• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Food and drink at water hole

wine

15967131625_dc9d5973f9_b.jpg

pizza

15781119329_b01b801e33_b.jpg

15779738328_392f2f27d4_b.jpg

15965154021_0b688591e3_b.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You're having one too Jah? Cool. Me now home continue from the restaurant.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very late last night decided I've had enough of this short holiday, missing my loved ones in Bangkok so decided to abruptly cut short my holiday and leave this morning for Bangkok flying back to Don Meung Airport. The flight time is only 55 mins and cost of ticket starts at 1,500 baht to 3,000 baht depending on the time you purchase, as mine is a last minute I have to pay 2,100 baht or $84.

Most provinces' airports cater for domestic flights so they are small and simple, Khon Kaen is one of them.

Ground floor for Arrival and 2nd floor for Departure

[video=youtube;HB6PfJn7XvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6PfJn7XvQ[/video]

Thai Airways check in counter

Some shops after security checks

There are only 3 Gates in this airport, below you see gates 1 and 2 and the waiting area

Even the TG business lounge is simple

Just had an instant noodle and a cup of coffee.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thai Airways operate a fleet of aircraft and call it Thai Smile, I have no idea why so just guess it's for domestic and short international routes. Aircraft is basically the same external and internal except with the smile logo

Cabin crew uniform is different

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally landed. It took only 40mins instead of 55mins.Despite the very short distance and time, these girls served a simple breakfast with hot beverages too

Food comes in a nice, simple yet practical pack

That consists of these

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lunch at Central Plaza Lat Phrao's Kum Poon Isaan restaurant. Central Plaza Lat Phrao is another popular Central mall for people around Paholyothin, Chatuchak, Huay Kwang, Ratchada, Suttisan and is accessible by MRT at the Lat Phrao Station and also the BTS to downtown at the Mo Chit Station. A great place to shop.

Sticky rice

Somtam Thai

Somtam Pu (crab)

Kai Yang grilled chicken

Larb moo

Tomyam gung in a porcelain pod

Close up of tomyam in a bowl

Pla du fried rice

I have to say this is a good restaurant, my first time.