• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

珍远记 XO Fishead soup at Balestier

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prawn paste chicken (ha chiong kai) and coffee pork ribs. ..At least 10 transit hotels ain case a quickie is needed before/after meal... Fragrance metres away.
Another popular dish is fished head curry (dry sauce type) and sambal fried rice.

Parking at next door balestier plaza (rear open air) will avoid the risks of price add ons. Only trouble with Fragrance is almost next to bus stop leh:p.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah, watching Dark Knight at Balestier shopping centre, went there early so go eat there lor....

This is a place where I will visit again next time if I'm nearby :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another popular dish is fished head curry (dry sauce type) and sambal fried rice.

Parking at next door balestier plaza (rear open air) will avoid the risks of price add ons. Only trouble with Fragrance is almost next to bus stop leh:p.

I tried the fish head curry (not dry sauce type). Pretty good. Never tried their sambal fried rice. Next time perhaps.

Drove past the place awhile ago. Boon Tong Kee opposite had more people makaning.

Yes, Fragrance there must be AWAS! Easy to kena spotted. Not only by those waiting for their bus but you never know who could be in the buses that ply that route. That Fragrance must be one of the few that has no back door access unlike many other 81s and Fragrances'.

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cost: $6 per bowl, think managed by Malaysian helpers

Thanks for the tips with pics. I seldom go to Balestier area but when I next have chance to be anywhere nearby or along the way, I'll surely go try. I like fish soup but sick and tried of a few miserable slices of fish for $4+/-. If I upsize to $5-6, they a give me a few more miserable slices. $6 for that in your pic, must try!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to go Balestier. They have a chain across the island, known as Hongkong Street XO fish soup. There is one very good one in Smith St. not the outside stalls along the street but in one of the shops on the inside. There's another good one opp the Alexandra Hospital at the Alexandra Village (behind the bus stop next to the AIA before turning into the car park). There is one also at Potong Pasir opp the temple. And another at East Coast Rd along Still Rd.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to go Balestier. They have a chain across the island, known as Hongkong Street XO fish soup. There is one very good one in Smith St. not the outside stalls along the street but in one of the shops on the inside. There's another good one opp the Alexandra Hospital at the Alexandra Village (behind the bus stop next to the AIA before turning into the car park). There is one also at Potong Pasir opp the temple. And another at East Coast Rd along Still Rd.

There was one at Holland Dr in the past. Now moved to Commonwealth Dr or in the vicinity. Boss known as Ricky. Must wait long long.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've tried the Smith street and Tan Quee Lan XO fish soup, trust me, its nowhere near this 1. Moreover the fish here is definitely thicker and much more affortable.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even this one has moved if I get yr location right.

Boss Ricky was featured in the past for being one of the arrogant hawkers. Fat, curly haired, thick gold chain, Rolex type of boss. He made no apologies for being stuck-up. But he was always nice to me. Helped him with some SS problems he faced.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss Ricky was featured in the past for being one of the arrogant hawkers. Fat, curly haired, thick gold chain, Rolex type of boss. He made no apologies for being stuck-up. But he was always nice to me. Helped him with some SS problems he faced.

simi is SS problem? Sweet Sauce? lol