• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

36 years for John Soh, stock-market manipulator

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would his Talents be useful in Temasick instead of rotting away in Jail ?
that USA-Con Kid from Catch Me if You Can" movie,.. besdies jai, was offered a Good Job with the FBI
Such Special Talents,.. very Rare
no use in the long term. It's called pump and dump. Great for scammers. No long term gains possible.

Tesla for example is 75-80% pumped and 50% dumped. crypto is closer to 100%. At the end of the day, a whole bunch of suckers will be worth holdings worthless pieces of paper. Closer to home you have hyflux for eg.

you do have a point about working with law enforcement. He can be consultant for them. But FYI, his talents are not so rare. Plenty of them around. He's just bigger and bolder than the rest/

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
poor thing. really greed is the fastest killer. I've yet to see a scam that doesn't rely on greed.
there’s this “lady” from pennsylvania who keeps texting me since a year ago and has never given up on baiting me with 30% returns on crypto trading. she even shows me her earnings and account balance regularly to bait me that they’re legit. she also sends pics and videos of the houses and cars she purchases with her “profits”. i tell her i don’t need them. just send me a pic of her (shaved) camel toe.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...ears-ex-girlfriend-quah-su-ling-gets-20-years

Soh, 63, has been in remand since November 2016, while Quah, 58, the former chief executive of Ipco (now renamed Renaissance United), is out on bail of $4 million.

Soh the mastermind will be 99 years old if he serve his full sentence. Lol... with good behaviour, he can look forward to being free at 90?

in SG , Prison terms are different from others.

Life Imprisonment , for Eg , means around 20 years....then can apply for Parole.

Soh should be out in about 10 years to enjoy his billions $ .

Tiagong ,

Soh 's prison mate Chia is eligible for parole ?

Longest jail term for the worst case of commercial fraud​

by Nureza Ahmad

Comment
On 2 April 2004, Chia Teck Leng was sentenced to 42 years in jail in the largest case of commercial fraud in Singapore, to date. The jail term is also the longest ever meted out for a commercial crime. Chia was a finance manager at Asia Pacific Breweries when he forged documents to swindle $117 million from banks over four years, to feed his gambling addiction. Before him, the worst commercial fraud was committed by Singapore Airlines’ employee Teo Cheng Kiat, who embezzled $35 million from the airline over 13 years. He was convicted in 2000 and jailed for 24 years for the crime.1

The accused
Chia was an accountancy graduate who began his career at the now-defunct accounting and consultancy firm, Arthur Andersen. He went on to hold several senior positions in various companies, including assistant vice-president at the United Overseas Bank, mergers-and-acquisitions manager at Jack Chia-MPH, and financial controller at Swire Pacific Offshore Services. He joined Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) on 20 January 1999 as its finance manager. APB was then one of the region’s largest breweries with sales of $372.7 million and an after-tax profit of $38.6 million in 2001. The job required Chia to travel, paying him a generous salary of between $200,000 and $300,000 a year.2

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
there’s this “lady” from pennsylvania who keeps texting me since a year ago and has never given up on baiting me with 30% returns on crypto trading. she even shows me her earnings and account balance regularly to bait me that they’re legit. she also sends pics and videos of the houses and cars she purchases with her “profits”. i tell her i don’t need them. just send me a pic of her (shaved) camel toe.
did you get the toe pic? :sneaky:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nope. heshe is probably a chap with chapped lips.
nabez, those bits, tufts and lumps which you imagined were either some brussel sprouts leftover from kissmas turkey dinner (that oso could've included his cranberries) and will feature the less scary protruding facai if pic is taken in the upcoming cny if it's any cuntsolation.
pse be polite if he includes his "profit"eroles (for prosperity / posterity / roi) else he might throw the whole kitchen sink at you, including a chaffing dish for good measure! :tongue:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2022-12-29-07-52-43-653-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-29-07-53-07-350-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-29-07-53-27-468-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
First time in our history that an accused got remanded for over six years and so I won't be surprised that upon his appeal, he'll get an extension for his sentence.
That is what you get for rocking the establishment. The odds of suceeding are against you in this type of society. John Soh i hope will manage to escape like carlos ghosn or hope PAP losses next election for a fair trial.