• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Within 3 mins I saw this guys picked up 4 quarters from the beach with his gear. I was impressed cos he would have picked up more than $10 per hour.
721d6433.jpg

Then I saw another in the water as well, but not seen this guy pick up anything, maybe he is in for the big one.
a30a55ec.jpg

The sea is really very blue, beautiful

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;-VbqUbNxOu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VbqUbNxOu0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Short video of Waikiki

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just came back from the beach. Its very very nice today. Sun is hot but wind very cooling.

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

IMG_6020.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. After 2 day of resting, today feels much better. Guess what? Today ride my bike again to go jalan jalan. :p

The wounds are still healing and will take another 2-3 days to completely dry up. Still have problems wearing shoes even the shoe is well-cushioned.
The first few shower was no fun especially when the water comes in contact with the wound. Even worst is when applying Qing Cao You but it really heals faster than dettol. Another few 50 cents scars to my existing collection of scars on both legs collected since I first learn to ride bicycle.:biggrin:

One good thing about LOS is that even total strangers will not hesitate to render assistance to anyone injured in accidents. And luckily, I was also wearing long pants otherwise the damages will be loss of more skin on my right leg.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
........Another few 50 cents scars to my existing collection of scars on both legs collected since I first learn to ride bicycle.:biggrin:\

Knives scars more solid la pii. Hey you take good care, hope to be able to drink with you this month. Goodnight I go sleep now its 1.20am now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow! Scenery is sooo good. Your iphone must have run out of battery before end of the day.:smile:

I brought with me 2 external battery packs in case I outside iPhone flat I still can charge on the go. Also has 2 car chargers.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knives scars more solid la pii. Hey you take good care, hope to be able to drink with you this month. Goodnight I go sleep now its 1.20am now.
Hehehe. Knife scars also have but surgical ones. :smile: Not the parangs. Have a good rest!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think beaches in Thailand are nice but there are nicer beaches e.g. East Malaysia and Philippines. Even Hawaii esp Big Island is more sabai because of the weather - little humidity with the warm tradewinds. Thailand is just too bloody hot.

Puying in Hawaii is a little better too - all the races mixed here and there. Problem is, Hawaii is crazy expensive. Let's see if P'Joe agrees with my puying-o-meter assessment.
Hehehe. Not the ones in Sin City. I confirm and double reconfirm.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii Chon, lucky your family jewels intact with motorsai accident.:p

Got in Bangers last evening. Had a late night wining and dining a OL contact at Wasabi in Explanade. Took MRT and BTS to On Nut for night cap at local night market's alfresco beer spot with Chang tower (for a steal at thb380) with live band. Then chased another at Nana, bar hopped 3 bars to 0200 closing. Lost count of beers, with fuzzy logic for work today kns:o Dunno how I bulshitted my power point.

Got obligatory office makan tonight at Aussie eatery in Suk called No Idea (after many patrons shrugged shoulders same where to go). Will see if I'm sober to take pics.
Hehehehe. Don't worry. I did the same when I was in the corporate world. As long as the projector/notebook is working, will know how to bullshit my powerpoint slides cos' had used them so many times. Without the slides, I will be lost.

Hope you have a good time in NS!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think I will drive and ride carefully and not exceed speed limit unnecessarily. Was unable to brake my bike on time even I saw the other bike was coming and that's because I was going quite fast. Another thing, now is no longer 20 something or 30 something, a few scratches and bruises can take quite awhile to recover.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everybody. Its 10am now in Hawaii.

Today's the friend's wedding and this is the very reason for our US trip and the trip to Hawaii.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like you're having fun. germaine's luau. what a coincidence! same luau when i was in honolulu (honu for short). wish the wedding couple the bery best! great time for a wedding, and a fun place to be in.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
looks like you're having fun. germaine's luau. what a coincidence! same luau when i was in honolulu (honu for short). wish the wedding couple the bery best! great time for a wedding, and a fun place to be in.

Cool. Wedding is over and now on top of hotel for some drinks.

afb90a5c.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry uncle is mountain tortoise. What's luau?

I guess Ram is correct. But in addition to this I guess its more like a polynesian beach party which include a BBQ pig (whole pig) inside the beach sand. Here's some pics.

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

Last edited:

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever you do in Hawaii, these places are not worth the money.
1. A tour of Big Island - long drive and several stops at tourists shops so tour guide get commission on your purchases. Very boring except perhaps the stop near a dead volcano.

2. Submarine dive -a trip in a sub but nothing much to see as very few fishes at a spot where they have an artificial reef.

3. The tour of the American War Memorial at Pearl Harbour. Boring plus what's the point in seeing warships or a cemetery?