• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

74 Retiree dies after last smoke and confrontation at void deck with 36 Fatty who took his photo

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man admits charging towards retiree in dispute over void deck smoking, victim fell and died​

AC1I040920copy_1.jpg

The retiree chased the 36-year-old man around a pillar and the bank worker later charged at him, causing the elderly man to fall backwards and hit his head fatally.

SINGAPORE: After spotting a 74-year-old man smoking at a void deck, a bank worker confronted the older man and took photos of him.

The elderly man chased the bank worker around a pillar, and in the ensuing scuffle, the bank worker charged towards the old man, causing him to fall backwards and hit his head on the ground.

He was taken to hospital with multiple head injuries and died later that night.

Allan Chua Kim Wee, 36, pleaded guilty on Friday (Feb 3) to one count of voluntarily causing hurt, where he did not intend to cause grievous hurt, but where grievous hurt was caused.

The court heard that Chua was a customer due diligence analyst at a bank in Singapore at the time.

On Dec 25, 2021, Chua was on his way home after having breakfast at Hougang Mall when he saw the victim, 74-year-old retiree Ng Sioh Leng.

Mr Ng was smoking while sitting on a bench at a void deck of Block 328, Hougang Avenue 5.

Chua wanted to lodge a complaint about the smoking, so he began taking multiple photos of Mr Ng with his mobile phone. Chua also confronted Mr Ng about his smoking at the void deck.

Mr Ng responded by chasing Chua around a pillar, court documents stated.

Chua evaded Mr Ng and walked towards a lift lobby. However, he noticed Mr Ng advancing towards him, holding a walking stick.

Chua lowered his stance and charged towards Mr Ng, hitting Mr Ng in the stomach area with his right shoulder.

Mr Ng fell backwards from the impact and hit the back of his head on the ground.

Part of the encounter was captured on police camera footage at the lift lobby.

When Chua realised that Mr Ng was not responding after falling, he called the police.

He said: "This guy wanted to attack me with a stick and I retaliated and now he is injured. I am sorry but I need the ambulance here."

Mr Ng was taken to hospital with numerous head injuries including fractures in his skull. He was later admitted into the intensive care unit and died later that night.

An autopsy found his cause of death to be a severe head injury.

PROSECUTION SEEKING JAIL​

The prosecution is seeking four years' jail for Chua, "considering that (his) actions led to the death of the victim".

He said there is no sentencing framework for offences under Section 323A, and reported and unreported precedents do not cover instances where the victim died.

He noted that Chua had initiated and continued the confrontation, and was about twice the victim's size.

Chua was 173cm tall and weighed 100kg, while the victim was 161cm tall and 54kg.

Chua was also much more mobile than the victim, said the prosecutor.

However, he said Chua demonstrated remorse by calling for medical assistance immediately, and he was cooperative during investigations.

He will return to court next week for sentencing.

The penalties for voluntarily causing hurt, where the hurt was not intended to be grievous but turned out to be so, is a jail term of up to five years, a fine of up to S$10,000, or both.

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
1675400728413.png

1675400758205.png

SINGAPORE: After spotting a 74-year-old man smoking at a void deck, a bank worker confronted the older man and took photos of him.

The elderly man chased the bank worker around a pillar, and in the ensuing scuffle, the bank worker charged towards the old man, causing him to fall backwards and hit his head on the ground.

Allan Chua Kim Wee, 36, pleaded guilty on Friday (Feb 3) to one count of voluntarily causing hurt, where he did not intend to cause grievous hurt, but where grievous hurt was caused.

The court heard that Chua was a customer due diligence analyst at a bank in Singapore at the time.

On Dec 25, 2021, Chua was on his way home after having breakfast at Hougang Mall when he saw the victim, 74-year-old retiree Ng Sioh Leng.

Mr Ng was smoking while sitting on a bench at a void deck of Block 328, Hougang Avenue 5.

Chua wanted to lodge a complaint about the smoking, so he began taking multiple photos of Mr Ng with his mobile phone. Chua also confronted Mr Ng about his smoking at the void deck.

Chua evaded Mr Ng and walked towards a lift lobby. However, he noticed Mr Ng advancing towards him, holding a walking stick.

Chua lowered his stance and charged towards Mr Ng, hitting Mr Ng in the stomach area with his right shoulder.

Mr Ng fell backwards from the impact and hit the back of his head on the ground.

When Chua realised that Mr Ng was not responding after falling, he called the police.

He said: "This guy wanted to attack me with a stick and I retaliated and now he is injured. I am sorry but I need the ambulance here."

Mr Ng was taken to hospital with numerous head injuries including fractures in his skull. He was later admitted into the intensive care unit and died later that night.

The prosecution is seeking four years' jail for Chua, "considering that (his) actions led to the death of the victim".

He said there is no sentencing framework for offences under Section 323A, and reported and unreported precedents do not cover instances where the victim died.

He noted that Chua had initiated and continued the confrontation, and was about twice the victim's size.

Chua was 173cm tall and weighed 100kg, while the victim was 161cm tall and 54kg.

However, he said Chua demonstrated remorse by calling for medical assistance immediately, and he was cooperative during investigations.

The penalties for voluntarily causing hurt, where the hurt was not intended to be grievous but turned out to be so, is a jail term of up to five years, a fine of up to S$10,000, or both.

Source: CNA/ll(zl)

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn to mind your own business. Don't try to be a law enforcer for the shitty govt. You're not paid for it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
These old farts are nothing but a nuisance the government should round them up and confine them to an old folks' home.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This idiot probably has similar mentality towards mandatory vaxxing.
He is the type that would report contravention of the covid rules. The typical PAP porlampar.
If I were the victims family, I would demand the cane and jail.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day Ginfreely will be fanning her cheebye at the void deck to cool down the heat from all that vigorous fucking.
Some other guy will charge at her and cut off the whole piece.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were they wearing masks while playing catching at the HDB void deck?

Lack of oxygen = can't think properly = lose balance = accident.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners can smoke wherever they want because unlike poor Sinkies they are not living in HDB flats. Ask Ramesh.

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man admits charging towards retiree in dispute over void deck smoking, victim fell and died​

The retiree chased the 36-year-old man around a pillar and the bank worker later charged at him, causing the elderly man to fall backwards and hit his head fatally.

I hate secondhand smoke

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the PAP technocrats actually ban smoking at the HDB void decks? If so, how are the smokers going to smoke when it's raining?

Even the fucked up SAF has a sheltered smoking corner for NS slaves to smoke.

No need to be so petty and vindictive lah, you overpaid jiakliaobees. :rolleyes:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the PAP technocrats actually ban smoking at the HDB void decks? If so, how are the smokers going to smoke when it's raining?

Even the fucked up SAF has a sheltered smoking corner for NS slaves to smoke.

No need to be so petty and vindictive lah, you overpaid jiakliaobees. :rolleyes:

160610-salt-lake-city-smoking-room-yh-0947a.jpg

Value add by parking Ginfreelies within to give blowjobs.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet that lau uncle didn't expect that was his very last smoke. Instead of dying of lung cancer, ironically he died from a fall. 简直太讽刺了。