• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Nation that despises their own parents

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
A group of residents in Toh Yi estate, who had petitioned against a chosen site for a block of studio apartments for the elderly, have come up with an alternative location.

But their proposal has irked some 50 residents living near the newly suggested site, who have started another petition to move the apartments elsewhere.

They said the new location, which is near the main road, is too noisy for the elderly. They were also upset that by coming up with an alternative site, the first group of residents 'have made it someone else's problem'.

The proposals and petitions come even as the Housing Board (HDB) prepares to launch a Build-to-Order (BTO) exercise for the 130 units of studio apartments later this month.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Those who blame the govt for all of Singapore's problems should take a hard look at themselves. :rolleyes:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think the right site will be JB. Residents there will surely welcome this project. All hail to KBW!

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP let sinkees use cpf to buy MY property, a huge number of peesairians will sell their pigeonhole for a resort style bungalow in JB. Talk is cheap. PAP should walk the walk.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i am just wondering why no idiots from the same area did not recommend the respective elders to heaven.
2. it is all about greed & materialistic wealth.
3. they believe they will never grow old or what.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too near to the road also complaint. Too far also complaint. There are so my place and unit, the buyer can choose not to buy in that site.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But their proposal has irked some 50 residents living near the newly suggested site, who have started another petition to move the apartments elsewhere.

They said the new location, which is near the main road, is too noisy for the elderly. They were also upset that by coming up with an alternative site, the first group of residents 'have made it someone else's problem'.

sinkie behavior in action... what do you expect?..

an example of 3rd world behaving sinkie losers..

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They forget that the home is actually built for them. They will need it in the near future about 20-30 years time.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
A group of residents in Toh Yi estate, who had petitioned against a chosen site for a block of studio apartments for the elderly, have come up with an alternative location.

The proposals and petitions come even as the Housing Board (HDB) prepares to launch a Build-to-Order (BTO) exercise for the 130 units of studio apartments later this month.

That is why I'd always say that most of today's breed of Sinkies are ungrateful, uncaring, selfish, snobbish and self-centered. Who had inculcated all these? They had learned 50% of these from the PAPies of course. The other 50% is contributed by their greed and materialism.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elderly who ceased to be productive unlike our dear ex MM should be culled to prevent them from being a burden and drag down our GDP thus affecting the ministers' year end bonus.

Their corpses should be used to reclaim more land

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the right site will be JB. Residents there will surely welcome this project. All hail to KBW!

I have no love for the PAP or Mad Khaw,, however I dont see what is wrong to settle in JB if the cost is really lower and that the Govt do not get any financial benefit from its operations (like NTUC Home in JB etc) I plan to retire overseas tooo and will not stay in Singapore due to the cost,,but some old people were pissed off about the JB thing,,keep saying PAP want old people to die in JB,,it was really fear mongering...but also to solve old age problem..the PAP must bring in legalise Euthanasia...too many people in the world, and I would rather die with dignity than die as an invalid.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no love for the PAP or Mad Khaw,, however I dont see what is wrong to settle in JB if the cost is really lower and that the Govt do not get any financial benefit from its operations (like NTUC Home in JB etc) I plan to retire overseas tooo and will not stay in Singapore due to the cost,,but some old people were pissed off about the JB thing,,keep saying PAP want old people to die in JB,,it was really fear mongering...but also to solve old age problem..the PAP must bring in legalise Euthanasia...too many people in the world, and I would rather die with dignity than die as an invalid.

From what you say, PAP is very successful with their policy for the elderly.
Push the responsibility to other countries, and you die your own business.
Congratulation to PAP.
Only with the multi million dollars brains can come out with something like that.
I bet no one in opposition camp can think of this.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what you say, PAP is very successful with their policy for the elderly.
Push the responsibility to other countries, and you die your own business.
Congratulation to PAP.
Only with the multi million dollars brains can come out with something like that.
I bet no one in opposition camp can think of this.

Its not push the responsibility to other countries,,,its just setting up a home there,,as I said, for me I plan to retire overseas where cost of living is much lower. but that is just me.

Now PAP wants to build studio apartments for the elderly in a HDB estate. I have no issue with that..but its the people in that estate that KPKB about it being built in their back yard. So whois giving problems? ok for Foreign worker dormitory build in my back yard I dont want..as it makes the place unsafe,,3rd world country people got 3rd world attitudes which i dont like. But I have no issues with elderly studio apartments. Old people sleep early wake up early, wont cause noise problems etc...I wont have noisy neighbours..so what is the problem? I dont understand why the residents are making such a big fuss about it. If they build it in my estate I dont have a problem..just that the area they built it in must be accessible to old people, not with flight of stairs and up the hill etc.

maybe it should be built next to hospitals....

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who would not want to retire in their own country comfortably if possible?
With the next generation mindset and attitude (well groom by PAP since young), and quality of FT in Singapore (carefully pick by PAP), I'm not going to be in Singapore for long (if possible).
Can't blame PAP though, must blame Leongsam.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
those who blame the govt for all of singapore's problems should take a hard look at themselves. :rolleyes:

the pap is the best that spore can come up with.

Lky was right!

I'll be voting pap in 2016!
Sporeans have shown they cant self govern and needs decisions forced upon them

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who blame the govt for all of Singapore's problems should take a hard look at themselves. :rolleyes:
ya, man! ...

gahmen says muz haf babies ... gahmen say nid 2 impot young ft ...

if u r young, gahmen wants u! ... gahmen values u! ... gahmen treasures u! ...