• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4 PAP MPs wants Vincent to explains about homosexual sex

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is where they may just outsmart themselves.
Where Holland-Bukit Timah is known for having relatively affluent voters, these same voters are also usually more liberal and open-minded than the typical hypocritical heartlander uncle or aunty you find elsewhere.

This can be a bit trickier than most perceive. Holland-bukit timah GRC is the 'bible belt' of singapore. Vivian, silly as his name sounds, is not daft to this fact. Not only affluent and well educated, the residents are also one of the most conservative church-going segments of the country.

jw5

Loyal
This can be a bit trickier than most perceive. Holland-bukit timah GRC is the 'bible belt' of singapore. Vivian, silly as his name sounds, is not daft to this fact. Not only affluent and well educated, the residents are also one of the most conservative church-going segments of the country.

Hmmm, you've got a point there as well.
But I also stand by my "hypocritical heartlander uncle and aunty theory". :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Vivian no balls to issue the statement himself ? Why must pull the other three into the water with him ?

Very interesting question. Alex au has fingered (pun intended) Vivian as one of the many staunch christian conservatives sitting in the Pap cabinet today. I wonder if the other 3 are part of the congregation as well.

If so, then part 2 of the Aware saga will transpire......

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro , like that opps party should ask teekee stand for election ..or pester kong .

jw5

Loyal
Bro , like that opps party should ask teekee stand for election ..or pester kong .

Remember when teekee claimed that he wanted to sponsor election candidates' deposits and asked them to send him their resumes? :rolleyes:
What happened to that?

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, the pappies think they are very smart by trying to make the above differentiation.
Pretending to be only concerned about the political agenda while knowing fully aware that many conservative voters will not approve.

This is where they may just outsmart themselves.
Where Holland-Bukit Timah is known for having relatively affluent voters, these same voters are also usually more liberal and open-minded than the typical hypocritical heartlander uncle or aunty you find elsewhere.

The problem is that many of the voters in Holland-Bukit Timah belong to the Christian fundamentalist group who are extremely conservative in their views.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Good point. But this may not be as tricky as you think. Being conservative church-going does not mean they do not have gays in their families or community. This is not something to be declared openly, of course. But I suspect such an affluent community will have its share of closet gays, despite what the bible teaches. Thus family and friends of gay people should be able to show emphathy, and cut out the hypocrisy.

jw5

Loyal
Good point. But this may not be as tricky as you think. Being conservative church-going does not mean they do not have gays in their families or community. This is not something to be declared openly, of course. But I suspect such an affluent community will have its share of closet gays, despite what the bible teaches. Thus family and friends of gay people should be able to show emphathy, and cut out the hypocrisy.

Whereas the hypocritical heartlander uncles and aunties can't and won't. :wink:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP has been "screwing the asses" of Sinkies all this while. Now they're accusing SDP of being a gay rights supporter ? What an irony !

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's really a big IF. Hopefully the appeal of Sdp's A team (Michelle Lee, Tan JS, Dr Ang & VW) over-rides their conservative attitudes. Another wild card which was pointed out by forummer SIFU is the recent flooding issue.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Whereas the hypocritical heartlander uncles and aunties can't and won't. :wink:

We live in a secular world. Politics is secular. Being gay did not bring our country to its present pathetic state. But bad policies have. Affluent and well-educated folks can think. Getting rid of bad policy makers who have fumbled and yet make millions would be top priority. I am sure they are more concerned with their MP's brains and heart, rather than where his dick prefers to go.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
In many surveys about 5% of the population is gay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#United_Kingdom

The number is likely higher as many are too shameful to admit to being gay. So chances are high that out of 87 MP 3 to 4 of them are gays.

But what is the big deal? What is more important is a person's intellect, his heart - ability to empathize, and his ability to push through his ideas.

If PAP still think that Singapore is a conservative society, then they have misread and not understand the change that is taken place in the Singapore public

PAP can continue to push on Vincent's sexual orientation. However, by doing so, they will be ailenating the gay and lesbian community, of whom actually is a growing number.

Think Vivian could cost PAP lots of votes if he dont shut up.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We live in a secular world. Politics is secular. Being gay did not bring our country to its present pathetic state. But bad policies have. Affluent and well-educated folks can think. Getting rid of bad policy makers who have fumbled and yet make millions would be top priority. I am sure they are more concerned with their MP's brains and heart, rather than where his dick prefers to go.

Good point, and I agree.

Although I have resided in Canada for close to 3 decades, and accordingly, has no vested interest in the outcome of the forthcoming General Elections in Singapore, allow me to share my views as it pertains to gay rights and same sex marriage.

You may or may not be aware that the City of Toronto and Canada recognize same sex marriage. Prior to the passing of legislation repealing or amending marriage between a man and a woman, and amending the term "spouse", I was, and still am, not in favour of same sex marriage, and do not openly support same sex marriage, because fundamentally and naturally, marriage should be between a man and a woman. However, regardless whether a candidate for MP is single, married, divorced, or gay or lesbian, the important matters are, amongst others, whether he is capable, has a desire and passion to serve his/her fellow citizens, and provide sufficient appropriate comments, criticisms and suggestions with respect to the ruling party's policies and changes to legislation.

I believe that to be a first world country, Singapore does need a sufficient number of non-ruling party MP's to serve and act as a check and balance, as well as to prevent the ruling party's various amendments to the Constitution whenever it suits the ruling party (see past years' amendments). I believe that when a ruling party has always made up more than 75 per cent of the members in Parliament, for the longest time, any amendment to the Constitution should be decided by a national referendum.

In addition, if my memory serves me well, it is the ruling party which "forced" Singaporeans to move away from their chosen parts of the island, and then introduced racial quotas in HDB flats, and the introduction of GRC's to ensure that at least one racial minority is included in each GRC. With respect, if the ruling party did not implement policies as it pertain to where citizens should live, whether or not to marry, whether or not to have 2 or more children or none at all, Singapore would have been "naturally" better than the woes which the ruling party / government continue to lament and chastise its citizens.

Sincerely

Last edited: