• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of my meals are local neighborhood restaurants not really gourmet as in like those "hiso" restaurants in downtown. Let's take tonight's dinner it's just 9km away from my home on a straight road in fact another 5km more it'll be outside Bangkok and its a very local bar & restaurant with very good and authentic Thai food and Thai music. Cost of what you saw above plus 4 coconuts is only 1,600 baht or $66 for 3 person.

That meal at $66 for three individuals, looks very reasonable, and delicious.
Good for you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Recently tourists are back in Thailand so if you have a flight to catch in the morning please give yourself ample time.

after check in is the security screening, below photo is this morning at about 7.45am - give yourself 20mins here

then it's the immigration - should clear in 40mins but I'd recommend 50mins, last trip out was 1hr 5mins

not taken into consideration the check in time no idea this part as I use the special counter, and please consider the traffic too

According to staff, afternoons and evenings are okay that it means security and immigration takes about 30mins combined. Happy traveling.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great dinner tonight at Long Beach staring with Lou-Hei

With salmon

The ritual

Ready to eat

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
of course lah... Dempsey road is my territory :biggrin::biggrin: You go look for Long Beach captain...call Susan....hehehehe :biggrin:

Mans then what? Mention AhMeng? You don't dua me hor. Kns la there all the old staff knows me la and call me by my name, I don't need to know when.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently tourists are back in Thailand so if you have a flight to catch in the morning please give yourself ample time.

after check in is the security screening, below photo is this morning at about 7.45am - give yourself 20mins here

not taken into consideration the check in time no idea this part as I use the special counter, and please consider the traffic too

According to staff, afternoons and evenings are okay that it means security and immigration takes about 30mins combined. Happy traveling.

Other than heavy traffic must factor in the time of clearing some tourists.
The last time I was at the airport I was unfortunate to be behind some PRC chinese & the Thai customs were stopping them because they had bought many strange things from Thailand:smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can attest to long Q times on departure at passport control. Other Sunday at late morning 1100, took 25mins plus security thing after. Airport staff even had to put up a placard for some russkies late for Aeroflot flight next to passport control. So prudent to allow 1hr inside terminal before going to gate.

Had this great ice cream with my steak at Chok Chai farm in Khao Yai too. Not cloyingly sweet as with Svensons (commercial) and tastes even better than Haagen Daz

Didn't mess up my medium well

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First time I come to this place never know such a place exisit I thought I am in JB

Very nice white beehoon

The rest is so so, forget about the tahu

Hay zho

this tahu is not pure tahu too starchy inside

Chicken wings marinate not really get inside

Kailan

Han zhi hio

Sesame oil stir fry chicken - again not pang enough

Come here go straight for the beehoon enough

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
yummilicious...... nabeizzz.....why neber bring me huh?

Pian Xin Froggy....u met Ah Girl ah? Chio boh? :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One of my fav Chinese restaurants in Singapore is Prima

And thsi Egg white crab and fish dish is my fav dish always served in the beginning

Sweet and sour pork ribs

Tang-oh vege

Ee-fu noodles with Peking duck meat

Peking duck

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pattaya gentlemen's club shuttered
•Bangkok Post Published: 3/02/2015 at 04:51 PM

Authorities temporarily closed a Pattaya gentlemen’s club for illegal operation following a raid where more than 100 foreigners and young Thai women were found partying.

Authorities raid a nightclub in Chon Buri, Heaven Gentleman's Lounge Club and Sport, before ordering its closure for illegal operating. (Bangkok Post photo)

Gc.png

A team of police, soldiers and officials raided Heaven Gentleman's Lounge Club and Sport on Phra Tamnak Road in Chon Buri province's Bang Lamung district around 7pm Monday following a complaint that the establishment threw a party with illicit drug use and prostitution services.

The officers found more than 100 party-goers, including foreign men and young Thai women, dancing and drinking inside the two-storey building. Three of the women were found to be under 20 years old. Nobody tested positive for illicit drug use.

The search found some used condoms and towels left in one of five well-appointed rooms on the second floor, but nobody was found in the room. Books detailing accounts of the nightclub, use of those five rooms and a list of female staffers, numbering more than 40, were seized for examination.

Panadda Pansaeng, 36, told authorities that she was the manager of the nightclub, which regularly held parties to entertain clients. She said young female staffers sat with customers to serve them while the latter were drinking. She insisted none of the women provided sex services, while the rooms on the upstairs were for staff use only.

Prapan Prathumchumpa, head of security affairs at Bang Lamung district office, said authorities would initially charge the nightclub with operating without permission, selling alcoholic beverage past operating hours, and allowing people aged under 20 to assemble.

He has ordered the closure of the nightclub for 30 days pending further investigation.

He admitted evidence was insufficient to take action against the establishment for the alleged flesh trade. However, a further investigation would be conducted.

Later that night, the same group of officers raided 17 bars in the South Pattaya area, their second visit in as many days. Three clubs were found to be unlicensed and further investigations were set for an apartment complex where rooms reportedly were being rented for 50 baht an hour. Again, no direct evidence of prostitution or human trafficking was found. The raids are expected to continue over the coming weeks.