• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1 dish and plain rice every meal, that's how this family fights rising food prices

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good to be thrifty. Even the rich are thrifty, because that's how they got rich in the first place-by saving than throwing money away. However, families do need to prioritize funds for food literally on the table. While we adults can eat less, growing kids need to eat more for Human physical growth - carbohydrates, proteins, other minerals - chicken, fish, vegetables, fruits, etc. Should there be a lack of such, their growth will be hindered, & worse, become susceptible to sickness, & the costs for medical treatment for sure will cost more than the price of an egg.

Costs of staples are evidently up, due to many factors, but life have to go on. Lifestyles may need to change. Instead of eating out, perhaps cooking at home will help to offset living costs. A plate of chicken rice may cost $4 now, but if equally measured - it costs only est 60cts for the same amount & ingredients used if home cooked, but without labor, rents & other overheads & profits that a stall holder has to watch over.

It's ok to be poor, as some may had suffered setbacks in life, or encumbered with caregiving to kids or aged parents. Not everyone can be rich, but no one goes hungry in Spore. There are social services one can seek for help, as well as numerous charity organizations & groups that distribute food packs, even to the doorstep of homes. We Singaporeans leave no one behind.

However, it is not ok if someone have hands/legs yet refuse to work for an honest living. Here in our homeland, even for freelance simple honest work, one is paid between $12 to $15 an hour. Depending on the type of work - if one works merely 6 hrs a day for a casual 20 days within a month, he/she would have earned $1,800 cash, which can prudently feed a family of four for a month even in Spore. Most Singaporeans are hardworking & work at least 8hrs a day for 26 days a month, regardless if road sweeper or CEO of a company.

These are not the best of times, evident with so many crisis in this World, most often beyond our control. Thus it is best for one to be prepared always, have courage & be pragmatic, to survive not just for oneself, but for loved ones & all. One is not alone. We are all in these times together. Tough times will not last, but only tough, brave & perceptive Humans do.
Hope you don't mind my uncle asking- are you a leetired sg minister? :smile:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope you don't mind my uncle asking- are you a leetired sg minister? :smile:

Thank you for asking, but I am only an insignificant nobody & imperfect like all fellow Humans, in this metaverse. Seek no more as I am not important, but you are, as although one can do little, but one is an exponential number, with ability to touch another, to another & another. I only hope you will rather reflect on my words, & sieve truths/realities above the noise of cyberspace for yourself & loved ones, to progress & help fragile Humankind progress. :-)

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many products have you seen with made in Ukraine or russia on it? None.
These two vountries make nuclear power plants, fighter jet engines, planes, tanks, missiles that nobody wants.
Even their trains are imported from elsewhere.
I thought we are mainly talking of food in this thread since the title is

1 dish and plain rice every meal, that's how this family fights rising food prices?​

Why change the topic of discussion? Ukraine and Russia are 2 of the major suppliers of wheat, grains and also sunflower oil from Ukraine. On the sideline, German automakers depend on Ukraine for a lot of the wiring harnesses for vehicles. Do I need to remind you?

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you are mainly talking of food? Why change the topic of discussion? Ukraine and Russia are 2 of the major suppliers of wheat, grains and also sunflower oil from Ukraine. German automakers depend on Ukraine for a lot of the wiring harnesses for vehicles. Do I need to remind you?
Those grains can still be exported if not for sanctions.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those grains can still be exported if not for sanctions.
As you've said it yourself. Why is there sanctions? Because of the war. Why is there war and who made the first move to invade back in 24 February 2022? Because of fucking Russia.

Russia will also be taking full control of Ukrainian's grains and commodities if they will succeed in invading Ukraine. What good will this be for the Ukrainian farmers?

Last edited:

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aye! “Earnings one’s keep” a is crucial gene in our Sinkiestan DNA, but hor, if you look across the earning power vis-a-viz their spending power, you’ll get the new poor. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

KNN

Sheepie, wow wow west.
Sibei cheem.
Liat Boh Que.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fight inflation by earning more money each year. Isn't that a better way?
That's what I do as well and I have been telling those dudes in this forum. Whenever there is a crisis, there are also opportunities to be made. Adapt yourself to suit the situation instead of whining in this forum day in and day out and puts every blame to the ruling political party. If you don't help yourself, nobody will.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
@glockman

A kind samaritan donated a pkt of Cheekon Lice to Chao Turtle.

Knn heypi like fcuks.
Can last me a few months.

IMG_20220528_180100.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your argument here is all flawed and I have given up reasoning with you. I know you are just acting blur in support of Russia, but your deemed intention is clearly seen by all here. Supply chain disruption is only a very minute part of the cause. The war is the main culprit because Ukraine's farmers and industries can no longer produce their output. Buyers of Russian produce are now refraining from buying for fear of violating the sanctions and get themselves into conflict with America and the West. Thereafter, the other traditional suppliers are suddenly being overwhelmed with a high surge in demand due to this and they also cannot cope with it.

Where got port congestion in the Middle East and Asian countries? Want to bluff must also do so professionally. Really useless.
Next year will be worst for inflation as there is minimal planting season in Ukraine...so imagine how big the shortage of wheat will b next year . unless other wheat producing countries can pick up the slack

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next year will be worst for inflation as there is minimal planting season in Ukraine...so imagine how big the shortage of wheat will b next year . unless other wheat producing countries can pick up the slack

A good point about the crop supply for next year. I cant be speaking for other countries, but as a citizen of Spore, I can speak up on the needs - to be prepared. There are still 6 months to meet next year's supply. Importers of wheat will have to scramble to find alternatives NOW, & govt agencies can give consular assistance for the necessary requirements-SFA, Foreign Affairs ministry, Port Authorities, etc, as well as find ways to convince the population to switch for alternatives. Wheat is mainly used as flour to bake breads, pastries, etc, & there are many alternatives such as rice, tapioca, etc. or else we Humanity will always be entrapped in inflationary cycles.

Equally, as Spore is a port city where all the compass points of trade meet, it will be a biz opportunity for us. When other nations go into protectionism mode, it's excess produce will have to be sold or it will rot, as such as staples come with expiry dates. With the rise in the prices blamed upon supply chains such as fuel, other staple costs, labor, properties, etc, there will still be profits made, & a Redistribution of Wealth will be the order of day, as entrepreneurs cannot expect to KEEP profits to themselves, but to redistribute it as increases in salaries & tax revenues to their countries, which can be a source of income to salaries & revenues for govts of other nations on our shared planet, to keep afloat in these difficult times. Most nations are not self sufficient, eg - if they produce wheat, they do not produce rice. If they produce chickens, they do not produce sugar, etc, etc.

Some here on this thread had provided ideas on HOW to beat Inflation - being thrifty in these lean times, save up, look for additional honest revenues in their spare time to put food on the table, or improve oneself & switch jobs to higher value & pay, etc. There are many more ways, but the gist of it is to be be prepared & never ever live in fear, as our nature will always find a way to survive..