• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ya right, like those smaller ones too eat them whole. It's the season now 25 baht per kilo. Do you occasionally get them in NZ?

I have never come across mangosteens in NZ. However, my favorite Thai Monthong Durians are now available. They are nitrogen packed and frozen before shipment.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have never come across mangosteens in NZ. However, my favorite Thai Monthong Durians are now available. They are nitrogen packed and frozen before shipment.

May I know how frozen durians taste after you defreeze it? Same same?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Doctor told me alcohol is bad for health and promotes gout which I have this problem. Alcohol except whiskey. I have very low tolerance with whiskey as I get migraine almost immediately after having whiskey I guess I need to get use to it so I'm starting with this Japanese whiskey, so far so good.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Doctor told me alcohol is bad for health and promotes gout which I have this problem. Alcohol except whiskey. I have very low tolerance with whiskey as I get migraine almost immediately after having whiskey I guess I need to get use to it so I'm starting with this Japanese whiskey, so far so good.

Can try Glenfiddich - Scottish Single Malt. I have them on the rare occasion.

I've tried Yamazaki Whiskey, that gave me a bad headache.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its the maid's birthday, requested for Thai food so this is the Thai dinner

It's good you treat the maid like your family member. Most sinkies living in sinkieland treat their maids like slaves. Almost like animals. I wonder if it's the environment in sinkland that causes sinkies to treat their maids like slaves.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no hokkien no need to peep been out with her before

With TV program like this it makes Thailand no different from Myanmar, same same that's how it's said here. Hey apology these days travel so much almost every week, you still around?

Unfortunately no. Left last week. Next time OK - I travel a lot too so I totally understand.

On my way home, I noticed plane was showing a Singapore movie "Already Famous" starring Michelle Chong. Very rare to see a Singapore movie - too bad I did not watch.

photo_zps1de2dd68.jpg

joetys said:
Alcohol except whiskey. I have very low tolerance with whiskey as I get migraine almost immediately after having whiskey I guess I need to get use to it so I'm starting with this Japanese whiskey, so far so good.

Hibiki 17 sells for around 8000yen in Japan. Suntory also makes the Hibiki 12 and 21. Nikka also makes whisky

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
May I know how frozen durians taste after you defreeze it? Same same?

After not having tasted durian for years, I found the end result to be excellent. However, I'm sure a side by side comparison would reveal that nothing beats FRESH MEAT. :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Can try Glenfiddich - Scottish Single Malt. I have them on the rare occasion.

I've tried Yamazaki Whiskey, that gave me a bad headache.

I asked our friend yinyang he recommended this brand so I bought this sucker at the airport last week, not open yet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's good you treat the maid like your family member. Most sinkies living in sinkieland treat their maids like slaves. Almost like animals. I wonder if it's the environment in sinkland that causes sinkies to treat their maids like slaves.

Last time in Singapore I treat my two Indonesian maids the same as I treat my Thai maids.

Unfortunately no. Left last week. Next time OK - I travel a lot too so I totally understand.

Hibiki 17 sells for around 8000yen in Japan. Suntory also makes the Hibiki 12 and 21. Nikka also makes whisky

Alright man, cheers and hope to see you again next round here. About the Japanese drinks, I've recently fallen in love with this Suntory XO, surprised they made pretty good XO and hell it cost less than S$40 in the airport for this bottle

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After not having tasted durian for years, I found the end result to be excellent. However, I'm sure a side by side comparison would reveal that nothing beats FRESH MEAT. :wink:

I am not a fan of Monthong because the meat is rough and those "best" ones here are best to Thais cos they like it raw and unripe so its not sweet, not fragrant, not soft. Thais like the crispiness of unripe durians. Its a matter of culture nothing to do with we are smarter eating ripe durians. But the south people are more like us and Malaysians more used to eating ripe durians.

This morning at the market was surprised to see "Malaysian type" of durians they call this species "long-larb-lae" durian from the south. It was pretty expensive for Thai standard 270 baht per kilo. They are rare so I guess I was lucky. I bought three, they are all small, 1kg, 700g and 800g. Will eat later.

[video=youtube;CfRgStj6Xp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRgStj6Xp0[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok for this soon-kway fans here is the Thai version. Big fat rounded like a ball filled with bang-kwang with some hay-bee and minced pork, 35 baht ($1.35) for two

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't know what to say, eat till cannot talk, super creamy not too sweet just nice.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know what to say, eat till cannot talk, super creamy not too sweet just nice.

Joe, I'll be spending a few days in Kempeski Siam in the next fortnight.

Please give me a lead to few top Thai and Japanese or Teochew restaurants.

Also for a good massage and screw with a fair and attractive Thai lady, could I get it at the Poseidon?

Thank you in advance.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Come pick up at Oasis Spa. Have 30mins to kill waiting for her to finish. Hell I should have joined her just look at a place like this now I regretted going to the other "spa". Just look at this place

this is in Sukhumvit Soi 51 they have another branch in Soi 31

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner at Japanese Village in Thonglor Soi 13. Yamagata Ramen Restaurant.

The shop front

Sake

Cold tofu garnished with garlic and cucumber

Crispy gyoza

Cold ramen - popular at this time of summer in Japan

Curry tonkatsu

Last edited: