• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

9 out of 10 satisfied with public transport in Sinkapore

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me i would say that the public transport system is generally good but can be better.

Generally good because for the MRT, the timings are regular and you can roughly gauge when you will reach the destination; buses are generally frequent; taxis are generally available after a few minutes wait.

Can be better essentially due to the overcrowding of MRT trains, especially in the mornings and evenings when it is shoulder to shoulder.

What is of concern is that if the number of residents were to be increased to 6.5 million, then the public transport system definitely will not be able to cope. At present it is shoulder to shoulder and the time interval between trains is only a few minutes. Moreover some lines are driverless.

There is a basis to say that the Government has not thought through the issues and implications of having more residents. If the Government agrees on this point, then they really should consider the implication on the public transport and improve on the infrastructure before they proceed with the next phase of welcoming more new citizens.

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a bloody joke! Took me 3 trains before I finally managed to squeeze into it today during peak hours. They are just paying lip service. Did SMRT comissioned the survey btw?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
can ask those fucker try go jurong east mrt during peak hr and take a look? fucking waited there for 20 mins to leave the station today.

reason - train break down. the infrastructure cannot support the current population. want to boast it up to 6.5million

knn

in just 5 years, living standard and quality of sg has dropped so drastically

WELL DONE