• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Waaaaaaaaa 555555555

我这里没有蓝带。 大象就有。很多。:smile:

20130512_215309_zpsdb0728ac.jpg

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st red bull in Thailand :p

632A810B-BE77-4008-8588-43ADD9162E7A-586-000002C9DD8EE700_zps730503b7.jpg
That Austrian guy came to Thailand for a holiday and saw the potential for the beverage. Bought the rights to manufacture and market the drink in Europe to a different recipe and the rest is history.

Thai Red Bull owner, dunno his name, one of Thailand's richest man but I think passed away recently (RIP). Grandson in deep shit last year for running over and dragging the body of policeman for a few hundred meters with his Lambo.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thai Red Bull owner, dunno his name, one of Thailand's richest man but I think passed away recently (RIP). Grandson in deep shit last year for running over and dragging the body of policeman for a few hundred meters with his Lambo.
Yo, case is still not out of the woodwork.. ala thai style :p Btw, whatever happened to that sinkie fella who hit his wifey's gik 2 years back? Another 1 in the dusty archives?

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo, case is still not out of the woodwork.. ala thai style :p Btw, whatever happened to that sinkie fella who hit his wifey's gik 2 years back? Another 1 in the dusty archives?
Heir to Red Bull empire case I think settled with compensation of a few million bahts. Sinkie chap I also curious perhaps Bros Chon or Joetys can enlighten us?

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yo guys, i got a question i wanted to ask u all, but its not thailand related.. at least related to my thai wife..

ok, i wanted to open a shop in sg. the problem is, my thai wife will be tending the shop most of the time. however, do i still need to apply work permit? (currently she on 1 yr LTVP).

the shop will be under my name. and workforce will be my thai wife, and i am also looking at another staff (but also thai).

i need constructive suggestion.. pls pm me urgently..

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
open a shop in sg. the problem is, my thai wife will be tending the shop most of the time. however, do i still need to apply work permit? (currently she on 1 yr LTVP).
the shop will be under my name. and workforce will be my thai wife, and i am also looking at another staff (but also thai)...
Little I know (hopefully of some help): Since start 2013, red tape on work pass is worse off -with tighter locals ratio. Even S pass, and not just the threshold salary and levy (qualifications too). This has under mined local SMEs, and F&B industry. So you may find it uphill for extra khun thai's work pass. Psst... as for your wifey, think you got every right for her to man the shop.:wink: All the best

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little I know (hopefully of some help): Since start 2013, red tape on work pass is worse off -with tighter locals ratio. Even S pass, and not just the threshold salary and levy (qualifications too). This has under mined local SMEs, and F&B industry. So you may find it uphill for extra khun thai's work pass. Psst... as for your wifey, think you got every right for her to man the shop.:wink: All the best

thanks for the fast reply YY. ok, the problem is, if i open the shop and ask my wife to tend, if the mom officer come and check, will she get into trouble if she is unable to produce the work permit pass? i mean, will she get into trouble if she say she is on LTVP?

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, i wanted to open a shop in sg. the problem is, my thai wife will be tending the shop most of the time. however, do i still need to apply work permit? (currently she on 1 yr LTVP).

the shop will be under my name. and workforce will be my thai wife, and i am also looking at another staff (but also thai).

i need constructive suggestion.. pls pm me urgently..
Hi bro! Your wife has LTVP shld not be an issue coz I see many Thai shops asking for workers with at least a LTVP also. Only thing I can think of is whether she would be subjected to the Sinkie to foreigner ratio, if she needs a work permit in the first place.

Best would be to call MOM as they would be the ones issuing the work permits and can better advise you. Here is ICA's website on the matter:
http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665

Choke dee naa krub!

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ask my wife to tend..unable to produce the work permit pass? i mean, will she get into trouble if she say she is on LTVP?
Certain things cannot "openly" put across (think you know what I mean):wink:

Technically yes, LTVP = no employment. But doesn't real life also means that your wifey sticks with you, and looks after marital interests (and not just limited to household chores)? I do think it's a "thin" line on employment. And for practical reasons, yourself can't be 24/7 but rely on your better half to "hold the fort" (you get my drift). Don't take my work my it, but yours is a common thing in practice in town.

Your insurance will be eventual PR status. Meanwhile, just ensure nobody else squeals :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chon... ok嗎? 人间七情六欲难免...能自觉能体验也算丰富人生... 克服便活的自由活的潇洒... 你可以的...

just a humble 2 cents advice..

还是听歌吧...
bro, thanks for the advice. slowly, very slowly trying to forget. seems easy but not so easy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
los say small not really small. say big not really big. if want to hide, sure can hide but not in the big cities. my guess is already run road elsewhere liaoz. dont think the ah sia kia can stay in the rural village.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro diet, i not sure sg laws now but over here, the foreign boss becomes the 'customer' in their own joints or business. for eg.korean lady boss of massage parlour hire a local take care everything. only went there at night to collect the day's earnings. most important is how 'visible' your shop is. if too 'loud' can attract 'red eyes'.

personally, i think there is nothing wrong for tao kay niu to look after hubby shop.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
open a bottle of sang som at my own shop. ordered sheesha also. here just give a call, they deliver in 15 mins. moo ka ta (bbq hotplate) and jim joom(traditional steamboat) also same same.

20130513_191939_zps8dca09e4.jpg