• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2018 World Cup Thread.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
World reacts to dumb Sergio Ramos own goal celebrations

4ab7xi2.png

More at https://tinyurI.com/yblkqdyn

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Generation X sinkies are actually professional punters making a living through sport betting. Even Kranji Sportbuzz was full house during midnight of soccer season.

If one has a full-time job, where got the times and energy bet soccer matches till early morning 5am considering extra time and penalty shootout.
I dont think so
Many gen x are in big debts which you might not know. Gen x might just stretch their hand for money or let parents bail them out.
Gambling is a sure lost biz when you have totally no control of outcome, too random, probability is very low.
Play within your means and have fun most important. Do not get addicted.:biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think so
Many gen x are in big debts which you might not know. Gen x might just stretch their hand for money or let parents bail them out.
Gambling is a sure lost biz when you have totally no control of outcome, too random, probability is very low.
Play within your means and have fun most important. Do not get addicted.:biggrin:

In Livewire especially the one in Middle Road most punters are likely born between 1965 to 1978 groups of people.

Many of the 40 to 53 years old people already had their housing loans fully redeemed. But the only thing is group of people are jobless and a few are divorced.

Generation X majority had substantial savings to gamble and people at around the age of 50 still asking their parents for money must be damned useless sinkies :thumbsdown:

It’s ok to gamble for fun but not try make a living out of it :smile:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
After SK beat Germany 2-0 and Russia managed to kick top-favourite Spain out of the WC, I kinda lost my perspective on what's possible.
OK. I will place my virgin bet on Japan to win. Lol what's the minimum bet at Singapore Pools? $1 ?

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am amazed by those who can stay up the whole night watching the matches... :biggrin:
Later this evening at about 9.30pm, I'm going to walk to the CC near my HDB flat again to watch:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage#Brazil_vs_Mexico
fifa.com/worldcup/matches/match/300331535/#match-liveblog
youtube.com/watch?v=OFGBXAruA0E
followed by walking out of the CC to eat something, and then walking back to watch:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage#Belgium_vs_Japan
fifa.com/worldcup/matches/match/300331551/#match-liveblog
youtube.com/watch?v=v4NCtiaqZd0
youtube.com/watch?v=SpjqC-0BTaI
before finally walking back home!
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset