• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

12 NCMPs Guaranteed Even After WP Loses Aljunied And Hougang! Samsters Happy Now?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP got lan yong? I dare you change the constitution to allow anyone with a minimum of 5% of vote to represent their constituents.

like advanced first world parliaments!

clearly another cheating way to ensure PAP dominance beyond 2020 in that voters get assured still got OPPO voice despite total defeat due to more votes for PAP from new shitizens to ensure victory.............. some addition of 500 000 new votes. Letz not forget that PAP wants 7 million population of citizens!!!!!

dirty shits start early for GE 2020

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Despite being against the "idea", the WP shot itself in the foot by accepting NCMP seats in the first place.
The pap even quoted SL as an example of why the new "idea" is useful.

The WP should never have accepted the NCMP seats in the first place and I rather have a 100% pap parliament than even a single NCMP,NMP and anyone not voted in by a majority vote (in a free and fair elections without fear and intimidation).

If a politician is serious about/welcome debate in politics ,they will never sue anyone for criticising them- they should instead rebut it openly and challenge any critics to offer proof. If a teenager can be jailed for expressing his opinions, what debate are we talking about?
If you want opinions, why control all the mainstream media?

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite being against the "idea", the WP shot itself in the foot by accepting NCMP seats in the first place.

The WP should never have accepted the NCMP seats in the first place and I rather have a 100% pap parliament than even a single NCMP,NMP and anyone not voted in by a majority vote (in a free and fair elections without fear and intimidation).

If a politician is serious about/welcome debate in politics ,they will never sue anyone for criticising them- they should instead rebut it openly and challenge any critics to offer proof. If a teenager can be jailed for expressing his opinions, what debate are we talking about?

Don't mind them, they are still adjusting to the new realities. Ask Yee JJ and Gerald Giam whether it helped them secure an MP seat. It is just like internship with no intention of hire. Is internship bad then? I have no doubt the scheme is good for Singapore and helps to keep the PAP ranks in check while securing its dominance for years to come. I just hope we never run out of hourly wage suckers. :biggrin:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

you saying WP has no principle or played into Pap's hand......... next GE another 500000 new shitizens voting for PAP so even NCMP increased to 40 seats no consequence............................. lying PAP think we are dumbshit to swallow hook, sinker and line

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
This time round WP firmly kanna thumbed down by PAP liao. Non-confrontational politics is not enough to please PAP liao. Ah Low must change tactic liao.

Even PM is taunting WP to raise important issues in Parliament:

PM Lee Hsien Loong, secretary-general of the People’s Action Party, yesterday described their parliamentary performance as “disappointing”. “Because when you go for election rallies, it’s very easy to make fierce rousing speeches. But when they come to Parliament, none of these issues are raised. Because they know that if in Parliament they raise those issues, face to face, in debate, they’ll be pinned down and the fallacies and insincerities will be exposed.

“So you voted for a tiger in the chamber and you got a mouse in the House. It’s one of these Frankenstein monsters. Every day it turns into a tiger, every night it turns into a mouse.”

jw5

Loyal
Well, at least Yee JJ and Gerald Giam had the courage to try, unlike you, the gutless coward. :rolleyes:

Don't mind them, they are still adjusting to the new realities. Ask Yee JJ and Gerald Giam whether it helped them secure an MP seat. It is just like internship with no intention of hire. Is internship bad then? I have no doubt the scheme is good for Singapore and helps to keep the PAP ranks in check while securing its dominance for years to come. I just hope we never run out of hourly wage suckers. :biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best wishes to Leon, Dennis and Daniel.

I hope all of you will be voted into Parliament in the next election as MP hence making the ruling party to think seriously about scrapping off the NCMP scheme :p

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best wishes to Leon, Dennis and Daniel.

I hope all of you will be voted into Parliament in the next election as MP hence making the ruling party to think seriously about scrapping off the NCMP scheme :p

For WP the issue is no longer about being voted into Parliament. The more pressing issue is what WP intend to speak about when they are in Parliament.

Free parking lots for MOE teachers ? Give me Desmond Lim anytime !

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
For WP the issue is no longer about being voted into Parliament. The more pressing issue is what WP intend to speak about when they are in Parliament.

More NCMPs ok what. We need more opposition to check on the WP.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are an advanced first world parliament. Look at our safe streets, high employment rates, high purchasing power, developed infrastructure, low corruption rate. You don't achieve all these with a 3rd world parliament.

You forgot to add .. more foreigners living and working in the island than any other country in the world, sinkie land is benevolent to other nationalities like a big charity house... if you have no jobs, come to sinkie land, if you have flats to live in, come to sinkie land...

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP are not MP elected by the people but are people approved by pappies. They are pseudo MP made to look as if they are there in Parliament to whack the pappies when in fact, they will simply sit and listen to the pappies' bullshit.

Give voting rights to these NCMP is just funny. Surely these NCMP know which side of their bread is buttered.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great news! No point having opposition in zsingapore. Don't waste my time going voting.

Vote for the oppie MP into Parliament, you get the real McCoy, the real oppie MP. As for the NCMP, he is not the real McCoy but a fake MP, not chosen by the people but appointed by the pappies. Would the pappies allow Roy or Amos to be NCMP? These two mad blokes will make the pappies' blood boil during debate.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP MPs should immolate themselves in Parliament. One per month. After they are done, WP politicians should continue the immolation in public areas - one per week.

Time for a revolution!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the Pappies are working in that direction, and the House of NCMPs will be able to veto public bills except money bills. Election will still be necessary in order for the country to appear democratic, but with a full-blown House of NCMPs the Opposition movement becomes redundant.

It's the best of both worlds for the current 70% populace where PAP continues to govern and Opposition can have as many voices in Parliament but without bite.

The system will then further evolve into House of Aristocrats versus House of Eunuchs.

precisely.
a crafty move by Pee And Pee
now scums could get 90-100% votes.
sillypootians would be assuming that they will be
represented by more oppositions in the parleement
and vote foolishly.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire opposition should just boycott the NCMP scheme. But there are too many egoistic opposition figures to ensure that this will never come to pass.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you are expecting them to ask what type of hard questions?