• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 9 sources of assistance a retrenched PME can go to

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: Singapore Business Review by Adrian Tan

Singapore is tiptoeing on the brink of a technical recession. Outlook is depressing for all and it is expected to show up in more retrenchment across industries.

Redundancy stats by Ministry of Manpower is already showing record-high redundancy numbers (per 1,000 paid workers) over Q1 of 2016 compared to the past five years.

workers090416.jpg

The only time it was significantly higher was in 2009 in which the global financial crisis brought the number of redundancy up to 12,760 over the same period.

The tripartite partners (NTUC, MOM, SNEF) are trying their best to make sure employers retrench responsibly but a breakup is a breakup no matter how nicely it was put across.

What's important is how you can quickly pick up the broken pieces of your heart and move on with life.

It isn't going to be easy but fortunately we are in Singapore. Here are nine different organisations you would want to approach when the unfortunate axe falls upon you:

Read the full article here: http://bit.Iy/299oBhI

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its like telling people in a sinking ship not to worry as there are enough lifeboats. Why not fix the fucking ship called SS Singapore. Pointless telling us Ahmad NTUC is an expert in Lifeboat lowering, Tan Ah MOM is good at marshalling people to the lifeboat stations and Maniam SNEF is a trained rescue expert.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its like telling people in a sinking ship not to worry as there are enough lifeboats. Why not fix the fucking ship called SS Singapore. Pointless telling us Ahmad NTUC is an expert in Lifeboat lowering, Tan Ah MOM is good at marshalling people to the lifeboat stations and Maniam SNEF is a trained rescue expert.

It is like, getting one to arrange for the logistics (NTUC), the other, the wake (MOM) & your funeral (SNEF).....I can still hear the echo in my brain, NTUC shouting, "you don't be productive, you don't ask for more salary, you don't...." or your company will move out of Sinkingtothecore....you go see MOM ( then ministry of Labour), I can still hear the echo of " you are above the certain level, you are..." we can't help you....& SNEF...." we only help the employer"..

Now these three, are going to be your funeral directors....wake up! PMET voters...you get what you voted for...:p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its the PAP theme song played when the ship is sinking with all Sinkies aboard.

The three are standing at the bow of the ship...singing & helping the 'sinking workers' to the faulty lifeboats they have commissioned for them & these workers do not know...they are SENDING THEM OFF...

The rest of the cowards so called "helper, volunteers"...etc...are hiding at the stern & the cargo hold...

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could not have put it better myself........

What's with all this initiative, fixed the Singapore Inc per se.....
Reduce or reverse the importation of FTs.....
Create job opportunities........by reducing cost, rentals, utilities, etc....not by suppression of local wages by importing FTs.......it's a stale formula that does not work anymore.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is like, getting one to arrange for the logistics (NTUC), the other, the wake (MOM) & your funeral (SNEF).....I can still hear the echo in my brain, NTUC shouting, "you don't be productive, you don't ask for more salary, you don't...." or your company will move out of Sinkingtothecore....you go see MOM ( then ministry of Labour), I can still hear the echo of " you are above the certain level, you are..." we can't help you....& SNEF...." we only help the employer"..

Now these three, are going to be your funeral directors....wake up! PMET voters...you get what you voted for...:p

NTUC, MOM, SNEF & Govt. Anyone can tell me who is representing the employee? I don't see any of those here. Besides, who created the monster called "to retrench responsibly"?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
funny to see singapore in a "technical recession"when the rest of the world is still humming along relatively fine and not in crisis mode yet,unlike the 2009 crash where u can feel a doom and gloom everyday but u couldnt do anything and it wasnt particularly Singapore's fault.now u could see singapore's economy is genuinely dieing before your eyes,like the sickly stench of a dieing old man.singapore is dieing from within and its no one's elses fault.we might be becoming like Japan,entering a lost decade,but not exactly like Japan since we did not experience a massive bubble and crash in our real estate prices and stock market,rather we did experience a real estate bubble and economic bubble but now its deflating slowly like a balloon.it is inevitable that singapore is going thru a deflationary cycle since we have been in a expansionary cycle for the last ten years.the economy has to reset itself and we must let it recover on its own instead of pumping in more liquidity and increasing more construction projects trying to keep a dead corpse alive otherwise we might end up in a void like japan.the only question is how bad will this deflationary cycle be,our growth for the last ten years was no ordinary growth,singapore is now a fat overweight fatass of a hambeast,unagile and unproductive full of toxins and lard and grease.singapore is now like a 3rd world country,excess of human bodies and insufficient meaningful jobs to go around.we have enjoyed a explosion of growth from 2003 to 2013,anyone who has been saving and investing diligently should have no problem with the upcoming recession,in fact it makes me curious how could such a small country with such massive national reserves be afraid of any recession?im a poor man most of my life,if i had 250k reserves in my portfolio of stocks,bonds,real estate,gold and oil.i will sleep well in any situation any recession or crisis.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if one look at what PAP having no accountability all negative results, when anything positive happens be it be pure fluke luck, PAP govt will claim credit for it. If negative news, is always market forces and beyond their control, hence 'technical' recession.

Anything new here?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes . Also LHL will hold u from behind and say....you jump I jump :biggrin:

I tink tis the end for Sinkies but not SG and the Familee with their Cronies. B4 we jump can we feel our CPF, hope Loong can hve some compassion in allowing us one last fling in Batam.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Frienchbriefs

Japan is a much larger country with 100 mil people, having many truly international brands and intellectual property, have deep core cultural values. It can in a way have a extended lost decade.

Singapore will go down way more faster due to our size lack of true IP and economy dominated by parasitic GLCs. The MNC offices here are mainly set up for tax loopholes and the rich are to launder money witth no interest of settling down. They prefer Canada, USA and Australia. obvious signs that many world governments are closing on these loop holes and the eventual end of money printing will spell doom for this type of business.

Anywwy those in power seriously do not give a shit as they are ready to exit for angmoland once shit hits the fan.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To Frienchbriefs

Japan is a much larger country with 100 mil people, having many truly international brands and intellectual property, have deep core cultural values. It can in a way have a extended lost decade.

Singapore will go down way more faster due to our size lack of true IP and economy dominated by parasitic GLCs. The MNC offices here are mainly set up for tax loopholes and the rich are to launder money witth no interest of settling down. They prefer Canada, USA and Australia. obvious signs that many world governments are closing on these loop holes and the eventual end of money printing will spell doom for this type of business.

Anywwy those in power seriously do not give a shit as they are ready to exit for angmoland once shit hits the fan.

yes but japan exist in a state of limbo,a state between the living and the dead,do u want to live like that?its like a ghost movie,u are characters from the otherside, ghostly manifestations,doomed to wander the hallowed grounds of ur final resting place,doomed to repeat the final weeks,days of ur life in perpetuity,always looking always seeking the reason why u died,buried deep within the deep dark history of the town is a terrible tragedy that conceals the origins and the secrets of the terrible past,of terrible pain and injustice and unspeakable horrors of torture,witchburning and child sacrifice.then one day a huge fire engulfs the town and swallowed its inhabitants.till today a grey ash that falls from the sky incessantly,and the mist!!!the never ending mist like silent hill!!!!the further u try to run away from the town,the thicker the mist gets,until its completely opaque and u can barely see!!!!and ur forced to turn back.the mist is the barrier that seperates the living from the dead world,from one dimension from another.this is what being in Japan hell is like,if u are one of the unfortunate inhabitants.

[video=youtube;e8QTDnqWAEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QTDnqWAEk[/video]

Last edited: