• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

200 SGs turn up at Hong Lim to protest

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - 200 SGs turn up at Hong Lim to protest</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:00 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 6) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>52181.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>About 200 Singaporeans turn up at Hong Lim Park to protest against PAP’s pro-foreigner labor policies

PostDateIcon.png
June 4th, 2011 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Temasek Review |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

About 200 Singaporeans turn up at Hong Lim Park this evening to protest against the PAP regime’s pro-foreigner hiring policies with many of them wearing black in solidarity with our local PMETs who have been displaced from their jobs by cheaper foreign workers.

(Photo by Mandy Mary)
The event was organized by Transitioning.org, an NGO dedicated to helping unemployed and retrenched Singaporeans and was the first event held at Hong Lim Park in the aftermath of the 2011 General Election.
Mr Gilbert Goh, the NSP candidate for Tampines GRC started the evening by calling on the PAP regime to adopt a ‘Singaporean first hiring policy’ like other First World countries. A white banner emblazoned with the words in red “Employ Singaporeans first” was hung behind.
According to Mr Goh, the lack of such a policy led to an unfair playing field in the labor market with employers having the upper-hand as they are able to recruit foreign workers who are willing to accept lower pay with ease.
He also highlighted how the ‘S’ and “E’ passes were abused by employers and agents alike to bring in more foreigners at the expense of Singaporeans.
Many of the participants at the event were young Singaporeans in their 20s and 30s. Also spotted among the crowd is NSP candidate for Pioneer and former NCMP Steve Chia.
We spoke to one couple June and Jason who are final year graduates in engineering at NUS. Jason expressed concern at the large numbers of foreign ‘engineers’ in Singapore:
“I am very worried about the job situation now as I heard from seniors that employers will use foreigners with Masters and years of experience to depress the wages of fresh graduates. Even with a first class honors, I don’t expect to get more than $2,900 monthly upon graduation.”
Retiree Poh Nam Seng was a NSP supporter who was there to lend support to Mr Goh.
“I think it’s good to highlight such issues again and again. The GE may be over, but the PAP must remember not to take Singaporeans for granted,” he said.
As a result of the PAP regime’s unthinking and indiscriminate pro-foreigner and ultra-liberal labor and immigration policies, the median income of Singaporeans have remained stagnant at $2,500 monthly while their domestic purchasing power has decreased to below that of the Malaysians.
View the photos of the event on (unofficial) TR Facebook here

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=center> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the following questions.

1. How come a protest is organised and so few people know about it? I did not know of thisif not I will show up with some more people.

2. How about organising a protest on CPF. Guarantee 1 million people will lend support.

knnpapccb

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. How come a protest is organised and so few people know about it? I did not know of thisif not I will show up with some more people.

2. How about organising a protest on CPF. Guarantee 1 million people will lend support.

I think it is a BS! There is not even a ghost in that photo.
:(

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

True, the protest event was not announced otherwise more people will attend. Anyway, Singapore tripartite system is a flawed activity. Employee represented by employer head who is Lim Swee Say who also represented governtment who is pro-employer too. How silly can that be? Lim Swee Say still have time to discuss and think? GE2015 is not too far away for him to quickly get his act correct. His sincerity is put to test now after almost lose the EAST COAST GRC recently and he think only Raymond Lim is the culprit and made the scapegoat.

Last edited:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn Xia Suay

You think Private employers are forced to employ foreigners by their neck?

They just choose the best by free will

And these sinkie local trash cannot even match up to the high :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:standards

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Singaporeans dun has the balls to protest down the streets. My gf elder sister with NTU accountancy degree jobless for 2 years even voted for PAP in Holland-Bukit Timah GRC :biggrin: