• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Super High Potential & Low Low Risk Investment Opportunity To Consider !

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is trading his own account..................just that his trades are also replicated in your account..............this is for small retail investors............those hedge funds managers expect huge sums from you mah...............

so the trades he's taking ........same trades for your account too................and instead of charging you management fees and 20% or 30% of the profits..............he only getting a few pips from the extra spread that the broker charges you..............

so it's much much cheaper for everyone involved.............

Bro,

When he liaise with a brokerage firm to have this scheme, he will not be trading a style suited for the best risk-reward.

He will likely be scalping so that there will be lots of trades (in and out) inorder for the brokerage firm that he liaised with to earn your pips.

The thing with scalping is this: a guy may get into a hot streak for many days (making small profits many times) ..... and then he will definitely hit a bad streak. If he is a disciplined trader and he cuts his losses (if they are small losses), his edge (accuracy ratio) can overcome the losses and overall ....... he may emerge a winner.

But if he is the type where his risk control is bad ..... you may end up losing your initial capital. He has a track record of losing everything. So, frankly, I don't trust this guy.

Most of these schemes are on a 'scalping mode' so that the brokerage can earn lots of revenue from participants of the schemes.

Be careful. There are lots of such schemes around. All of them will give you track record of profits for a few days or weeks and then suddenly, all your money is gone.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During the early 2000 till now, all the traders who do scalping (for a few pips) are mostly wiped out.

Reason: automated trading by the big banks have taken over the market-making functions and are making tons of money.

Very few humans can scalp well. There will be days when a trader is off-guard, emotional ...... and let his losses get too big, and thus wiping away all the 'few pips' he has earned over many days or weeks.

Those that can do scalping well don't want to teach. Some don't mind teaching but they don't know how to convey it in a way most people can understand. It is mostly internalised.

Most of the good FX traders I know don't scalp. They ride for a few big figures of profits (a few hundred pips), holding the position for a few days.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,

When he liaise with a brokerage firm to have this scheme, he will not be trading a style suited for the best risk-reward.

He will likely be scalping so that there will be lots of trades (in and out) inorder for the brokerage firm that he liaised with to earn your pips.

The thing with scalping is this: a guy may get into a hot streak for many days (making small profits many times) ..... and then he will definitely hit a bad streak. If he is a disciplined trader and he cuts his losses (if they are small losses), his edge (accuracy ratio) can overcome the losses and overall ....... he may emerge a winner.

But if he is the type where his risk control is bad ..... you may end up losing your initial capital. He has a track record of losing everything. So, frankly, I don't trust this guy.

Most of these schemes are on a 'scalping mode' so that the brokerage can earn lots of revenue from participants of the schemes.

Be careful. There are lots of such schemes around. All of them will give you track record of profits for a few days or weeks and then suddenly, all your money is gone.

thanks, i know.................that's why i'm still monitoring his record...............he is not scalping as some of his winners are worth many pips.........the good thing is he has much more losing trades than winners and he still got about 70% profit after 5 months............

i'll see what is his record after June/July............if still good, i'll drop in maybe 1,000 bucks and see what happens...............i'll compound only if the a/c doubled..............if lose, i'll lose less than 1,000...................if win, who knows.............

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the days when Simex would run free courses for you to become a lone trader. Says the business needs liquidity from guys like us. They would get floor traders to give us their views. Most of them scalp, especially if a big fish comes along. Its like a person walks into Change Alley with huge amount of currency to convert and all the ah nehs there lit their eyes up like Christmas trees. None or few dare to hold overnight let alone a few hours. Another talk about being a contrarian, buy when everyone is selling. I think he has plant DNA if he can really do that. As for relaxation, they happily says game of mahjong or cards after work. They are all gamblers at heart.

During the early 2000 till now, all the traders who do scalping (for a few pips) are mostly wiped out.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember the days when Simex would run free courses for you to become a lone trader. Says the business needs liquidity from guys like us. They would get floor traders to give us their views. Most of them scalp, especially if a big fish comes along. Its like a person walks into Change Alley with huge amount of currency to convert and all the ah nehs there lit their eyes up like Christmas trees. None or few dare to hold overnight let alone a few hours. Another talk about being a contrarian, buy when everyone is selling. I think he has plant DNA if he can really do that. As for relaxation, they happily says game of mahjong or cards after work. They are all gamblers at heart.

I was referring to FX scalpers who got wiped out, even those working in the banks.

Simex was a different thing altogether. The busiest pits were the interest rate pits - Eurodollar futures and Euroyen futures. Interest rate futures do not have the volatility of the FX markets. Thus, they operate like the money changers, earning the bid-offer spreads. It was very lucrative for the pit locals as the banks and corporate treasurers who needed to hedge their interest rate exposures are willing to give away a few ticks just to get the hedge protections on. Therefore, the more profitable style of trading was scalping in the Simex pits for the interest rate contracts.

For FX, it is different. The market can trade in a range for a long while and then all of a sudden, news of Europe's credit spread widening will cause an upheavel in the FX markets. Whatever few pips you earned while scalping will be wiped out and more.

Interestingly, US interest rates is almost zero, so is Japan's interest rates. There is nothing going on in the instruments that the former pit traders used to trade in. If these Simex pit traders are still trading, they will likely trade FX now ...... and if they use the same scalping style that they used in the interest rate contracts ...... they will surely be wiped out.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
imagine if every individual think like you, and some big shark may take the opportunity to pay him lose all your money...muahaha...:eek:

Opportunity >>
-----------------

having a well-known forex trader (over 20 years trading experience and having a few of his trading books published) manage your account through mirror-trading

Mirror Trading >>
-------------------

whatever trades the trader make on his own account is replicated on your account.......he will not take any percentage of the profits you made but a very small spread of a few pips is paid to him and Zulutrade.......his performance can be tracked on Zulutrade.com so the performances are real and only you have access to the funds in your account.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imagine if every individual think like you, and some big shark may take the opportunity to pay him lose all your money...muahaha...:eek:

Opportunity >>
-----------------

having a well-known forex trader (over 20 years trading experience and having a few of his trading books published) manage your account through mirror-trading

Mirror Trading >>
-------------------

whatever trades the trader make on his own account is replicated on your account.......he will not take any percentage of the profits you made but a very small spread of a few pips is paid to him and Zulutrade.......his performance can be tracked on Zulutrade.com so the performances are real and only you have access to the funds in your account.

yah hor...............maybe George Soros will do that hor.............Soros is out to get me................wa si liao lah...................

Last edited:

Lambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyway i was wondering if anyone here got invest in RMB bonds and structured notes ah? my rm was recommending that to me the other day saying it's a good investment opportunity - bout how the strength of china means it will shoot up the value. But then i always know China has always been suppressing the growth of the RMB. Something that Obama has spoken out against so I don't how much this star is gonna shoot loh..any thoughts?

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyway i was wondering if anyone here got invest in RMB bonds and structured notes ah? my rm was recommending that to me the other day saying it's a good investment opportunity - bout how the strength of china means it will shoot up the value. But then i always know China has always been suppressing the growth of the RMB. Something that Obama has spoken out against so I don't how much this star is gonna shoot loh..any thoughts?

Never touch structured products. You are much better off packaging your own (if you know how to).

Let me explain why.

When bank customers put money into fixed deposits, everybody roughly knows how much spread (profit) the bank makes. There is transparency because the fixed deposit is such a generic product. Unfortunately for the banks, profits from transparent products are not high. So banks get involved in structured products.

The general public are only aware of the payouts for each outcome for structured products, but they are generally not savvy enough to 'reverse-engineer' these structured products to know what they are made up of.

Generally, structured products are made up of the basic building blocks: (1) an interest or dividend earning asset, and (2) derivatives (mostly options).

Banks packaged these building blocks into structured products so as to reduce the transparency - so that the general public does not know how much profit margin the banks are making. So customers just buy, thinking that they are into a good deal.

The truth is, the banks blatantly overpriced these basic components within the structured products such that on average, the general public will find it very hard to make money from them.

If the customers are lucky to earn 6% from these products, you can be quite sure that the bank makes about 6% out of the customer. So in actual fact, the customer should rightly earn about 10% (if margin for bank is only 2%).

Because most customers do not know what these products are made up of, they just buy ...... at high prices ....enticed by glossy brochures, seduced by pretty RMs, and blinded by the bank's reputation.

Last edited: