• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recently I can see many mangoes available in pasir panjang bulk market.

please let me know if singapore mangoes from Thailand are actually grade AAA?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need help on Pattaya.

I understand there is a bus terminal at Thepprasit and that there is a "blue" bus that serves Thepprasit <-> Suvarnabhumi.

Is that the one that is run by Bell Travel Service ? Or another transport company ? Would appreciate if fellow Pattaya regulars can shed some light. Thank you.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..bus terminal at Thepprasit and that there is a "blue" bus that serves Thepprasit <-> Suvarnabhumi.
Is that the one that is run by Bell Travel Service ? Or another transport company ?
Below 2 links may help you. From Thepprasit end. Think distinct from Bell which provide van transfers to/from major hotels. Not a Patts regular, and neither have I tried this -but don't think you'll be wrong here

http://www.buspattaya.org/bus-termi...-jomtien-bus-terminal-to-suvarnabhumi-airport

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/pattaya-suvarnabhumi-airport-bus-schedule-timetable

CIMG1203-WM-Jomtien-Bus-Terminal-to-Suvarnabhumi-Airport-535x401.jpg
CIMG1201-WM-Jomtien-Bus-Terminal-to-Suvarnabhumi-Airport-535x401.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Slice of thai mango today -on the human trafficking (outside fishery industry plaguing junta).

Over 50 Thai police punished over links to human trafficking
May 7, 2015 2:41 pm

BANGKOK (Reuters) - More than 50 Thai police officers have been punished over suspected links to human trafficking networks, the police chief said on Thursday, after the prime minister ordered a probe into the discovery of trafficking camps near the Malaysian border.

Thirty-two bodies, believed to be migrants from Myanmar and Bangladesh, have been found in shallow graves over the past week in the southern province of Songkhla.

Some of the bodies were found at a suspected human trafficking camp hidden deep in the jungle.

"We have transferred over 50 police officers over this issue because commanders in local areas know who has been involved in what," Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuang told reporters ahead of a meeting in Bangkok to discuss efforts to crack down on the illicit trade.

"In the past there were no sincere efforts to solve this problem. This is only something that has happened recently."

Some Thai officials say human trafficking has been allowed to flourish for years amid indifference and, sometimes, complicity by Thai authorities.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha has ordered a clean up of suspected human trafficking camps around the country within 10 days, while UN officials have called for a regional effort to end the illicit trade.

Thai police have arrested four men - three Thais and a Myanmar national - on suspicion of human trafficking. Arrest warrants have been issued for a further four people.

Thousands of illegal migrants, including Rohinghya Muslims from western Myanmar and from Bangladesh, brave dangerous journeys by sea and land to escape religious and ethnic persecution and in search of work abroad.

They are often trafficked through Thailand, a predominantly Buddhist country, and taken into the country’s jungles, where traffickers demand ransoms to release them or smuggle them across the border to mainly Muslim Malaysia.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below 2 links may help you. From Thepprasit end. Think distinct from Bell which provide van transfers to/from major hotels. Not a Patts regular, and neither have I tried this -but don't think you'll be wrong here

http://www.buspattaya.org/bus-termi...-jomtien-bus-terminal-to-suvarnabhumi-airport

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/pattaya-suvarnabhumi-airport-bus-schedule-timetable

Thanks, Bro.

Just needed to confirm that Bell Travel is not the only company running the Suvarnabhumi - Pattaya line. With Bell Travel, I need to book online. But it's kind of risky because you never know if your flight will be delayed. So with 389 plying the same route, it's another option.

I hate to alight at North Pattaya Terminal. Thepprasit would seem a breath of fresh air.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Bell Travel, I need to book online. But it's kind of risky because you never know if your flight will be delayed. So with 389 plying the same route, it's another option.Thepprasit would seem a breath of fresh air.
Think Bell can be bought over the counter in basement (seen pax loitering about). Not done North Patts terminal, but Thepprasit is not bad area with night market on weekends. Enjoy:p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chanced upon this charming, quaint small resort Lazy River House at Ampawa. Seems you got all the private space. Caveat: Bring your own towels. Will look see if pics depict reality in my next foray to Samut Songkram:p

http://www.lazyriverhouse.com/

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Drinks at Holland Village tonight, I am beginning to feel Holland Village is starting to turn into an Indian Village.

Anyway did enjoy the drinks, company and some finger food

Special Isaan sauce with the chicken wings

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's a beautiful sunny day wanted to take this photo

went into the smoking "room" to take a closeup of the photo and discovered it's actually an open air area, nice, good design

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm heading to Pattaya later this month.

I would like to know more about Walking Street. Any particular joints that foreigners should avoid ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks, Bro.

Just needed to confirm that Bell Travel is not the only company running the Suvarnabhumi - Pattaya line. With Bell Travel, I need to book online. But it's kind of risky because you never know if your flight will be delayed. So with 389 plying the same route, it's another option.

I hate to alight at North Pattaya Terminal. Thepprasit would seem a breath of fresh air.

No need to advance book in advance because Bell has a counter at the basement of the Suvarnabhumi airport.
Or you can go by taxi to Pattaya for about 1,500 baht.

In Pattaya, many of the travel agents used to offer Bell bus services to Bangkok but nowadays they only want to offer Bell services that go to the airport & not Bangkok. Bell still goes to Bangkok but few agents will sell this service. I think because Bell does not offer a commission to the agents:confused:

If you have access to the internet & credit card you can still book a ride from Pattaya to Bangkok directly with Bell. Or go to their office which is next to the bus station in Pattaya.

Or simply book a Bell bus to Suvarnabhumi & take the MRT train to Bkk.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any "safe" joints to recommend?

Walking Street has become popular with the tourists so it's become expensive. Other than being expensive I haven't heard of any problems like in Patpong where they lock the doors until you agree to pay $$$ to get out:smile:

The tourist police have set up a table at the entrance of walking street so if you get into problems you can easily get help.

If you are looking for "adult" entertainment you should go to places like Soi 6, Soi Buakhao, Soi 7 & 8,...

Last edited:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to advance book in advance because Bell has a counter at the basement of the Suvarnabhumi airport.

The problem with not booking in advance is further delay caused by the long queue. I experienced it myself, twice. I often couldn't even board the next bus, and had to wait for 2 hours for the 3rd. It is unlike the buses at the Eastern Terminal where it departs almost every 30 minutes. This is the reason why I'm looking for an alternative bus company to fetch me from Airport to Pattaya.

What does Soi Buakhao offer? My hotel is very near Soi Buakhao but I hardly walk into the Soi. I hope you're not referring to ladyboys dancing on bar tops ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Late lunch at a Thai Chinese restaurant "Terrace 61"

Crab sauce salad

Deep fried prawn apple salad

Somtam

Kailan with deer meat

Kailan with prawn and tofu

Khao yuk

Terrance fried rice

Guitar duck

Yam fak meow

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with not booking in advance is further delay caused by the long queue. I experienced it myself, twice. I often couldn't even board the next bus, and had to wait for 2 hours for the 3rd. It is unlike the buses at the Eastern Terminal where it departs almost every 30 minutes. This is the reason why I'm looking for an alternative bus company to fetch me from Airport to Pattaya.

What does Soi Buakhao offer? My hotel is very near Soi Buakhao but I hardly walk into the Soi. I hope you're not referring to ladyboys dancing on bar tops ?

I usually go to Bangkok 1st before going to Pattaya, so I've never faced such a problem. Have to agree that when the bus makes a stop at the airport it can get very crowded. The only option I can think of is to take a taxi, maybe try to join a group of people who want to go to Pattaya to share the costs:confused:

Walking Street is where you will find the tourists, so expect to pay more $. Can be cheaper at Soi Buakhao to eat, drink, have massages, girls, ladyboys, haircut, hotels, ... On my last trip there I didn't even go to Walking Street. Just wandered around the Central Festival area.:smile: