• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3 Corner Fight at Bukit Batok SM - 3rd Candidate (Independent) Supported by PAP

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read through about Bukit Batok SMC and how 3-corner fight arrived.
Very interesting to know that the 3rd candidate (independent) is a new citizen of India origin, and his nomination form was incomplete at first due to lacking of assentors.
However, his assentors were come out from the Pappies camp and then the 3-corner fight is on.
How truth is it???

https://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/how-bukit-batok-came-to-have-three-corners/#more-11409

It took only a few minutes for the officials to turn Samir Salim away. A few SDP supporters went over to speak to him, and (I was later told), it seemed that his problem was that his other assentors were either overseas or failed to show up at the nomination centre. I also heard that he had been “in Singapore” for fifteen years.

It should be noted — not that race is any issue here, but just to help understand the next part of the narrative — that all four persons in Samir Salim’s group were non-Chinese. They appeared to be of South Asian origin.

It wasn’t long before a flurry of conversations occurred among the PAP people in the nomination centre, and ten or fifteen minutes later, fresh documents were brought before the nomination centre officials. It turned out that the PAP had offered three persons living in Bukit Batok to be Samir Salim’s assentors, thus saving his candidacy from disqualification. At the close of the one-hour nomination window, this form was posted for public viewing, showing three Chinese names as his assentors, making the requisite four.

After 12:30pm, the accepted nominees were formally announced, and all candidates had a chance to make a short speech to the assembled crowd, which mostly comprised PAP supporters, with a sprinkling of red-shirted SDP supporters. Samir Salim spoke only in English. “No Tamil?” I whispered, to no one in particular. “He’s from Kerala,” came a reply from a stranger close by. How true that is I cannot say, but I’m sure we will know over the next few days from other sources.

The SDP supporters were quite upset by this turn of events. Their knee-jerk reaction is understandable: they think the third candidate’s presence on the ballot will split the “opposition vote”. First of all, I think it’s a caricature to speak of a unified “opposition vote”, but secondly, I think it can very well be argued that giving voters a choice can’t be bad thing. Of course the counter-point can also be made that if one of the more established opposition parties were short of assentors, the PAP wouldn’t be lending them any, so it’s not as if we can read this gesture from the PAP to be as noble as it may first appear.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samir Salim,
3rd candidate (independent) is a new citizen of India origin
any news to update his profile ???

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP keeps saying only men with integrity should be voted in.

This guy has no friends in Singapore nobody knows about his character and integrity.

How can PAP support him. Just because they want to weaken the oppositions?

This is nonsense. Bunch of scumbags.

Is this how they cared about Singaporeans?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very true that PAP provided him at least 2 assenters when he fell short. Am sure PAP would do the same if Aljunied, EC, MP, Fengshan and MacPherson fell short too. They are a magnanimous party.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
who is Samir Salim ??

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 490

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont Remember meeting him at the University Of Kerala

Attachments

• P_20150902_134410_1.jpg
    P_20150902_134410_1.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 441

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP keeps saying only men with integrity should be voted in.
This guy has no friends in Singapore nobody knows about his character and integrity.
How can PAP support him. Just because they want to weaken the oppositions?
This is nonsense. Bunch of scumbags.
Is this how they cared about Singaporeans?

i'm sure his non-chinese friends would be happy to make the requisite numbers, only that they're busy in the construction sites and can't qualify even if they agreed :wink:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
I trust news about him will come in fast and furious up to cooling off day.

Maybe Bukit Batok has a sizeable portion of newly minted kerling shitizens with low level or fake qualifications. At least when they anyhow draw their 'cross X' on the polling card come polling day, there is still a 2/3 chance the vote will not go to the SDP. This is a brilliant tactic...worthy of emulation in kerling land.

If someone who has the numbers or just check it out and we will know.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised that there isn't a law stating that only natural born citizens are allowed to contest in elections.

Then again, hardly anything the PAP does surprises me anymore. :wink:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised that there isn't a law stating that only natural born citizens are allowed to contest in elections.

Then again, hardly anything the PAP does surprises me anymore. :wink:

No surprise man. This is just a prelude to how future elections will be conducted....akan dating, newly minted shitizens from China, India, pinoyland and maybe even eastern Europe, becoming MPs.

Why? Because....

a Pappies assumption that newly minted shitizens will be loyal and vote for them;
b European studies showing new citizens have a tendency to vote for the incumbents (NUSS talk mentioned);
c More importantly, easier to be controlled as they are beholden to the natural aristocrat who bestowed such a largess of $15,000 per month salary to them - same same rational why current pappey MPs never rock the boat by voting or talking against policies which are obviously disadvantageous to Singaporeans or policies that are downright shitty.

Nothing is surprising...just wait for 10%, 15% GST, price increases all over after GE 2015.

So sad so sad situation if natural born Singapore citizens still do not do the right thing to deny them the 2/3 majority this time around....and very sorry, there will be no next time again as the natural aristocrat will be trusted to really properly 'fix' Singaporeans for daring to show their displeasure for his policies in these last two elections.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't make any difference whether there is 3cf here. The way I see, SDP candidate won't come close enough to threaten David Ong.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It doesn't make any difference whether there is 3cf here. The way I see, SDP candidate won't come close enough to threaten David Ong.

The way I see it, none of the "spoiler" candidates will gather enough votes to have a bearing on the final outcome.