• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe, thanks bro. Now very mao liaoz. Not nice thing to heart broken at my age. Not paiseh to say, heartbroken, cos' effort was rejected. Long time no heart broken liaoz, but this time emotional damage very bad.

No girls in Walking or Buakhao can console me. See? How bad it is.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hehehe, thanks bro. Now very mao liaoz. Not nice thing to heart broken at my age. Not paiseh to say, heartbroken, cos' effort was rejected. Long time no heart broken liaoz, but this time emotional damage very bad.

You need to pay a visit to Dr Joe. His office is at Posiden, should be able to cure your heart ache.

Jokes aside, take care lah bro.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need to pay a visit to Dr Joe. His office is at Posiden, should be able to cure your heart ache.

Jokes aside, take care lah bro.
A surprising cool and sunny morning in Sin City. Nice to wake up from my own bed after being away for a week. Most important, got to drink nice brewed kopi instead of instant nescafe kopi. :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can share the story of which gal broke your heart? Were you going to marry her? Must make sure to marry someone you love if not end up like mark richmond and vernetta.

BuriramUnitedFC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is heartbroken here?
i was bro :(

http://www.espnstar.com/football/as...853177/Buriram-slayed-by-Chonburi-once-again/

Buriram slayed by Chonburi once again
Defending champions Buriram United were beaten by Chonburi for the second time this season in the Thai Premier League after falling to a 4-2 defeat on Saturday.

By ESPNSTAR.com staff

Having lost to the Sharks 4-3 when both sides met at the Thunder Castle Stadium back in June, Buriram entered the game looking not only to avenge that loss but also keep alive their ailing title hopes.

However, things got off to a bad start in the 12th minute when Kazuto Kushida fired Chonburi ahead after Thiago Cunha had found him inside the area with a clever pass.

A minute before the half-hour mark, sloppy play by Buriram centre-back Yves Ekwalla Herman saw him gave possession away inside his own half, allowing Noppanon Kachaplayuk to make his way down the right before laying the ball to Kushida, who doubled his tally with a 25-yard strike.

Ten minutes after the break, the contest was all but over when Thiago unleashed a left-footed strike past a hapless Sivaruck Tedsungnoen, but Buriram then threatened to make an unlikely comeback when Ekwalla made amends for his earlier error by scoring two headers in the final 20 minutes.

Nonetheless, Chonburi were not to be denied and went on to wrap up all three points when Fode Bangaly Diakite added a fourth in the 82nd minute, before Surat Sukha added to Buriram's misery when he received a straight red two minutes from the end.

The result means the Thunder Castle are now eight points behind second-placed Chonburi and a massive 15 behind leaders Muangthong United, who have a game in hand.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Hey just curious about using ais on roaming. If lets say you let your ais thai number roam when u go to another country can ppl hear the music you put in your phone if they call u while roaming ?

Ya no change buddy. If you purchased the music for your ringtone for others to listen and wherever you roam in the world people calling you will still hear the music you purchased.

To play extra safe i think your line needs to divert to voicemail (roaming charges apply when activated) or another singapore line that is off when uncontactable etc......if not the caller could be hearing a foreign automated message when your phone is roaming but out of range.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

..extra safe i think your line needs to divert to voicemail ..or another singapore line that is off when uncontactable etc......if not the caller could be hearing a foreign automated message when your phone is roaming but out of range.
NW, got a crony who lagi best ..he puts his Sg mobile in 1 of those tiny boxes for recharging (Changi), before scooting ff to LOS for his escapades. He just rely on alter ego phone, DTAC/AIS/True Move. :p

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

NW, got a crony who lagi best ..he puts his Sg mobile in 1 of those tiny boxes for recharging (Changi), before scooting ff to LOS for his escapades. He just rely on alter ego phone, DTAC/AIS/True Move. :p

Phone still around when the crony comes back? or already elang true sinkie style?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phone still around when the crony comes back? or already elang true sinkie style?
He not kiasu, think you unplug tiny key (lock up).:p But then, got catch ..what if kena genuine emergency from his wifey and kids? :confused:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah, playa like us always know there's another around the corner.

I in BKK next month, come up and I take you to bestest nasi lemak/teh tarik in BKK. Sure heal all wounds quick quick.

Question for all: who has stayed at the Novotel Siam? Drop me a PM - need to ask some questions.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I in BKK next month, come up and I take you to bestest nasi lemak/teh tarik in BKK. Sure heal all wounds quick quick.
Still having a running nose and headaches from the flu. Good thing is I sleep more and drink less. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Welcome back bro. No idea about Novotel, sorry.

Not sure will be in Bangkok during your stay, lets keep ourselves updated.

Question for all: who has stayed at the Novotel Siam? Drop me a PM - need to ask some questions.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who has stayed at the Novotel Siam?
You MIA awhile.. Stayed at Novotel eons ago, my cherry trip to Bkk. Smack in busy Siam Square, MBK etc and crowded with wailun students and like on weekends (if you like that atmosphere). Basement is the infamous CM2, infested with FLs ..including russkie types, and odd PRCs.

Back then, hotel room not exactly luxurious (maybe my standard 1 was sparsely furnished). Joiner fees apply, if you know what I mean. Personally, in my books more can be had with myriad choices according to your budget and comfort league.

Doing 1st time from this weekend at Somerset Suanplu (Sathorn) at thb1,995++ with BIG balcony rooms 70m2 + gratis wifi + abf. Pantry, washing machine to boot (not that you have much use). Not the Shang I'd expect:

http://www.somerset.com/thailand/bangkok/somerset_park_suanplu.html

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
joetys said:
Welcome back bro. No idea about Novotel, sorry.
Not sure will be in Bangkok during your stay, lets keep ourselves updated.

You MIA awhile.. Stayed at Novotel eons ago, my cherry trip to Bkk. Smack in busy Siam Square, MBK etc and crowded with wailun students and like on weekends (if you like that atmosphere). Basement is the infamous CM2, infested with FLs ..including russkie types, and odd PRCs.

Back then, hotel room not exactly luxurious (maybe my standard 1 was sparsely furnished). Joiner fees apply, if you know what I mean. Personally, in my books more can be had with myriad choices according to your budget and comfort league.
Not the Shang I'd expect

Paiseh yes MIA for a while. Been traveling a lot - already passed 100k miles for the year :( Was too tired to come online.

Got a deal at Novotel for 570B/all-in/breakfast (sorry no longer available) but only for 1 person and I was wondering how hard it would be to sneak in another guest. Do they police the elevators all day? Not really a "joiner" situation strictly speaking but then again, I guess you could call it that. I've never stayed at a hotel where I did not check-in together but 570B is too good to pass up. Hate to cancel but looks like I may have to.

The Shang I've stayed before :biggrin: Both the regular wing and Krunthep wing. I remember getting it once for US$35/night during the height of SARS crisis. I was there for a week living it up. Those days, they even threw in free breakfast for Golden Circle members. Good times.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Got a deal at Novotel for 570B/all-in/breakfast (sorry no longer available)

You yaaa must be you and your good 'ol expedia.uk, thanks again for that mate.

No need to sneak la just walk in with her, lobby so big why worry?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
BANGKOK here I cum!

Leaving for airport now to catch my 12.35pm flight back home, so excited to see my new doggy.