• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had booked my Moderna vaccine months ago which is supposed to arrive in October. Looking at the current situation (1) Delta variant spreading, (2) the government's interference in private hospital buying of vaccines, (3) lies and more lies from government's promises my conclusion is its too risky to wait for the promised Moderna if it will ever come in October at all. So last week decided to go for Sinopharm as an interim measure while waiting for Moderna.

Today went to have my first shot of Sinopharm

Arriving at the hospital it was quiet and not many people

UvIonG5.jpg

No chaos, everything in order
QteeGyO.jpg

After registration queue for injection
xbSJn6Q.jpg

Injection room
kBofQoe.jpg

Finally got my jab
d9ZW1t9.jpg

Second injection appointment 4 weeks away
28093WW.jpg

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had booked my Moderna vaccine months ago which is supposed to arrive in October. Looking at the current situation (1) Delta variant spreading, (2) the government's interference in private hospital buying of vaccines, (3) lies and more lies from government's promises my conclusion is its too risky to wait for the promised Moderna if it will ever come in October at all. So last week decided to go for Sinopharm as an interim measure while waiting for Moderna.

Today went to have my first shot of Sinopharm

Arriving at the hospital it was quiet and not many people

UvIonG5.jpg

No chaos, everything in order
QteeGyO.jpg

After registration queue for injection
xbSJn6Q.jpg

Injection room
kBofQoe.jpg

Finally got my jab
d9ZW1t9.jpg

Second injection appointment 4 weeks away
28093WW.jpg

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you tell me where to get the Sinopharm Vaccine. My Singapore 70 yr old friend wants this injection. I am just helping him find the Vaccine
thank you in advance

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Covid New Cases in Thailand today

Total 14,260 ( -315 )

Deaths 119 ( +5 )

PcvZQSV.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Can you tell me where to get the Sinopharm Vaccine. My Singapore 70 yr old friend wants this injection. I am just helping him find the Vaccine
thank you in advance

I will have to ask my HR colleague on Monday

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bangkok launches 23 community isolation centres, 30 more on way

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has set up 23 Community Isolation Centres with room for 3,390 Covid-19 patients and will open another 30 centres by early next month, BMA governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Friday.​

“Another 30 centres will be ready by the end of July or the beginning of August. A total of 6,013 beds will be provided for patients unable to home isolate,” said Aswin.

The isolation centres are being opened for asymptomatic and mild cases in Bangkok, which reported 3,104 new infections on Friday

The 30 unfinished centres are currently being fitted with features to ensure safety and hygiene for medical staff and patients, he added.

Aswin said the BMA plans to open at least one centre in every district, with security provided by municipal officials and police officers.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will have to ask my HR colleague on Monday
They will announce the registration availability over TV and the internet, but it's really no help because the website is always crashing... Nothing ever goes as planned in Thailand. The best route on vaccination is through companies that secure the doses for their staff.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Only worst and worst, another record breaking day. Really sad.

Total 15,335 ( +1,075 )

Deaths 129 ( +10 )

1wIzYXp.jpg

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foodpanda faces backlash after calling Thai protest 'terrorism'​

Remark proves costly in competitive food delivery market despite apologies
https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F0%252F8%252F8%252F0%252F35400880-1-eng-GB%252FDSC08041.jpg

A boycott could deal a heavy blow to Foodpanda at a time when Thailand's third COVID-19 wave forces restaurants to serve only takeout.

BANGKOK -- Asian food delivery giant Foodpanda has become the target of a boycott by pro-democracy protesters in Thailand after the subsidiary of Frankfurt-listed Delivery Hero made a remark against rallygoers' freedom of speech.

On Monday, #BanFoodpanda was listed for a second straight day as one of the most trending hashtags in Southeast Asia's second-largest economy. Over a million tweets were made using the hashtag.

A boycott could deal a heavy blow to the food delivery operator in a highly competitive market. The country's third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic has forced restaurants in affected provinces, including Bangkok, to serve only takeout. Foodpanda could miss out as competitors ride high. https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Fo...backlash-after-calling-Thai-protest-terrorism

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What do you do with left over soup? Breakfast for the next day of course. So this is my breakfast with the bak kut teh -

Cooking breakfast bak kut teh meesua

Bak kut teh with meesua
I7tjX5l.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Total 14,150 ( -1,226 )

Deaths 118 ( +31 )

5w9Jkyo.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Covid New Cases in Thailand today, another record breaking day

Total 16,533 ( +2.383 )

Deaths 133 ( +15 )

F8IXN5E.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Crush at Bang Sue vaccination centre sparks virus fears​

Overcrowding sparked fears of cluster outbreaks at Bangkok’s main vaccination centre on Tuesday, after people from other provinces rushed to get injected before the walk-in measure is scrapped.​

Crush at Bang Sue vaccination centre sparks virus fears

The Bang Sue Vaccination Centre was packed all day, as people took advantage of public holidays to travel to the capital for a jab.

The centre was open to senior citizens for walk-in appointments and to people from other provinces who had pre-booked their jab.
Among the crowds were people from Prachuap Khiri Khan, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Lop Buri, Chainat, Phichit and Ang Thong. Monks from Phra Phutthabat temple in Saraburi had also made the journey for a jab.
People queuing at the centre said they had left their provinces early in the morning via pre-booked vans. Some were disappointed after being turned away because they did not meet criteria for vaccination. Many were seen pleading with officials for a jab. Others even wandered around asking if they could pose as carers for elderly people in order to be vaccinated.
The centre announced that it would suspend walk-in appointments from Thursday (July 29) and receive only people who have registered via the mobile network.

Published : July 27, 2021
By : The Nation

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Night owls arrested in Pattaya raids​

Nation PUBLISHED : 27 JUL 2021 AT 10:20
WRITER: CHAIYOT PUPATTANAPONG
Eleven foreigners and one Thai were found gathered together and drinking alcohol in the Fat Boy Bar&Grill shop in Bang Lamung, Pattaya, during a police raid on Monday night. (Photo: Chaiyot Pupattanapong)
Eleven foreigners and one Thai were found gathered together and drinking alcohol in the Fat Boy Bar&Grill shop in Bang Lamung, Pattaya, during a police raid on Monday night. (Photo: Chaiyot Pupattanapong)

CHON BURI: Seventy-eight Thai and foreign tourists were arrested for violating the Covid-19 emergency decree during raids on two shops in Pattaya on Monday night, police said.
About 8pm, Nong Prue police led by Pol Col Decha Chidsonghong raided the Fat Boy Bar & Grill at the mouth of Soi Boonsampan 5/1 in tambon Nong Prue, Bang Lamung district.

Eleven foreigners and one Thai were found drinking beer in the basement of the shop.

About 9.30pm, administrative officials and Bang Lamung police searched the Bamboo shop at Moo 5 in tambon Nong Prue.

They found 66 tourists, 37 Thais and 29 foreigners, eating and drinking alcohol in the shop.

Both groups were taken to Bang Lamung police station and charged with violating the ban on gatherings imposed by the provincial communicable disease committee under the emergency decree.