• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

6 Nov 2009 PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail
JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail
Friday, November 06, 2009

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail. The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

In response to the JCT letter, Camp said: “This is the ultimate example of the Democrats’ command-and-control style of governing – buy what we tell you or go to jail. It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.”

Key excerpts from the JCT letter appear below:

“H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.” [page 1]

- - - - - - - - - -

“If the government determines that the taxpayer’s unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply…” [page 2]

- - - - - - - - - -

“Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:

• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]

When confronted with this same issue during its consideration of a similar individual mandate tax, the Senate Finance Committee worked on a bipartisan basis to include language in its bill that shielded Americans from civil and criminal penalties. The Pelosi bill, however, contains no similar language protecting American citizens from civil and criminal tax penalties that could include a $250,000 fine and five years in jail.

“The Senate Finance Committee had the good sense to eliminate the extreme penalty of incarceration. Speaker Pelosi’s decision to leave in the jail time provision is a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates. Fortunately, Republicans have an alternative that will lower health insurance costs without raising taxes or cutting Medicare,” said Camp.

According to the Congressional Budget Office the lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speaker’s bill would cost $15,000 in 2016.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Republican Chart Outlines House Democrats’ Government Takeover of Health Care
Rep. Kevin Brady: “This chart identifies 31 new federal programs, agencies, commissions, and mandates that will be in between patients and … their doctor.”

Washington, Jul 15 - House Republicans, led by Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) and House Republicans on the Joint Economic Committee (JEC), today outlined a chart detailing the bureaucratic nightmare of the House Democrats’ health care plan. The chart, which Brady detailed in a presentation to GOP leaders today, identifies at least 31 new federal programs, agencies, commissions and mandates that accompany the unprecedented government takeover of health care in America. House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) issued the following statement today:

“This chart depicts the health care nightmare that House Democrats have planned for families and small businesses. This isn’t reform; it’s a recipe for disaster that will lead to higher health care costs, lower quality, rationed care, and bureaucrats making medical decisions instead of doctors and patients. Families shouldn’t have to answer to shadowy Washington bureaucrats when they’re seeking health care treatments for themselves and their loved ones.

“If this isn’t bad enough, this new maze of government bureaucracy will be funded by a new small business tax that will cost more American jobs. During a time of economic recession, the last thing Congress should be doing is punishing small businesses that create a majority of the jobs in this country. If Democrats are serious about job creation and real health care reform, they’ll scrap this plan and start working with House Republicans on solutions the American people want. Republicans have offered a plan to reduce costs and expand Americans’ access to quality care – without a small business tax. I want to thank Rep. Brady and House Republicans on the Joint Economic Committee for their work in exposing the truth about what the Democrats’ plan means for families and small businesses.”

NOTE: Republicans on the Joint Economic Committee, led by Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), developed the following chart to expose the truth about the Democrats’ health care plan to the American people. The chart is below and also linked

54791ed533e6.jpg

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
46 & 2 Says:
November 7th, 2009 at 11:10 am

This is another nail in the coffin. I have pre-existing conditions…i cant even get insurance unless i want to pay $500 a month for limited coverage. Looks like i’ll be movin to the woods soon.

Harry Reply:
November 7th, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Why, the middle class of course. Every filthy blood sucking wetback will get it free so they can breed more filthy vermin like themselves.

Archon Reply:
November 7th, 2009 at 4:14 pm

will blacks and illegals on welfare have to buy this coverage also?..or does this apply only to the Middle Class?

GrapeVineXus Reply:
November 7th, 2009 at 12:14 pm

If everybody bands together to ignore their system and create our own (that means no id cards, no anything that belongs to their control grid) how will they enforce this? They are pushing us into a corner to get compliance or react and play into their agenda for Martial Law and complete control. This is going to get messy.

Madman Reply:
November 7th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I agree… it’s about to get real.
If the American people become felons, because they refuse this health care bill… plenty of people will go, i’m already a felon, I have nothing to lose… and lose it. Then the streets will flow with the blood of tyrants and good men and women alike. This health care with felony as your only option, might turn into the most dangerous piece of legislation to be passed, without being read.

MadMarkie Reply:
November 7th, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Gerald Celente predicts a ‘tax-revolt’ in the very near future. 10.2% unemployment as of today. Six applicants for every available job? (no matter how little they pay) WTF? And now they want to fine and imprision folks who can’t afford to buy insurance?

The fun and games in the streets is almost here. Clean and oil all your hardware and make any last minute adjustments to your stockpile of supplies. If you will be storing any gasoline, please do so safely and don’t forget the fuel preservative. Please say a little prayer for my family and I and we’ll do the same for you. Goodby boys and girls; its been great knowing you.

alex Says:
November 7th, 2009 at 11:18 am

I wonder what this bill says about the IMPLANTABLE MICROCHIP that will be used to track all of you.
Eventually all sheep won’t be able to buy or sell without it.
Without it you WILL NOT get medical treatment for anything.
Implanted at the back of your hand or forehead.
WILL YOU TAKE THE MARK ???

Last edited: