• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st ministar casualty

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew leaving us in the lurch!

Ah Lui sick of taking MRT during peak hour when it breakdown AGAIN. Not for the few millions salary. It's a sick job.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew leaving us in the lurch!

Will Desmond be sacked ? Time to get rid of all the generals. Totally incompetent.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shocking news!! LTY steps down... source: Yahoo news

Writing was on the wall after Moulmein-Kallang disappeared.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am distraught that Minister Lui Tuck Yew is stepping down.

Calvin Cheng
33 mins ·

I am distraught that Minister Lui Tuck Yew is stepping down.

I have known Mr. Lui since I was an 18 year old JC student when as a LTC in the Navy, he mentored me for the Temasek Seminar. He was very patient with me and taught me a lot, despite his busy schedule. Mr. Lui is kind, humorous and does not not have a single
bad bone in him. He also possesses a first-class mind.

Being Minister of Transport is a thankless job. Has there been a Transport Minister that has been loved? Yeo Ning Hong, Mah Bow Tan, Yeo Cheow Tong, Raymond Lim - his predecessors all had to deal with the same inherent un-squarable circles. To ensure a controlled population of cars needs a quota. But with a quota, prices go up as more affluent Singaporeans can afford to bid more. On public transport, every time prices go up by even 2%, people cry bloody murder. Yet, nobody wants to admit that fares have to be paid for either by taxes or commercially, and it is the same thing in the end.
Mr. Lui took over a public transport system in 2011 that faced many challenges. I do not want to go into details about the reasons here as it has been covered elsewhere, but suffice to say, it was not Mr. Lui's fault.

Under the circumstances, he did his level best. COE prices were stabilised, and the bus operation system changed to a public-private partnership model and tendered out to foreign companies.
The train system would take time to improve since MRT lines, unlike housing cannot be built in 4 years. Maintenance is difficult when unlike in other cities, entire lines cannot be shut down for months for repair.

In the meantime, Mr. Lui continued suffering abuse that he did not deserve. Whenever a train broke down, he was abused. Whenever, bus fares went up, he was abused. Whenever COE results were announced, he was abused.

I would like to ask everyone to take a moment and reflect whether any human being, doing his job, regardless of how highly he is paid, deserves such abuse.
If we continue to treat our public servants and Ministers like that, no pay will entice capable people from stepping forward to serve.

In such a scenario, Singapore will only get second-rate people to lead us, people who will gladly suffer abuse because they have no better option. The best people however do.
And if we get second-rate leaders because of this, Singapore deserves it.

In the meantime, from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you to Mr. Lui for doing a thankless job.
I am certain that in whatever profession he chooses after this, he will be a much happier man

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I am distraught that Minister Lui Tuck Yew is stepping down.

All i see Mr LTY is enjoying himself very much ! :biggrin:

tuckyew_zpse28e5c16.gif

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sad thing, when he was abused on social media, many of us did not step forward to defend him. Support matters in small ways.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sad thing, when he was abused on social media, many of us did not step forward to defend him. Support matters in small ways.

No need to be say. He is drawing more than $15k a month salary. Did he share part of his bonus or salary with you ? lol :wink:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN damn wayang.

LTY sent letter on 11 August and then LHL reply immediately on the same day? And so well written?

Want to bluff who siah?

PMO typed both letters and asked LTY to sign is it?

This is similar to LSS stepping down as Labour chief and LHL replying on the spot.

They will probably put KBW there, knowing he likes to work in embattled ministries i.e. MND

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have known Mr. Lui since I was an 18 year old JC student when as a LTC in the Navy, he mentored me for the Temasek Seminar.

Temasek Seminar was a PAP brainwashing session for the kids, I had attended it too.

I guess Calvin Cheng never grew out of the insidious programming. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In such a scenario, Singapore will only get second-rate people to lead us, people who will gladly suffer abuse because they have no better option. The best people however do.
And if we get second-rate leaders because of this, Singapore deserves it.

You mean second-rate 'leaders' such as this:

8JK7Wa6.gif

Dumbfuck Calvin Cheng... your supreme leader knows Lui Tuck Yew's stock is depreciating, so he got rid of him. Try barking up the correct tree, you rat-faced chihuahua. :rolleyes:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whats the point of adding trains when the fucking infrastructure couldnt support them? :rolleyes:

Typical PAP. If cannot solve problems just keep adding.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and the only handwritten portions are the top and bottom of the letter. the rest are all typed out i.e. using word template. LOL. no sincerity.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and the only handwritten portions are the top and bottom of the letter. the rest are all typed out i.e. using word template. LOL. no sincerity.

The only sincerity you would get from Lee Hsien Loong is his disdain for born and bred Singaporeans. He does not even hide that.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No need to be say. He is drawing more than $15k a month salary. Did he share part of his bonus or salary with you ? lol :wink:

as a cabinet minister, he draws much more salary than that.

pic_201201_06corr.gif