• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

21 strayed onto MRT tracks

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVERY time someone strays onto the MRT tracks, thousands of other commuters are likely to face delays of up to an hour - more, if the perpetrator is hit by a train.
So far this year, 21 people have fallen or found their way onto the tracks. Last year, 31 people did so, and 30 the year before, an SMRT spokesman said.

More than 70 per cent of the cases were intentional, that is, the perpetrators were drunk, high on drugs or trying to commit suicide.

The others had unintentionally slipped onto the tracks when they felt faint, lost their balance or were careless.

All the cases took place on the above-ground portions of lines operated by SMRT. SBS Transit, which operates the wholly underground North-East Line, has not had any cases of people straying onto the tracks since it opened in 2003.

Underground stations have platform screen doors that remain closed until a train pulls into the station.

As a safety measure, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said it would complete installing half-height platform screen doors at three above-ground MRT stations - Pasir Ris, Jurong East and Yishun - by the end of next year.

Though the LTA will fit the 1.5m-tall doors at the 33 remaining above-ground stations by 2012, it wants to assess their suitability first at these three stations, a spokesman said.

With the current world economic crunch/financial turmoil, numbers strayed onto the tracks set to rise. Deliberately or unintentionally. :rolleyes:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>So far this year, 21 people have fallen or found their way onto the tracks. Last year, 31 people did so, and 30 the year before, an SMRT spokesman said.

More than 70 per cent of the cases were intentional, that is, the perpetrators were drunk, high on drugs or trying to commit suicide.

The others had unintentionally slipped onto the tracks when they felt faint, lost their balance or were careless.<<<

What crap! Lie also don't know how!! Speak the whole TRUTH!!

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
got noting againt ppl who want kill themselves but go jump from high storey or drown lah. mrt jam many suffer :(

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is correct. No one can stop those who want to end their lives. Seeking attention while committing suicide achieves nothing as the dead cannot reap anything beneficial, posthumously from this world. Think of the suffering and economic loss brought onto others through a suicide. It is better to live and contribute to yourself and others!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is correct. No one can stop those who want to end their lives. Seeking attention while committing suicide achieves nothing as the dead cannot reap anything beneficial, posthumously from this world. Think of the suffering and economic loss brought onto others through a suicide. It is better to live and contribute to yourself and others!

Won't asking your owner to be less greedy help? U sound like some Wee bitch. U really not afraid of retribution meh?

wsm.jpg

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am religious, I can only do what I feel is my best, and let the tally during my final judgement determine whether I am subject to retribution and the extent of retribution I am liable. I would not haggle and argue with my religious Maker/s on whether my individual actions qualify as a net postive in my lifetime karma P&L accounts. That, I believe, should be the path of a devout religious believer.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure her personal inappropriate actions will stay with her as a lifelong lesson and that she is endeavoring to improve herself as a person and for Singapore. It is not easy to walk away when google continues to register 26,000 hits for her name and her actions are still recorded on Wikipedia. I am sure some her school mates at her current institution of study are aware of her past actions. But she deserves a second chance and given her strong intellectual capabilities, she has a chance to redeem herself by contributing to the local and internationl community. Folly of the youth can be redeemed by wisdom put to good use, acquired through experience in life.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incidentally, moniker makapaaa, have you set yourself on invisible mode in this forum? If so, there is no need to do so. You have never done this prior, and there is no need to do so now.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we can't blame those pple that strayed onto MRT tracks, i think due to the high increase in electricity bills, they're probably trying their luck in hope to 'collect' some 'free electricity' from the high voltage track

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, no, no. I do not have a habit of stalking others. It was just a passing observation, since you have been making contributions to this forum in the last few days and your moniker status is not reflected as logged in, as compared previously.

sufferwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure her personal inappropriate actions will stay with her as a lifelong lesson and that she is endeavoring to improve herself as a person and for Singapore. It is not easy to walk away when google continues to register 26,000 hits for her name and her actions are still recorded on Wikipedia. I am sure some her school mates at her current institution of study are aware of her past actions. But she deserves a second chance and given her strong intellectual capabilities, she has a chance to redeem herself by contributing to the local and internationl community. Folly of the youth can be redeemed by wisdom put to good use, acquired through experience in life.

she doesnt need a second chance cos she will be protected no matter what she does.. that her dad hardly sound apologetic or remorseful over her comments would suggest her attitude is ingrained in the family..

thanks to wikipedia, her words will always come up to kick her in her balls (er..crotch).. or she is also immortalised at www.insanepoly.com

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alas, I cannot change preconception made. I hope such preconceptions are limited only to me, and not others. Such negative preconceptions on others, applied too extensively, will build a very negative mental picture of the world and will detrimentally affect relationships with other people in society. I appeal to you not to head down such a path further, if you have already began.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alas, I cannot change preconception made. I hope such preconceptions are limited only to me, and not others. Such negative preconceptions on others, applied too extensively, will build a very negative mental picture of the world and will detrimentally affect relationships with other people in society. I appeal to you not to head down such a path further, if you have already began.

Alas, you really like ah mah very long winded leh :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
EVERY time someone strays onto the MRT tracks, thousands of other commuters are likely to face delays of up to an hour - more, if the perpetrator is hit by a train.
So far this year, 21 people have fallen or found their way onto the tracks. Last year, 31 people did so, and 30 the year before, an SMRT spokesman said.

The others had unintentionally slipped onto the tracks when they felt faint, lost their balance or were careless.

All the cases took place on the above-ground portions of lines operated by SMRT. SBS Transit, which operates the wholly underground North-East Line, has not had any cases of people straying onto the tracks since it opened in 2003.

Underground stations have platform screen doors that remain closed until a train pulls into the station.

As a safety measure, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said it would complete installing half-height platform screen doors at three above-ground MRT stations - Pasir Ris, Jurong East and Yishun - by the end of next year.

Though the LTA will fit the 1.5m-tall doors at the 33 remaining above-ground stations by 2012, it wants to assess their suitability first at these three stations, a spokesman said.

With the current world economic crunch/financial turmoil, numbers strayed onto the tracks set to rise. Deliberately or unintentionally. :rolleyes:
Why can't these people go and die somewhere else without bringing inconvenience to thousands of people?