• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

9th maid killed by sinkie employer this year!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
AsiaOne
Friday, May 18, 2012
A maid fell to her death on Thursday at Serangoon North.

She was reportedly cleaning the windows of a high-rise flat, reported The Straits Times.

The 34-year-old Indonesian maid named Karini was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital where she died.

This is the ninth case reported since the start of this year.

Most cases involve maids who were hanging out laundry or cleaning windows in flats or condominium units.

The case has been classified as unnatural death, and the police are investigating.

Earlier this month, an employer was fined for failing to ensure the safety of her maid.

Madam Gan Hui Leung, 46, was the first to be convicted this year for failing to ensure the safety of her foreign domestic worker who fell from height in Nov 2011 and subsequently died from her injuries.

Gan was fined a maximum of $5,000.

Employers who are convicted will be permanently barred from employing maids in the future.

Employers who want to familiarise themselves with the safety dos and don'ts should refer to safety tips at MOM's website at http://www.mom.gov.sg/statistics-publications/others/publications, or e-mail [email protected] if they have queries on foreign domestic worker safety issues.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chey. Just an indo maid. I thought what sia. Sinkies being apathetic to the well-being of others - who would have thought? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Is there any correlation between new shitzens and maids death:confused::(

Don't think so.
This is on sinkie emplyers imo. Some of them are simply apathetic or perhaps what
little power they have go to their heads.
Not enough training and advice from the agencies could also be an issue.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
New shitizen are also classified as sinkie emplyers, no:confused: Last time got as many maid fall to their death or not:confused:

This has to be studied to tweak the integration programs paid by sinkie taxpayers, if necessary.:(

Don't think so.
This is on sinkie emplyers imo. Some of them are simply apathetic or perhaps what
little power they have go to their heads.
Not enough training and advice from the agencies could also be an issue.

jw5

Loyal
New shitizen are also classified as sinkie emplyers, no:confused: Last time got as many maid fall to their death or not:confused:

This has to be studied to tweak the integration programs paid by sinkie taxpayers, if necessary.:(

I meant sinkie born and bred employers, not necessarily new shitizens.
Not sure why now more than last time.
Could be because it's more readily reportable in new media and then MSM these days.
Could also be because life has become more stressful and frustrating, ala suicide cases.
Another reason could be more maids in circulation, less well trained, more naive.

Any integration programs have to start with mandatory homestay programs with ministars and mos.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP Karini :(

Why do Indon maids keeping falling from high-rise flats - in spite of all the publicity and safety measures taken by the employers and authorities?

Is there any thing wrong with HDB window or kitchen design?

One rarely hears of PRC Mei Mei or India's Ah Neh falling out of windows - though some also come from villages back in China or India!

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do Indon maids keeping falling from high-rise flats - in spite of all the publicity and safety measures taken by the employers and authorities?

One rarely hears of PRC Mei Mei or India's Ah Neh falling out of windows - though some also come from villages back in China or India!

That's because most PRC mei mei and Ah Neh don't clean the house that often. They don't even take care of their personal hygiene. "Chao Ah Neh". For PRC mei mei, usually samsters will ask "below got smell or not". :biggrin:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The police should charge the employer for murder unless he can prove otherwise. It should be similiar to the drug trafficking where a person is assumed to be trafficking if he has more than 15 gm of heroin.

Last edited:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is this sinkie obsession about cleaning windows? i haven't cleaned my house windows since day 1.

why? because it rains every 2-3 days and i let mother nature do the job for me.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is this sinkie obsession about cleaning windows? i haven't cleaned my house windows since day 1.

why? because it rains every 2-3 days and i let mother nature do the job for me.

Singapore is the most advanced, clean and secure prison in the world.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe the maid started cleaning at 4 something am. If true, the employer is iikely to be a bastard.

One can generalise about the driving abilities of Chinamen just as one can generalise about the apathy of Singaporeans. Singaporeans simply bo chup. A sick bunch of human beings.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blame It On Its Bad Design

No, bad HDB flat design is the main culprit.

Jujube

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Blame It On Its Bad Design

1. Sue HDB for hazardous window design.
2. Imposed SG law that high rise premises should use safety harness when cleaning exterior windows.