• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inzaghi: It wasn't a penalty

filippoinzaghi-cropped_gzazord8rnbz13mgbnjvpfro2.jpg

By Peter Hanson
Apr 19, 2015 23:59:29

Roberto Mancini claimed his side were denied "a clear penalty" after the ball struck Luca Antonelli's hand, but the AC Milan boss had the opposite opinion

Filippo Inzaghi believes referee Luca Banti was right not to award a penalty against AC Milan Luca Antonelli in Sunday's 0-0 draw with Inter.

In a match that produced few clear-cut chances at San Siro, a pivotal moment came in the second half when Hernanes' effort struck the arm of Antonelli in the penalty area.

The decision not to award a spot-kick attracted the ire of Inter head coach Roberto Mancini, who felt Banti should have pointed to the spot.

Milan boss Inzaghi agrees that similar incidents have been punished in the past, but felt it would have been a harsh decision had the referee given the penalty.

"It was an involuntary handball," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"It's true that penalties have been given for less, but I would not give a penalty for that."

Inzaghi felt that a draw, which means Milan have now lost just one of their past nine Serie A matches, was a fair reflection of the game but was disappointed that his side did not score during a promising spell in the first half.

"I expected more from Milan in the first half when we created several important chances," he added.

"The stakes for the game were high and the boys did their best. The draw is a fair result."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pogba can leave Juve for ´right offer´

20 April 2015 15:55

831105header.jpg

Paul Pogba's agent says his client will be allowed to leave Juventus if the right offer is made for his services.

The France international has been linked with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain in recent weeks, despite agreeing a new five-year contract in Turin just six months ago.

Pogba, 22, is currently out injured with a hamstring problem but agent Mino Raiola says the calls continue to come in for one of Europe's best players.

"I must have received more than 2,000 phone calls for him since the beginning of the year," he told La Stampa.

"Almost 20 [calls] a day, at least a couple of which were to negotiate.

"With Juventus we signed for five years, but we're all gentlemen and if the right offer comes along for Pogba and for Juventus, then it will be done.

"The big challenge for Juventus will be to rebuild the team. You have to change when you are strong, not when you have to.

"Next year they will need four or five players. Remember what happened when [Zinedine] Zidane left."

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

PSG and Chelsea have bid for Dybala, claims agent

20 April 2015 16:01

831104header.jpg

Palermo's sought-after striker Paulo Dybala has been the subject of bids of around £30million from both Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain, according to the player's agent.

Dybala has enjoyed an impressive Serie A season, netting 13 times in 30 appearances to help Palermo to mid-table.

Those performances have reportedly attracted the attention of clubs around Europe including the likes of Juventus and Arsenal and Dybala's agent, Gustavo Mascardi, says Chelsea and PSG have formally registered their interest.

"Paris Saint-Germain have already come forward with an offer of about £32.4m and Chelsea had already reached £28.8m," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We're now at the stage where the price cannot be lower than €50m (£36m).

"Paulo is in no hurry and will take his decision calmly."

Rossi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fiorentina 0 Verona 1: Diamanti and Neto pay the penalty

20 April 2015 22:53

831297header.jpg

Alessandro Diamanti's missed penalty and a goalkeeping error from Norberto Neto proved costly for Fiorentina as Verona snatched a 1-0 in Serie A on Monday.

Vincenzo Montella's Fiorentina had failed to win their past three matches in all competitions and were looking to keep their slim hopes of a top-three finish alive at Stadio Artemio Franchi.

Diamanti had the perfect chance to put them ahead in the second half, but he fluffed his lines from 12 yards.

And Verona made them pay in the 90th minute when Neto made a hash of a routine effort from Lazaros Christodoulopoulos allowing substitute Mounir Obbadi to pounce.

Fiorentina enjoyed the better of the first-half openings and Rafael kept the scores level just before the half-hour mark with a superb save from Alberto Gilardino's near-post flick after the striker got in front of his man to meet Andrea Lazzari's cross from the left.

The flashpoint of the match came in the 67th minute when Rafael was adjudged to have brought down Gilardino, but the goalkeeper redeemed himself by diving low to his left to deny Diamanti from 12 yards.

But while one goalkeeper was hero, the other proved a zero as Neto spilled Christodoulopoulos' effort from the edge of the box and Obaddi was on hand to tap home the winner to move Verona 13 points clear of the drop zone.

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parma on the market for €20million

21 April 2015 17:05

831594header.jpg

Parma have begun the process of securing their long-term future after being put up for sale with a starting price of €20million.

The Serie A strugglers were declared bankrupt in March with debts of €218m, and have been deducted points on three occasions for failing to pay staff throughout the season.

A rescue package was put together by the league to ensure they could complete the current campaign, but their future remains uncertain.

Sitting 17 points from safety with seven games remaining, Roberto Donadoni's side look certainties for relegation to Serie B, but could have new owners in place by the time the 2015-16 campaign gets under way.

A statement released by Parma on Tuesday read: "Today, the bankruptcy judge Pietro Rogato, with the approval of the creditors' committee, has authorised the administrators Angelo Anedda and Alberto Guion to proceed with the sale of the sporting identity of Parma.

"The sale, involves the collection of formal offers by May 6, 2015. The base price is set at €20m.

"If no valid bids are submitted within the period given, new bidding procedures will take place on May 12, May 18, May 22 and May 28.

"For each auction, the base price will be 25 per cent lower than the one previous. Expressions of interest can be presented by Italian companies and foreign companies."

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll close Milan deal on Sunday - Mr Bee

963112_heroa.jpg

By Kris Voakes
Apr 20, 2015 13:19:00

Bee Taechaubol has told Rossoneri supporters he will sign the deal which will lead to him becoming the club's new owner within the next seven days

Bee Taechaubol expects he will sign a deal to become AC Milan’s majority shareholder during a trip to Italy on Sunday.

The Thai entrepreneur has been in lengthy talks with current president Silvio Berlusconi regarding a takeover and he has now confirmed that he expects the details to be agreed and signed off within 10 days.

“Next Sunday I will be in Milan to sign and close the deal,” Taechaubol told La Repubblica.

Taechaubol – known better as Mr Bee – is due to spend four days in Lombardy where he is expected to rubber-stamp an agreement which will see him buy a 20 per cent stake in the club immediately on the condition of making a purchase of an additional 45% in the coming 12 months.

With his total 65% stake, he will become the majority shareholder and president of Milan.

Such is Mr Bee’s intent to see the deal through, there is even a penalty clause being added which would force Berlusconi to pay a sizeable fine should he renege on the agreement.

The Thai was recently seen at the Milan museum with financier Victor Pablo Dana, who will become managing director under Mr Bee’s regime with Paolo Maldini as technical director. Dana even posted a photo of their visit on Twitter.

Most recently, Mr Bee sent an open message to Rossoneri supporters ahead of Sunday’s 0-0 derby draw with Inter.

It said: “I send warm greetings to the president and the whole Berlusconi family and the directors of the club, but above all a great cheer for Milan. I will watch the game live from Bangkok and I will be the most dedicated fan there is. Forza Milan!”

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Bee wants Ancelotti to coach AC Milan

1248462_heroa.jpg

By Gaia Brunelli
Apr 21, 2015 17:12:00

SPECIAL REPORT: The club is now looking to cement its vision for the future under Bee Taechaubol, with a face from the past key to their plans

Bee Taechaubol will attempt to convince Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti to return for a second stint as AC Milan coach if he completes his takeover of the club as planned in the next week.

The Thai entrepreneur told La Repubblica that he will return to Milan on Sunday for a four-day trip during which he will sign a deal to buy a 65 per cent stake in the Rossoneri from Silvio Berlusconi, paying 25% immediately and another 40% within a year.

And he is expected to approach the Blancos coach regarding a return to the Milanello hot seat upon completing the deal, making the most of Ancelotti’s uncertain position at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Real Madrid currently sit in second place in La Liga, two points behind leaders Barcelona, and face neighbours Atletico Madrid on Wednesday in the second leg of the Champions League quarter-finals. But Ancelotti’s stock has fallen in the mind of president Florentino Perez following their downturn in form in 2015 after a stellar run during the previous 12 months.

Mr Bee sees the 55-year-old as one of his two main targets, with Italy coach Antonio Conte also being considered. And while Ancelotti recently admitted that he prefers working away from his own country. However, he has said Milan is the only club he would return to, and the Thai is likely to do everything he can to persuade the three-time Champions League winning coach that he means business.

Ancelotti would form part of a backroom team which would include club legend Paolo Maldini as technical director, with financier Victor Pablo Dana as CEO. While Barbara Berlusconi would stay with the club to head the commercial arm, current CEO and vice-president Adriano Galliani would play no part in the new era.

Galliani’s increasingly-diminishing role at the club is said to have been reflected by a greater ambivalence to goings-on in the corridors of power of late. The 70-year-old has worked with the club since Berlusconi’s purchase in 1986 and has been central to many of the key decisions made over the past quarter of a century, including installing Ancelotti as coach in 2001.

The Italian boss won two Champions League, one Serie A title, two Uefa Super Cups and the Club World Cup during his eight-year spell in charge at San Siro.

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zeman resigns from Cagliari post

21 April 2015 12:43

831477header.jpg

Cagliari have confirmed head coach Zdenek Zeman has resigned with immediate effect as the club battle to survive in Serie A.

The Czech-born coach returned to the helm on March 9 having been sacked in late December following a poor run of form.

However, his replacement Gianfranco Zola failed to turn things around and Cagliari turned to Zeman again in their fight to stay up.

A draw against Empoli in his first game back gave many hope, but four successive defeats have followed and they sit nine points from safety with seven games remaining.

Sunday's 3-0 loss to Napoli was the final straw for Zeman, leaving Cagliari searching for a replacement ahead of their trip to Fiorentina this weekend.

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Festa replaces Zeman at Cagliari

zdenek-zeman-cagliari-coach-serie-a_cxz4u0iogag41mlk6yt74umwj.jpg

Apr 21, 2015 21:28:07

The much-travelled veteran has not had the desired impact after replacing Gianfranco Zola and the former defender has now taken charge

Cagliari have confirmed head coach Zdenek Zeman has resigned with immediate effect as the club battle to survive in Serie A.

The Czech-born 67-year-old returned to the helm on March 9 having been sacked in late December following a poor run of form.

However, his replacement Gianfranco Zola failed to turn things around and Cagliari turned to Zeman again in their fight to stay up.

Former Inter, Roma and Middlesbrough defender Gianluca Festa has now taken Zeman's place at Cagliari, with former striker David Suazo his assistant.

A draw against Empoli in his first game back gave many hope, but four successive defeats have followed and they sit nine points from safety with seven games remaining.

Sunday's 3-0 loss to Napoli was the final straw for Zeman, leaving Cagliari searching for a replacement ahead of their trip to Fiorentina this weekend.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mexes: I want new AC Milan deal

philippe-mexes-celebrating-milan-verona-serie-a-07032015_1hwzl8e2zx3f31il31c2cthmkq.png

By Peter McVitie
Apr 20, 2015 22:32:57

The defender says he hopes to sign a new contract with the Rossoneri and admitted he was disappointed with the scoreless derby draw

Philippe Mexes has indicated that he wants to sign a new contract at AC Milan.

The defender's current deal expires in June but he has endured a difficult campaign for the Rossoneri, who lie ninth in Serie A.

Mexes admits that he has no idea if he will be offered an extension but says he would love to remain at San Siro.

"I hope I can sign a new deal." he said at a charity event. "It's important for my family to know what is going on. That’s the only thing that irritates me slightly about the uncertainty.

“Otherwise, I’ll just give my best until the end of the season.”

Filippo Inzaghi's men drew 0-0 with Inter on Sunday and Mexes, who scored an own goal that was ultimately ruled out, has confessed that he was disappointed his side failed to claim the victory.

“The important thing is that we didn’t lose. Now we have try to get as many points as possible in the final weeks.

“There’s a bit of disappointment, we could have done better. It’s a shame - you need personality in the derby.

“It’s in the past now and we must look ahead.”

Vidal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vidal fit for Monaco clash - Allegri

21 April 2015 21:54

831741header.jpg

Juventus' first-leg match-winner Arturo Vidal has been passed fit for his side's return UEFA Champions League last-eight fixture at Monaco on Wednesday.

The Chile midfielder, who netted from the penalty spot to give Juve a 1-0 win in Turin last week, had been a doubt for their trip to France due to a bout of tonsillitis that forced him to miss training on Monday.

However, coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed in his pre-match media briefing that Vidal is available for selection.

"Arturo is better - he trained with the team [on Tuesday]," said Allegri.

The former Milan boss went on to say that he expects another tight, tense encounter at Stade Louis II following an evenly matched affair last week.

"Monaco are a team that defend well and are physically very strong, so it will be a difficult game, just like the first leg," Allegri added.

"It could come down to the finer details. We are in the quarter-finals, we have a chance of going through, and whether we do or not depends on ourselves.

"We are not that far into the competition yet - we can go even further. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

"My team has great quality, good character. We have the ability to progress and we will need to be brave and focused."

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Montella calm over fan frustrations

21 April 2015 10:34

831435header.jpg

Vincenzo Montella says Fiorentina fans were within the rights to voice their frustrations after Monday's 1-0 defeat to Verona at the Stadio Artemi Franchi.

Montella's side suffered back-to-back losses in Serie A thanks to Mounir Obbadi's late strike following a missed Alessandro Diamanti penalty.

It sees Fiorentina slip to sixth - a point off the final UEFA Europa League place - but Montella refused to criticise those who voiced their anger at the defeat.

"The team gave very little away to Verona, but we were too generous in trying to win it and we paid for that," the former Italy international explained.

"The players I selected were the ones that gave me most security, but maybe I was not good at encouraging the boys to the end.

"We lost three precious points and we are upset about this. The team deserved applause and boos, as is what happened.

"Whoever pays for a ticket has the right to whistle, the fans have always supported the team and we will play to the maximum to make up for this undeserved defeat."

A disappointing outing was made worse as the club confirmed Khouma El Babacar suffered a twisted knee, while Milan Badelj sustained a bruised nose.

Klose

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bartomeu plays down Pogba link

21 April 2015 06:03

831392header.jpg

Barcelona have no plans to sign star Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, according to club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Pogba is one of the most sought-after players in Europe and is reportedly a target for Paris Saint-Germain, former club Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The 22-year-old France international's agent Mino Raiola said his client could leave Juventus if the right offer arrives.

But Barcelona's transfer embargo is a stumbling block for any potential deal for Pogba, with the club prohibited from recruiting reinforcements until 2016 having been found guilty of breaching FIFA rules over signing players under the age of 18 last year.

Barca are allowed to sell players under the terms of the embargo.

"Pogba is a great player but in this moment we are not thinking about additions," Bartomeu told Radio Monte Carlo (RMC).

"It's true that we have a FIFA sanction that prevents us from recruiting until January 2016. We work so that some players arrive [here], others can leave.

"We are preparing for next season but we will not provide the names here. Pogba is a good player, one who has a contract with an Italian team that I respect a lot.

"For the moment, it is not expected that we recruit but everyone wants to have the great players. Also, we have players that the others [clubs] would like to have."

LAZIO

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dybala open to Juventus switch

22 April 2015

831992header.jpg

Juventus have been handed a huge boost in their chase of Paulo Dybala after the Palermo striker revealed he would like to move to Turin.

Dybala has caught the attention of top clubs across Europe and is expected to be a big-money mover at the end of the season.

His 13 goals have helped Palermo secure a comfortable mid-table position in Serie A, but he looks set to leave, with Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Arsenal all credited with an interest in the 21-year-old from Argentina.

However, Dybala is hoping to remain in Italy, handing Juve the upper hand in the race for his signature.

"I admit, I'm fond of Italy. It made me famous and I'd love to stay here in Serie A," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "I don't speak a word of English or French, but that's not to rule anything out.

"Playing in Europe's top competition [the UEFA Champions League] is everyone's dream. That said, there are also big teams who are not playing in it. But I'd like it, I can't deny that.

"Would playing for a team which has four Scudetti in a row be a good thing? It can go both ways. It would be an advantage, because Juve are a team which is never satisfied.

"With the hunger they have, they could end up getting 10 Scudetti in a row.

"Playing with someone like [Andrea] Pirlo, everything becomes easier, especially for a striker. Pirlo manages to make everything simple, even the most difficult things.

"You could see that, for example, in the first leg against Monaco [in the Champions League], his genius created the penalty that decided the game."

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Festa handed Cagliari opportunity

22 April 2015

831996header.jpg

Cagliari have named former defender Gianluca Festa as head coach following Zdenek Zeman's resignation.

Zeman quit his post at the Serie A strugglers on Tuesday, ending his second spell of the campaign at the Sardinian club, and Festa has assumed control for the closing weeks of the season.

Festa – who started his playing career at Cagliari – will be assisted by David Suazo and Gustavo Aragolaza, Gianfranco Ibba and Giomaria Ruiu as he looks to lift the club out of the bottom three.

With seven games to go, Cagliari are 19th in the league table and nine points from safety.

Festa, 46, is the club's third different coach of the season, with another fomer fans' favourite Gianfranco Zola having endured a torrid 11-game spell at the helm.

Keisuke Honda

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sampdoria rubbish reports linking Mihajlovic to Napoli

23 April 2015

832476header.jpg

Sampdoria strongly denied Sinisa Mihajlovic has already agreed a deal to coach Serie A rivals Napoli at the end of the 2014-15 campaign, condemning the "destabilising stories" in a statement released on Wednesday.

Reports in the Italian media claim Mihajlovic met Napoli officials and reached an agreement to move to Stadio San Paolo next term, with Rafael Benitez tipped to leave Naples amid talk of a return to the Premier League.

Benitez is reportedly in contention to replace Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini for a solitary season ahead of Pep Guardiola's possible arrival in 2016.

However, Sampdoria poured cold water over the ongoing speculation with the club fifth in the league standings and in the hunt for European football.

"With regards to the stories that appeared this morning about a supposed meeting last week with Napoli directors to sign a deal for the following seasons, Sinisa Mihajlovic firmly rejects this version of events and is astonished that destabilising stories on his future and that of Sampdoria players can emerge in the days before a very important game," the statement read.

"The club, the coach and the team are concentrated only and exclusively on this match and the sporting objectives to be achieved in this important final stage of the season."

Sampdoria travel to fourth-placed Napoli on Sunday.

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez hints at Napoli stay

22 April 2015

832036header.jpg

Rafael Benitez has hinted he could remain with Napoli if the club invests in their squad.

Benitez is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a number of coaching positions elsewhere.

A return to Liverpool and a move to Manchester City have both been mooted as possibilities for the Spaniard, whose side face Wolfsburg in the UEFA Europa League quarter-final second leg on Thursday with a 4-1 advantage from the first game.

But Benitez told a press conference ahead of that encounter: "Winning tomorrow is crucial to give ourselves the opportunity of reaching the final and possibly winning the Europa League.

"Napoli belongs to the city, and to the fans. If this city sees the team reach the final it will be a source of pride.

"Then, if the club plans to grow, I will talk with my family and assess the possibility of staying."

Juventus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juventus directors extend stay

23 April 2015

832872header.jpg

Juventus have handed new three-year contracts to seven sporting directors, including chief executive Giuseppe Marotta.

The Italian champions are cruising to a fourth consecutive Serie A crown and have also reached the Coppa Italia final and the last four of the UEFA Champions league.

However, their post-season is expected to be a busy one, with Paul Pogba again likely to be linked to a host of European rivals and Carlos Tevez remaining in Boca Juniors' sights.

While the corridors of power at Juventus Stadium are sure to be hectic, the men making the decisions can at least relax in the knowledge their own positions appear safe.

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Insigne eyeing all-Italian Europa League final

23 April 2015

lorenzoinsigne-cropped_nh9os3a7pp81zq67mx46pwjd.jpg

Lorenzo Insigne hopes Napoli avoid Fiorentina in the UEFA Europa League last four so they can meet their Serie A rivals in the final.

Rafael Benitez's side confirmed their place in the semi-finals on Thursday after a 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg, giving them a 6-3 aggregate win and a place in Friday's draw.

Insigne, a second-half substitute, praised Napoli's efforts to keep going in the competition and admitted he has set his sights on meeting Fiorentina in Warsaw.

"We have reached a very important target, we gave our all to get here and now we will give everything to go all the way," he told Mediaset.

"We deserve it as a group, as we are so united. We hope to reach the final in Warsaw and win the trophy with this jersey.

"It would be a great sign for Italian football if we [Napoli and Fiorentina] both reached the final. I can promise we will give everything in every competition to go as far as possible for Napoli."

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez undecided on Napoli future

23 April 2015

833042header.jpg

Napoli coach Rafael Benitez said he is still unsure where his future lies, though a lot rests on next week's meeting with club president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Out of contract at the end of the season, Benitez is tipped to leave Naples, with Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic reportedly in talks to take the reins.

Benitez wants Napoli, who advanced to the UEFA Europa League semi-finals on Thursday via a 6-3 aggregate victory over Wolfsburg, to reinvest in the squad before he makes a decision on his future.

"I am waiting. We will speak in a few days, I want to know what his plans are for the future and if he feels I am a part of those plans," Benitez said following Thursday's 2-2 draw. "Nothing has changed, so I am still waiting to see the business plan.

"Next week if he shows me the business plan and it is positive, then we can continue together. Otherwise we'll work and look at other possibilities.

"I have always said that what Aurelio has done here is fantastic. Now we have reached a point where it is difficult to take that extra step up, but it's important for the fans to see their team do well in Europe.

"The supporters want to win titles and play in the Champions League. We're still in the running for a top-three finish in Serie A and now must concentrate on the game with Sampdoria [on Sunday]."

Napoli will face either Sevilla, Fiorentina or Dnipro in the semis of the Europa League, while the club are fourth in Serie A with seven matches remaining.