• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2014-15 ║

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gaya gets new Valencia deal

8 May 2015 15:24

841098header.jpg

Valencia have tied down full-back Jose Luis Gaya to a new five-year contract, ending speculation around a move away from the Mestalla.

The 19-year-old has impressed for the Liga outfit this term and was reportedly attracting the attentions of Real Madrid and Manchester City.

Gaya's previous deal was thought to include an €18million release clause, but reports suggest that has been increased to €50m under the fresh terms.

"I am very happy and proud to extend my deal with Valencia," he said. "It's what I wanted from the beginning and in the end things have turned out as both parties wanted.

"We've both emerged as winners from this and it is another dream come true.

"It was very exciting to debut in the Primera Division with Valencia and now I have signed on for five more years.

"I want to thank the club for this renewal. May 25th is my birthday and there is no better early gift."

Nuno Espirito Santo's side sit fourth, having lost just one of their last 14 league games, ahead of Saturday's trip to Real Madrid.

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benzema in line for Real return

8 May 2015 17:02

841158header.jpg

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema is in line to return from a knee injury on Saturday as Real Madrid welcome Valencia to the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Frenchman has not featured for Real in almost a month - having injured ligaments in his right knee in mid-April.

However, Benzema is in the squad for this weekend's La Liga fixture and will likely feature in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League semi-final second leg against Juventus.

Real trail 2-1 in the tie after Tuesday's first-leg defeat at the Juventus Stadium.

"He's available, but he isn't fully fit," Ancelotti explained at a news conference on Friday.

"He feels fine and I'll decide tomorrow whether he'll make the team or start on the bench."

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moyes full of admiration for Messi

8 May 2015 19:02

841234header.jpg

Real Sociedad head coach David Moyes has repeated Pep Guardiola's warning and suggested no side is capable of restraining the threat of Lionel Messi.

The Argentina forward was at his stunning best in midweek, scoring twice in Barca's 3-0 success over Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League.

That brace included a sublime virtuoso effort that helped put his side on the verge of reaching the final, with attentions now reverting to La Liga's title battle as Sociedad travel to Camp Nou on Saturday.

Moyes' Sociedad have already beaten Barca this term, but, as the Scot targets a double, he waxed lyrical about Messi's talents.

"No-one can defend against Messi," the former Manchester United boss said.

"He may have the odd off day, but he's one of the best players of all time. Teams try and stop him but he carries on, makes no fuss.

"I admire Messi for what he represents, his fantastic football and the fact that he doesn't dive or fake injury - things that repulse me in the world of football."

Barca lead rivals Real Madrid by two points at the summit going into the final three games of the campaign.

With Luis Enrique on course for a treble in his first season at the helm, Moyes added: "They have a great team aside from Messi and can call on the likes of Neymar, [Andres] Iniesta and Xavi.

"I have nothing but admiration for Iniesta and Xavi, two of the finest players in the past decade.

"But we will travel to Barcelona with that intention [of winning again] but we are also realistic enough to know that Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world.

"We hope to put on a good performance and hope to secure a positive result."

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Real Madrid top Forbes list for third straight year

6 May 2015 17:04

839989header.jpg

Despite a five per cent decrease in their value, Real Madrid kept their place atop Forbes' list of the most valuable football teams in the world.

Real have topped the list since displacing Manchester United in 2013 and, with a value of $3.3billion, are once again at the summit ahead of arch rivals Barcelona ($3.2bn).

The reigning European champions' total revenue of $746million is the highest of any sports team on the planet.

Eight Premier League teams feature in the top 20 of Forbes' list, which is put together by using equity and net debt based on current stadium deals, pre-tax operating income and player trading.

United, whose operating income of $211million dwarfs that of any other club, are third on the list with a value of $3.1bn. Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are also in the top 10.

The value of Premier League teams seems likely to only increase thanks to a new domestic TV deal that pays an average of $2.7bn annually for three years starting from the 2016-17 season.

Forbes says that when the Premier League's international rights are finalised at the end of the year, its total media rights will surpass $4bn - second only to the NFL's national rights ($5bn).

Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are fourth on the list, with Serie A duo Juventus and Milan - who suffered a 10 per cent drop in value - rounding off the top 10.

The top 20 teams are worth an average of $1.16bn, which represents an 11 per cent increase from last year.

Top 20:

1.Real Madrid $3.26bn
2. Barcelona $3.16bn
3. Manchester United $3.10bn
4. Bayern Munich $2.35bn
5. Manchester City $1.38bn
6. Chelsea $1.37bn
7. Arsenal $1.31bn
8. Liverpool $982m
9. Juventus $837m
10. Milan $775m
11. Borussia Dortmund $700m
12. Paris Saint-Germain $634m
13. Tottenham $600m
14. Schalke $572m
15. Inter $439m
16. Atletico Madrid $436m
17. Napoli $353m
18. Newcastle United $349m
19. West Ham United $309m

20. Galatasaray $294m

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moyes: Moving to Sociedad was a gamble

9 May 2015

841488header.jpg

Real Sociedad boss David Moyes admits his decision to move to San Sebastian from the Premier League was "a gamble".

The Scot previously spent 11 years at Everton, which finally came to an end when he was appointed as Alex Ferguson's successor at Manchester United ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

The move did not work out for Moyes, however, and he departed Old Trafford after 10 months in charge as United missed out on European qualification.

In November last year, Moyes accepted the role at Sociedad, and has guided the club to 11th in La Liga with three matches remaining.

"I saw potential to build. It was a gamble but it was the right time," he told The Guardian.

"I wasn't going to sit about for six months. I wanted to work abroad, learn a new language, new football.

"I think it was a brave decision. I turned down Premier League jobs; I didn't think they were right. I would never have left Everton if it hadn't been Manchester United.

"I was [supposed to be] there six years and you think United give managers time. I'd worked incredibly hard to get to the top and it was taken away from me very quickly.

"I didn't want the disappointment to last. I had to take a step back and climb up again. I wanted somewhere I'd be allowed to work, where I could enjoy football again."

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Barca poised for title as Real stumble

9 May 2015

841929header.jpg

Real Madrid overcame a two-goal deficit to salvage a 2-2 draw with Valencia, but the result done little to aid the club's title bid.

Despite second-half goals from Pepe and Isco, Real are four points adrift of top spot with two fixtures remaining after Barcelona accounted for Real Sociedad 2-0 earlier on Saturday.

Real controlled much of the first half and were denied by the crossbar twice early on through Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo before an injury to Toni Kroos was quickly followed by Paco Alcacer's 19th-minute opener.

Javi Fuego doubled Valencia's lead seven minutes after, and then goalkeeper Diego Alves equalled Andoni Zubizarreta's record of 16 penalty saves in La Liga, as he thwarted Ronaldo just before the interval following a foul on Bale.

The Real fightback began 11 minutes into the second half as Pepe headed in from a corner and, although Alvaro Negredo saw two chances go begging, former Valencia youngster Isco was the next on the scoresheet, sealing a draw in spectacular fashion six minutes from time.

Neymar helped to keep Barcelona on course for La Liga glory with the decisive goal in a battling win at home to Sociedad.

After a scoreless opening half, Neymar made the breakthrough in the 51st minute for his 22nd league goal this term.

Pedro put the result beyond doubt with five minutes remaining at Camp Nou.

Elsewhere, Deportivo La Coruna climbed out of the relegation zone thanks to Alberto Lopo, whose injury-time equaliser earned a 1-1 draw at Athletic Club.

Granada - 18th in the standings and level on points with Deportivo - also boosted their survival chances with a 2-0 win over cellar-dwelling Cordoba.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kroos allays injury fears

10 May 2015

842088header.jpg

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has moved to ease fears over the thigh injury he suffered in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Valencia.

Kroos was forced off 25 minutes into the dramatic La Liga clash at the Santiago Bernabeu, which saw Real cede crucial ground to barcelona in the title race, despite coming from 2-0 down.

The Germany international's knock was particularly untimely,coming just four days before the second leg of Real's UEFA Champions League semi-final tie with Juventus, which the Italian side lead 2-1 after last week's fixture in Turin.

But the former Bayern Munich man posted on his Twitter account: "Thank you for your kind messages! I've just been through the examination. Dont [sic] worry. Let's focus on Wednesday!"

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maradona: Messi and Ronaldo operate at same level

10 May 2015

842158header.jpg

Diego Maradona reckons any debate over whether Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo or vice versa is flawed as the duo are equally matched.

The best two players in world football have again showcased their talismanic qualities this season, Messi netting 53 goals in all competitions for Barcelona and Ronaldo scoring one more for Real Madrid.

Legends of the game past and present tend to take sides when discussing the qualities of Messi and Ronaldo, but Maradona believes they are on a par with each other.

"It's not the case that Messi is better than Ronaldo or Ronaldo is better than Messi. I think they are at the same level," Maradona told Sky Sports.

"Cristiano is a predator in front of goal. You can’t let Cristiano shoot from anywhere in the opposition half.

"Goalkeepers are scared of him. You have to be honest, goalkeepers are scared of Cristiano. They are not so scared of Messi in those areas because he doesn't have the same power as Cristiano.

"Cristiano is an incredible professional. I think at this present time he is right up there at Messi's level."

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simeone: Atletico closer to objective after draw

10 May 2015

842227header.jpg

Diego Simeone was able to find positives from Atletico Madrid's 2-2 draw at Levante on Sunday as his side edged closer to a top-three finish in La Liga.

The point - rescued by a late Fernando Torres header – moves Atletico four points clear of Valencia with two games remaining, although those matches are in doubt due to a potential strike over the distribution of television money.

While disappointed to not win, Simeone was pleased to extend Atletico's unbeaten league run to 13 games.

"I think it is a good result," he said. "We did all we could to try to win the game.

"When a team plays well, it has chances to score and it comes back twice from a negative situation, it speaks highly of how competitive the team is.

"Luckily, the goal came that brought us closer to our objective, which was to win."

Simeone had particular praise for Torres, who came on to replace Mario Mandzukic and score his third Liga goal since returning to his boyhood club.

The Atletico coach added: "Entering as he did, whether it is in Villarreal or here today, because of his power, his speed, his freshness and, above all, when the opponent is tired, he plays much better."

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Atletico boost Champions League hopes

10 May 2015

842483header.jpg

Atletico Madrid needed a late Fernando Torres header to earn a 2-2 draw with Levante and strengthen their grip on third place in La Liga.

Torres came off the bench to meet Koke's 80th-minute corner and his powerful effort crept past Diego Marino at the near post, to save third-placed Atletico from a disappointing defeat at Estadi Ciutat de Valencia on Sunday.

Despite controlling possession early, Atletico fell behind just after the half-hour as David Barral netted his 11th of the La Liga season from close range.

That lead was wiped out almost immediately, though, as Guilherme Siqueira registered his first Atletico goal with a neat volley from six yards.

Chances were few and far between early in the second half until Kalu Uche was presented with an opportunity, the Nigerian gratefully accepting at the second attempt.

Atletico's attempts to get back into the game looked to be coming up short, until Torres rose to score his third league goal since re-joining his boyhood club.

It moved Atletico four points clear of Valencia in the race for a top-three place and automatic qualification for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

Sevilla also failed to win on Sunday, drawing 1-1 with Celta Vigo.

With an eye on the second leg of their UEFA Europa League semi-final, Unai Emery named regulars Carlos Bacca, Aleix Vidal, Vitolo, Ever Banega and Daniel Carrico on the bench.

But that did not hamper Sevilla, with Kevin Gameiro firing the visitors into an eighth-minute lead from close range.

Sevilla were wasteful in front of goal and they were punished 13 minutes into the second half, when Santi Mina converted a penalty for Celta.

Sevilla remain fifth in the standings, 13 points clear of Villarreal, who edged Elche 1-0.

Meanwhile, Malaga - seventh in the table - overcame Almeria 2-1.

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona to stand trial over Neymar signing

13 May 2015

843854header.jpg

Barcelona will stand trial over claims the club attempted to mislead tax authorities over the signing of Brazil captain Neymar.

Neymar was officially signed for €57.1million from Santos in May 2013, but it was later claimed that the transfer's total cost was around €95.1m – the vast majority of which was said to be tied up in bonus payments and agency fees paid to the player's father.

The Camp Nou outfit have faced a legal battle for more than a year after a club member asked for full details of the striker's signing to be published, which revealed an apparent misappropriation of funds.

Judge Pablo Ruz stated in March that he had finished his investigation into the matter and that Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu, his predecessor Sandro Rosell and the club itself would all stand trial.

And Jose de la Mata, who has since taken over from Ruz in heading up the case, on Wednesday gave the defendants 10 days to submit statements.

Barcelona have previously denied any wrongdoing, while no date has yet been set for the trial.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti suspended for final two Liga games

13 May 2015

843766header.jpg

Real Madrid will have to contest their La Liga run-in without coach Carlo Ancelotti in the dugout after he was hit with a two-match touchline ban.

The charge relates to Real's 2-2 draw with Valencia last weekend, when Ancelotti allegedly sarcastically applauded match referee Carlos Clos Gomez.

Ancelotti was found to be in breach of the Spanish Football Federation's rule 117, which declares that anyone who "address referees, managers or officials in terms or attitudes of contempt or disregard…are punishable by suspension".

The Italian will serve the sanction for the matches away to Espanyol and at home to Getafe, as Real attempt to overhaul Barcelona's four-point advantage at the summit.

Real take on Juventus at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, aiming to overturn a 2-1 deficit from the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final, with Barcelona awaiting the victors.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti to discuss Real future

13 May 2015

844137header.jpg

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is set for crunch talks over his future following his side's UEFA Champions League exit at the hands of Juventus.

The defending champions moved ahead on away goals courtesy of Cristiano Ronaldo's first-half penalty, but were ultimately undone by former Real man Alvaro Morata, who struck after 57 minutes to send Juve into the final as 3-2 aggregate winners.

Real's European shortcomings compound a miserable period for the Santiago Bernabeu outfit, with hopes of winning La Liga all but ended by a 2-2 draw with Valencia on Saturday.

"We have 15 days to work, two games," Ancelotti told Sky Sports. "After that we can have a talk with the club."

But Ancelotti refused to be critical of his players following their Champions League elimination.

"We played at our best but we were unlucky," he added. "We had a lot of opportunities but we were unlucky.

"We had a a lot of chances to score a second but we were not able to."

Commenting on the performance of Gareth Bale, who was subjected to heavy criticism for his first-leg showing and missed numerous opportunities to force extra time on Wednesday, Ancelotti remarked: "He played better, he worked hard - as did the team - but it was not enough."

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Judgement on Spanish football strike looms

13 May 2015

844023header.jpg

A High Court decision over whether a potential Spanish football strike will be allowed to take place looks set to be announced on Thursday.

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) last week confirmed plans to suspend all domestic competition from May 16 due to a dispute with the government.

The row centres on a new law relating to distribution of television money, and the strike action has received the support of the Spanish players' union (AFE).

A decision was due to be made in Madrid on Wednesday as to whether the strike would be legal, but that verdict was not forthcoming.

The Spanish High Court reportedly adjourned after hearing from representatives of the RFEF, AFE and the Spanish league (LFP).

Barcelona only need a victory against reigning champions Atletico Madrid on Sunday to win the La Liga title, but they could yet win the championship without having to play their last two matches.

The strike could also lead to the cancellation or postponement of Barca's Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao, scheduled for May 30.

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marcelo defends Ancelotti, Ronaldo

14 May 2015

844109header.jpg

Real Madrid left back Marcelo defended the positions of coach Carlo Ancelotti and attacker Cristiano Ronaldo, after their UEFA Champions League exit.

Ronaldo's penalty at the Santiago Bernabeu put the European champions on the brink of progressing to the final in Berlin, but Juventus fought back to claim a 3-2 aggregate win in their semi-final - with former Real man Alvaro Morata scoring the tie winner.

Any time the star-studded Real lose, Ronaldo is one of the names in the gun for the Madrid outfit - but Marcelo said criticism of the Portugal international was unfair.

"Cristiano has not had a dip in form," the defender said via Real's official website.

"You are used to seeing him score three or four goals per game and when he scores one you say his form has dipped.

"He is a machine, he works extremely hard and helps the team. It is unfair to talk of a dip in form."

Ronaldo's goal extended Real's streak of scoring at the Bernabeu to 52 games.

Marcelo also stood in support of under-pressure boss Ancelotti, who is on the verge of ending a season title-less.

"Madrid always fight for everything and this season we are no longer going to be able to fight for two titles," the Brazilian defender said.

"La Liga is very difficult but not impossible. We are going to fight and try to win the last two games and see what happens.

"The manager is a winner. This year we have not been able to win two titles but I think that Ancelotti will stay on because he is a great manager."

Right back Dani Carvajal said Juve protected their tie lead in a professional fashion.

"We will return stronger next year. We want to thank them [the fans] for tonight, from the moment we arrived in the stadium. We battled, we tried everything and it wasn't to be," Carvajal said.

"Juve closed down well after the goal, we had several clear chances but we are left wishing we could have reached the Champions League final."

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Calderon: Only Bale will decide his Real future

14 May 2015

844364header.jpg

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon cannot see Gareth Bale departing the Santiago Bernabeu in the close-season unless his heart is set on a move away from the Spanish capital.

Bale has faced criticism following recent performances, including after both legs of Real's UEFA Champions League semi-final against Juventus that came to a thrilling climax on Wednesday as the Serie A champions progressed 3-2 on aggregate.

The Wales international's agent has suggested that Bale's team-mates do not pass to him enough, prompting speculation that his stay with the club could be cut short two years after joining from Tottenham.

However, Calderon told talkSPORT: "I think Gareth Bale will stay at Real Madrid. As I always say, it's the player who decides whether he leaves or not.

"I don't see Real Madrid selling him now, having paid more than €100m for him. He'll only leave if he says, 'I'm not happy here, I want to leave'.

"That's the only situation I can see him leaving the club. He wasn't the worst player against Juventus, he was unlucky not to score.

"I don't think he's been a failure. He came with a higher transfer fee than Cristiano Ronaldo so people are always going to compare Bale with him.

"They want to see him be better than Ronaldo, to score more goals. It's impossible, though.

"It's unfair to say he's failed. Real Madrid are very demanding, they want to win all of the titles every year, but it's impossible."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

High court suspends Spanish football strike

14 May 2015

844256header.jpg

A High Court has suspended a proposed Spanish football strike, it was confirmed on Thursday.

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) announced last week their plans to suspend all domestic competition from May 16 over an ongoing dispute with the government.

The row centres on a new law relating to distribution of television money, and the strike drew the support of the Spanish players' union (AFE).

It threatened to bring a premature end to the domestic season, with Barcelona requiring a victory against reigning champions Atletico Madrid on Sunday to win the Liga title ahead of rivals Real Madrid, while Barca's Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao was also in jeopardy.

However, the Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) challenged the ruling and the High Court has decided to suspend the strike.

A decision was expected to made on Wednesday, but the case was adjourned until the following day.

A statement from the High Court read: "The Social Chamber of the High Court suspends the strike called by the Association of Spanish Footballers (AFE) for the next two days of the championship.

"In a ruling, the judges determine the suspension of the strike to the provision of a bond by the LFP of five million euros to be deposited in the bank account of the Chamber before three o'clock."

The RFEF also confirmed that the suspension has been lifted, thus ensuring there is no obstacle to this weekend's matches going ahead.

A statement from the RFEF said: "Taking into account the order made by the High Court on this day, the Spanish Football Federation proceedes to lift the measure agreed on May 6, 2015, providing that the competitions are played according to the schedule and times originally planned.

"Notice to the clubs and Sport Associations of First, Second and Second "B" Divisions of the Professional National Football League, the regional level federations and the Technical Committee of Referees."

Last week the AFE aligned itself with the RFEF at a news conference, with the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Gerard Pique, Iker Casillas, Dani Parejo and Carlos Vela among the Liga players present at the briefing.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti keen for Real stay

14 May 2015

844173header.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti wants to remain at Real Madrid, but knows the European champions may opt to replace him.

The Italian is under pressure after Real's UEFA Champions League semi-final exit at the hands of Juventus on Wednesday.

With Barcelona needing only one win to seal the La Liga title, Ancelotti and Real may finish the season with just the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup to show for their efforts.

When asked about his future, Ancelotti said: "I don't have to say anything,

"I will stay here if the club is happy with my two years here, if they don't, they will have to take a decision.

"I would like to stay here but I know how it works in the football world, because the club has the right to change the coach if they are not happy."

Ancelotti is set to hold talks with the club at the end of the season and said it is not for him to assess the job he has done in the 2014/15 campaign.

"I don't have to grade myself. I'd always give myself 10 out of 10 because I devote a lot of time to my work," Ancelotti said.

"I don't think it's fair for me to give myself a mark; it's up to the club to judge a coach's work."

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga strike would have caused ´serious organisational disorder´

14 May 2015

844375header.jpg

The High Court order which suspended the proposed strike in Spanish football has said any such movement would have caused "serious organisational disorder".

Last week, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) announced plans to suspend all domestic competition from May 16 over an ongoing dispute with the government relating to the distribution of television money.

The strike earned the support of the Spanish players' union (AFE), but it was challenged by the Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) and on Thursday the High Court found in the league's favour.

"The court order, concurring with the arguments put forward by La Liga, states that a strike would prevent professional competitions being organised by this sporting association, therefore provoking "serious organisational disorder", adding "it would be very difficult to resolve the remaining fixtures given the international commitments of the Spain team and other clubs, as well as the footballers’ holidays," an LFP statement read.

"The court order calls for the suspension of the strike called by the AFE, and which, on behalf of La Liga, will present a legal guarantee in front of the court before 1500 on Thursday. Said guarantee has been adopted by La Liga in the Social Court Room of the National High Court and, therefore, in agreement with the arguments put forward by La Liga, the strike promoted by the AFE has been suspended and declared null.

"The president of La Liga, Javier Tebas, this morning attended part of the plenary session in the Spanish Congress, which will ratify the Royal Decree 5/2015 of 30 April concerning the distribution of television rights in Spanish football.

"Upon arriving in Congress, Javier Tebas said: 'The cronyism between the AFE and RFEF has been displayed for everyone to see. Now there will be football.'"

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suarez nursing hamstring injury

14 May 2015

844435header.jpg

Luis Suarez did not take part in Barcelona training on Thursday due to a left hamstring problem.

The Camp Nou outfit returned to work having been given a day off following their UEFA Champions League aggregate semi-final triumph over Bayern Munich, with Suarez forced off at half-time.

It is as yet unclear whether Suarez's problem will keep him sidelined for Sunday's clash with Atletico Madrid, but Barca will be hoping the Uruguayan can re-assume his place alongside Neymar and Lionel Messi in the Catalan giants' fearsome front three as soon as possible.

Victory against Atleti would see Barca secure the La Liga title.

Dani Alves also trained alone, although no explanation was offered by the club.