• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

11 World Cup players to look out for

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Star sinkie player of the 21st century best know for being yet another Asian trying to look "Ang Moh". A prolific goal scorer when no goalkeeper or defenders are present.

Definitely a star of the future and a player to watch in the next world cup.

header_players.gif

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="16%" valign="top">
MuhammadRidhuan2.jpg
</td> <td width="4%" valign="top">
</td> <td width="80%" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr bgcolor="#6598c1"> <td colspan="3" height="4">
</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#3e7daf"> <td colspan="3" height="2">
</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#cae4f8"> <td colspan="3" height="2">
</td></tr> </tbody><tbody> <tr bgcolor="#e8f2f9"> <td colspan="3">
Muhammad Ridhuan
</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#6598c1"> <td colspan="3" height="2">
</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Position: </td> <td width="50%">Defender/Midfielder</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Club:</td> <td width="50%">Tampines Rovers</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Date of Birth:</td> <td width="50%">6 May 1984</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Height:</td> <td width="50%">1.75m</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Weight:</td> <td width="50%">65kg</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Caps:</td> <td width="50%">44</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Non 'A' Appearances: </td> <td width="50%">3</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Goals: </td> <td width="50%">0</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">Debut: </td> <td width="50%">vs Qatar, 19 Nov 03</td></tr> <tr> <td width="5%">
</td> <td width="41%">First Goal:</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
the best way to enjoy the world cup is to keep an open mind, be a neutral
i hope the team with the most humble players win....

time to have an outsider win the world cup, very boring always the same teams winning....

but then, if new zealand wins soccer world cup...... then fifa will lose a big big amount of revenue...right?

so at the end of the day, its all about money....

not that i am sceptical...
i have watched and surpported England since 1970.....
better watch rugby....

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 11 players that will set the WC alight on based on thier individuals skills set & non dependent on their managers. In no particulat order -

1. Sotiris Ninis (Greece)
2. Marek Hamsik (Slovakia)
3 & 4. David Silva & Fernando Torres (If he's fit) (Spain)
5 & 6. mesut Ozil & cacau (Germany though theyre naturalised citizens)
7. gayboy Drogba (Cote D'Voire)
8. Sergio "Kun" Aguero (maradona's son in law - Argies)
9. Wesley Sneijder (Oranje)
10. Rooney, if he keeps himself injury free (England)

jw5

Loyal
All are already very well establish stars. Personally I would like to see some not so well known players shine. We get 1 or 2 every world cup. I'm putting my vote on Mesut Ozil from Germany this year. The guy was pretty impressive during the qualifiers.
Ozil will have a more prominent role since Ballack is injured.
I think 2 other players who will shine are Luis Suarez of Uruguay and Nani of Portugal. They will benefit from tight marking to their respective team mates Forlan and Ronaldo.

jw5

Loyal
there should be many players to look out for, why limit yourself to only 11?

lionel messi country mate....

Angel Di Maria
Current club: Benifica
Position: Winger

I saw him play in europa, at his young age, he has the guts to take shots and take on defenders. he has the creativity on the pitch.
Well, sumtime sum player could be good wif club but country, dey dun.
a player to watch...
He is a player of great potential, but he may not have the chance to play much due to the fact that his coach is Maradona.
Hope I'm wrong.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ozil will have a more prominent role since Ballack is injured.
I think 2 other players who will shine are Luis Suarez of Uruguay and Nani of Portugal. They will benefit from tight marking to their respective team mates Forlan and Ronaldo.

Hai Mmm hai ah? nani?

Suarez is injured & may play no further part in the WC.

jw5

Loyal
Hai Mmm hai ah? nani?

Suarez is injured & may play no further part in the WC.
Just heard that Nani is also out injured, there goes all my predictions. :(
It's amazing how many players have got injured in the run up to the world cup this year.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rooney warned over temperament

June 8, 2010

Wayne Rooney has been warned he risks being sent off in the World Cup if he behaves as he did during England's warm-up victory over Platinum Stars.

Within minutes of coming on as one of ten half-time replacements, Rooney subjected local referee Jeff Selogilwe to a tirade of abuse. He was reportedly unhappy that a string of fouls against England had gone unpunished.

"Rooney insulted me," Selogilwe told reporters. "He said, 'F*** you'. He's a good player when you see him on the television, but when you see him on the pitch he just keeps on insulting the referee.

"To me, it looks like Rooney insults people and fouls other players. If he insults a referee like me then he will use that vulgar language to other referees as well.

"He must learn to control his temper. He could get sent off in the World Cup, especially if he uses this kind of language."

Those comments will worry Fabio Capello, who is conscious that USA have been openly saying they are targeting Rooney's temperament as one of England's vulnerable areas.

But Jermain Defoe said Rooney's temper was "a good thing". "When you've got that fire in your belly as a player, if you take that away from him then he won't be the same player," he said.

Rooney himself refused to be drawn into the debate. "It was a good run-out," he said.

"We're ready. These games, against Japan, Mexico and today, have been preparation games. The big one's now on Saturday and I just can't wait. The sooner it comes, the better."

jw5

Loyal
Any bros here willing to up my points for 2 correct predictions? Ozil and Suarez?
Hehehe. :smile: