• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2013 - Which Browser is better?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which browser is now best?

IE
Firefox
Chrome
Opera
Pale Moon
etc

Never wanted to touch Internet Explorer since I tried Netscape in 1997......:biggrin::biggrin:

Your recommendations, plse......

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
IE browses just fine for me. Depends what you want your browser to do i guess. Don't think there are huge differences.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I am on Windows, I use Mozilla Firefox, on Macs, Safari on iPhone/iPad Safari...nothing else. I feel I do not need to know so many browsers?, unless I am a developer or a coder!

I avoid IE, unless it comes default & can not change..

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every browser works fine for me, except for IE.

With IE, I cannot post in this forum (Enter key doesn't work). Only IE has this problem.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every browser works fine for me, except for IE.

With IE, I cannot post in this forum (Enter key doesn't work). Only IE has this problem.

Now I have company, wanted to ask this question too, Safari, Mozilla I can log in & post, except IE, anybody knows why??

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which confirms our Civil serpents are also a bunch of retards. Always remember to use IE otherwise their system will not accept online payments for passports, visa renewals and what not.

The other retard is Tiger Air. Use IE so you can make online payments.

Both will happily let you enter pages of form details and kick you out at the last minute.

Statutory boards of the Singapore Government uses IE. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which confirms our Civil serpents are also a bunch of retards. Always remember to use IE otherwise their system will not accept online payments for passports, visa renewals and what not.

The other retard is Tiger Air. Use IE so you can make online payments.

Both will happily let you enter pages of form details and kick you out at the last minute.

More like a bunch of penny-pinching misers, who won't port legacy online apps to work on a modern browser.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have heard that Chrome is fast but have also heard that Google spies on it's users.
I already have the PAP to worry about so will avoid Google, ahem I mean chrome:smile:

Really, what do they spy on? I've been using Chrome, it is much faster than IE on my computer.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
IE browses just fine for me. Depends what you want your browser to do i guess. Don't think there are huge differences.

Oh, you don't know. If you ever use a Chrome, you will know what kind of problems that IE does not have. Chrome is not perfect. :cool:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, you don't know. If you ever use a Chrome, you will know what kind of problems that IE does not have. Chrome is not perfect. :cool:

How about creating TH or ST browser?
At least started with all statutory boards...
Sinkies will be very proud of.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can access all major SG banks' internet banking services without IE. For brokerage, I use Philips, no need IE too.

It's cheaper to trade Malaysian shares through a Malaysian broker, no gst fees, no holding fees, ...
I use a Malaysian Maybank account for these trading activities.

I can use any browser to access the other online bank features except for online trading. MUST use IE for that. It has something to do with Active X. Can actually use Firefox if I use an extension that allows Firefox to run Active X

Last edited:

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's cheaper to trade Malaysian shares through a Malaysian broker, no gst fees, no holding fees, ...
I use a Malaysian Maybank account for these trading activities.

I can use any browser to access the other online bank features except for online trading. MUST use IE for that. It has something to do with Active X. Can actually use Firefox if I use an extension that allows Firefox to run Active X

Well I don't use live quotes, so maybe that's why my browser is sufficient.

I don't trade M'sian shares. Don't trust them.