• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

19 people still trapped underground as six more saved from collapsed mine

FortuneFaded

Alfrescian
Loyal

19 people still trapped underground as six more saved from collapsed Shandong mine

Accident likely caused by another collapse at neighbouring gypsum operation

PUBLISHED : Friday, 25 December, 2015, 1:15pm
UPDATED : Friday, 25 December, 2015, 10:51pm

Staff reporter

9ab2e976-ab06-11e5-88e2-828a3e695a05_1280x720.jpg

A firefighter directs rescue work at the collapsed gypsum mine in Pingyi County, in east China's Shandong Province. Photo: Xinhua

Six more people have been lifted from a collapsed gypsum mine in east China’s Shandong Province tonight – but 19 others remain trapped.

A total of 29 people were working underground when the collapse occurred at about 8 am in Pingyi County, a county spokesman said. Four people escaped.

94e38a32-ab06-11e5-88e2-828a3e695a05_486x.jpg

Armed police unload wood for tunnel support in the collapsed mine. Photo: Xinhua

The accident at the mine owned by the Yurong trade company was likely caused by another collapse that hit a neighbouring gypsum operation, he said.

Rescue work is difficult as part of the underground tunnel has been blocked, one rescuer told Xinhua.

The State Administration of Work Safety has sent a team of experts to the site.

According to the official microblog of China Earthquake Networks Centre, the collapse caused a 4-magnitude earthquake in Pingyi County.

The shock affected local rail service, with 10 freight trains halted and eight passenger trains delayed on Friday morning, All trains had resumed service by 12:15pm.

197a914a-aac7-11e5-88e2-828a3e695a05_486x.jpg

Excavators and bulldozers are still searching for signs of life in Shenzhen. Photo: Xinhua

It comes as the more than 5,000 rescuers with over 700 excavators and bulldozers continue to shift through rubble for signs of life following Sunday’s landslide at an industrial park in the southern city of Shenzhen.

The number still missing is now 75 since one survivor was rescued on Wednesday morning. Four bodies have also been found.