• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 Interesting Questions

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q: What is your advice to professionals?
A: Like Narayan Murthy had said - love your job and not your company because you never know when your company will stop loving you. In the same lines, love yourself and your family needs more than the company's needs. Companies can keep coming and going; family will always remain the same. Make money for yourself first and simultaneously make money for the company, not the other way around.

Q: What is your biggest pain point with companies?
A: When a company does well, its CEO etc will address the entire company saying, 'well done guys, it is YOUR company, keep up the hard work, I am! with you." But when the slowdown happens and the company does not do so well, the same CEO etc will say, "It is MY company and to save the company, I have to take tough decisions including asking people to go."
So think about your financial stability first; when you get laid off, your kids will complain to you and not your boss.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
How true when I was young I keep on working for a jap company that pay peanuts compare to other similar MNC companies. At the end of the day when they shut down there was nothing extra just a small token and my last month pay. The fucking union got to cheek to come and tell us just take it its better than nothing.
Now to the present we sweat and toil under a hot train day in day out to ensure there are enough trains to run so as the public don't KPKB and at the end of the day a FT CB can tell her master and the public how much she made for them and the company. A lot of people say but your bonus high what working for the govt sector. Well I got news for those what say that FYI the company I am working for is not a govt sector and most of the time we get less than the govt sector in terms pay n bonuses. When govt say "Good times ah! Bonus can go up " my company will start telling us we are not govt sector ok but when govt say bad times are coming bonus down u can bet your last dollar our company will be 1 of the 1st to jump onto the ban wagon.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in school, I remembered I was once asked "why do business exist" my reply was "to make money" and though many of my classmates disagreed with me, the lecturer agreed wholeheartedly.

From a business stand point, its primary existence is to make money and your existence is to fulfill that goal.

From your stand point, your primary goal is to make money. It don't matter which business you work for, as long as they make you good money, their business is yours.

I've made it a point to my bosses that if I'm gonna get better pay working elsewhere, I will. Most of them can't accept it calling me un-loyal or traitor, but to be loyal to them is to betray myself.

If a business really cherish me, they should be paying me what no other business will. It works that way on executive levels...

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
No if the business cherishes you the CEO will cuddle you and give you whatever you want.

Back in school, I remembered I was once asked "why do business exist" my reply was "to make money" and though many of my classmates disagreed with me, the lecturer agreed wholeheartedly.

From a business stand point, its primary existence is to make money and your existence is to fulfill that goal.

From your stand point, your primary goal is to make money. It don't matter which business you work for, as long as they make you good money, their business is yours.

I've made it a point to my bosses that if I'm gonna get better pay working elsewhere, I will. Most of them can't accept it calling me un-loyal or traitor, but to be loyal to them is to betray myself.

If a business really cherish me, they should be paying me what no other business will. It works that way on executive levels...