• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester City have missed Toure - Lampard

947772_heroa.jpg

By Greg Lea
Feb 17, 2015 12:17:00

The 36-year-old believes the return of the midfielder will give the club a massive boost as they prepare to face Barcelona

Frank Lampard believes the return of Yaya Toure will help Manchester City get their title challenge back on track.

The midfielder is back in training with City after helping Ivory Coast to Africa Cup of Nations glory earlier this month.

Manuel Pellegrini's men have missed Toure's driving presence in midfield, winning just one of six games in the midfielder's absence as City slipped seven points behind Chelsea in the race for the Premier League title, and were knocked out of the FA Cup by Middlesbrough.

"He's a massive player for the club", Lampard said of Toure. "I could see that from afar when I was at Chelsea.

“You want him back in and hopefully that will give us a boost as a squad. Of course you miss a player like Yaya with his talent and his ability, and we’ve had a time where we lost quite a few games.”

Wilfried Bony was signed for €36 million from Swansea in January, but has yet to make his debut for the champions, and Lampard is equally excited about the prospect of working with the man who bagged nine goals in his last 15 games for the Welsh club.

Lampard continued: “Alongside Yaya coming back, we’ve got Bony arriving. We’ve seen what he’s been doing at Swansea and he’ll be a fantastic signing for the club.

“There’s an air of confidence about him and he’ll add to the squad.”

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester United will buy a midfielder, declares Van Gaal

930772_heroa.jpg

By Jay Jaffa
Feb 16, 2015 13:49:00

The Dutchman says it is imperative he signs someone to add balance to an attack that boasts the likes of Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie

Louis van Gaal has confirmed that Manchester United are in the market for a midfielder this summer.

The Dutchman has had to rotate his squad heavily this season, largely on account of a formidable injury list, with the likes of Michael Carrick and Daley Blind sidelined for considerable spells.

And it has led to calls for the Red Devils to invest in a top-class midfielder, something which Van Gaal insists is vital as he continues to finely tune his side.

When asked if he would look to sign someone in the engine room, the United boss told reporters: "Of course, of course.

"I am looking for balance and I need balance in midfield. When I play with [Adnan] Januzaj and [Angel] Di Maria in the midfield positions, then you need a certain balance for that kind of creative player.

"So, when you have these creative players - and also [Radamel] Falcao and [Robin] van Persie are creative players - then you have four creative players and you have to look for balance in your team."

The 63-year-old former Netherlands coach also stated that Wayne Rooney is happy with his role in midfield.

"He is happy," Van Gaal declared. "Otherwise, he should come to me and say: 'I am not happy', but he never does. He is always friendly to me and wants to perform what I want.

"That is what I see but, when the whole world is writing that he has to be in the striker's position, he shall be thinking 'hey' as he is human."

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wigan defender Garcia diagnosed with leukaemia

959402_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Rogerson
Feb 16, 2015 15:42:00

The Honduran, who returned to the club last week following a loan spell at Tenerife, is in hospital following the diagnosis, with Malky Mackay praised the player's attitude

Wigan manager Malky Mackay has confirmed Honduran defender Juan Carlos Garcia is in hospital after being diagnosed with leukaemia.

The 26-year-old was hospitalised last week, with the club initially confirming in a statement that Garcia was suffering with a "blood disorder".

However, Mackay told a news conference on Monday that the Honduras international is now being treated for cancer.

"We've had some bad news as far as that's concerned – he has a form of leukaemia," the Scot told reporters.

"I went in to see Juan Carlos and he was incredibly upbeat and his spirits were strong.

"He's going to fight this and make sure he gets through this for the sake of his wife and kids. Everybody at the club is wishing him all the best as I'm sure that all our fans are.

"It's something that is obviously a real blow for Juan Carlos' family and everybody connected with the football club. We're going to make sure that he gets the best care possible."

Abramovich

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fellaini provides alternative option - Van Gaal

17 February 2015

790278header.jpg

Louis van Gaal is happy to use Marouane Fellaini as an alternative option for Manchester United when they need him.

Marouane Fellaini provides Manchester United with a more than useful plan B, according to manager Louis van Gaal.

With United trailing 1-0 at Preston North End in the FA Cup fifth round on Monday, Van Gaal replaced Radamel Falcao with Ashley Young, and pushed Fellaini forward to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.

The tactical switch paid off, Ander Herrera equalising before Fellaini and then a late Rooney penalty saw United through to a home quarter-final with Arsenal.

United have been accused of using long-ball tactics in recent weeks, but Van Gaal makes no apologies for playing to the strengths of the Belgian.

"I have used Fellaini a lot of times already - more than ever and he scores more than ever," Van Gaal said.

"He is a player that when we cannot beat the pressure with quality, we can always beat the pressure. That is a quality.

"Now I have played him for the first time in his [preferred] position but we have a lot of players who can play there.

"The whole team did it well because they believe also that we could do it with this shape.

"As trainer-coach or a staff, you can change the system but your players have to believe in it and perform it and that is not so easy and they do it and not for the first time. That is fantastic."

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Markovic banned for four European matches

17 February 2015

790368header.jpg

Liverpool's Lazar Markovic has been banned for four European matches following his red card against Basel in December.

Lazar Markovic has been handed a four-match ban by UEFA following his red card in Liverpool's Champions League match against Basel back in December.

The Serbian came on as a half-time substitute during Liverpool's 1-1 draw in their final Group B encounter at Anfield.

His time on the field lasted just over 15 minutes, however, as he was shown a straight red card by referee Bjorn Kuipers after attempting to fend off a challenge from the chasing Behrang Safari.

As Markovic put out his hand, he made minimal contact with Safari's face, but Kuipers deemed it enough to send Markovic from the field.

On Tuesday, UEFA announced that Markovic had been banned for four matches, meaning he will miss both legs of the last-32 clash with Besiktas, as well as the last-16 tie should Liverpool progress.

Acts of violent conduct are usually punished with a three-match ban, although Markovic has received a stiffer punishment having also been sent off in the second leg of Benfica's Europa League semi-final against Juventus last season following a touchline altercation.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho wanted me to stay at Chelsea - Schurrle

915162_heroa.jpg

Stefan Coerts
Feb 18, 2015 10:41:34

The Germany international says the coach assured him he would get playing time at Stamford Bridge before he opted to leave

Andre Schurrle has revealed Jose Mourinho wanted him to stay at Chelsea but says he has no regrets over his decision to quit the club for Wolfsburg.

The 24-year-old joined Chelsea from Bayer Leverkusen ahead of the 2013-14 campaign, but failed to secure regular first-team action at Stamford Bridge.

The forward therefore opted to leave Mourinho's side this January despite receiving assurances from the Portuguese coach that he would feature on a more regular basis.

"I have been a Chelsea fan ever since I was a kid and I felt well there right until the last day. But the most important thing for me is playing football and enjoying myself. This was no longer the case," Schurrle told Sport Bild.

"Wolfsburg might be a smaller club when you look at reputations and I thought about it long and hard. I could have stayed at Chelsea. Mourinho told me that I would get my chance.

"You have to make a decision, though, and in the end I only wanted to play football again. Germany coach Joachim Low told me it would be a great move for me and that is why Wolfsburg are a step forward for me.

"Wolfsburg have a great team as well and can play for silverware in the Bundesliga and in Europe."

Schurrle has made two Bundesliga appearances for Wolfsburg so far, creating one goal.

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester City will sell Nasri, Kompany and Yaya Toure to get me, jokes Bilic

969052_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Feb 18, 2015 15:13:00

The former Croatia boss has been linked with a shock move to the Etihad and he has joked that the English champions are willing to cash in on their top talent to acquire him

Slaven Bilic has joked that Manchester City are willing to sell Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany in order to acquire his services.

Reports earlier this week suggested the Besiktas boss could be tempted to take over from Manuel Pellegrini in the summer if City decide to part company with the Chilean.

When quizzed about the interest, Bilic issued a lighthearted response, but also reaffirmed his commitment to the Turkish club, who currently lie one point clear of Fenerbahce at the Super Lig summit.

"Yes, I have already received an offer from Manchester City, they said they will sell Nasri, Kompany and Yaya Toure to get me!" he told Tportal.

"No, there is no offer, my thoughts are only with Besiktas.”

While Nasri and Kompany appear content at the Etihad, Toure has been heavily linked with a summer departure, with Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini hoping to lure him to Italy in the summer.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester United sweating on Di Maria fitness

928222_heroa.jpg

Feb 17, 2015 17:24:00

The Argentine went for further treatment following Tuesday's training session, with initial fears of a recurrence of a pelvis injury suffered over the festive period

By Paul Clennam

Manchester United are sweating on the fitness of Angel Di Maria ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with Swansea.

The Argentina international suffered an injury during Tuesday's training session at Carrington, with initial fears of a recurrence of a pelvis concern suffered over the festive period.

Di Maria missed three games after a similar breakdown at Christmas and his involvement against Swansea, whom beat United on the opening day of the season, is now in doubt.

The winger impressed during the early stages of the campaign, with three goals and four assists in his opening six games, but has struggled since with one goal in his last 16 games.

Di Maria's possible setback adds to Louis van Gaal's fitness woes, with Phil Jones, Michael Carrick and Robin van Persie also all currently sidelined.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Three supporters suspended from Stamford Bridge following shocking scenes on Paris Metro

web-racist-fans-guardian-USE-THIS-v2.jpg

Fans of the club refused to let a black man onto a train and chanted about being racist ahead of Chelsea's match against PSG on Tuesday night

Sam Wallace
Thursday 19 February 2015

Chelsea have taken the first steps towards punishing those supporters of the club responsible for the racist behaviour on the Paris Métro on Tuesday evening by suspending three fans from attending home games while they are investigated.

The club announced at 6.30pm yesterday that the three had been suspended from watching games at Stamford Bridge while further investigations took place into events at the Richelieu-Drouot station ahead of the Champions League game against Paris Saint-Germain.

In a statement, the club said: “If it is deemed there is sufficient evidence of their involvement in the incident, the club will issue banning orders for life. We have received substantial information to date following our witness appeal and we are grateful to the many Chelsea supporters who have provided information so far.”

The club are confident they have made progress in identifying the culprits from the mobile phone video of the incident, in which a black man was pushed off a stationary train carriage by Chelsea supporters who then chanted “We’re racist – and that’s the way we like it”. However, the club are concerned that innocent bystanders in the carriage should not be implicated.

Chelsea will make an announcement tomorrow ahead of manager Jose Mourinho’s press conference at Cobham about the extent of their investigations so far. Mourinho himself will also take questions on the incident and express the club’s shock at having their name and reputation tarnished by the supporters involved.

The club have worked with the Metropolitan Police and French prosecutors to identify those responsible for events at the Métro station.

One of the Chelsea supporters identified as having been in the carriage was suspended by his employer yesterday while they investigated the extent to which he was involved in the incident. Josh Parsons, 21, from Surrey, was also identified as a Ukip supporter who had been pictured with the party’s leader, Nigel Farage. Ukip said Parsons was not a member of the party.

In a statement, his employer, the Business and Commercial Financial Club, a finance company, said: “We are utterly opposed to racism in all of its forms and would never tolerate racist conduct among any employee. We are investigating the events in Paris and Mr Parsons will not return to work until we have conducted a full and thorough investigation.”

The man who attempted to board the train but was twice thrust back out of the carriage by the Chelsea supporters was interviewed by Le Parisien. Giving his name only as Souleymane S, he said that he wanted the fans in question to be prosecuted. He had made a formal complaint to the French authorities, who are working with their British counterparts, and anyone convicted could face a prison term of up to three years and a fine of up to €45,000 (£33,000).

Souleymane S said: “These people have to be found, punished and locked up.”

Yesterday, the Premier League’s only black manager, Chris Ramsey, called upon the English game to redouble its efforts against racism. Ramsey, 52, the Queen’s Park Rangers manager, said that the game’s authorities had to “weed out” those responsible for the episode in Paris and work harder to make sure it never happened again. Asked whether he had faced racism as a player in the 1970s and 1980s, Ramsey simply replied that he had. He said: “It would be good to know what the authorities are going to do to weed these people out and what sanctions they will enforce to make this an avoidable situation in the future.

“Had it not been caught on camera [the problem would not have been recognised]. It is a reminder that it is still there. I’m sure there are people trying their best to make sure it stays out of the public eye – there are people with these views and we need to keep them away from the game,” Ramsey added.

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Newcastle fans united against anti-Islamic group Pegida

Pegida-movement-Getty-Images.jpg

Club’s supporters send ‘you are not welcome’ message to far-right ahead of Pegida march

Helen Carter
Thursday 19 February 2015

Newcastle United fans have urged far-right activists to stay away from their city, amid growing tensions over the anti-Islamic movement Pegida’s first rally in Britain.

Supporters of Pegida – a new populist anti-immigrant group – have staged marches in several German cities in recent months, with a UK offshoot planning its first demonstration in Newcastle next weekend.

There are fears that the rally, which is due to be held on the same day as Newcastle United home match against Aston Villa, could attract as many as 2,000 people and spill over into violence.

Last night the NUFC Fans United supporters group made it clear that far-right protesters were not welcome in Newcastle, saying the city was “famous for its tolerance, integration and warmth of spirit”. In a statement, they warned: “There is a fear that Newcastle United supporters who are of the Islamic faith or origin may be singled out for abuse by this group and we say that the authorities cannot allow any of our community, whatever their race, creed or religious belief to be treated in such a manner in our city on match day or any other day.

“What kind of message does it send to those who come to study in our colleges and universities, or who visit as tourists to wonder on the splendour of our heritage history? What message does it send to those who may be offered the opportunity in the future to come and work in a city that has prided itself on its warm welcome but will now be tarred with being a city that allowed itself to be associated with those of the German Far Right. Is this the message we want our city to be remembered by and tarnished with?” On its Facebook page yesterday Pegida warned extreme far-right groups to stay away from the demonstration, insisting it wants it to be peaceful.

Matt Pope, of Pegida UK, insisted that the movement believes in “freedom of expression and speech”.

“In an ideal world we would love the extreme right-wing element to leave us to it,” he said. “But this isn’t an ideal world. As long as everyone behaves themselves, this should go without incident.” Pegida UK is an offshoot of the group which began in Dresden, Germany, last October. Its name translates as Patriots of Europe Against the Islamisation of the West.In Dresden earlier this month, 25,000 supporters joined a rally which was condemned by the Chancellor Angela Merkel for being xenophobic. She said the organisation’s leaders have “prejudice, coldness, even hatred in their hearts”.

Pegida says it merely opposes radical Islam and hate preachers and believes “Muslims need to adapt to our way of life in the west instead of us adapting to them”.

Professor Matthew Feldman, an expert in fascist ideology at Teesside University’s far-right research centre, said Pediga UK had emerged from nowhere and, unlike other far-right groups like the BNP and EDL, appealed to some middle-class people who are concerned about multiculturalism and Islamist extremists.

“They want people to take families to the demonstration and be the acceptable face of anti-Islamisation,” he said. “They are clearly trying to develop the brand.”

He said it’s difficult to pinpoint the leadership, as so much is done via social networking sites, unlike the physical structure of the EDL and the membership system of the BNP.

Matt Pope: Pegida organiser

Matt Pope, the self-styled organiser of the Pediga UK rally in Newcastle on Saturday, was born in Stevenage and now lives in Cambridgeshire. The 29-year-old previously worked as a nurse and says he is now a social worker.

Pope became involved in Pegida after studying Islam for around 11 years. He says he has Muslim friends and the organisation isn’t about antagonising the Muslim community, but challenging extremism.

Pope says despite a suggestion on the internet that he has an assault conviction, he has none. He describes himself as “a very liberal person”.

Ramsey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poyet pens open letter to Sunderland fans

885572_heroa.jpg

By Matthew Scott
Feb 19, 2015 18:33:00

The Black Cats boss has endured a tumultuous relationship with the club's supporters but has now attempted to build some bridges with the Stadium of Light faithful

Gus Poyet has written an open letter to Sunderland supporters urging them not to allow their relationship with him to be "broken" by people from outside the club.

Sunderland fans turned against head coach Poyet - who guided the club to survival in 2013-14 - during last Sunday's surprise 2-0 FA Cup fifth round defeat at League One side Bradford City.

The Uruguayan hit out at the media after his side's shock exit at Valley Parade, accusing them of misquoting him in a bid to mislead supporters, and on Friday issued a public plea to fans to stick together via the club's official website.

He wrote: "What we achieved last year was achieved by all of us together: club (chairman, directors, staff and players) and fans.

"Nobody, and I mean nobody, from outside helped us a bit, it was only us together.

"During my career as a player, coach or manager, I have always had a fantastic relationship with the fans.

"From my time in Uruguay going through every team in Europe, always the relationship was strong, one of mutual respect and understanding.

"I showed from inside or from outside the pitch, my commitment, passion and dedication in achieving what every club deserved.

"So let's make sure that we don't let anyone to break our relationship, I promise you that I care and want to win as much as you do and no one thinks more time every day about the team than I do.

"I invite all of you to stay positive, to be strong, closer to each other and keep believing in what we started together last year, working harder to make it better this season.

"To finish I would like to clarify once more: the main [man] responsible [for] the results of our team is me, I always said it and I will always accept my responsibility.

"I am really looking forward to see the Stadium of Light packed on Saturday, pushing the team to what could be a very important victory."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gerrard ´a couple of weeks´ from return

19 February 2015

791675header.jpg

Steven Gerrard will miss Liverpool's UEFA Europa League return leg against Besiktas after confirming he will be out for "a couple of weeks".

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says he is "a couple of weeks" from making his return from a hamstring injury.

The midfielder, set to leave the club at the end of the season to join LA Galaxy, was withdrawn midway through the second half of his side's 3-2 Premier League win over Tottenham at Anfield earlier this month.

And, speaking ahead of Liverpool's UEFA Europa League last-32 first-leg clash with Besiktas on Thursday, Gerrard ruled himself out of next week's return leg.

"I think I'm a couple of weeks away from returning to playing, but it's settled down well," he told ITV.

"I don't really want to put a target game on the injury.

"I think next week will come too soon."

The issue could leave Gerrard facing a race to be fit for the FA Cup quart-final against Blackburn Rovers on March 8.

Ospina

Alfrescian
Loyal

Villa duo fit to face Stoke

19 February 2015

791540header.jpg

Aston Villa duo Gabby Agbonlahor and Carles Gil are available to return for Saturday's Premier League encounter against Stoke City.

Gabriel Agbonlahor and Carles Gil have been passed fit for new Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwod's first game in charge against Stoke City on Saturday.

Striker Agbonlahor (hamstring) and midfielder Gil (groin) missed the 2-1 FA Cup victory over Leicester City last weekend due to injury, but Sherwood revealed that the duo will face Mark Hughes' men at Villa Park.

But the former Tottenham head coach did not have such positive news of defenders Philippe Senderos (calf) and Nathan Baker (knock).

"Gabby was on fire today. Everyone is flying and can't wait to get started." Sherwood said at a press conference on Thursday.

"They just all want to play and it's great to see.

"Nathan is not fit. Philippe didn't train today either. Everyone else is raring to go."

Striker Libor Kozak has been sidelined since suffering a broken leg over a year ago, but Sherwood revealed that the striker could feature before the end of the season.

He said "Libor is back in training.

"It's non-contact and it's with the Under-21 squad. They are tailoring the sessions for him, which is good.

"We are bedding him in nice and slowly. He has that get the confidence up because it was a nasty break and didn't heal as quickly as everyone wanted.

"We are looking forward to seeing him, perhaps before the end of the season which would be good."

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dummett blow for Newcastle

19 February 2015

791475header.jpg

Paul Dummett's knee injury has left Newcastle United head coach John Carver with only four fit senior defenders.

John Carver has revealed that Paul Dummett will be out for up to 12 weeks due to a knee injury, leaving the Newcastle United coach with a seriously depleted defence.

The Wales international left Selhurst Park on crutches after he was injured in a 1-1 Premier League draw with Crystal Palace last week.

Carver said on Thursday that Dummett does not require surgery, but the 23-year-old faces a battle to return before the end of the season.

He said at a press conference: "The good news is Paul Dummett doesn't need an operation, but he is out for around 10-12 weeks."

Dummett has made 21 appearances for the Tyneside club this season and his absence leaves Carver facing a shortage of options in defence.

Fabricio Coloccini, Daryl Janmaat, Mike Williamson and Massadio Haidara are the only senior defenders still available for selection.

Steven Taylor is out for the season, while Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Davide Santon were loaned to Serie A sides Roma and Inter respectively.

Carver will have to hope that there are no further injury blows or suspensions to his four fit defenders between now and the end of the season, although Vurnon Anita is capable of covering at full-back.

Newcastle face a daunting trip to champions Manchester City on Saturday.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Peace open to offers from potential new West Brom owners

19 February 2015

791606header.jpg

Jeremy Peace, the West Brom chairman since 2002, has revealed that the club are keen to hear from any potential new owners.

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace has confirmed that the club are seeking fresh investment and a possible new owner should serious interest materialise.

Peace's company, West Bromwich Albion Holding, own 88 per cent of the shares in the Premier League club, but the businessman has hinted that the time may have come to step aside.

"I have been at the helm for 13 years now and I am proud of what has been achieved in that time," said Peace in a statement on West Brom's official website.

"I do not need to remind supporters about the journey we have shared to this point.

"I am happy to continue as we strive to deliver Premier League football whilst growing the club within our means.

"But equally if there was someone out there willing and capable of taking the club further forward, I would be willing to step aside and negotiate a change of ownership providing it was an investment that was right for the club.

"The recent announcement of a new and record media rights deal for the Premier League from season 2016-17 is sure to mean that there is once again huge interest in the brand.

"It was only right and prudent, in my view, that at such a moment we should present the club to the investment market. I believe it is a sound company – an extremely solid football club with no debt, significant assets, a developing infrastructure and reasons to be confident about the future."

Peace's announcement comes after West Brom revealed pre-tax profits of £14.7million.

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Police release images of three men in relation to Paris Metro racism incident

The Metropolitan Police are appealing for help to identify the trio

helsea_3207209b.jpg

The three men the Metropolitan police are looking for Photo: PA

By Agency
8:50PM GMT 20 Feb 2015

Police have released images of three Chelsea football fans they believe were involved in an allegedly racist incident on a Paris Metro train.

The Metropolitan Police are appealing for help to identify the trio, who they think were among a group of Chelsea supporters who pushed a black man off the train and chanted a racist song while on the way to a Champions League match against Paris Saint-Germain in the French capital on Tuesday.

The appeal comes as Chelsea tonight suspended another two people from its Stamford Bridge ground following investigations into the incident, taking the total number to five.

The three singled out by the Met in images taken from the Metro are not the same as the trio initially suspended by Chelsea.

The club reiterated its promise to ban for life anyone proved to have been involved in the racist altercation and is helping police in the UK and Paris.

It comes as the man pushed off the train, identified only as 33-year-old Souleymane, said the incident is the club's "responsibility".

He said he not yet received any contact via his lawyer from the Premier League club after he was left "humiliated" during the incident.

Footage captured by a bystander appears to show him being pushed off the train and back on to the platform amid chants of "we're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it".

train_3204646c.jpg

The CCTV of the man being pushed off the train

Speaking of his ordeal, Souleymane, who is black, told BBC Radio 5 Live Drive: "I felt truly wounded to the bottom of my heart that I really couldn't believe it.

"We're in 2015 aren't we and we're in France. We're in a civilised country and when you are in a civilised country there are certain things you can't do.

"For me, it's a humiliation. I was humiliated in my country. I was humiliated in front of my family, humiliated in front of my mother and father."

He added: "Of course it's Chelsea's responsibility. It's their supporters.

"They (the fans) didn't say Paris, they said Chelsea. Chelsea should call my lawyer. And they haven't done that yet. It's their supporters. The director general of PSG has called my lawyer but Chelsea haven't contacted my lawyer."

Footage posted online appeared to show the group shouting and gesturing at Souleymane before pushing him out of the carriage when he steps in.

The supporters were travelling to the Parc des Princes ground for Chelsea's Champions League match against PSG, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

They also chanted at bemused onlookers "We're racist and that's the way we like it" and "Where were you in World War Two?".

Chelsea have said they are "appalled" and have apologised to the victim, while manager Jose Mourinho said he was "ashamed" of the fans involved.

The club says it has also invited him and his family to London to attend the second leg of the European clash against PSG on March 11.

Scotland Yard said it takes such matters "very seriously" and is investigating whether the supporters involved should be issued with football banning orders.

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chelsea suspend more fans after Paris Metro incident

20 February 2015

792270header.jpg

Following alleged racial abuse on the Paris Metro on Tuesday, Chelsea have suspended two more supporters involved from Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have suspended a further two fans from attending games at Stamford Bridge following their involvement in alleged racial abuse on the Paris Metro on Tuesday.

The Stamford bridge outfit had already banned three supporters on Thursday, but took that tally to five on Friday.

Video footage surfaced of a number of Chelsea supporters denying a black man access to a train in the French capital prior to the first leg of the club's UEFA Champions League last-16 tie against Paris Saint-Germain.

The incident has been widely condemned by high-profile figures and organisations within European football, including Chelsea, who have appealed for more information.

A statement from the Premier League leaders read: "If it is deemed there is sufficient evidence of their involvement in the incident, the club will issue banning orders for life."

Souleymane S, the man denied access to the train, will be invited to the second leg of the tie by Chelsea.

Metropolitan Police have also released images of three men that they are looking to talk to regarding their involvement in the incident.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schmeichel and Wood close to Leicester returns

20 February 2015

792159header.jpg

Kasper Schmeichel and Chris Wood are both nearing returns for Premier League strugglers Leicester City.

Leicester City will soon be boosted by the returns from injury of goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel and striker Chris Wood.

Schmeichel has not featured for the Premier League's bottom side since early December, after breaking a bone in his foot during training.

Wood, meanwhile, made his last appearance in the FA Cup third-round win over Newcastle United on January 3, but has struggled with an ankle problem in the meantime.

"Kasper has stepped up his training and is coping very well," said manager Nigel Pearson, ahead of their trip to Everton on Sunday.

"He is not ready to play just yet but he is doing very well.

"Once again we have the vast majority of the squad available which is always important.

"Chris Wood is back in training and hopefully he will be available before too long.

"I give consideration for every position and weigh up what is best for us as the club.

"We have a very competitive squad who are supportive of each other and whatever side I choose to play I expect them to go out and perform to the best of their abilities."

It was also confirmed on Friday that Garry Taylor-Fletcher had joined Championship side Millwall until the end of the season.

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Swansea sink United as Burnley deny Chelsea

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 22 February, 2015, 2:03am
UPDATED : Sunday, 22 February, 2015, 2:03am

Agence France-Presse in London

football_ukuhzt.jpg

Swansea's Jonjo Shelvey unleashes a shot in the 73rd minute, which flicked off teammate Bafetimbi Gomis and flew past United goalkeeper David de Gea for Swansea's winning goal. Swansea came from behind to win 2-1. Photo: Reuters

Manchester United lost momentum in the battle for Champions League places after seeing a 19-game unbeaten run come to an end in a 2-1 English Premier League defeat at Swansea City on Saturday.

Ander Herrera celebrated his return to the starting XI by putting United ahead in the 28th minute after a sweeping move, only for Ki Sung-yueng to equalise almost immediately from Jonjo Shelvey’s cross.

Swansea claimed victory in the 73rd minute when Shelvey’s 25-yard shot flicked off teammate Bafetimbi Gomis and flew past United goalkeeper David de Gea.

United manager Louis van Gaal said: ”We played well … only we forgot to score. We have to be more effective.”

League leaders Chelsea ended a turbulent week with a disappointing 1-1 home draw against strugglers Burnley.

The build-up to the game was overshadowed by the fallout from an incident in Paris on Tuesday in which a group of Chelsea fans prevented a black man from boarding a Metro train while chanting racist songs.

Chelsea took an early lead through Branislav Ivanovic, but after Nemanja Matic had been sent off for lashing out at Ashley Barnes, Ben Mee headed in an 81st-minute equaliser.

fbl-eng-pr-swansea-man_utd_aa009.jpg

Burnley's Ben Mee heads the equaliser against Chelsea to snatch a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge. Photo: AFP

Ivanovic struck in the 14th minute, finishing from six yards after Eden Hazard had weaved his way through a posse of defenders on the Chelsea right.

But the tide began to turn in the 70th minute when Ivanovic’s countryman Matic was sent off for shoving Barnes to the ground after the Burnley midfielder caught him on the shin with an ugly challenge.

Eleven minutes later, the visitors claimed a scarcely hoped-for draw when Mee headed home Kieran Trippier’s left-wing corner at the back post to nudge Sean Dyche’s side closer to safety.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho had a face of thunder in his post-match interview. He had notes of four key incidents, but would not talk about any of the incidents. “I am punished when I refer to these situations and I don’t want to be punished.”

football_ukuha4.jpg

Arsenal's Francis Coquelin flies high against Crystal Palace. Arsenal won 2-1. Photo: Reuters

Arsenal capitalised on United’s slip-up with a 2-1 win at London rivals Crystal Palace that saw Arsene Wenger’s side climb to third place in the table.

Santi Cazorla opened the scoring in the eighth minute with a penalty and Olivier Giroud added a second on the stroke of half-time, following up after Julian Speroni had saved from Welbeck, but the England forward looked to have been offside in the build-up.

Glenn Murray tapped in a stoppage-time consolation for Palace.

Elsewhere, Tim Sherwood began his tenure as Aston Villa manager with a cruel 2-1 loss at home to Stoke City that saw his new side slip below Burnley to second-bottom.

Scott Sinclair headed Villa in front in the 20th minute, but Mame Biram Diouf equalised and Victor Moses gave Stoke victory with a stoppage-time penalty after Ron Vlaar was dismissed for felling Diouf.

Perennial troublemaker Joey Barton was sent off for flinging a hand towards Tom Huddlestone’s nether regions as Queens Park Rangers lost 2-1 at relegation rivals Hull City.

Nikica Jelavic volleyed Hull ahead and although Charlie Austin headed in a 39th-minute equaliser shortly after Barton had been given his marching orders, Dame N’Doye gave Hull victory with an 89th-minute header.

In the day’s other game, Sunderland and West Bromwich Albion played out a drab 0-0 draw at the Stadium of Light.