• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A letter to Singapore from Adam Swandi

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/letter-singapore-adam-swandi-174500161--spt.html

"Dear Singapore,

I am both happy and proud to be a product of Singapore’s youth development system and I sincerely urge my fellow players to remain committed and disciplined and strive for success.

With our holistic youth development system and comprehensive programmes, coupled with the Football Development Fund, it is definitely possible for us to play in Europe one day.

I sincerely hope that more companies will come and support local football through the Football Development Fund. There are many talented players in Singapore but we can only aspire to reach the top level of football if we have the support of our multi-national companies and corporations.

I really appreciate this invaluable opportunity and as an Ambassador for Singapore football, I assure the Football Association of Singapore (FAS), my parents and fans that I will work hard and do my best at FC Metz.

I will miss my family, friends and loved ones but Singapore will always be in my heart and I hope to bring pride to the nation.

I would like to take this opportunity to express, once again, my sincere thanks and gratitude to FAS, especially President Zainudin Nordin and General Secretary Winston Lee, for their efforts not just in securing this opportunity for me, but also in supporting my two-year journey through the Football Development Fund.

I am also thankful to the Singapore Sports School, my family and relatives, coaches, team-mates, fans, media and well-wishers for their support all this while.

I appreciate their words of encouragement as I embark on a new journey in France, and I hope that they will continue to support local football, including the S.League and other competitions organised for our age-group teams.

Goodbye, until we meet again. Au Revoir!"

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a sinkee.

Imagine when we have 3.9 million foreigners versus 3 million sinkees, how much opportunities that sinkees used to enjoy will be taken away by the entitled foreigners.

Thank you for supporting our just cause to close the doors to foreigners!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a good talented young player...

But too bad, in a few years time, his fledgling football career will comes to a screeching halt thanks to NS..

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is a good talented young player...

But too bad, in a few years time, his fledgling football career will comes to a screeching halt thanks to NS..

no choice bro.we need ns to deter malaysia n indonesia.if not everyday we kana attack by them...

Alfrescian
Loyal

no choice bro.we need ns to deter malaysia n indonesia.if not everyday we kana attack by them...

agree we need NS but I think we can survive with the occasional exemption for one or two exceptional sportsmen.

Suggestion to Mindef - Grant sportsmen who get professional playing contracts exemption from NS as long as they continue to play professionally or up to say age 35, thereafter to return to SG to serve as a regular for 5 years in-lieu of NSF and NS cycle.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope he wakes up and dont come back to do ns.

Just stay in europe and do well, all the best for this boy :smile:

since the army discriminates against m&ds no point for him to come back.

windows8

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he does well enough in Europe to be offered a professional contract to go on to play in the big league, no club would sign him and wait for 2 years for his NS to finish, therefore, I hope Mindef would exercise some common sense and consider on a case by case basis to waive or defer his NS to be fair since rich kids who go overseas to study can also defer.