• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$40,000 in cash for a tiny four-room flat is ridiculous

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>How to live in cheaper Woodlands when work is in Shenton Way and parents are in Tanah Merah?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I GOT engaged a few months ago and have started looking for an HDB flat. We have gone from executive apartments to five-room flats and are now considering four-room units.
While the valuations are reasonable, the thought of having to fork out more than $40,000 in cash for a tiny four-room flat is ridiculous.
The Government has also suggested considering Sengkang, Punggol and cheaper new estates farther out in the suburbs.
But why would I buy a cheaper flat in Woodlands if I work in Shenton Way and my parents live in Tanah Merah?
Is this how better family relations are fostered? My choice was to stay closer to my parents to maintain the close bond I have with them. The Government must come up with more practical solutions.
Wilma Gaiyithri Muhundan (Ms)

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>How to live in cheaper Woodlands when work is in Shenton Way and parents are in Tanah Merah?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I GOT engaged a few months ago and have started looking for an HDB flat. We have gone from executive apartments to five-room flats and are now considering four-room units.
While the valuations are reasonable, the thought of having to fork out more than $40,000 in cash for a tiny four-room flat is ridiculous.
The Government has also suggested considering Sengkang, Punggol and cheaper new estates farther out in the suburbs.
But why would I buy a cheaper flat in Woodlands if I work in Shenton Way and my parents live in Tanah Merah?
Is this how better family relations are fostered? My choice was to stay closer to my parents to maintain the close bond I have with them. The Government must come up with more practical solutions.

Not happy with the $40K COV then don't pay lor!! Demand and supply. Anybody force them??

Want to live near parents and not pay COV, can!!

Ask the paprents to move to Sengkang or Punggol with them, that place got low COV. Lagi better, buy a bigger flat and stay with parents!!

She wants Government to come out with a solution to suit all her demands!!Typical Singaporean!!

Anyway Singapore is damn small country, even if she lives in Jurong and her parents in Changi, also not far for any International Standard!!

:biggrin:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>My choice was to stay closer to my parents to maintain the close bond I have with them. The Government must come up with more practical solutions.

You have an option, stay with your parents, solve your problem

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vote oppo in 2011

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then why are your parents so special to be living in Tanah Merah? You mean they don't buy a house there for you or? And can't you all live in Punggol or Woodlands?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>But why would I buy a cheaper flat in Woodlands if I work in Shenton Way and my parents live in Tanah Merah?

Duh.. girl... why? Becos you can't afford a more expensive flat, that's why.

kunkin

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid sinkie idiot..

why should the govt have to help her for her to stay closer with her parents..

most sinkies are irrational abt this HDB prices..

it is same everywhere in the world..
unless the country is awash with natural resources like oil.. or good brain citizens.

alas Singapore doesn't have anything except the omnipotent PAP to bulldoze these stupids in getting things done for its own ulterior motives

lewlian88

Alfrescian
Loyal

waaa parents stay in tanah merah leh, usually rich folks live there
no wonder she think 4 room tiny!

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of these housing problems are caused by SG bitches...

When they first came to SG to study or work, my china and india colleagues mostly rented one room with their spouse. Despite having no privacy, many manage to fuck and give birth to kids, who ironically become SG citizens. These FTs are also very smart, many of them are registered as married in their own countries, but they do not make their marital status official in SG. So after 6 years as PR, they get the SG citizenship. They will then either share name with an invisible parent back in their home or with the SG born child to get a house. Since both are not declared married, the male can share names with his parent to get one HDB and the female another, either with her paretns or the kid. Imagine with this, they can rent out minimally four rooms and pocket at least $2000 in rent every month. Most of these FTs have rich parents back in their own countries as well, being able to pay COV or top up CPF in cash, largest amount i have seen to date is $60K.

SG bitches...they want a house near workplace to save travelling time(lazy to travel), they want a house near parents (lazy again, no need to cook, when have kids parents can share the burden), they want privacy (cannot fuck when there are people in the house, top reason given when the guy ask them to stay with his parents first after marriage, and their bed room skills are one of the worse i have ever seen in the world), loook down on local guys (always thinking they should be providing while they enjoy, hence always the impression why ang moh better)..if the SG bitches are more accomodating then the FT bitches, things would not have gone so bad...

Its a sad fact we local guys are getting screwed up, down, left, right and centre, and this nightmare starts once we serve NS...to the local guys out there, think out of the box and try to (1.) start a part time business to earn extra cash (travel around the world, many good products cab be brought in to be sold) (2.) learn a useful skill e.g. be a pet groomer and earn extra cash, (3.) get into a vocation that facilitates migration to another country (4.) invest in assets like shares rather than liabilities like cars, (5.) if single I would strongly encourage marrying down (in terms of education level) either to an Indian or Malay girl as they understand the role of being a wife better than the smart ass highly pampered chinese girls who only give problems and will divorce you once things go wrong...of course not all SG bitches are like this, but sadly mostly are...

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excuse me Ms, so difficult to take MRT or Bus or Taxi? Singapore not very big leh.

Somemore you are a lawyer. Shame Shame

wilma.jpg

WILMA MUHUNDAN
[email protected]

Graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Arts Degree (with Merit) in 2002 and a Bachelor of Laws Degree (Hons) in 2005.

Completed her pupillage with Rodyk & Davidson in May 2006 and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in May 2006. Continued to work as an Associate in Roydk & Davidson from June 2006 to May 2007. Joined the Firm as an Associate in May 2007.

Handles shipping and commercial litigation.

Member, Young Lawyers Committee, The Law Society of Singapore

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
since when have lawyers (a.) stay in HDB and (2.) cannot afford $40K in cash...if she is earning $10K a month, can get loan from Stan Chart (4 times her salary), if split with spouse 50/50, only need to fork out $20K each...wonder what kind of lawyer she is...these are the people that complain $40K is ridiculous but will jump ship immediately when offered a job in new york, where she probably will not be able to afford a house located within 30 mins of manhattan...when that happens she wil spin another story...i am really have having second thoghts about going to NUS to do my MBA liao...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah wilma ...

tel ur boss u want 2 stay wif ur parents n close 2 ur offis ... tink ur understandin boss wil gif u a room in ze offis 2 stay ... u can den bring ur parens in 2 stay wif u ...

alternatifly ... f-o wif ur parens 2 jb ... tel ur boss 2 set up n offis in jb oso ... specially 4 u ...

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
since when have lawyers (a.) stay in HDB and (2.) cannot afford $40K in cash...if she is earning $10K a month, can get loan from Stan Chart (4 times her salary), if split with spouse 50/50, only need to fork out $20K each...wonder what kind of lawyer she is...these are the people that complain $40K is ridiculous but will jump ship immediately when offered a job in new york, where she probably will not be able to afford a house located within 30 mins of manhattan...when that happens she wil spin another story...i am really have having second thoghts about going to NUS to do my MBA liao...

Junior lawyer just passed out.
Salary only @ 4K.
After CPF & study loan deduction take home @2.5K.
Where got 40K to spare?

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didnt know she is still junior..it says in the pic she graduated in 2005...i have never heard of lawyers earning $4K or less among my frens...i believe she is taking home $4K, cannot apply for new HDB, does not have enough in CPF, not willing to fork out cash for rslae HDB, and is engaged to a fine young man driving a fancy car who has no savings (read: ang moh)...

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didnt know she is still junior..it says in the pic she graduated in 2005...i have never heard of lawyers earning $4K or less among my frens...i believe she is taking home $4K, cannot apply for new HDB, does not have enough in CPF, not willing to fork out cash for rslae HDB, and is engaged to a fine young man driving a fancy car who has no savings (read: ang moh)...

Astute observation. She has breached the income ceiling and thus is "forced" to buy resale.

She couldn't get a Duxton unit and bukit merah flats (where are parents live) are to ridiculously priced according to her.