• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On The Shelf - Donnie & Marie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0HLa44CYJ0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k60n61zFrms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/47io3t-575Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4c9r15O1JVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" is a song by British band Dead or Alive on their 1985 album Youthquake. The song was the first UK number-one hit by the Stock Aitken Waterman production trio. Released in November 1984, the record reached number one in March 1985, taking 17 weeks to get there. On the US Billboard Hot 100, it peaked at no. 11 in September of that year.

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iZACBEW_B8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YG9FUrRXYxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
La Flavour - Mandolay

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LvX71i3AQ5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H-_ZUXJzZhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miquel Brown (born Michael Brown) is a Canadian actress, and disco/soul singer in the 1970s and 1980s, most popular for the songs "Close to Perfection" and the Hi-NRG songs "So Many Men, So Little Time" and "He's A Saint, He's A Sinner", produced in London by Ian Levine. Originally named Michael, her parents changed the spelling (but retained the pronunciation) so as not to confuse her with a male producer and children's author of the time, (Michael Brown). Miquel is the step sister of disco singer Amii Stewart.

Miquel Brown - So Many Men So Little Time

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cSsndKMGFfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia)" is a 1974 hit recording by MFSB (Mother, Father, Sister, Brother) featuring vocals by The Three Degrees. A classic example of the Philadelphia soul genre, it was written by Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff as the theme for the American musical television program Soul Train, which specialized in African American musical performers. The single was released on the Philadelphia International label, and it is arguably the first disco song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100.

TSOP - MFSB featuring the Three Degrees

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6qIpCk0QRm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rK3YcH0A8z4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Secret Lovers", released in 1985, was the third single from As the Band Turns, the sixth album from R&B group, Atlantic Starr. "Secret Lovers" was Atlantic Starr's true breakthrough hit on the pop charts in both the US and UK, though the group had previously minor pop and R&B hits in both countries. The flip side "When Love Calls" had previously been issued in the US in 1982 as a single (A & M records AM-8634) and proved a substantial club success in the UK where its presence contributed to sales of "Secret Lovers".
Sung as a duet between Atlantic Starr members Barbara Weathers and David Lewis, "Secret Lovers" is the story of a man and a woman who are having an affair with each other even though they are both married to other people. Although they know their actions are wrong and are forced to keep their relationship secret as a result (hence the title of the song), they love each other too much to let the affair end. They also justify the affair by trying to convince themselves that maybe their spouses have their own "secret lovers" as well.

Atlantic Star - Secret Lovers

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MprSh2fe3KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R83R4Szm--g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Love Will Lead You Back" is a song performed by Taylor Dayne. Released as the second single from Dayne's second album Can't Fight Fate (following the more uptempo "With Every Beat of My Heart"), the ballad debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on January 27, 1990. It reached number one on April 7 that same year and spent 15 weeks in the Top 40. It also reached number one on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart and was certified Gold in the U.S. by the RIAA.
The song, written by Diane Warren, is about a woman who is willing to set her lover free because she is confident that one day his love will lead him back to her: "Sometimes it takes some time out on your own now / to find your way back home". Warren has stated that she began writing the song while in a hotel in Russia, and that she had originally intended the song to be offered to R&B singer Whitney Houston, but Arista Records president Clive Davis wanted to let Dayne record the song. It became Dayne's only number one single.

Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MO6xhLtfwW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DiXk2id5xck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fu69KBR7RMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple Minds - Don't you forget about me

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ywFoyFKQIkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4L5oQSwCwYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"What Have I Done to Deserve This?" is a song by English synthpop duo Pet Shop Boys, featuring singer Dusty Springfield.
When released as a single in late 1987, it peaked at #2 in the UK charts and also at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the fourth Top Ten hit for Pet Shop Boys as well as the biggest hit of Springfield's career in the U.S.

"What Have I Done to Deserve This?" - Pet Shop Boys

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DiskK0g82XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Romantics - Talking in your sleep

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GxQ9GscJEzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ricky Martin - Cup of Life

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8_vxD_Yk2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IzrI7LrTd2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"People Are People" is Depeche Mode's 10th UK single recorded at Hansa Mischraum in west Berlin, and released on 12 March 1984. It was their first hit single in the US and the first single from the Some Great Reward album.

Depeche Mode - People Are People

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MzGnX-MbYE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All I Need is a 1984 song by American actor and singer Jack Wagner.
Wagner became known for his role as Frisco Jones on the soap opera General Hospital prior to recording the song; he has since had roles on other television programs, such as The Bold and the Beautiful and Melrose Place. "All I Need" was written by Glen Ballard, David Pack and Clif Magness and produced by Ballard and Magness. The song proved to be Wagner's only Top 40 hit, peaking at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in early 1985. It remained at the runner-up position for two weeks, behind Madonna's "Like a Virgin". The single did spend two weeks atop Billboard's adult contemporary chart. The ballad is the title-track to Wagner's 1984 debut album. The song is a romantic plea from Wagner to the one he loves: All I need / Is just a little more time / To be sure what I feel.

"All I Need" - Jack Wagner

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/en_Bgg2WiB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I Will Follow Him", first recorded by Paola Neri, is also a song recorded by Little Peggy March in 1963. The music was written by Franck Pourcel (using the pseudonym J.W. Stole) and Paul Mauriat (using the pseudonym Del Roma). It was adapted by Arthur Altman. The English lyrics were translated by Norman Gimbel. In 1982 the Dutch singer José Hoebee (former member of the girl band Luv') made a hit cover of the song.
The song is featured at the end of the 1992 film Sister Act, where it was performed by the nuns' chorus for the Pope.

Peggy March & José Hoebee - I Will Follow Him

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V-7vnnuaoog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VH4_ykuaFBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Casey Kasem Dead: DJ Casey Kasem American Top 40 Dies At 82

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zuXkC1DvuWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​