• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2012 Olympics: Nation Power Rankings for Day 7...USA#1

ponzii

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284502-2012-olympics-nation-power-rankings-day-7-edition/page/11

1. USA

Total Medals: 6

The Americans didn't bring home the most medals on Day 7, but the ones they earned were significant enough to bump them up over Great Britain.

Michael Phelps won another gold today—his 17th career gold and the fourth one for him in 2012. He did so by beating South Africa's Chad le Clos and Russia's Evgeny Korotyshkin by .23 seconds in the 100-meter butterfly.

15-year-old phenom Katie Ledecky almost broke a world record in the women's 800-meter freestyle, beating the field by over four seconds. Unbelievable.

Missy Franklin bounced back from a disappointing Day 6 to earn her third gold medal of these Games, winning the 200-meter backstroke in world-record time.

Oh, by the way, the Americans also earned a silver medal in the men's 50-meter freestyle and a bronze in the women's 200-meter backstroke.

Finally, U.S. track and field star Reese Hoffa won the bronze medal in the shot put. It was a huge day for Team USA, and it is the top nation so far in these 2012 Summer Games.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its really amazing tat the Yanks do soo well when their winners are paid a fraction of what sinkie and other nations pay their 'winners'.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its really amazing tat the Yanks do soo well when their winners are paid a fraction of what sinkie and other nations pay their 'winners'.

Monetary incentive as motivation in Olympic sports has the same logic as high politicians salaries prevent corruption.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
team BG athletes do not receive money for medals.. sinkie athletes will wonder why they do what they doing, and can never understand..

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Their motivation is different they dream about it, and its sport to them. When it comes to the US of A many FT who live there hold dual citizenship and are American and something else and when it comes to the olympics opt to represent their other nationality - for example today Maria Sharapova is playing Serena Williams for the Gold Tennis Final but Sharapova has lived in Florida since she was young. Even UK running sensation Mo Farah moved to Oregon. The list goes on and the funny thing is the Americans welcome such people and even enjoy competing against them. When Asians lose its a big deal but to Americans, losing is part of the fun of it. That might be one reason the Americans are so good.

Not the case when the Chinese loose. What a pathetic culture.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the PRC lovers can watch the low class PRCs hit a stupid shuttlecock on Sat and Sun for some medals. Funny how the PRC cannot compete in the truly competitive sports that matter. Its like the PRCs are the bottom dwellers of the Olympics - badminton and trampoline. Sports that anyone can do and no one cares about. Talk about losing respect for a nation.

While the rest of the world watches tennis - not the toy children ping pong game the PRC plays - and the 100M race later tonight.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the Yanks more open minded...if i were the USA, I will charge Maria with treason and exile her from the USA, n freeze her assets...no money no talk...but i not the US of A

Their motivation is different they dream about it, and its sport to them. When it comes to the US of A many FT who live there hold dual citizenship and are American and something else and when it comes to the olympics opt to represent their other nationality - for example today Maria Sharapova is playing Serena Williams for the Gold Tennis Final but Sharapova has lived in Florida since she was young. Even UK running sensation Mo Farah moved to Oregon. The list goes on and the funny thing is the Americans welcome such people and even enjoy competing against them. When Asians lose its a big deal but to Americans, losing is part of the fun of it. That might be one reason the Americans are so good.

Not the case when the Chinese loose. What a pathetic culture.

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One billion vs one: Michael Phelps' one-man medal haul could match all of India

<cite class="byline vcard"><abbr title="2012-08-03T20:49:10Z"></abbr></cite>
132467812.jpg

Debbie Phelps: Michael will hang up his goggles

149764417-jpg_212140.jpg

Gold medallist Michael Phelps (Getty Images)

LONDON – Saturday will be the first time in his life that Michael Phelps has managed to catch 1.24 billion people from behind. Move over, India. You’re about to have company on the all-time medal podium.

With Phelps a virtual lock to capture his 22nd career medal in the 400 medley relay on Saturday night, he’ll tie with India at 22 on the all-time podium. That’s right, Phelps has accomplished as much in his Olympic career as all the athletes in India’s history combined – men and women. Not bad for one guy vs. one billion plus.

Not that India should feel bad. When Phelps hits the 22 mark, he’ll move into a tie for 54th place on the all-time country podium. As in, 54th in the total medal count of every … single … country … in the modern Olympics. In forever. At least India can claim a tie.

Countries like Morocco (21), Thailand (21), Lithuania (16), Chile (13), and Venezuela (12) are all looking up at the one-man medal machine.

And while Phelps has ruled out the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Americans can take heart. He surely made the decision without the knowledge of where he stands on the all-time medal board. Ireland and Nigeria are sitting at 23 … and they’ve really been asking for it.

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

149684100_540x405.jpg

4 August 2012 Last updated at 14:43 GMT

Serena Williams beats Maria Sharapova to win gold medal

Serena Williams of the United States thrashed Russia's Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-1 in 63 minutes to win the women's singles gold medal at London 2012.

Williams dropped 17 games all week and has won all of her 17 matches since losing to Virginie Razzano at the French Open on 29 May.

It was the most comprehensive Olympic women's singles final win.

Making history

• Williams joins Germany's Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi of the United States and Spain's Rafael Nadal as only players to have won all four Grand Slams and Olympic gold in singles
  • The USA are now the most successful nation in women's singles with five golds and four bronze medals
  • Russia have now won five of 12 women's singles medals in the four Olympic Games held this century
  • Victoria Azarenka won bronze to hand Belarus their first medal in tennis

French Open champion Sharapova takes the silver medal and world number one Victoria Azarenka of Belarus bronze.

"I didn't think I would be this happy," said Williams, who plays in the doubles semi-finals with her sister Venus later on Saturday.

"Oh my gosh, I got the gold. I've never played better. Playing against someone like Maria you have to be at your best. I knew that, so it was like I had nothing to lose.

"I never expected gold in singles. I was so happy with my doubles golds [in Sydney 2000 and Beijing 2008]. I thought, 'If my career's over I have my gold medal and now I have everything.'

"I have singles, doubles, actually everything there is to win in tennis. Where do I go from here?"

Sharapova added: "Serena played some incredible tennis, with the form she was in during Wimbledon and afterwards.

"With every match she has played she has played great, she has improved and become better, and that showed today."

Top seed Azarenka beat Maria Kirilenko of Russia to take bronze.

"It is just like everything came off my shoulders," said the Australian Open champion. "It was an incredible match.

"I felt so nervous because it is not very usual for a tennis player once you lose to come back the next day and play, so it was incredibly hard but I am so glad I did it and it was worth it."

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[

15-year-old phenom Katie Ledecky almost broke a world record in the women's 800-meter freestyle, beating the field by over four seconds. Unbelievable. ]

Katie must be dopping according to John leonard logic...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah....serve Maria the traitor right for betraying her adopted country...if not for the usa..will maria have today? did russia give her the opportunity??

149684100_540x405.jpg

4 August 2012 Last updated at 14:43 GMT

Serena Williams beats Maria Sharapova to win gold medal

Serena Williams of the United States thrashed Russia's Maria Sharapova 6-0 6-1 in 63 minutes to win the women's singles gold medal at London 2012.

Williams dropped 17 games all week and has won all of her 17 matches since losing to Virginie Razzano at the French Open on 29 May.

It was the most comprehensive Olympic women's singles final win.

Making history

Last edited:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Day 8 was amazing for the USA! Congrats for all the medals in Tennis, Track and Field, and the sports that really matter.

Too bad the poor PRC can only win in Badminton, trampoline, and children game ping pong. No one cares about these low class events so its good the cockaroach PRC stoop low enough to clear it.

A new low: Today in track and field the PRC won walking! Ha ha ha ha The USA runs while the PRC walks!

ON Day 9 more PRC medals coming in more...........Badminton! Ha Ha Ha what a joke.

What a joke!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
team BG athletes do not receive money for medals.. sinkie athletes will wonder why they do what they doing, and can never understand..

they get lucrative commercial endorsements like coca cola, addidas etc ,,,, especially if handsome atau pretty ....:o

Ou812

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most of them are going to become millionaires after they win a high profile event their big brands come knocking. The American Gynmanst Gabby Douglas will be very wealthy soon Usain Bolt has a net worth of $20 million dollars

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of them are going to become millionaires after they win a high profile event their big brands come knocking. The American Gynmanst Gabby Douglas will be very wealthy soon Usain Bolt has a net worth of $20 million dollars

Read earlier posts...it private sector money.

It's akin to how sinkie PM like to drag in US ex presidents potential earning income from public speaking whenever issue of his highest pay is compared to US presidents.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not tax payers money...its private sector money,,,they can spend it on dog food for all i care..where as in sinkieland its tax payers money spent on PRC imports...tat is corruption