• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

85 Bedok North Fried Oyster

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simon Rd version is crispy and very oily type.
Will still try the Jln Berseh stall, just to try the consistency of the tapioca starch.

Sheepie,

This one good buts sexpensive @$13.

Ah Orh Seafood Restaurant
115 Jalan Bukit Merah, #01-1627, Singapore 160115
Tel: +65 6275 7575
Opening Hours: 11am – 2pm, 5:30pm – 10pm

Indulge in traditional Teochew dishes and one of the best oyster omelettes in town.

This is a famous zi char restaurant at the older estate of Jalan Bukit Merah that serves authentic Teochew dishes.

The restaurant is claimed to be one of the best places to get oyster omelettes in Singapore by many loyal customers.

The secret lies in their preparation of the dish. The Oyster Omelette ($13) has very rich flavour of oysters that are pre-boiled, cooked and fried with gravy containing oyster sauce.

It was not starchy at all, giving you all the eggs, eggs, eggs and scrumptious oysters. Just look at those.

oysteromelette6.jpg

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the famous old airport orh luak,
at the hawker centre, the long Q one is opposite the lao fu zi fried kway teow, beside the 五香 stall, the old man just fried and fried without taking your orders until he is done frying and ready to serve.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too “wet” and not crispy enough for my likings...

Sheepie,

I tried a couple of months ago.
Me , Nephew and Mum saids very nice,
but not sure if to your liking.

Note.:: They dont use starch.

Located within Chinatown Food Street lies Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters.
The version of oyster omelette served at their store is more like an oyster egg ($8).

Instead of the usual oyster omelette that is stir-fried with starch,
the one at Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters does without it!
The Oyster Omelette is crispier, juicier and more flavorful.

Therefore, Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters is a must-try!

Address: Chinatown Food Street, 335 Smith Street, Singapore 050335

katong.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sheepie,

I tried a couple of months ago.
Me , Nephew and Mum saids very nice,
but not sure if to your liking.

Note.:: They dont use starch.

Located within Chinatown Food Street lies Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters.
The version of oyster omelette served at their store is more like an oyster egg ($8).

Instead of the usual oyster omelette that is stir-fried with starch,
the one at Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters does without it!
The Oyster Omelette is crispier, juicier and more flavorful.

Therefore, Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters is a must-try!

Address: Chinatown Food Street, 335 Smith Street, Singapore 050335

View attachment 96785

Swee! I’ll go try it out.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Is Bedok 85 a better hawker centre than the one at Bedok Reservoir Road near Kaki Bukit?

Pasar Makan is a quiet little market place, the XiangJi Chicken rice not bad, the CKT/CBH not bad. Just a pity no more HKM, the CKT/CBH chap said too troublesome and not worth the preparation time. Used to have a Thai stall dishing out authentic Thai food, zhup lup already, I think changed hands or something.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried the East Coast Lagoon Hawker Centre one? Long queue every time I'm there....

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Has anyone tried the East Coast Lagoon Hawker Centre one? Long queue every time I'm there....

I do visit there when it’s not crowded, edible, their oysters of decent size, but avoid crowded timings, the orkluaks become sloppy...