• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2day CNY last day=last night of Bedok Blk 85 Food Center, closing for 11 months!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a go at your favourite stalls tonight if you can still catch them. The Bedok mata-chu Blk 85 popular food hawker center maker close tomorrow for 11 months. There are about 100 stalls but only 30 stalls will be operating at the temp market (front & back of blk84) the rest are going to close for 11 month or retire permanently.:(

Hawker told me last night that they had been made to pay an up-front lump-sum above S$15K to rent a smaller space at the temp for next 11 months. There are very few seats there and extra open-air seats are disallowed.

They said the new renovation plan will make more sheltered seats but will BAN open-air seats - which are the MOST POPULAR. These open-air seats are one big attraction feature of that place besides the food.:(

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng+shan+hawker+1.jpg

http://hulrulto.blogspot.com/2011/05/upgrading-fengshan-hawker-centre-aka.html

Bedok%20North%20Street%204%20Block%2085%20Market%20&%20Food%20Centre.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;spn=0.004108,0.001765&amp;t=m&amp;z=19&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;panoid=SRapKV5dlgEbMAQpL4rmgQ&amp;cbp=12,4.72,,0,-9.03&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;spn=0.004108,0.001765&amp;t=m&amp;z=19&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;panoid=SRapKV5dlgEbMAQpL4rmgQ&amp;cbp=12,4.72,,0,-9.03&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;spn=0.004119,0.001765&amp;t=m&amp;z=19&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=1.331614,103.938627&amp;spn=0.004119,0.001765&amp;t=m&amp;z=19&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok south market opposite temasek also same. Collect 15k each stall up front for them to build the temporary stall, then still charge monthly rental (?) I heard many stalls refuse to participate so the residents there are going to suffer this year. These RCs are really a bunch of bullies.:mad:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, confirmed as I went there for my favourite Chai Tau Kuay and it is closed as well as the Yu Char Kuay. The porridge stall is open however. It is good as the way it was built was quite awkward.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok south market opposite temasek also same. Collect 15k each stall up front for them to build the temporary stall, then still charge monthly rental (?) I heard many stalls refuse to participate so the residents there are going to suffer this year. These RCs are really a bunch of bullies.:mad:

When is that place's last day?

These projects all FEEDS the Corrupted famiLEE LEEgime CRONIES!

I was at one time at Jurong East Blk 28x temp market helping SDP to sell TND. The cronie who took charge of the project came to SDP's table while most of the people went around the areas walking about, and he told the senior citizen (SDP member) that HE BUILD & OWN THE MARKET! And say SDP is not allowed to do business there! He wanted to tear SDP's poster and the senior citizen prevented him. If I was around would had captured want he said on Youtube & would have famiLEE LEEgime answered it at GE.:mad: Corrupt arrogant greedy bastards!

:oIo:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, confirmed as I went there for my favourite Chai Tau Kuay and it is closed as well as the Yu Char Kuay. The porridge stall is open however. It is good as the way it was built was quite awkward.

Wait! Don't confuse people, which one you are talking about? Blk 85(Mata-Chu) or Blk 16(Temasek JC)?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This market the prices are one of the cheapest in Sinkieland....after reno up prices liao

There is a coffee stall selling cheaper than another and I asked why, they said the stall is owner-operated unlike the other which was rented from the original owner.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This market the prices are one of the cheapest in Sinkieland....after reno up prices liao
i like the hokkien mee which sell only in the night and the fishball noodle oppo the hokkien mee stall.:biggrin:
fishball noodle must eat dry with the chilli sauce, shiok.:biggrin:
the western food at the first row not bad tho.:biggrin:

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blk 85 mince pork noodle, the serving getting smaller. now i tink u can finish with 2 mouth.:mad:
bbq chicken wing nice.
sidetrack, sumtimes can see chio bu eating supper.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blk 85 mince pork noodle, the serving getting smaller. now i tink u can finish with 2 mouth.:mad:
bbq chicken wing nice.
sidetrack, sumtimes can see chio bu eating supper.:biggrin:

I used to go there in the early days after a date or a late night outing. Their minced pork is best with soup.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like the hokkien mee which sell only in the night and the fishball noodle oppo the hokkien mee stall.:biggrin:
fishball noodle must eat dry with the chilli sauce, shiok.:biggrin:
the western food at the first row not bad tho.:biggrin:

i know this place well used to go there often last time
hokkien mee daytime sells prawn noodles not bad cheap and good ($2.50 a bowl cannot find liao).
char kwayteow is famous hill street (got MBT and other MPs photo displayed).
satay beehoon stall also a favorite....carrot cake also only $2.....

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many happy memories there at 85.. Used to go for supper there when I was courting my wife.. Would order Carrot Cake, Char Kway Teow and Hokkien Mee and few pieces of BBQ Chicken wings.. Food is cheap and good..:smile:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Bedok South TJC market is SPACIOUS and airy very rare these days. It reminded me of old Queens Town Mei Ling Rd food center. Stall space are graciously big. Table space are way bigger than most others. These days Yucks they up rentals and prices and give people so little space, greedy famiLEE LEEgime KNN!:mad::*: