• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

35 yo Sinkie man-child wants to pah game, ask his 65 yo mother to que for 5 hrs!

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fan queues 29 straight hours for latest video game "Gears of War 3"

By Han Wei Chou | Posted: 20 September 2011 1041 hrs

That was how long 22-year-old Nanyang Polytechnic student William Ten queued at Funan DigitalLife Mall, to be the first gamer in Singapore to collect his copy of Epic Games' latest release "Gears of War 3", during the game's Monday night launch event.

Despite the hours of queuing, Ten, who was among the more than 1000 fans that turned up for the event, says he was none the worse for wear and was excited to get his hands on the game, which completes the "Gears of War" trilogy of third-person shooting games.

"I feel great. I've been playing from 'Gears of War' till now. I am a huge fan of it.

"Previously 'Gears of War' and 'Gears of War 2' didn't have any official kind of launch. This one is the final episode and they have a big event so I definitely had to come," said Ten, who has even cleared his schedule to play the game.

"No more going out for the week, just 'Gears'!"

Ten, who also received a slew of special "Gears of War 3" premiums for being the first fan in the queue, went on to reveal that he didn't do it alone.

He said his mother and sister, who both played video games, helped him through his 29-hour wait, along with his friends.

"My mother and sister play as well. My mother came to accompany me while I queued," said Ten.

Interestingly, Ten's mother is not the only one who went out of her way to help her son out.

65-year-old Florence Phua was spotted patiently waiting in line for hours in order to collect a pre-ordered copy of the game for her son.

"I'm collecting the game for my son. He is in his thirties.

"He is not free, he is working today," said Mdm Phua, who waited about five hours before she received her copy of the game.

"Gears of War 3", the biggest release of the year for Microsoft's Xbox 360, revolves around a group of human soldiers lead by grizzled war hero Marcus Fenix.

They embark on a desperate attempt to find a path of salvation for humanity, through the onslaught of the Locust and the Lambent, two hostile races that seek its destruction.

The Xbox 360 exclusive M18-rated game features more multiplayer modes, a wider range of weapons for players to experiment with and boasts even better graphics than its predecessors, which together sold more than 12 million copies worldwide.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder what benefits these first comers have in being the first few to play the game...are they somehow smarter? More handsome?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder what benefits these first comers have in being the first few to play the game...are they somehow smarter? More handsome?
becuz it can help them to reach orgasm.
between Jessica Alba and Gears of War, they will choose Gears of War.:eek:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never understand these pple. What is wrong with just Pre-Ordering and then go to the shop and collect the next day. U play 12 hours earlier then the next guy, big deal!!!!!!!

Same as how I never understood why pple queue for days on end just to be the first in line to get a freaking phone

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just pre-order and go collect lah. I also waiting for this game like crazy, but I pre-ordered my copy of GoW3 also. Wait 12 hours won't die one lah. Beats having to wait like an idiot in a queue for 5 hours just so U can play it 12 hours early. Not worth the effort