• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And another last one for the road

null-224.jpg

null-907.jpg

But she's getting real bored
null-2451.jpg

Last edited:

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIN-CNX plane tickets booked. Will be in Chiang Mai from 8 Sep to 13 Sep with parents and daughter in tow. :-)

My first real holiday in 5 years.... :-P

Thanks to bro Ypres and others for travel tips. Will be doing more research online and booking the accomodation soon.

Have a good weekend all!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi bros, anyone know what is the tax chargeable for new electronic goods brought into Thailand?
Wants to buy a tv. Hand carry is it limit to 40 inch only? If by luggage is no limit to screen size? Need to declare upon arrival or can sneak in? Thanks

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi bros, anyone know what is the tax chargeable for new electronic goods brought into Thailand?
Wants to buy a tv. Hand carry is it limit to 40 inch only? If by luggage is no limit to screen size? Need to declare upon arrival or can sneak in? Thanks

Yo. Last I heard is 10%. Most of the time if one declares customs will ask you to past without paying but 40" is hard for them to ignore cos people looking. Bro now a days electrical goods in Thailand is very cheap and some times cheaper than in Singapore you may wish to consider purchasing it here also for the ease of warranty.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...now a days electrical goods in Thailand is very cheap and some times cheaper than in Singapore you may wish to consider purchasing it here also for the ease of warranty.
NW, Joe's right. Save yourself the hassle, competitive pricing in major outlets/malls and even delivery. You'll be spoilt for choice, with glitzy deals and promos.

panzer said:
Chiang Mai from 8 Sep to 13 Sep with parents and daughter in tow. :-) research online and booking the accomodation soon.
Happy holidays with family up north, absorb Lanna culture. Besides previously mentioned Niman Mai Design (bht1316), you may wish go consider popular Centara Duangtawan. Conveniently next to night bazaar area, smack in old city centre. Going for bht1460 (standard) and deluxe bht1680 nett incl abf. Low season pricing, doing same in 2 weeks

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cdc/cdc_default.asp

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I notice that cars, refrigerators, washing machines,... are now made in LOS . I would check & compare prices of TV's before buying it in Spore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok thanks bro for the replies.
Out if touch liao....coming to 1.5 years not set foot in Los.
Gf insists tvs here in sinkieland are much cheaper.
Ok will try to compare prices.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hey Pii. You can PM me the model and I get my staff to check for you here.

I kay-kiang last October being the firsts to own iPhone-5 here by buying it in StarHub. May it kaput I went to Apple outlets in Thailand they told me got to repair in Singapore I said isn't it International Warranty they said so many things. I lanlan went back to change but in the mean time got no iPhone. Starhub exchanged for me without question. Just two weeks ago the same phone kaput again so I need to go back to Singapore to change AGAIN. In the mean time I again lanlan got to buy one here. Anyway just an illustration of fuckers playing with terms and conditions of warranty so I advise anything use here buy here better IF the price is not much different of course. For TVs I a sure its almost the same price.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If are going to buy a TV in Spore for use in LOS, try to get a non-Sporean to buy it. Then you can claim a GST refund at the airport.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Pii. You can PM me the model and I get my staff to check for you here.

I kay-kiang last October being the firsts to own iPhone-5 here by buying it in StarHub. May it kaput I went to Apple outlets in Thailand they told me got to repair in Singapore I said isn't it International Warranty they said so many things. I lanlan went back to change but in the mean time got no iPhone. Starhub exchanged for me without question. Just two weeks ago the same phone kaput again so I need to go back to Singapore to change AGAIN. In the mean time I again lanlan got to buy one here. Anyway just an illustration of fuckers playing with terms and conditions of warranty so I advise anything use here buy here better IF the price is not much different of course. For TVs I a sure its almost the same price.
thanks pii....I dunno about tv much but a friend told me he got one for Sgd 6k! With Hd 3D the works....
I saw one 'similar' in size one going for $900 knocked down from $1200.....the Gf claimed its 40k baht in Los. So to me all same same not for own use :biggrin:

Thanks for the warranty warning. Remembered iPhone price when launched difference was quite abit back then....
Bought in sinkieland sgd$888 and Los (which haven launched yet) was going for 30k baht in fortune. Gf took orders and self imported quite a few sets.

If are going to buy a TV in Spore for use in LOS, try to get a non-Sporean to buy it. Then you can claim a GST refund at the airport.

Yes this is the plan....
And also going to a friendly shop to get another fake invoice declared lower price just for Los customs.
Sorry the cheapskate sinkie in me something emerges.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Taking 2 days break in Pattaya from past two weeks of crazy work. Highly recommend this restaurant by the Beach Road Soi 13/2 simply known as Pizza.

Moot has a micro brewery inside and serve fresh oven backed pizza and other Italian dishes. Here's the inside of the restaurant very nicely decorated

null-379.jpg

null-534.jpg

null-347.jpg

[video=youtube;o_lg9HWrzFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_lg9HWrzFA[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Started with these two

a nice bottle of Valpolicella Ripasso
null-983.jpg

and some NZ mussels
null-930.jpg

my guest ordered a fillet Napoletana
null-217.jpg

to share is a salami pizza with extra mushroom, Milano salami and beacon
null-750.jpg

and a fettuccine carbonara
null-1125.jpg

Pizza is great the thin type that I like, not easy to get a good pizza in Thailand so this is one place you can get.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawadeekarp !
Greetings to all run road to Thailand brudders :p
Went to Nexx at Serangoon and ordered :

The downside : Fried pork lard cubes ( bak pock ) out of stock :mad: :mad:

A pretty good meal, I must say :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow, never did 3L glass (mega size:p). Only had big beer dispenser (with built in ice to keep cool). Hic

Bro this one 3L only for crazy bigcock like erection2011 you and me we're out of the league.