• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 4GB RAM smartphones : Renowned brands wins hands down while......

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Newcomers can fark off. Because they can come up with similar specs but these newcomers start ups has no proven records in the industry let alone their sales volume.

Used to own this model but have since pass it down to make way for other brands.

ASUS Zenfone is the world's first 4GB RAM smartphone. I use Zenfone 2 ZE551ML as comparison because like all renowned brands, it's stable and has all the basic necessities of a smart phone....

OseY52w.jpg

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Common issues with all brands :

Phone gets hot : Well that depends whether u are multi tasking. And chipset (Snapdragon 810)

Battery life drains fast : It depends on your usage, your battery capacity, battery health and Android Lollipop has battery issues.

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

List of smartphones with 4GB RAM

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

Elephone P9000 and P9000 Lite

Huawei Mate 8

OnePlus 2

Oppo R7 Plus (better scan it with Malwarebytes for Oppo phones has been found to have trojan pre-installed) :biggrin:

Letv Le 1 Pro

LG V 10

Asus ZenFone 2 4GB Model

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro

ZTE Nubia Z9 Exclusive Edition

ELEPHONE VOWNEY

Lenovo K80 4GB model

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like 256MB and 512MB RAM phones, 1GB RAM phones will be frowned upon in the near future but at least it's usable for basic usage. In this present day, 1.5GB or 2GB RAM is the minimum.

Top 9 smartphones with 6GB RAM for 2016

1. Asus Zenfone 3

2. LG G5

3. Xiaomi Mi6

4. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

5. OnePlus 3

6. HTC One M10

7. Sony Xperia QT

8. Symetium

9. LeTV Max 2

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the phones I'm using is a simple Nokia candy handphone with a physical keyboard. After about 3 years I am having problems with the battery charge lasting only a day. I got a new battery but am having the same problem

The quality of Nokia handphones are not like they used to be but for only $60 I'm really not surprised:wink:

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can not just ignore all other specs and look only at RAM.

CPU #of cores n MHz

Internal FLASH size

got Micro SD card

Single / Dual SIM

Screen quality IPS AMOLED super AMOLED screen resolution, size mmXmm

Camera resolution Video 4K

GPS Glonas Beidou Japs QZSS navigation

Wifi n hotspot

Bluetooth 4.2 ?

IR n other sensors

Wireless power charging?

Samsung notes type stylus pen ?

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

30 3GB RAM Phones For Superior Multitasking

Lenovo Vibe X3

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6

Samsung Galaxy S6

Xiaomi Mi 5

Lenovo Vibe P1 Turbo

Huawei Honor 6

Meizu M3 Note

Oppo F1

YU Yureka Note

Gionee Marathon M5 Lite

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Intex Aqua Ace

Huawei Nexus 6P

Gionee Marathon M5 Plus

OnePlus X

Intex Aqua Super

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser

Micromax Canvas 5 E481

Coolpad Note 3

Acer Liquid Z630s

Lava V5 4G

Gionee Elife E8

HTC One A9

Xolo Black

Micromax Canvas Pulse 4G

Kult 10

Intex Cloud Crystal 2.5D

Lenovo K4 Note

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the phones I'm using is a simple Nokia candy handphone with a physical keyboard. After about 3 years I am having problems with the battery charge lasting only a day. I got a new battery but am having the same problem

The quality of Nokia handphones are not like they used to be but for only $60 I'm really not surprised:wink:

Just bought another Nokia 225 to replace the one I am having problems with. This is a 2 SIM model. The price has gone up to $68 & it does not come with a warranty.

After opening it up & installing my SIM cards, it is obvious that the quality of Nokia telephones has really gone downhill:(
The SIM tray has been changed into something unreliable. When you slide in a SIM card you have to wiggle it around until it seats properly:eek: It is not like the older models where the SIM is seated securely.

The 2nd SIM slot is even worse, after inserting a second SIM card I can't get it to eject. The reason I need to eject the 2nd SIM card is because the 2nd SIM slot is too big & the card that I have inserted is not being seen by the telephone.

You can find decent smart phones for a bit more $ but I like the portability of a candy phone when I am travelling. Really disappointed with Nokia:(

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh fuck off don't come to here. You are a pussy. Even the baby nowadays have a smartphone. Don’t come and act original. Act like a fucking fool instead.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh fuck off don't come to here. You are a pussy. Even the baby nowadays have a smartphone. Don’t come and act original. Act like a fucking fool instead.

Don't assume that everyone needs a smartphone all the time. I own several phones including smartphones. I use them for my different SIM cards.

When I travel in the 3rd world I prefer to carry a cheap dual SIM phone because it is lighter, discrete & I don't have to charge them as often. I keep my phone collection in the hotel safe.

Nokia quality has gone downhill & I wouldn't recommend the latest version to anyone because of the poor quality, the 2nd SIM slot is unusable. The Nokia 225 I got a few years ago was ok, but the latest version of the Nokia 225 is really bad.

Now the problem I face is getting the 2nd SIM out of the slot:(