• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$0.9B SMRT scandal?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

An important role of the govt is to re-distribute wealth through taxes of the rich and help the poor. Subsidy shd be given to the poor based on cost and not on market rate.

The pap has hookwinked Singaporeans by using market rate rather than cost when it calculates subsidies. That shd not be the way how a govt cheats its poor. Cheating and making money from its poor and sick citizens is immoral

At worst, it should be at cost. Such as affordable public housing. HDB should publish the cost building of HDB flat.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
At worst, it should be at cost. Such as affordable public housing. HDB should publish the cost building of HDB flat.

Agree...the pap shd not hide behind fuzzy and manipulated HDB figures to cheat the poor.

Most Singaporeans are well educated now and the pap must come clean, be transparent abt costs. The pap must seek to regain the respect the people once had for the pap.

Making money is not everything in life

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree...the pap shd not hide behind fuzzy and manipulated HDB figures to cheat the poor.

Most Singaporeans are well educated now and the pap must come clean, be transparent abt costs. The pap must seek to regain the respect the people once had for the pap.

Making money is not everything in life

Quality of life and living is clearly not defined by money, although financial stability is key to quality of life.

I would not use the wordd "cheat" to describe the govt, nor PAP. But any good governance is always predicated on honesty, integrity, transparency, sincerity, etc.

Fundamentally, our govt must 以人为本. The well-being of Singaporeans must be at the core of its policies. I accept that some long-term policies could be bitter to swallow initially. Such as population augmentation. But what is disappointing is that the increase in population did not seem coordinated across various ministries. For example, was MOT in the loop of the population increase plan? If so, was the impact on commuters load taken into consideration in managing public transportation? The overly crowded MRT trains during peak hours suggest not. If we agree that there's failure to plan, I would not think that the govt is malicious - i.e. wanting to see our public transportation network collapse. Rather, I see negligence on the various govt depts. Are our govt depts disciplined and rigorous in policy formulation and implementation? I'm not so sure anymore.

And this is really depressing.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quality of life and living is clearly not defined by money, although financial stability is key to quality of life.

I would not use the wordd "cheat" to describe the govt, nor PAP. But any good governance is always predicated on honesty, integrity, transparency, sincerity, etc.

Fundamentally, our govt must 以人为本. The well-being of Singaporeans must be at the core of its policies. I accept that some long-term policies could be bitter to swallow initially. Such as population augmentation. But what is disappointing is that the increase in population did not seem coordinated across various ministries. For example, was MOT in the loop of the population increase plan? If so, was the impact on commuters load taken into consideration in managing public transportation? The overly crowded MRT trains during peak hours suggest not. If we agree that there's failure to plan, I would not think that the govt is malicious - i.e. wanting to see our public transportation network collapse. Rather, I see negligence on the various govt depts. Are our govt depts disciplined and rigorous in policy formulation and implementation? I'm not so sure anymore.

And this is really depressing.

You are very kind to the pap..Is the pap as kind to the poor and sick Singaporeans?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right bro!... points for you!

OoOoo... 2 ups in one thread. How impressive.

I think you found a keeper. Why don't you give him that 100 rep pt bonus you mentioned in another thread? Surely you still remember that.

Z

Zombie

u haf upz him 3 times oredi ...
he gotta make u wok harder! ... kip it up, man! ...

kinana is ah sam's tool to increase the traffic...
need to "strengthen" his tool whenever it has gone blunt.. :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

This one I donch know; Smrtee run the trains which they own, on tracks owned by LTA. Does smrtee pay LTA for the usage of these tracks to generate Smrtee revenue:confused: Please share share with sauce for reference:smile: Thank you.

you can actually find the contract details on the web... sorry can't remember where it is..

if I remember correctly:

1) under the old contract (ie NS, EW line)...
- infrastructures belong to LTA under the care of SMRT
- rolling stocks (ie trains) belong to SMRT
- SMRT is to maintain everything to certain operational standard

2) under the newer contract (ie circle line... NE?)
- infrastructures and rolling stocks belong to LTA
- LTA is to ensure proper maintenance
- SMRT is to pay LTA a certain sum of money specified in the contract for the purpose of maintenance

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a one night stand case, as long as the chio bu spread her legs and offer her abalone for screwing, does it matter whether is she really in love with you or just pretend. In all cases, it's irrelevant, just play along, because can screw can leow.:(

She happy, you happy, no strings attached.

kinana is ah sam's tool to increase the traffic...
need to "strengthen" his tool whenever it has gone blunt.. :biggrin:

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is so kind That's why we end up subsidising SMRT.

Can you explain to me how subsidising SMRT is a reflection of kindness of the PAP? Did the PAP use money from the party to subsidise? If the money is state funds, how is that a reflection of kindness?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had the PAP govt not subsidised SMRT, the consumer would have to pay for the upgrading of the tracks thru increasing fares sir.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had the PAP govt not subsidised SMRT, the consumer would have to pay for the upgrading of the tracks thru increasing fares sir.

Not so simplistic. Consumers may not necessarily pay more....the SMRT Management would have got less pay and the shareholders would be getting less dividend.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, given the status quo, all citizens are already paying more than the smrt fare stated........ and subsidising non citizens per trip. Because in the most simplistic logic, LTA use state money to maintain tracks, govt agencies give grants to the company, all these money come from the state. This is the underlying cost.

Take the total cost of these, plus the total fare collect from citizens and divide that total by the total trips made by citizens, that is the cost of the fares per trip. That's why the fares paid by non citizens are actually subsidized by citizens who are paying more than stated.

If the state has to subsidize a company listed on the sgx, then why get it listed where any positive economic benefits will be an outflow to shareholders. What does these shareholders contribute? Capital.

But, as more grants and subsidies are given to the company, all the proceeds from the disposal of the company will be returned to the buyer in the long run, and the company belongs to the buyer.

Imo, this is call spread legs let people fuck for free, then still got to take care of the baby at one's own expense.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Firstly, state finds do not belong to the PAP, which is the political party that forms the govt. Using state funds to provide for national transportation upgrade can hardly be construed as an act of kindness. This is expected of any decent govt. Unless you're saying the PAP is not a decent govt?

Secondly, the SMRT were making record profits year after year. Shouldn't part of the profits go back to upgrade tracks? You mean profits generated by SMRT shouldn't be re-channelled back to benefit the very people (commuters) who make the profits possible in the first place? 取之于民,用之于民难道不应该? Or do you advocate these profits be used to enrich SMRT's CEO, COO, board of directors, etc?

I expect to see your response to the two above questions, Mr. Kinan Sir, the wise one. Do not dodge/avoid.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best is still to fully liberalise the system Let SMRT charge consumers what they want and stop all subsidies from the govt

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The best is still to fully liberalise the system Let SMRT charge consumers what they want and stop all subsidies from the govt

You really are intelligent. Keep up the good work. More points for you.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please allow me to help Kinana on this. Because SMRTee is a listed company, therefore any profits belongs solely to the shareholders of the company. Tell me which listed company in sgx perform social services to such an extend as you require?

Secondly, the SMRT were making record profits year after year. Shouldn't part of the profits go back to upgrade tracks? You mean profits generated by SMRT shouldn't be re-channelled back to benefit the very people (commuters) who make the profits possible in the first place? 取之于民,用之于民难道不应该? Or do you advocate these profits be used to enrich SMRT's CEO, COO, board of directors, etc?

I expect to see your response to the two above questions, Mr. Kinan Sir, the wise one. Do not dodge/avoid.