• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2014-15 ║

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti ´happy´ for Ronaldo´s goal drought to continue

30 April 2015

836523header.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo does not have to score again this season to make coach Carlo Ancelotti happy, according to the Real Madrid boss.

Ronaldo was not on the scoresheet in Real's 3-0 win over Almeria at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday, marking three games in all competitions in which the Portuguese star has not struck.

The two-time Ballon d'Or winner showed signs of frustration when Alvaro Arbeloa tapped in for Real's third goal on Wednesday, as he was waiting just behind his team-mate to convert into the empty net.

Coming into the fixture, Ronaldo had scored five out of the past seven times he faced Almeria.

"I'm not worried for Cristiano because he's fine," Ancelotti said.

"He recovered very well and he is not tired. He's fresh.

"It's true that he didn't score today even though he tried so much.

"He worked well, showing freshness. If he didn't score today, it means he will do so on Saturday."

Even if Ancelotti's prediction Ronaldo will score at Sevilla does not come to fruition it will not bother the Italian.

"In my opinion if Cristiano doesn't score any more goals in the remainder of the season I will be happy," Ancelotti said of Ronaldo, who has scored 40 goals in Spanish competitions and another 10 in Europe this term.

"He's already scored 50. I never had a striker that scored 50 goals."

Ancelotti said a decision was still to be made on attacker Gareth Bale's fitness, while Karim Benzema is in line to take on Juventus in their UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg in Italy on May 5.

"Bale worked away from the group. It's likely he will train tomorrow [Thursday] with the group. We'll see tomorrow morning," he said.

"Karim keeps working individually also. His condition is improving a lot. We think he can travel to Turin."

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Preview: Casillas prefers Champions League

1 May 2015

837069header.jpg

Real Madrid are within touching distance of table-topping Barcelona but veteran goalkeeper Iker Casillas said he would take the UEFA Champions League title over La Liga.

Only two points separate Real and Barca with four matches remaining in La Liga, after both teams claimed respective wins during the week.

Real accounted for relegation-threatened Almeria 3-0 on Wednesday, while Barca consolidated top spot via a 6-0 drubbing of Getafe a day earlier.

Carlo Ancelotti's Real are back in action on Saturday as they prepare to visit fifth-placed Sevilla, who are still in the hunt for Champions League qualification.

However, winning an unprecedented second consecutive Champions League title is the aim for Real, who face Juventus in the semi-finals of the competition.

"The coach already pointed out that the Champions League is easier to win," Casillas said on Thursday.

"The Champions League is still in our hands whilst the league title is currently in Barca's hands. The last four teams remaining in the Champions League all have a 25 per cent chance of winning.

"Traditionally Madrid fans prefer European competition and winning the highest honour in Europe for the second year running would be special as it's never been done before."

Sevilla are level on 69 points with Valencia, who occupy the fourth and final Champions League spot on goal difference following their 1-1 draw at Rayo Vallecano on Thursday.

Valencia host out-of-form Eibar on Sunday.

Barca are on the road against Cordoba on Saturday, with victory enough to consolidate their two-point buffer at the summit.

Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez both scored twice during the week as Barca's unbeaten streak in all competitions extended to 15 games.

"The season so far is excellent. Based on the results, we're back on the path to excellence," Barca president Josep Maria was quoted as saying by Marca.

"The team is highly motivated; we've managed to put together the best front line in the world, and all under a new coach."

Cordoba have all but been relegated to the second tier of Spanish football, with the club 11 points adrift at the foot of the table with 12 points still up for grabs.

Elsewhere on Saturday, third-placed Atletico Madrid entertain Athletic Bilbao.

Deportivo La Coruna - 18th in the standings - tackle Villarreal.

On Sunday, Malaga go head-to-head with Elche, Granada make the trip to Getafe and Espanyol play Rayo.

Almeria versus Celta Vigo is the Monday fixture, while Real Sociedad and Levante kick-off the round on Friday.

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao: Torres wants more of the same

30 April 2015

836550header.jpg

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has urged his side to keep focused on their UEFA Champions League goal ahead of Saturday's home clash with Athletic Bilbao.

Torres scored the sole goal on Wednesday as Atletico recorded a hard-earned victory over Villarreal that sent them six points clear of fourth-placed Sevilla in La Liga.

The top three sides in Spain automatically qualify for next season's Champions League group stages and, with just four matches of the season remaining, Diego Simeone's men are well-placed to achieve that feat.

Winning at Villarreal, who sit sixth, was seen as significant in that bid, although Atleti will face a Bilbao side unbeaten in three games.

And Torres said accumulation of points is still his side's focus.

"Adding points is important to bring us closer to our objective," Torres told Canal+.

"[Wins] bring us closer to the objective. We know that for us, for the year coming, and for the club, it is essential to be in the Champions League.

"The sooner we begin to add points and reach that goal, the better it will be for everyone."

The Spanish striker has battled for league goals at Atletico but his winner on Wednesday was his second of the season.

Atletico, knocked out of the Champions League quarter-finals by archrivals Real Madrid last week, are unbeaten in 11 La Liga fixtures.

They have recorded three successive wins, conceding just one goal in the process.

Bilbao, who sit eighth, were held to a 1-1 draw against a 10-man Real Sociedad on Tuesday.

Aritz Aduriz scored in that match, continuing his excellent season. The forward has bagged 15 goals in 28 league fixtures.

Atletico have won the last five encounters between the two sides, including a 4-1 road win earlier this season. Antoine Griezmann scored a hat-trick on that occasion.

Bilbao's last win at Atletico came in January 2011, when Gaizka Toquero scored both goals in a 2-0 triumph.

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cordoba v Barcelona: Hosts face likely relegation

30 April 2015

0.jpg

Barcelona defender Marc Bartra knows his team cannot afford to take their eye off the ball ahead of Saturday's trip to doomed Cordoba.

The Catalan giants begin a massive UEFA Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich - the side who thrashed them 7-0 at the same stage of the 2012-13 competition - at home on Wednesday.

But before that comes a Liga clash at Cordoba where defeat could deal a hammer blow to their title hopes. Table-toppers Barcelona lead arch-rivals Real Madrid by just two points with four matches remaining. And rock-bottom Cordoba have everything to play for also, knowing failure to win will see them relegated.

So despite the distraction of the Bayern clash, Bartra has called for focus.

He told the club's official website: "The best thing for us is to focus on the next game.

"That's what the coach [Luis Enrique] preaches and it's the best thing we can do. We've been that way all season and it has brought us here - alive in all three competitions."

Barcelona will contest the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao at the end of May.

Luis Enrique's men are 15 games unbeaten, with their last defeat coming against Malaga in February. Since then, they have won 14, scored 41 goals and conceded just eight times.

Their last four wins have seen them keep clean sheets and Bartra is hopeful of more of the same.

"Our lines are much tighter [at the moment], which keeps us on our toes and gives us a better shot at winning," he added.

Barca's latest success saw them thump Getafe 6-0 with both Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez netting doubles.

Forward Neymar also scored in a match that Luis Enrique said his side were 'unstoppable' in, as Barca's much-vaunted front three took their combined total of goals this season into three figures.

Cordoba enter the match in awful form, without a win in 16 matches since January 12.

They lost 1-0 at Levante on Tuesday and it is little wonder they find themselves 11 points adrift of safety with four matches remaining.

Barcelona beat Cordoba 7-0 on aggregate in the 2012-13 Copa del Rey and their meeting earlier this season brought another comfortable success.

A 5-0 win at Camp Nou in December was notable for Suarez's first Liga goal. The Uruguayan has netted another 12 since.

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sevilla v Real Madrid: Crucial test ahead for European champions

30 April 2015

836648header.jpg

Real Madrid's title bid comes to a crucial juncture on Saturday when they travel to fourth-placed Sevilla.

The European champions sit second in the table, two points behind leaders Barcelona with four matches to play. Real have won six straight Liga fixtures since losing 2-1 to Barcelona, scoring 24 goals in the process.

But they are relying on a slip-up from Barcelona if they are to win the league and a trip to Sevilla provides a tricky task.

Sevilla have won their last two home matches against Real, but defender Pepe insists his side are up for the challenge.

"We have to keep working and fighting to win La Liga," Pepe told Real's official website.

"That's the obligation that comes with wearing the Real Madrid jersey - working hard and showing determination.

"Now we have an important game coming up on Saturday against Sevilla and we need to prepare for it well.

"We are going to fight for the Liga title right until the end."

Real's latest success was a 3-0 win against Almeria on Wednesday, highlighted by a thumping James Rodriguez volley.

Carlo Ancelotti's side have proven inconsistent on the road in recent times, though, losing three of their last six away games in La Liga.

Cristiano Ronaldo is going through a rough trot by his standards, only scoring once in the last five matches. But Sevilla will be wary of the man who scored both goals when Real beat them 2-0 in August's UEFA Super Cup.

Ronaldo was absent for the Liga clash in Madrid earlier this season, which Real edged 2-1.

Sevilla will enter the match in good form, unbeaten in their last nine Liga fixtures.

That form has seen them rise to fourth, one point above Valencia in the race for a place in the qualifying rounds of next season's UEFA Champions League.

Wednesday's 3-1 success at Eibar featured two goals for Carlos Bacca.

The Colombian has enjoyed another excellent season in front of goal and looms as Sevilla's main threat having found the net 19 times this season.

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Granada part company with Resino

1 May 2015

837191header.jpg

Abel Resino has parted company with relegation-threatened Granada after less than four months in charge of the Liga club.

Resino took from Joaquin Caparros as head coach on January 19, after the latter paid the price for a run of 15 Liga matches without a win that left the club bottom of the league.

However, results have failed to pick up at Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes and Thursday's 2-1 defeat to Espanyol means Granada are 19th, six points adrift of safety with four games left.

Granada released a statement on their official website confirming Resino's departure, with an announcement on his successor to be made in due course.

Resino, who also had a spell in charge of Granada in 2012, oversaw just two victories during his second stint and the club are on an eight-match winless run.

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardado signs PSV deal

1 May 2015

837185header.jpg

Andres Guardado is eager to claim more silverware with PSV after signing a three-year contract with the Eredivisie champions.

The Mexico midfielder joined the club on loan from Valencia at the start of the season and has played 33 times for Philip Cocu's side in all competitions, helping them to their first league title since 2008.

PSV announced last month that a deal had been agreed with Guardado's parent club for a permanent transfer, and the 28-year-old has now put pen to paper.

"This day is very special and very important for me, for my family and for my career," he told he club's official website. "I am very happy to have signed this contract.

"It has been a complete year in every respect for me, I hope the coming years equal what has been achieved this year.

"Playing in the Champions League is fantastic, it is the best club tournament in the world. It's a dream to play football in it, I hope to play well in it next year with PSV."

Sporting director Marcel Brands believes Guardado has a big part to play in PSV's quest for more trophies.

"Andres was a key pillar in the championship winning team and we hope to continue to benefit from his quality in the coming years," he said.

"He is a very stable player with lots of experience. The other players also have great respect for him."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Messi expecting second child

30 April 2015

836722header.jpg

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has confirmed he is expecting a second child with partner Antonella Roccuzzo.

The Argentina international already has one child – Thiago – with Ms Roccuzzo, and Messi took to Instagram to announce the impending arrival of a new member of his family.

Underneath a picture of his son kissing the stomach of his partner, Messi wrote: "Can't wait to welcome you into our world!!!! We love you! Thiagui, mum and dad."

Messi has been in supreme for Barca this season with 49 goals in all competitions, and he will hope to claim a European and domestic treble before the end of the campaign.

Barca sit top of La Liga by two points with four games to go, meet Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey final on May 30, and face Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg on Wednesday.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suarez on best behaviour at Barca - Luis Enrique

1 May 2015

837276header.jpg

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique thinks striker Luis Suarez has improved both his behaviour and attitude following his close-season move to Camp Nou.

The Uruguayan arrived from Liverpool in July last year serving a ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup in Brazil.

It was the latest addition to a Suarez rap sheet that also included further bite incidents during his career as well as a suspension for racially abusing Patrice Evra.

However, Suarez - who has scored 21 goals for the Catalan giants in all competitions this term - has earned the praise of Luis Enrique.

"The things we work on are between us but I would like to comment on his attitude and behaviour," explained the Barca boss.

"He made a mistake on the pitch but here he hasn't made any mistakes. I'm very conscious about all our players' individual situations, especially for him.

"I understand the way he feels and lives football matches. He has demonstrated self-control and we're very happy with him.

"Not just his performances but behaviour on the field. It's great for everyone to have him carry himself in that way."

Suarez has formed part of a formidable front three for Barca alongside Lionel Messi and Neymar - with the club in the running for La Liga, UEFA Champions League and Copa del Rey titles.

When quizzed as to whether any of the trio could be rested during a busy run-in, Luis Enrique responded: "I see them the way I always see them, like the rest of the players.

"Everything's possible, it depends on decisions I make. What, do you want me to rotate them or not? Do you want me to explain who I'm going to rotate?

"Nothing is decided, it will be a function of what I think will be best for the team and for the games this season."

Barca travel to Cordoba on Saturday two points clear of Real Madrid at the top of the table.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bale boost for Real

1 May 2015

837275header.jpg

Gareth Bale is set to hand Real Madrid a fitness boost by coming back into contention for Saturday's La Liga trip to Sevilla.

The Wales forward has not played since limping off after just five minutes of Real's 3-1 victory over Malaga on April 18 with a calf injury.

However, Bale has trained this week and coach Carlo Ancelotti believes the former Tottenham man has a key part to play as Real attempt to be crowned Spanish champions and retain the UEFA Champions League.

"Gareth Bale has trained with the team," Ancelotti said. "I think he will be okay to play against Sevilla.

"The team have reacted very well with players missing after the Malaga game. We had [Luka] Modric out, [Karim] Benzema and Bale.

"The players that have come in have done very well. The team has always reacted well when players have been out.

"Bale returns and he will help us. Perhaps he is fresher than other players, he's had a small rest. The freshness could be very important."

Ancelotti, who is expecting to welcome striker Benzema back to training next week following a knee injury, takes his Real side to Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium attempting to keep the pressure on Barcelona - who hold a two-point lead at the top of the table.

The Italian is expecting a difficult encounter against a team that are well in the hunt for a Champions League berth and beat Real 2-1 in last season's corresponding fixture.

"Sevilla are very strong, a very difficult opponent," he added. "They play well at home with great intensity. All these teams are playing very hard to win. We want to and we have to win."

On whether Real or Barca - who travel to bottom side Cordoba on Saturday - could slip up this weekend, Ancelotti said: "Well in football you can win, draw or lose. Anything can happen.

"In my mind there's only one thing that we're going to win. I'm not thinking we're going to lose."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti hits out at Ronaldo boo boys

1 May 2015

cristiano-ronaldo_ie0ud85ootrv15jn48on9z9ep.jpg

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has hit out at a section of the club's fans who booed Cristiano Ronaldo during Wednesday's 3-0 La Liga victory over Almeria.

Ronaldo failed to find the net during that comfortable victory, leaving him without a goal in three matches.

The Ballon d'Or holder showed signs of frustration when Alvaro Arbeloa tapped in for Real's third goal, as he was waiting just behind his team-mate to convert into the empty net.

Further examples of perceived selfishness drew negative attention from spectators at the Santiago Bernabeu, but Ancelotti insists they should be grateful for the 50 goals he has scored this term.

"He has scored all those goals because he has character and he always wants to improve," Ancelotti said.

"That is the reason he has scored so many goals for such a long time.

"I don't understand people in the Bernabeu who boo Cristiano."

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sandoval takes Granada reins for remaining matches

1 May 2015

837415header.jpg

Jose Ramon Sandoval will lead Granada until the end of the season following the departure of Abel Resino.

The Liga strugglers, who have four matches left to play, appointed Resino to take over from Joaquin Caparros as head coach on January 19.

Caparros paid the price for a run of 15 without a win that left Granada bottom of the league.

But results failed to pick up at Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes as Resino tasted victory only twice.

Thursday's 2-1 defeat to Espanyol means Granada sit 19th, six points from safety.

Sandoval has previous experience of coaching in the top flight, having guided Rayo Vallecano to promotion from the second tier in 2011.

The 46-year-old, who celebrates his birthday on Saturday, subsequently returned to the Segunda in 2012 with Sporting Gijon but was relieved of his duties two years later.

Granada are on an eight-match winless slump and travel to Getafe in La Liga on Sunday.

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Torres ´out of this world´ - Simeone

1 May 2015

837274header.jpg

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone says Fernando Torres has been "out of this world" since his arrival from Milan in December.

Torres, who previously played for the club from 2001 to 2007, returned to Vicente Calderon on loan until the end of next season as part of an exchange deal involving Alessio Cerci.

The Spain international has managed just five goals in 23 appearances in all competitions, but Simeone is delighted with the impact he has made.

"He was important in the Elche match [3-0 win last weekend] even though he didn't score," said Simeone. "He was willing, competitive, and he came close to scoring.

"The other day [in a 1-0 victory at Villarreal on Wednesday] he buried the first chance he got expertly. That's what we need from him: goals, movement, hard work, speed.

"Since he arrived, in training and the way he has settled into the squad, he's been out of this world.

"The important thing is on the pitch and he is giving us what we have asked of him."

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gaya close to agreeing new deal

1 May 2015

837579header.jpg

Valencia left-back Jose Gaya revealed he is close signing a contract extension, claiming talks are at an "advanced stage".

Gaya is one of La Liga's hottest properties and has been linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid, as well as Premier League pair Chelsea and Manchester City, following the 19-year-old's breakthrough season.

However, the Spaniard appears set to reject offers from elsewhere and remain under the guidance of Valencia boss Nuno Espirito Santo.

"My renewal is at an advanced stage," Gaya was quoted as saying by AS on Friday.

"Everything's going well and there are only a few minor details that need tying up."

Valencia, who host Eibar on Sunday, occupy the fourth and final UEFA Champions League spot with four matches remaining.

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Atletico have done everything by the book'

enrique-cerezo-atletico-madrid_9xorn21h2w601nns40691g2qu.jpg

By Alec Fenn
May 2, 2015 00:09:54

The club could face the same transfer ban handed out to Barcelona if they're found guilty of irregularities in their recruitment of youth players

Atletico Madrid managing director Clemente Villaverde is adamant the club have "done everything by the book" in the transfer market.

The reigning La Liga champions are under investigation over alleged irregularities in signing under-age players and could face the same ban handed to Barcelona earlier this season.

The Catalans were given a two-window sanction for the same offence and Atletico now face a waiting game to see if they will suffer a similar fate.

Villaverde said on Friday: "We've complied fully with every single formality throughout the process. We've told Fifa everything about every single player included in the report and we're sure we have done everything by the book."

Club president Enrique Cerezo added: "I have nothing to say on the matter for now, because we don't know what the ban will entail or if there will even be a ban", he said in reference to the club's alleged irregularities in signing underage players.

"If we are handed a ban, then we will comment, but we can't for now because there is no ban. We cannot comment. Talking ahead of time is never a good idea."

Jorge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo offers more than goals - Emery

cristiano-ronaldo-arbeloa-real-madrid-goal-29042015_qcbvhhb0fcj31idl3avtur1ka.jpg

By Alec Fenn
May 1, 2015 23:13:20

The coach will bid to thwart the 30-year-old on Saturday but admitted he is a threat even when he doesn't find the back of the net

Sevilla coach Unai Emery says Cristiano Ronaldo offers more than just goals ahead of his side's meeting with Real Madrid.

The 30-year-old has enjoyed another typically prolific season in front of goal, which has seen him find the back of the net 52 times in 51 games in all competitions for club and country.

The forward will have another opportunity to add to his tally against Sevilla on Saturday, but Rojiblancos boss Emery admitted his all round game marks him out as a unique threat.

"We know what Ronaldo does, he scored an incredible amount of goals, but even more than that he does a great job for the team," he said at a press conference.

"We won't man mark him, we know that they have threats all over the pitch and we want to concentrate on our own game."

Madrid winger Gareth Bale remains an injury doubt with a calf injury but could feature after returning to training, though Emery says Carlo Ancelotti's side can easily cope without him.

"If he doesn't play then another great player, Chicharito [Javier Hernandez], will play and he is scoring lots of goals at the moment."

Two points separate second-placed Madrid and leaders Barcelona, while Sevilla - who sit in fifth spot - are level on points with Valencia in the race for a place in the top four.

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Negredo: Pellegrini lost faith in me

3 May 2015

838138header.jpg

Valencia loanee Alvaro Negredo said he left Manchester City because he lost the trust of manager Manuel Pellegrini.

Negredo returned to his homeland at the start of the season, joining La Liga outfit Valencia on loan with a view to a permanent move after falling down the pecking order at City.

The 29-year-old Spain international striker ended the 2013-14 campaign without a goal in 16 games as City won the Premier League and League Cup, leading to suggestions his dip in form was due to homesickness.

Negredo, however, denied those reports by claiming City boss Pellegrini lost faith in him.

"I was not homesick. I was very happy in Manchester and on a personal level. It is a different way of life but it is not an excuse," Negredo told the Daily Mail.

"I made an effort to learn English, the manager spoke English in the dressing room and I could understand most of it by the end of the season.

"It is not a reason to say my family wasn't happy. There are things you miss when you leave your country but the main reason I left is because the manager lost faith in me.

"Around February, I had an injury to my shoulder. I didn't stop to rest it. I was playing in a huge amount of pain. Kun [Sergio Aguero] was injured and Stevan Jovetic had problems, so I felt I had to play.

"We had huge games against Chelsea and Barcelona. I didn't play well and the manager started to play Edin Dzeko. I don't feel I ever regained his trust."

Negredo, who has scored six goals in all competitions for Nuno Espirito Santo's Valencia this season, added: "I began to lose my confidence but I didn’t give up. I trained harder than ever and tried to show Pellegrini I deserved to play.

"In the end, though, when you do all that and you still don’t get a game, it’s difficult. I need to play for a manager who wants me.

"I came on as a sub but it was almost to waste time. On the last day with the trophy, Zaba [Pablo Zabaleta] said: 'This is yours, you have been fighting for it like anybody else, so make sure you enjoy it.’ In my head, I knew I'd played a big part but it was hard to feel part of it. I felt cold."

RaphaelVarane

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Valencia go clear of Sevilla, crisis-stricken Elche safe

3 May 2015

sofianefeghouli-cropped_1hvvo88hj2q6u1v0zw5v2xjx1a.jpg

Valencia took charge of the battle for La Liga's final UEFA Champions League spot by beating struggling Eibar 3-1 in La Liga on Sunday, while crisis-club Elche secured their top-flight status.

Nuno Espirito Santo's men hosted Eibar knowing that victory would move them three points clear of Sevilla after the UEFA Europa League holders' loss to Real Madrid - who Valencia face next - and a comfortable triumph never looked in doubt against the Basques.

Centre-back Nicolas Otamendi, who has played a huge part in Valencia's success this term, opened the scoring after 25 minutes, heading in Jose Gaya's pinpoint cross.

Captain Dani Parejo's third goal in as many games doubled their lead 10 minutes into the second half with a 25-yard effort which oozed class and, although Mikel Arruabarrena netted late on, Paco Alcacer had already put the match beyond lowly Eibar.

Ten-man Elche claimed a commendable 2-1 win at Malaga to stave off relegation, though they could yet find themselves in trouble due to their financial problems.

Top-scorer Jonathas, who looks destined to be sold to raise funds at the end of the season, continued his fine debut year in Spain with a 29th-minute opener - his 12th of the campaign.

A red card for goalkeeper Przemyslaw Tyton gave Malaga the opportunity to level from the penalty spot 19 minutes from time, but Duda fired against the post and Chelsea loanee Mario Pasalic by scoring a second goal before Javi Guerra's 90th-minute consolation.

Despite Elche players going without pay for long periods of the season, victory takes them 10 points clear of the bottom three with three games to go.

Granada gave their survival hopes a boost by beating Getafe 2-1 in Madrid, Youssef El-Arabi's brace doing the damage, though Jose Ramon Sandoval's men remain three points adrift of Andalusian rivals Almeria.

The day's early kick-off saw Rayo Vallecano leave Espanyol with a 1-1 draw from their mid-table battle, with Jose Canas being shown a late red card after two bookings for the Barcelona outfit.

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Almeria 2 Celta Vigo 2: Bifouma, Zongo inspire hosts´ comeback

4 May 2015

839150header.jpg

Almeria had to come from behind to earn a 2-2 draw against Celta Vigo on Monday, leaving the Andalusians just two points above La Liga's relegation zone.

Celta led 2-0 at half-time following strikes from Nolito and Santi Mina but inspired by Thievy Bifouma and Jonathan Zongo, Almeria fought their way back into the contest to claim a share of the points, as both sides ended the match with 10 players.

With five other members of La Liga's bottom seven failing to win earlier over the weekend, Almeria could opened up a four-point gap on 18th-placed Deportivo La Coruna, while also gaining ground on Levante and Getafe, but had to settle for a draw.

Bifouma reduced Celta's lead just 74 seconds into the second half after good lead-up play by Zongo.

Seven minutes later, Celta defender Gustavo Cabral was sent off for hauling Bifouma down, with the Almeria striker through on goal, and the home side capitalised in the 68th minute when Zongo struck.

But the hosts' momentum disappeared after Mauro dos Santos received a second yellow card in the 74th minute.

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hernandez: I'm not happy sitting on the Madrid bench

javier-chicharito-hernandez-celta-real-madrid-liga-bbva-04262015_vtv6lotcuni1172aku7socmyj.jpg

By Mark Doyle
May 3, 2015 19:51:32

The Mexican is currently getting a run in Carlo Ancelotti's starting line-up but he could be dropped when Karim Benzema returns to full fitness

Javier Hernandez says he is currently happy at Real Madrid but warned he is not a player who is "content sitting on the bench".

The Mexico international joined the Blancos on loan from Manchester United last summer, with the option of a permanent switch to the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the 2014-15 campaign.

The striker saw little game time for most of the season but is presently impressing up front in the absence of Madrid's first-choice centre-forward, Karim Benzema.

Hernandez is thus delighted his patience has been rewarded but hinted that he will not stay in the Spanish capital if he is immediately dropped back to the bench when Benzema returns to full fitness.

"The season has been very complicated," the attacker told beIN Sport France. "But, in football, sometimes the wheel turns very quickly. And thank God, I now have more possibilities to play.

"My parents taught me that patience and perseverance are part of learning. Today, I feel very good.

"For many people, I was already finished here, but it was only the beginning. One must not lower one's head.

"I learn every day in this great club and all I am grateful to God for that. I know that at Real Madrid the competition is strong and the minutes are rare and my intention was never to complain.

"But, at times, I just expressed the frustration I felt. As I am not one to be content with sitting on the bench, I always want more."

Hernandez, who has netted four times in his last six appearances in all competitions, is now desperately hoping that he will keep his place up front for Tuesday's Champions League trip to Turin to face Turin, a side that he has the utmost respect for.

"Juventus are a top club in a major championship," he added. "They are not in the semi-finals by chance.

"They will be strong and they will be two tough matches."