• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini: Aguero will only get better

11 May 2015

842533header.jpg

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes star striker Sergio Aguero will continue to improve, despite already tormenting Premier League defences.

Aguero took his league-best tally to 25 goals with his third hat-trick of the campaign as second-placed City thrashed QPR 6-0 on Sunday.

The 26-year-old Argentina international has scored 31 goals in all competitions this term, while he has netted a total of 106 in almost four full seasons with City, having arrived in a big-money transfer from Atletico Madrid in 2011-12.

But Aguero can take his game to another level, according to Pellegrini.

"When I see Kun playing the way he played today I'm happy how he is improving. It is not the same Aguero that played one year ago," he said.

"He understands he must work harder, he receives a lot more ball. He is working harder during the week. In the way he continues improving, he will continue improving in the future.

"He is just 26. He must be a very important player in the future of this club. He was already but I think he must continue improving in the way he plays."

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aguero targets revenge over Chelsea next season

11 May 2015

842578header.jpg

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero sent a message to Chelsea for next season following his hat-trick in Sunday's 6-0 win over QPR, stating 'there is always revenge in football'.

Aguero produced a clinical demonstration of his finishing prowess with a fine treble at the Etihad Stadium, with Aleksandar Kolarov, James Milner and David Silva also on target as City confirmed QPR's relegation from the Premier League.

The result secured City's place in the UEFA Champions League next season, which was their only remaining goal after Chelsea cantered away to win the league title.

But Aguero told City's official website: "We lost a lot of points this season and now we are in a good form, having won four games in a row so we must continue like this for the two remaining games.

"We want to finish the best we can and start next season fighting for every title. This season wasn't as we expected but we will face new challenges next season and there is always revenge in football.

"The club will decide what players they bring in but our mind has to be the same and go for every title since the beginning."

Aguero now has 25 league goals and is in sight of winning the golden boot ahead of Tottenham's Harry Kane, who has 20.

"I'm happy with my hat-trick and now we have two games left so hopefully I can win the award but the most important thing is to qualify for the Champions League," Aguero added.

"To be second or third is the same in terms of Champions League qualification but we would like to finish second because we always want to finish as high as we can in the table."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho: Oscar will develop like Hazard next season

1295672_heroa.jpg

May 10, 2015 21:25:00

The Chelsea manager believes that the Brazilian will benefit from a full pre-season and insists that his priority for the summer transfer window is to keep his key players

By Greg Stobart at Stamford Bridge

Jose Mourinho has backed Oscar to emulate PFA player of the year Eden Hazard and star for Chelsea next season.

Oscar has been linked with a summer move away from Stamford Bridge but Mourinho believes that the Brazilian midfielder will benefit from missing out on the Copa America this summer with a thigh injury.

The 23-year-old has played in the World Cup, the Confederations Cup and the Olympics in the last three summers but will now get a full summer's rest before returning for pre-season.

Mourinho told reporters: "I have a feeling that Oscar, next year, can have the same evolution that Hazard had this season.

"He has never had a pre-season in his life because of tournaments but now he will have a pre-season because he is injured for the Copa America."

Petr Cech is expected to leave the Blues in the summer but Mourinho is keen to keep the core of his squad together after selling the likes of David Luiz and Romelu Lukaku last year to fund big-money signings.

"The first thing I want is to keep my players," said the Blues boss after the champions' 1-1 draw with Liverpool on Sunday.

"Last year I was keen to see some people leave and raise funds to buy other players. This year I'm so happy that what's fundamental is to keep these players."

Gomis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arsenal 0 Swansea City 1: Fabianski stars in smash-and-grab win

11 May 2015

842935header.jpg

Lukasz Fabianski came back to haunt Arsenal as Bafetimbi Gomis returned from injury to grab a dramatic late winner for Swansea City in Monday's 1-0 victory at the Emirates Stadium.

After a forgettable first half, Arsenal pummelled the Swansea goal after the break, but Polish goalkeeper Fabianski - who joined Swansea in the close-season after a seven-year spell in north London - made a string of superb stops to deny the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Nacho Monreal and Theo Walcott.

And Fabianski's contribution proved priceless as Gomis, who came on as a second-half substitute following a month-long lay-off with an ankle injury, headed home an 85th-minute winner, with goalline technology showing the ball clearly went in despite David Ospina's best efforts.

It was the second time Gomis has scored against Arsenal this term after he bagged in Swansea's 2-1 home win in November, and Garry Monk's side maintained their challenge for a sixth-placed finish that will offer UEFA Europa League football should Arsene Wenger's team beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup final.

Arsenal, meanwhile, have surrendered the advantage in the race for second to Manchester City with just two games remaining.

Wenger named the same starting XI for the fifth straight match, and the hosts had the first sight of goal when Olivier Giroud nodded Aaron Ramsey's cross over the bar.

Both teams struggled to create clear-cut chances, though, as Swansea's Jonjo Shelvey attempted an ambitious long-range half-volley - more out of hope more than expectation - that sailed well over.

Arsenal had tentative penalty claims waved by away referee Kevin Friend in the 27th minute when Alexis Sanchez claimed he was tugged to ground by Neil Taylor from a Santi Cazorla free-kick.

Arsenal continued to dominate possession as the half wore on, but aside from a 25-yard effort that Giroud curled wide, they failed to trouble Fabianski.

There was more intent about Arsenal's game after the restart and Federico Fernandez made a superb sliding block from Hector Bellerin's low centre from the right to deny Giroud a chance at goal.

Soon after, Giroud's clever flick was pounced upon by Sanchez who showed great strength to hold off Fernandez before shooting into the side-netting.

Arsenal continued to surge forward and Ramsey rifled into the side-netting, before Cazorla dug out a shot from the edge of the penalty area that Fabianski saved well low to his right.

Swansea were under siege, but Arsenal substitute Theo Walcott could only prod Bellerin's centre straight at Fabianski.

Fabianski was in unbeatable form, with Wenger left scratching his head when the Pole denied Monreal one-on-one before making a fine double save from Sanchez and Walcott in the 78th minute.

And Arsenal's profligacy was punished five minutes from time, as Taylor chipped in a cross from the left and Gomis leapt highest to head home, with Ospina's attempted save not enough to prevent the ball from crossing the line.

Pardew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monk challenges Swansea to take sixth

11 May 2015

842969header.jpg

Garry Monk challenged Swansea City to kick on and earn a sixth-place finish in the Premier League after they shocked Arsenal in Monday's 1-0 victory.

Swansea had to survive a second-half onslaught at the Emirates Stadium, but Lukasz Fabianski - who spent seven years at Arsenal before moving to south Wales in the close-season - pulled off a series of fine stops to keep Monk's side in the game.

And the visitors punished Arsene Wenger's team late on, as Bafetimbi Gomis returned after a month out through injury to head home an 85th-minute winner.

Swansea are now just two points adrift of sixth, which will offer UEFA Europa League football if Arsenal lift the FA Cup, and manager Monk would relish the chance to manage in Europe.

"What will be will be. The good thing about playing on Monday is that it meant we could see the results from the weekend," he told Sky Sports.

"Why shouldn't we be pushing and go on the hunt for them [the sides above Swansea]?

"We'll take it into the last two games and wherever that takes us so be it.

"I always want to manage. It's been a great journey early in my career. I'll never turn anything down. If that leads us to Europe then so be it. Whatever will be will be."

Swansea's win came after a fantastic defensive display that came at the expense of their normal expansive style.

And Monk says it is vital his team can play in different ways.

"I've tried to make the team adaptable," he added. "There's no one way to play - as a team you have to be able to adapt and this game was a perfect example of that.

"We didn't have a fit striker to choose from the start but I knew if it was tight in the last 20 minutes we could push for a winner."

Pochettino

Alfrescian
Loyal

QPR challenge FFP rules

11 May 2015

842721header.jpg

With their relegation from the Premier League now confirmed, QPR have challenged the Football League over charges relating to their breaches of Financial Fair Play rules.

QPR won promotion via the Championship play-offs last season, but were condemned to relegation on Sunday after a humiliating 6-0 loss at Manchester City.

In March, the club posted losses of £9.8million, but loans of £60m were written off.

It has been suggested that, upon their return to the Football League, QPR must repay that money, but on Monday the club released a statement confirming their challenge of any sanctions on legal grounds.

"Legal proceedings are ongoing between Queens Park Rangers Football Club and the Football League," the statement read.

"QPR challenges the legality of the Football League's Championship Financial Fair Play Rules and any charge against QPR (if any) for breach of FFP Rules shall not be commenced pending the outcome of that challenge.

"The proceedings are confidential in nature and neither party is entitled to comment upon the proceedings until the independent arbitral panel has delivered its decision."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger frustrated at Arsenal's finishing after Swansea City loss

1370202_heroa.jpg

By Peter Hanson
May 12, 2015 00:09:00

The Gunners boss was left to rue wasted opportunities after their defeat to Garry Monk's side but remains upbeat ahead of Sunday's important clash with Manchester United

Arsene Wenger felt Arsenal were punished for a lack of composure in front of goal during Monday's 1-0 defeat to Swansea City at the Emirates Stadium.

The hosts wasted several second-half opportunities as they were punished by a mixture of wasteful finishing and a top-drawer performance from Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski, who was playing at the Emirates for the first time since leaving Arsenal for south Wales in the close-season.

Bafetimbi Gomis subsequently headed home an 85th-minute winner to help Swansea complete a smash-and-grab victory.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Wenger said: "It's frustrating to lose, but there was a lot of positives. You play these games 20 times and you win 19, and the once when you lose was tonight.

"It was a question of maybe finishing better, being more patient and not making a mistake at the back.

"We did well, I cannot fault any individual player offensively. Maybe in the finishing we weren't calm enough, we wanted to rush and we needed more technique.

"You have to learn from defeat and take encouragement from a defeat like that."

Defeat leaves Arsenal three points adrift of second-placed Manchester City and, although the London club have a game in hand, Manuel Pellegrini's men have a superior goal difference.

Wenger now prepares his side for a visit to old rivals Manchester United on Sunday in what is a vital game for their hopes of claiming a runners-up spot this term.

"We have to prepare for our next game," he added. "The players are disappointed but we'll recover and get firing again on Sunday, it's an important game."

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pearson hoping Cambiasso will stay

11 May 2015

842833header.jpg

Nigel Pearson hopes survival in the Premier League could convince Esteban Cambiasso to sign a contract extension at Leicester City.

The former Argentina international was an inspired pre-season acquisition from the Leicester boss and has added much-needed experience on their return to the top flight.

Under Cambiasso's guidance Leicester have climbed out of relegation trouble with six wins in their last seven games and Pearson is keen to retain the 34-year-old if they avoid the drop.

"I hope he stays next season, of course I do, but he has already indicated he wants to wait until the end of the season," Pearson told the Leicester Mercury.

"If that is the case then fine but, for sure, we want to keep him and he knows that as well.

"His impact is difficult to quantify but it's been a very positive one, there's no doubt about that.

"If you take away the influence on other players and just look at his own performances, what he brings to the side in terms of his vision and game understanding, then I think he's been a fantastic addition to our squad.

"I know if he was five years younger we wouldn't have him, or two years younger even.

"But I'm very pleased he's with us and that he's contributed fantastically to the team's plight and situation."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hard work ahead to replace Gerrard, says Lallana

11 May 2015

842813header.jpg

Adam Lallana says Liverpool's midfielders must raise their game next season to compensate for the loss of Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard will join MLS club LA Galaxy at the end of this season, and the departing Liverpool captain offered evidence of his quality with the equaliser in their 1-1 draw with Premier League champions Chelsea on Sunday.

With only two games of his Liverpool career to go, Lallana has already begun to mentally prepare for life without the 34-year-old.

"I feel we're all going to have to give an extra percentage [to fill the gap left by Gerrard]," the England midfielder told Liverpool's official website.

"We all need to dig in and work hard because he is irreplaceable, really.

"I feel the best way to replace him is not just through one certain individual; it's going to be a combination of every single player.

"He's proved [against Chelsea] and last week [against QPR], coming up with a goal, what a man he is and what a player he is for this club."

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Race storm Man Utd scout: I deserved sacking but stand by Facebook posts

old-trafford_b9hz6t8bhdee1bfrnx8blmkmu.jpg

By Taylor Ledger
May 13, 2015 13:48:00

Danish scout Torben Aakjaer was dismissed in January after making a number of derogatory remarks against Muslims and immigrants, and he says he understands the club’s decision

The former Manchester United scout who was sacked earlier this year for making a number of racially offensive Facebook posts says he understands the club’s decision to dismiss him, but insists he stands by what he wrote.

Torben Aakjaer, who had joined United as a European scout in 2011, had his contract terminated in January after making a number of derogatory remarks towards Muslims, Eastern Europeans and immigrants.

Based in Copenhagen, Aakjaer removed the offending posts and originally claimed that while he had been behind some of the insults, he was not responsible for others and had never been racist.

After a brief internal investigation, Manchester United relieved him of his duties and Aakjaer says he has no complaints.

“I can one hundred per cent understand their decision,” he told PLBOLD.

“I chose not to file a case against them about the sacking. When I joined United, I signed a contract that instructed me to never mention players or possible transfers in or out of Manchester United, which I complied with 100 per cent.

“Unfortunately, I did not have enough insight to figure out that what I write on my personal Facebook account could display me and therefore the club in a bad light.

“With all the media attention that is around one of the world’s largest football clubs and brands, United had to react as they did - quickly and effectively.

“My bosses at the club tried to defend me, but the consequences of not firing me were too great for the reputation of the club. So, they did what they had to do.”

Despite admitting that his actions had caused him to lose his “dream” job, Aakjaer insists that he stands by his controversial remarks.

“Had I known that the journalist who slaughtered me would do so, I probably wouldn't have written any comments on Facebook except about football,” he noted.

“Not that I have changed my mind about what I wrote, I still believe the things I wrote. But had I known that I would lose my job, I wouldn't have expressed myself in that way.

“Working at United was a dream come true. I sacrificed everything to get the job. It is my son's favourite club and I had a lot of privileges and benefits, so I could visit Old Trafford and Carrington and talk to the players. But I cannot complain about what happened - it was my own fault.”

Aakjaer, who earlier worked as a scout for Hamburg, was asked which three players he thinks United should sign this summer in order to challenge for the Premier League once again.

“Ideally, it would be Jerome Boateng, Eden Hazard and Toni Kroos,” he said. “But, of course, that trio is impossible to obtain.

“Realistically, I would say Mats Hummels, Nathaniel Clyne and Luka Modric.”

SamAllardyce

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aguero reveals diet changes

12 May 2015

843027header.jpg

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has revealed a drastic change in his diet has been a key reason behind his form this season.

Aguero netted a hat-trick in City's 6-0 thrashing of QPR in the Premier League on Sunday, taking his league tally to 25 goals in 2014-15.

The 26-year-old Argentina international suffered from muscle injuries last season, and said that led to his diet change.

"I went to a doctor in Italy and he checked everything we did. And I had to change quite a bit - no more pasta, no more sugar and no meat, which I used to eat quite a bit because Argentinian meat is very good," Aguero said.

"Hopefully this season has proved that it has worked and I can stay the same until the end of my career.

"Touch wood, I haven't had any muscle injuries this season, only the knee problem."

While the knee injury slowed Aguero's season, he has found form late in the campaign - scoring in five straight games for eight goals in that period.

But, with the golden boot all but sealed, Aguero said all he wanted was for City to be successful.

"I started the season very well, but then got injured, and after I came back with the more minutes I played, I got better and better," Aguero said.

"I try to do that every season. I'm here to score goals and play as many games as possible.

"Every season is different - I hope I can keep scoring like this, but defenders now know me a bit better and defend against me in different ways.

"My job is to score goals, but what I really want next season is for City to win titles."

Manuel Pellegrini's men are 11 points behind Chelsea with two games remaining.

Gomis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Elia wants Southampton stay

12 May 2015

843094header.jpg

Southampton forward Eljero Elia has got his sights set on making his loan move from Werder Bremen permanent.

The Netherlands international joined Ronald Koeman's side in January from the Bundesliga outfit and made a strong start at St Mary's Stadium with two goals in his second appearance.

He has failed to score since, though, and been hampered by an ankle injury, but he hopes to have done enough to convince the club to sign him up.

"I want to stay 100 per cent, so it is to the club what they decide," he told the Southampton Echo.

"Otherwise, I have one contracted year with Werder Bremen. I will not stay at Werder Bremen, but I will go to another club then if they don't want me.

"I don't know [what my future holds]. They [Southampton] say nothing about it.

"I speak with the coach [Koeman] about it, who was positive."

Elia will look to impress further in Southampton's final two Premier League matches against Aston Villa and Manchester City, with a sixth-placed finish - and European football - still up for grabs.

Pardew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Baines sent to specialist for ankle assessment

12 May 2015

843103header.jpg

Everton will find out the extent of Leighton Baines' ankle injury this week after Roberto Martinez confirmed the defender had been sent to see a specialist.

Baines was substituted after 74 minutes of Everton's 2-0 defeat to Sunderland at Goodison Park on Saturday having picked up the injury.

It is the latest frustration for the England international, who has already missed parts of the season with hamstring, thigh and knee problems.

"We're going to find out a bit more in the next two days," Martinez told the club's official website.

"It was really, really painful in an area that has been a bit of a problem for Leighton.

"We'll get more clarity over the next 48 hours and clearly we'll address it once we get that information from the specialist."

Everton travel to Upton Park to face West Ham this weekend, before finishing the Premier League campaign at home to Tottenham.

Ospina

Alfrescian
Loyal

Williams happy to win ugly

12 May 2015

843248header.jpg

Ashley Williams admitted Swansea City's 1-0 win at Arsenal on Monday "wasn't pretty", but showed Garry Monk's side have more than one way of getting the job done.

Bafetimbi Gomis' late strike on his return from injury stunned Arsene Wenger's men at the Emirates Stadium to ensure Swansea could still secure a sixth-placed finish in the Premier League.

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski - who joined Swansea in July after a seven-year spell in north London - made a string of superb saves to frustrate the hosts.

Swansea have been accused of being one-dimensional in the past, but captain Williams said the performance in the capital showed they have the ability to roll up their sleeves.

He told the club's official website: "It's unbelievable. The season is getting better and better.

"It wasn't pretty from our point of view, but if you’re going to win at the Emirates, it's going to look a bit like that more times than not.

"I'm pleased with the character displayed by the boys - we were brave.

"We can play some lovely stuff, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the win. There’s no point in playing fluid stuff if you don't get the result.

"It reminded me a little bit of the Southampton game. Nobody thought we were going to get anything tonight, but the way we dug in was similar to that game.

"It was a real shift, but there's no better feeling than when you come away from home against a big team at one of the best stadiums in the world and keep a clean sheet and nick the win."

MesutOzil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depay can match Ronaldo - Fer

13 May 2015

843541header.jpg

Memphis Depay's Netherlands team-mate Leroy Fer believes Manchester United's new signing can be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo.

Depay is joining United from PSV in a deal, which was announced on Wednesday, believed to be in the region of £25million.

The 21-year-old has already been capped 15 times, and his international team-mate Fer – now at QPR – feels Depay can match the feats of former United and current Real Madrid star Ronaldo.

"I told him it’s a hard league but he’s a massive player and he’s going to be big in Manchester," Fer said.

"He’s not as tall as Ronaldo, but he’s still strong, and he’s got the same ability, scoring goals and he’s quick.

"Ronaldo is a bigger player than him right now because of what he’s done, but Memphis is only 21 years old and if he can be as good as Ronaldo was at Manchester United he is going to be a big player – I think he can be.

"He won’t be scared and that’s what I like about him. He will enjoy this [comparison] and he will be a big player."

Under United manager Louis van Gaal, Depay struck twice for Netherlands at the World Cup last year.

Fer said Depay's performances in Brazil came as no shock.

"He knows Louis van Gaal too and he will make him a better player as well," he said.

"It was no surprise what he did at the World Cup. I knew what he was like from seeing him in training and in games. He came on as a sub against Australia and got us the winner. He also scored against Chile."

Abramovich

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bony: Toure needs to stay at City

13 May 2015

843545header.jpg

Wilfried Bony has urged countryman Yaya Toure to remain at Manchester City amid growing speculation the Ivory Coast international is poised to leave the club.

Toure's agent was quoted last week as saying his client was "90 per cent" certain to leave City at the end of the season, with a move to Inter and a reunion with former boss Roberto Mancini becoming increasingly likely.

The 31-year-old, who has struggled for consistency this term, played a big role in Bony's move to Manchester from Swansea City in January and the latter is determined to see his Ivorian team-mate stay in England.

"I talk to him about it all the time. He knows what I think. He brought me here so he needs to stay," Bony said.

"He told me about this being a big club, how we were the champions.

"He told me it was a club that always fights - and I am always a fighter so I liked that. He told me about the pressure, everything.

"For sure everyone wants to keep him here. He's a legend for this club for sure, he always will be.

"We hope he stays, he's a big player here and we know everything he is doing for the club."

Bony added: "It's been difficult for him, but you have to remember it's been three years where there's been big tournaments, World Cup and the Africa Cup of Nations.

"You need to play a lot of matches, you are playing in high temperatures, it's not easy. Injuries can also occur in that time, the pressure and expectations are high.

"There are some things in football you can't control, like when the tournaments come round, when you get injured. You just have to try to deal with them and help the team."

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mertesacker: Third place a must for Arsenal

13 May 2015

843547header.jpg

Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker is worried his team could slip to fourth in the Premier League, talking up the importance of Sunday's trip to Manchester United.

Arsene Wenger's men looked certain for a top-three finish before they suffered a surprise 1-0 loss to Swansea City last time out.

Still, they sit two points clear of fourth-placed Manchester United and have a game in hand on Louis van Gaal's side.

Mertesacker is keen to avoid seeing his team slip to fourth, which would see Arsenal in the Champions League play-offs.

"When you look at the schedule, the break will not be that much," the German said.

"Even for non-international players, it is pretty weird. And we have a couple of under-21 players, a couple of Copa America I think, so it will again be a tight schedule, so we'll try to really avoid that."

Mertesacker has pinpointed the midfield battle as being crucial at Old Trafford.

The 30-year-old said Francis Coquelin had a big role to play to nullify United midfielder Marouane Fellaini in the middle of the park.

"I think most important are the duels in midfield, around Marouane Fellaini," Mertesacker said.

"Francis Coquelin did really well last time. I think that is a major part of their game. We need to try to control this.

"It's not going to be easy. They obviously want to keep the ball as much as possible. Can we restrict it? Can we get the ball in their half and break? That is what we did last time and we did really well."

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Harsher sanctions needed for racism - Toure

13 May 2015

843615header.jpg

Yaya Toure believes more needs to be done by football's governing bodies to punish those found guilty of racism.

The Manchester City midfielder was subject to racist taunts during a UEFA Champions League at CSKA Moscow in October 2013.

UEFA punished that offence by ordering a partial stadium closure on the Russian Premier League side.

But Toure, speaking at the launch of FIFA's Anti-Discrimination Monitoring System in London, feels more strigent measures are needed.

"For me, the real matter is we need harsher sanctions - not just closing part of the stadium or giving them a level of a fine," he said.

"We can see now we have a couple of clubs who are bigger than a country and they pay maybe £20,000 and something like that. For me that is not enough, we need to do more."

The new FIFA initiative will see an Anti-Discrimination Match Observer assigned to games in qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup that are considered high risk of discrimination, and a report will be compiled to football's leading governing body within 24 hours.

And Toure hopes the scheme will have a positive impact.

"When FIFA called to invite me to be involved, I said yes straight away because for me something has to be done," the Ivorian added.

"We need to see this change. In England especially, to be honest with you, I have never seen that argument and I think it is fantastic. And that's what I want in other countries, especially in that side of the world in Russia and Ukraine."

Pochettino

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anita urges Newcastle to look forward

13 May 2015

843607header.jpg

After halting a worrying losing streak, Vurnon Anita has called on relegation-threatened Newcastle United to focus on the future and not look back as the Premier League draws to a close.

Newcastle ended a run of eighth consecutive defeats with a 1-1 draw at home to West Brom on Saturday.

The result left Newcastle hovering just two points above the relegation zone with two fixtures remaining and Anita has urged John Carver and co to build on last week's draw.

"It was nice to be able to draw a line under a few things at the weekend and move on," Anita said ahead of Saturday's trip to relegated QPR.

"We stopped the losing run with a point, and that was very important. The spirit in the team was never a problem, but it should be even better now as we look forward to the final two matches against QPR and West Ham. We need to show the same fighting mentality in those games that we did against West Brom. If we do that, we will be okay.

"It's important to put the past behind us and move on. We can't keep constantly looking back and talking about things that have happened now. Finally, I thought the game against West Brom provided a bit of a bright side to what has been a difficult few weeks.

"It gave us to something to build on, and we just have to look to the future now and not get too caught up with what has happened before. We need to keep on going because we are still not where we want to be."

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

More pressure on Swansea next season - Taylor

13 May 2015

843606header.jpg

Neil Taylor believes Swansea City's impressive performances in the Premier League this season have put more pressure on the club for next term.

Swansea sit eighth in the table having set a new club-record Premier League points total and recorded a top-flight double over Arsenal with a 1-0 win at the Emirates Stadium on Monday.

The Welsh club have also beaten Manchester United twice this term and are only a point behind Southampton in seventh, which will represent a UEFA Europa League qualification spot should Arsenal win the FA Cup.

And Taylor told Swansea's official website: "It lays down a marker for the club. It also puts more pressure on us next season, but we're happy with that.

"To have gone to big stadiums and get great results for the supporters who travel up and down the country is very satisfying. It's games they, like us, will remember for the rest of their lives.

"We've stayed in eighth for a long time now, but we are aware of the teams just above us.

"Now we have to prepare for Manchester City on the weekend and hopefully we can make the fans feel proud once again with another great result."