• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah over steam abit hard to control...ten minutes for the fish plus three minutes for the veg...total 13 minutes..like that over steam? this fish about 450g..

Oh Teochew steam, yeah the restaurant steam fish taste better...ok I try out dry plums next time...
Almost half kilo, umm. 10 mins is ok. Are you using a traditional wok with cover to steam the fish or electric steamer?

There's any version I like is Soy Sauce Steam. This one is more to the sweet side as compare to Teochew Steam. For Soy Sauce steam, think Soon Hock or Garoupa is more suitable.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cheers mate, enjoy Jakarta. Hear Fortune Hotel (opposite Meridien Hotel) got good KTV and creatures of nights +555

Aiyo pii yy, no time la. Just only free to come into SBF. Afternoon driving around looking for a place to setup. Evening interview people. Tomorrow also full day till night. Visit is being cut short a day so returning on Wednesday so got to rush things. Think gonna have to be back in 2 weeks time.

Just curious, how much does average house cost in Changmai? foreigner can buy landed? thanks

Foreigners can only by condo but in each project quota for each project must be foreigners owned units less than local owned units. Landed is a no no. I am using company to buy also explains why one day I want to change passport. Just checked some projects in Chiangmai via internet seem prices are only slightly less than in Bangkok. Example a two storey house about 180-200 sqm sitting on a 70 sqwa (280 sqm) land with 3 bedrooms 3 bath/toilet and parking for 2 cars costs about 5mil. House is in cluster housing meaning has own compound with security and club. Average Bangkok would have been about 6mil. (internal tilings on floor and walls and wallpaper and maybe kitchen is done up).

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm coming back on Thursday almost midnight. On Friday my partners and I and families will be leaving for Rayong till Monday. Nevertheless do give me a call when you're back to Bangkok.

Mai pen rai next time then - sounds like you busy. I will be in Bangkok this Friday night to Tues night. You already know where I'm staying near Inthamara but I'll be moving to hotel next to river for few days - probably a bit too far from your place.

Have fun in Rayong.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost half kilo, umm. 10 mins is ok. Are you using a traditional wok with cover to steam the fish or electric steamer?

There's any version I like is Soy Sauce Steam. This one is more to the sweet side as compare to Teochew Steam. For Soy Sauce steam, think Soon Hock or Garoupa is more suitable.

Hehe i put the veg on top of the fish to steam, so is 10 mins + 3 mins = 13 mins steaming for the fish...yeah use a wok with steaming tray for the steaming, the electric steamer is all plastic no good..any difference?

Soy sauce steam is cantonese style steaming? I watched the cooking show they said to achieve the restaurant standard steamed fish must separately fry some oil plus sauces to pour over the fish after steaming done...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo pii yy, no time la. Just only free to come into SBF. Afternoon driving around looking for a place to setup. Evening interview people. Tomorrow also full day till night. Visit is being cut short a day so returning on Wednesday so got to rush things. Think gonna have to be back in 2 weeks time.

Foreigners can only by condo but in each project quota for each project must be foreigners owned units less than local owned units. Landed is a no no. I am using company to buy also explains why one day I want to change passport. Just checked some projects in Chiangmai via internet seem prices are only slightly less than in Bangkok. Example a two storey house about 180-200 sqm sitting on a 70 sqwa (280 sqm) land with 3 bedrooms 3 bath/toilet and parking for 2 cars costs about 5mil. House is in cluster housing meaning has own compound with security and club. Average Bangkok would have been about 6mil. (internal tilings on floor and walls and wallpaper and maybe kitchen is done up).

Oic good that they have all these laws to protect the locals, not like SG the whole condo become India Indian enclave...the price sounds reasonable, that day i watched the CNA programme "property hunter" segment on Bangkok, they featured some high end condos costing more than a million SGD..recall one of them is a 66 storey condo - The Met...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mai pen rai next time then - sounds like you busy. I will be in Bangkok this Friday night to Tues night. You already know where I'm staying near Inthamara but I'll be moving to hotel next to river for few days - probably a bit too far from your place.

Have fun in Rayong.

You take care and have fun to buddy.

Oic good that they have all these laws to protect the locals, not like SG the whole condo become India Indian enclave...the price sounds reasonable, that day i watched the CNA programme "property hunter" segment on Bangkok, they featured some high end condos costing more than a million SGD..recall one of them is a 66 storey condo - The Met...

Actually with all these protection in place the prices don't actually move very much over the years so much more stable and if one wants to make a quick and big buck from property in Thailand he will be disappointed. High end stuff not just condo can also be Singapore prices, many super rich here comparable to Indonesians.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You take care and have fun to buddy.

Actually with all these protection in place the prices don't actually move very much over the years so much more stable and if one wants to make a quick and big buck from property in Thailand he will be disappointed. High end stuff not just condo can also be Singapore prices, many super rich here comparable to Indonesians.
Hehehe. Today got eat Nasi Padang Boh?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehe i put the veg on top of the fish to steam, so is 10 mins + 3 mins = 13 mins steaming for the fish...yeah use a wok with steaming tray for the steaming, the electric steamer is all plastic no good..any difference?

Soy sauce steam is cantonese style steaming? I watched the cooking show they said to achieve the restaurant standard steamed fish must separately fry some oil plus sauces to pour over the fish after steaming done...
Yes, the soya sauce is pan fried separately.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, here's the answer for last night's question, How much does these cost.

9f6c7311.jpg

Answer is THB 234. In fact, you can even reduce the price to about THB 210 is you buy these items at supermarket.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, Pai Seh, everytime I forgot. When in Jakarta, please consider Dharma Wangsa. I gurantee you'll like it.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, Answer is THB 234. In fact, you can even reduce the price to about THB 210 is you buy these items at supermarket.
Minus cancer sticks (thb70), cheaper thb150. Minus more mabok 3 changs, lagi cheaper. But then, life where got fun? Cost of living sure beats sinkie land

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, here's the answer for last night's question, How much does these cost.

9f6c7311.jpg

Answer is THB 234. In fact, you can even reduce the price to about THB 210 is you buy these items at supermarket.

The 3 bottles of beer + pack of smokes already probably around 180B-190B

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Today got eat Nasi Padang Boh?

Yesterday arrived noon. Rached hotels straight away went to eat from a stall in the shopping mall of the hotel in Mangsa Dua, costs only 25,000 rupiah that's about $3.

I mean Dharma Wangsa Hotel.

Bro today another tough day driving around to look for a place to operate. Went to industrial park etc still no luck. Everything will be approve on 6 weeks time and I still got nothing. Damn sad so should be coming again in 2 weeks.

What's Dharma Wangsa?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday arrived noon. Rached hotels straight away went to eat from a stall in the shopping mall of the hotel in Mangsa Dua, costs only 25,000 rupiah that's about $3.

Bro today another tough day driving around to look for a place to operate. Went to industrial park etc still no luck. Everything will be approve on 6 weeks time and I still got nothing. Damn sad so should be coming again in 2 weeks.

What's Dharma Wangsa?
Hotel Lah.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hotel Lah.

Pii Chon just checked Dharmawangsa I just checked. Afraid its beyond a reasonable budget, best offer is more than 10k baht, hmmmmm no way la. I always try not to spend more than 3500 baht max 4000 baht.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii Chon just checked Dharmawangsa I just checked. Afraid its beyond a reasonable budget, best offer is more than 10k baht, hmmmmm no way la. I always try not to spend more than 3500 baht max 4000 baht.
OK, Will discuss another time why this hotel is worth every rupiah. :smile: