• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4.5 acres of chua chu kang land exchange for one 4 rm flat in the seventies.

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
one cleaner told me, govt insist that their family exchange their grandpa 4.5 acres of chua chu kang land for one 4 room HDB in the seventies. they have no choice but to oblige, one neighbor refuse to accept ganna chase out forcefully.

duuno true or not, cannot trust the cleaner, anyone can confirm

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
one cleaner told me, govt insist that their family exchange their grandpa 4.5 acres of chua chu kang land for one 4 room HDB in the seventies. they have no choice but to oblige, one neighbor refuse to accept ganna chase out forcefully.

Hello, 4.5 acres is 180,000 square feet. You draw your own conclusions.

Very like they occupied the land without owning the land - quite common during that time.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't trust these cleaners.

If they really had the land, it is still silly with side with them

4.5 acres can be used to build thousands of HDB flats, to the benefits to lots of Singaporeans.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is probably true. I remember living on a farm when I was young and later my grandparents end up in a 4-rm flat and died of boredom.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Illegal land squatters in the 70s?

If this story is true, it would be better to take up the offer. At least they still have a roof over their heads. :smile:

Better than ending up with nothing.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Illegal land squatters in the 70s?

If this story is true, it would be better to take up the offer. At least they still have a roof over their heads. :smile:

Better than ending up with nothing.

Yes, all those world-owes-them-a-living people ... move into the land, build a wooden shed then claim they have 4.5 acres of land (which is still unbelievable anyway as it is 160,000 sq feet of land!)