• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2014-15 ║

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo to face Eibar after yellow card rescinded

10 April 2015

825316header.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo is free to face Eibar for Real Madrid after his yellow card against Rayo Vallecano was rescinded.

The forward was booked for simulation in the second half of Real's 2-0 win at Rayo on Wednesday, despite clearly being fouled by Antonio Amaya in the penalty area when the game was scoreless.

Real coach Carlo Ancelotti labelled the call from referee Mario Melero "unbelievable".

However, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has agreed to remove the caution, freeing the Portugal international up to take on Eibar at the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday.

The news comes as a boost to a Real side missing Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez through suspension.

Forward Gareth Bale appears likely to be rested ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg versus city rivals Atletico Madrid.

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Real Madrid v Eibar: Ronaldo availability a boost for depleted Real

10 April 2015

825412header.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo's availability will come as a big boost to Carlo Ancelotti as he weighs up his options from a depleted Real Madrid squad against Eibar.

Portuguese superstar Ronaldo was booked for simulation in Wednesday's 2-0 win at Rayo Vallecano and was due to be suspended for Saturday's clash at the Santiago Bernabeu as it marked his fifth booking of the season.

However, Real appealed against the decision and the Spanish Football Federation rescinded the yellow card on Friday.

Ronaldo now has the chance to continue his incredible form, which included a five-goal haul in the 9-1 battering of Granada last weekend and the opener in the Vallecano victory.

It also softens the blow from the absence of Gareth Bale (knock), who is being rested with one eye on Tuesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first-leg tie at rivals Atletico Madrid.

And with James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos (both suspended), Sami Khedira (back) and Fabio Coentrao (knee) all unavailable, Ancelotti will be delighted to have his talisman in contention.

Real may have bounced back from their Clasico defeat by picking up back-to-back wins, but they remain four points adrift of leaders Barcelona at the top of La Liga. And Ancelotti is wary of the physical demands on his team considering the quick turnaround in matches.

"It could be a tough game for us because it comes just after two-and-a-half days after an intense game. We have to give everything for this game. We are obliged to win, to not fail, to keep winning and keep fighting until the end for the league," he said.

"I'm just thinking about winning, it's a difficult game without much rest after the last game. We're focused on this to just try and win this game. Obviously we want to do well and show a good attitude like we've had in the last two games.

"It will be tough because we haven't completely recovered."

Real comprehensively beat Eibar 4-0 in November's reverse fixture - a match in which Ronaldo scored two of his 37 La Liga goals this term.

Gaizka Garitano's side have not won away in the league since January, but a 1-0 victory against Malaga last weekend did at least arrest a worrying 11-match winless league run.

Despite their recent form away from home, Garitano insists his team are capable of competing against Real.

"It's an honour to go there to play," he said.

"It's a privilege the players have earned in recent years. The only way to enjoy the experience is by going there, doing well and making it difficult.

"The only thing I care about is that basically there are three points available. I'm not stupid and I know it is very difficult, but it is not impossible."

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sevilla v Barcelona: Luis Enrique wary of ´complete´ hosts

10 April 2015

825559header.jpg

Luis Enrique has warned his Barcelona side that they will be facing one of the most complete teams in La Liga when they visit Sevilla.

Barca are four points clear at the top of the table following an excellent run of recent form that has seen them win six consecutive league games following a surprise home defeat to Malaga back in February.

Yet Barca are unlikely to have it all their own way at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on Saturday against a side aiming to secure a place in next season's UEFA Champions League.

Indeed, Sevilla's 2-1 triumph at Levante on Tuesday made it five league wins in a row for Unai Emery's men, who will have be further buoyed by Valencia's 1-1 draw at Athletic Bilbao in midweek.

Sevilla are now just a point behind Valencia in the battle for fourth place. And Luis Enrique knows Barca will need to be at their best to avoid allowing Real Madrid to gain ground in the title race with a slip-up.

"It's always easier to win when you play well," Luis Enrique said. "Until now our season is going pretty well.

"Sevilla are one of the most complete teams in La Liga and the standings prove it.

"In the first half of the season they played touch and go and pressed other teams. But over the course of the season they've evolved a bit into something simpler as far as football is concerned. But it's just as effective, if not more.

"In the end we have to win titles. The toughest part is yet to come."

Barca have the advantage of being able to call on full-back Jordi Alba again after he was given the green light to return from a groin injury. Midfielder Sergio Busquets is also back from a ban.

The Catalan club won the reverse fixture in November 5-1 and have not suffered a league defeat at Sevilla since 2007.

But, while Emery has been quick to praise Luis Enrique for the job he has done at Camp Nou, the former Valencia boss is undaunted by the prospect of facing the league leaders.

"I think this Barcelona is the closest one to [Pep] Guardiola's side," Emery said.

"Enrique is doing a great job and you can see that in their play, regardless of whether their possession has increased or decreased. They're in a very good place at the moment.

"The challenge of taking on Barca attracts and motivates me. I always think about winning no matter who our opponent is. I hope it's a great game and that we see an excellent Sevilla performance."

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaga v Atletico Madrid: Simeone out to improve away form

10 April 2015

825578header.jpg

Diego Simeone believes Atletico Madrid's La Liga clash at Malaga will be pivotal in determining what his team can achieve this season.

Atleti travel to La Rosaleda on Saturday nine points adrift of leaders Barcelona in their bid to defend the Spanish title they sensationally won on the final day of last season at Camp Nou.

The champions' disappointing away form has been the difference so far this term, with Atleti registering just seven league wins on the road as opposed to the 11 recorded by Barca and Real Madrid.

Simeone's men's upcoming league visits to Malaga and Deportivo La Coruna are sandwiched by the first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final against Real on Tuesday.

And Simeone is fully aware that his side can ill afford to slip up on the road in those two games.

He said: "We are entering complex matches. Playing away from home in this instance is not the same as in the first round of play because the rivals play differently and have more needs.

"Tomorrow's [Saturday] and the next game are away and will be almost determining for what is left in the league."

Turning his attention to the threat posed by Malaga, Simeone added: "We have to be strong, very intense and, above all, look for our attacking speed to harm them and take the match where we want to.

"They have a good grasp on set pieces and play good football, and that demands you to play a great match and we will try."

Atleti defender Juanfran is to return from suspension, but Mario Mandzukic (ankle) and Raul Garcia (elbow) are still on the sidelines.

Malaga's hopes of securing European football have been dented in recent weeks by a run of three games without a win, which has seen them fall five points behind sixth-placed Villarreal.

Coach Javi Gracia is plotting to inflict a damaging defeat on the champions and end his side's poor form of late.

He said: "What Atletico Madrid do on the pitch deserves great credit. They're not going to give anything away; despite being a major team they don't have the vices of a big squad.

"Looking at their results can be somewhat discouraging. We're up against a solid, competitive team who are dangerous on set pieces.

"Atletico have a lot of variants, and although we'll try and impose our style of play at our home ground, it won't be easy. They are a candidate to take the league title again this season, but I hope their chances are diminished after this match.

"We are looking ahead to this match with courage and enthusiasm, knowing how demanding it will be and that we must perform as well as we can."

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti defends Ronaldo appeal as Bale ruled out

10 April 2015

825356header.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti highlighted the importance of having Cristiano Ronaldo available for Real Madrid's trip to Eibar after Gareth Bale was ruled out with a knock.

Portuguese superstar Ronaldo was facing the possibility of missing Saturday's contest at the Santiago Bernabeu after he was harshly booked for simulation in Wednesday's 2-0 victory at Rayo Vallecano.

That left him facing a one-match ban after accumulating five cautions, but the Spanish Football Federation rescinded the caution on Friday, with Ronaldo appearing to have been fouled by Antonio Amaya.

Head coach Ancelotti confirmed that fellow forward Bale will miss out in order to be fully fit for Real's UEFA Champions League first-leg clash at city rivals Atletico Madrid on Tuesday.

And with James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos suspended against Eibar, Ancelotti said it was an easy decision to appeal Ronaldo's booking.

"Bale isn't available for Eibar. He had a scan which is normal, but he has a slight knock so it's better to rest him to prepare him for Tuesday," he explained.

It was put to Ancelotti that it may have made sense not to appeal Ronaldo's yellow and allow him to serve a suspension against Eibar, rather than risk missing a match against more high-profile opponents if he should acquire a fifth yellow later down the line.

But the Italian stated that it was vital to have his talisman available, adding: "We thought it wasn't a fair booking, which is why we appealed it.

"Also for the game tomorrow we need Cristiano. We have an important game, we have a lot of respect for Eibar.

"We can't fail so we have to use the best team possible and that's why the appeal for Cristiano's card was normal because it wasn't fair."

Ancelotti also confirmed that Luka Modric has been cleared to play despite being seen clutching his left thigh after the Vallecano victory, while centre-back Pepe is also fit following a thigh injury.

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I haven't stopped thinking about 'special' Sevilla return - Rakitic

barcelona-real-madrid-la-liga-ivan-rakitic-luka-modric-toni-kroos-22032015_166owxyouwfoa1fa99kx0cvahw.jpg

By Chris Myson
Apr 11, 2015 10:39:27

The Croatian is nearing the end of his first season at Barcelona as he prepares to face his former club in a vital La Liga clash

Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has admitted his return to face former club Sevilla at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan has been on his mind for almost a year.

The 27-year-old enjoyed a successful three-and-a-half-year spell with Unai Emery’s side, earning the club captaincy along the way.

A superb final season, which saw the Croatia international score 15 goals and lead Sevilla to Europa League glory, was enough to tempt Barcelona to move for him as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas last June.

Rakitic still has fond memories of his spell in Seville and has been thinking about the return to face his former club ever since the fixture list was released.

"It will be a very special game because of everything I experienced there,” he told Barca’s official website.

“The city has engraved itself very deeply into my heart and my life. What I have experienced there for three and a half years was a special time.

“Honestly, ever since I was introduced at Barcelona I have been thinking about the match against Sevilla at the Sanchez Pizjuan.”

Rakitic is hopeful he will not let the occasion affect his performance and knows his side are in for a tough challenge against a side who are fighting with Atletico Madrid and Valencia for third place.

"I have to concentrate on my own performance and play a good game,” he said.

“We are eight games from the end of the campaign and a win there could prove to be very important.

“Every team that has played at the Pizjuan knows it is a tough place to visit. The home fans put huge pressure on you.

"They have a very strong squad - sometimes they make changes and you don’t notice a difference. I'm glad for them and also for the coach Unai Emery, who is doing phenomenal job.

“However, during my time at Sevilla, Barca were also really hard to play against - it was always tough. I hope we can get the three points.”

Barca are four points clear of rivals Real Madrid at the top of La Liga, with Carlo Ancelotti’s side also in action on Saturday with a home game against Eibar.

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ancelotti: We want Casillas to stay

casillas_mzpmm645ggxh1nua0c990gy83.jpg

By Peter McVitie
Apr 11, 2015 09:24:18

Keylor Navas is set to play against Eibar, but the coach insists his goalkeeper remains a key part of the club's plans for the future

Carlo Ancelotti has insisted Iker Casillas wants to stay at Real Madrid and stressed that the feeling is mutual.

The goalkeeper has come under significant criticism for his performances over the last two years but put in a solid display during his side's 2-0 win over Rayo Vallecano last time out.

Ancelotti, though, will not field the 33-year-old in Saturday's clash with Eibar, giving Keylor Navas just his fourth run out in La Liga since signing from Levante.

The coach insisted his decision to leave out Casillas is not to protect him from the wrath of the Madrid fans, adding that everyone hopes he will stay in the Spanish capital next season.

"Iker was very clear, he wants to stay. We want him to. I want him to," Ancelotti told reporters.

"He doesn't need protection. Iker has broad shoulders and is a great professional.

"It is just different for goalkeepers because - unless there is an injury to the other keeper - they are not able to enter the game. There are other players who can come on for 15 minutes or 30 seconds and make a difference in a match."

Casillas has been at Madrid since 1990 and has won three Champions League titles and five Liga crowns with the club, plus a World Cup and two European Championships with Spain.

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona close to Guardiola-level greatness - Emery

lionel-messi-pep-guardiola-fc-barcelona_1x9ptmywf56wq16turtonmwm2r.jpg

By Miles Chambers
Apr 11, 2015 00:41:52

Ahead of Saturday's clash between two of La Liga's top five teams, Sevilla's coach has lauded Luis Enrique's efforts with the Catalans

Sevilla boss Unai Emery believes Barcelona are closing in on the performance level they reached during Pep Guardiola's tenure.

Guardiola stepped down from the Camp Nou job in the summer of 2012 and the Catalans have since struggled to stamp their authority on Europe.

The first six months of Luis Enrique's reign were overshadowed by Real Madrid's unrelenting winning streak but, with the European champions having dropped the ball in 2015, Barca now hold a four-point lead in La Liga and have their sights set on their first treble since Guardiola left.

Emery, who has overseen seven consecutive competitive wins heading into Saturday's clash, paid his compliments to how Lionel Messi and Co. have romped to nine successive triumphs.

"I think this Barcelona side is the closest one to Guardiola’s great team," he told reporters.

"Luis Enrique is doing a top job and you can see that in Barca's play, regardless of whether their possession has increased or decreased. They’re in a very good place right now."

“The challenge of taking on Barca always motivates me, though I always think about winning no matter who our opponent is. I hope it's a great game and we see an excellent Sevilla performance."

Sevilla could leapfrog Valencia - at least until Monday, when Nuno Espirito Santo's men face Levante - into fourth place with a win over Barca, who may well have one eye on their Champions League quarter-final first leg at Paris Saint-Germain.

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Mina scores four for Celta, Real close on Barca

11 April 2015

826270header.jpg

Real Madrid were beneficiaries of slip ups to La Liga rivals Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, while Santi Mina put Rayo Vallecano to the sword.

Carlo Ancelotti's men were 3-0 winners at home to Eibar, as Cristiano Ronaldo and Javier Hernandez goals in the first half were followed by Jese's effort late on.

Real (73 points) closed on Barcelona (75), who coughed up a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 at Sevilla - while Atletico also gave up an early advantage, before coming from behind to draw 2-2 with Malaga.

Atletico's stumble leaves them back on 66 points, and in jeopardy of losing their UEFA Champions League group stage spot to Valencia (62) - the latter with a game in hand.

Celta de Vigo striker Mina stole the show on Sunday, however, as he scored four times in his side's 6-1 rout of Rayo Vallecano.

Teenager Mina, in just his ninth league start for Celta this term, took his season tally from one to five in thrilling fashion, netting in the 21st, 40th, 51st and 56th minutes.

His heroics came after Celta conceded in the first minute, with Manucho Goncalves putting visiting Rayo ahead.

But Joaquin Larrivey equalised in the sixth minute, before Mina's first put Eduardo Berizzo's men ahead.

Larrivey nabbed a brace in the 37th minute, and Mina put their mid-table rivals - Celta climb above Rayo into 10th with the victory - out of sight.

Almeria leaped out of the drop zone, winning a relegation six-pointer 3-0 over Granada.

Thomas Partey struck late in each half, either side of a Javier Espinosa goal, as Almeria moved to 17th and 28 points - leaving Deportivo La Coruna (18th, 27) and Granada (19th, 24) in their wake.

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Villarreal slump continues, Elche boost survival hopes

12 April 2015

mateomusacchio-cropped_v0jepf4ea1y31gdo244x4ten1.jpg

Villarreal's slump continued with a seventh successive game without a win in all competitions as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Getafe, while Elche beat Cordoba to give their La Liga survival hopes a major boost.

Marcelino Garcia Toral's men had previously looked capable of challenging for a UEFA Champions League place alongside Sevilla, Valencia and Atletico Madrid, but their season has been unravelling since losing to Unai Emery's side in the Europa League.

A 52nd-minute Ikechukwu Uche penalty gave Villarreal the lead, though the hosts hit back just after the hour mark, Diego Castro netting with a brilliant header.

Villarreal failed to retake the lead and ultimately settled for a draw, making it five matches without a win for Marcelino's side in La Liga, leaving them 11 points adrift of fifth-placed Sevilla.

Towards the other end of the table, Elche hoisted themselves out of the bottom three with a 2-0 win at Cordoba, who appear doomed for the drop.

Enzo Roco put Elche ahead just before the break and Chelsea-owned Mario Pasalic doubled their advantage in the 68th minute, with Borja Garcia's late red card compounding a miserable day for Cordoba, who sit nine points from safety.

Victor Sanchez del Amo took charge of his first match as Deportivo La Coruna claimed a hard-fought 2-2 draw at Real Sociedad to keep themselves lurking just above the drop zone.

Former Deportivo player Sanchez del Amo replaced Victor Fernandez on Thursday and oversaw a share of the spoils.

Lucas Perez struck just before the break to cancel out Xabi Prieto's 33rd-minute penalty, but Chory Castro's stunning volley had seemingly sent the hosts on their way to all three points with a little over half-an-hour left.

Deportivo had a final say, though, as substitute Toche nodded in to earn a point.

The day's other game saw Espanyol beat Athletic Bilbao 1-0 at Cornella-El Prat thanks to Sergio Garcia's 40th-minute effort.

MarceloVieira

Alfrescian
Loyal

Valencia 3 Levante 0: Hosts claim derby spoils

13 April 2015

827293header.jpg

Valencia eased to a 3-0 win over local rivals Levante on Monday in La Liga and moved within a point of the top three as a result.

Paco Alcacer and Sofiane Feghouli scored inside 20 first-half minutes to set Valencia on their way to maximum points at the Mestalla.

While Levante threated in the second half, Alvaro Negredo made it 3-0 late on to ensure Valencia move within a point of Atletico Madrid, while Levante stay in the bottom three.

The hosts were frustrated by officiating decisions early on as Loukas Vyntra escaped punishment despite seeming to handle in the area before Alcacer saw an effort ruled out for offside.

However, the striker did open the scoring in the 16th minute as the Spaniard got on the end of Daniel Parejo's curled delivery.

David Barral blazed Levante's first chance over the crossbar and Valencia made them pay after the half-hour mark as Feghouli glanced home a second from Lucas Orban's cross.

Lucas Alcaraz introduced Jose Mari at the break and it nearly paid dividends as the striker crashed a long-range strike off the crossbar.

Diego Alves was kept busy - palming away a Barral strike in the final stages - before Negredo rounded off the scoring deep into stoppage time with an impressive half-volley.

Mandzukic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Musacchio undergoes successful surgery

12 April 2015

826703header.jpg

Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio has undergone successful surgery on the broken leg and dislocated ankle he sustained during his side's 1-1 La Liga draw at Getafe.

Musacchio was attempting to evade a Diego Castro challenge after coming on as a second-half substitute on Sunday, when he planted his left foot in the turf, resulting in his lower leg snapping.

A statement from Villarreal confirmed that the Argentinian had an operation in Madrid, which has been deemed a success.

The club has not given a timescale for Musacchio's return, but he is certain to miss the rest of the season, while any hope he had of representing his country in this year's Copa America have also been ended.

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bale returns to training

13 April 2015

826841header.jpg

Real Madrid have confirmed Gareth Bale has returned to training two days before the UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg against Atletico Madrid.

The Welsh winger missed Saturday's 3-0 win over Eibar due to a foot injury but was back training with Real coach Carlo Ancelotti on Sunday.

The reigning European champions face their local rivals across town at Atletico's Vicente Calderon on Tuesday, and Bale could be ready to play.

Bale had scored five goals in as many games in all competitions before injury struck.

The starting XI that led Real to victory in La Liga against Eibar were given a light session on Sunday.

Casillas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dani Alves to decide future at end of the season

13 April 2015

826954header.jpg

Dani Alves says he will put an end to the long-running saga over his Barcelona future at the end of the season.

The Brazil defender, who is in the final year of his contract, is reported to have turned down a new deal at Camp Nou last week and has been heavily linked with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.

The full-back responded angrily to reports that he had signed a deal with PSG with a bizarre rant on social media last month.

Dani Alves claims that staying on at Barcelona could be a possibility, but insists no decision will be made until the end of the Liga campaign.

"I am nearing the end of my contract with the same ambition with which I came to Barcelona," he told beIN SPORTS.

"Barca changed my life because they allowed me to achieve my dreams. I am very happy at this club and I have not signed for another club.

"If there are clubs that offer an alternative or I am not at the level Barcelona want I will consider other options.

"I will take a decision at the end of the season."

Jorge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Messi frustrated by penalty problems

13 April 2015

827203header.jpg

Lionel Messi will continue as Barcelona's penalty taker, despite his patchy record from 12 yards.

Argentina star Messi has missed four penalties for club and country this season, but he is determined to improve.

"Yes there is a lot of frustration that I have missed a lot of penalties, both for the club and for Argentina," Messi told Barca's official magazine. "I am the designated penalty taker, but when the goalkeepers study you they know your ideas more.

"It is true to say that a well taken penalty is very difficult to stop, but now it's more complicated when it comes to taking a penalty.

"These are things in football, but it's true that I have made poor decisions, such as against Manchester City, when the goal would have given us a very important advantage.

"[But] like everything in football, we are fortunate that every three days there is another game, you cannot keep regretting what happened."

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nuno thrilled with 'dominant' Valencia display

paco-alcacer-valencia-levante-la-liga_1mlkm1xpz5ieh12c7z4ak4v4tu.jpg

By Joe Wright
Apr 13, 2015 23:16:42

The Portuguese coach was delighted with his side's all-round performance as they saw off Levante in style in the derby

Nuno Espirito Santo was delighted with Valencia's "dominant" display as they defeated Levante 3-0 on Monday.

Goals from Paco Alcacer, Sofiane Feghouli and Alvaro Negredo ensured a comfortable derby win which moved Valencia to within one point of third-placed Atletico Madrid.

And Nuno could find little fault in the all-round performance of his side, telling the club's official website: "It was a complete game. We did good defensive work, we controlled things and we had chances.

"We had a dominant performance, with patience and speed when we needed it."

Valencia were left outraged after Nicolas Otamendi's controversial red card and a contentious late offside call saw them drop points against Athletic Bilbao last time out, but Nuno believes they responded in the best way possible.

"We have been able to channel everything that happened into a performance," he added.

"The Mestalla helps us a lot. On a Monday night, with so many people supporting us, we have to give thanks."

Ancelotti

Alfrescian
Loyal

Messi: I feel great after a rough 2014

messi-sevilla_j2i2pyef7r5l1t5ilatid7vle.jpg

Peter McVitie
Apr 13, 2015 18:36:50

The Barcelona star admitted that injuries and issues off the pitch affected his performance but said those days are now over

Lionel Messi says he feels back to his best after what he feels was a difficult 2014 plagued with off-field problems.

The Argentine was came under criticism towards the end of last season as his side lost out on the Liga title to Atletico Madrid and were eliminated from the Champions League at the quarter-final stage, while the player himself was beaten to the Fifa Ballon d'Or by Cristiano Ronaldo.

Off the field, he became the subject of a tax investigation, with a threat of possible jail time looming over him.

The 27-year-old, however, says he has recovered from a rough year and is happy with his personal life and his performances.

"I am happy. The truth is that I started the season in another way after what happened to me last year," he told Barca's official website. "I had a difficult year for what happened off the field, for my injuries and my performance. But this year I started differently and now I feel great.

"Last year I had an uneven season. I was out with injuries and missed many games. When I returned to the pitch, it never ended well. It was a year that I've tried to forget quickly to get back to my best version. Luckily now I feel fine."

The Catalan side failed to pick up a major trophy last season and Messi feels that disappointment has motivated the players to return to picking up silverware this term.

"We came from a time when each year we were winning a title, and perhaps we did not value what we were winning," he added.

"It was a bad year in which we won nothing, and now, when they get back some success, we will see how important they are and enjoy them more because we know they are very hard to achieve."

The four-time Ballon d'Or winner is nearing his 400th Barcelona goal and he said he wants to keep adding to his tally once he reaches the milestone.

"It's nice to score goals. Some are special, but it's the same. By now every goal is a goal, but it is nice to know that I can keep adding to them and remain in the history of this great club."

The attacker also praised team-mates Luis Suarez and Neymar, stating that they add a new dimension to the team's front line.

"Barcelona have always had great forwards, not just now with Neymar and Luis. But it's true that we are taking advantage of them because they are both great world stars. They give us another thing than goals, so in that sense, I'm calm."

Suarez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bartomeu could face two years in prison

josepmariabartomeu_bi9c3kznkugn1f2mkb21ro2bz.jpg

By Ben Hayward
Apr 13, 2015 18:05:27

State lawyers have called for a 27-month sentence for the current Barcelona president for fraud in the controversial deal to sign Neymar from Santos

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu should go to jail for two years for committing fiscal fraud in the signing of Neymar, Spanish state lawyers have recommended.

Legal representatives last month called for a prison term for both Bartomeu and former club chief Sandro Rosell, who resigned in January 2014 due to the controversial transfer.

Bartomeu has long maintained his innocence and claimed Rosell was solely responsible for the deal to sign the forward from Santos in 2013.

But Spanish lawyers have recommended a sentence of two years and three months for the current Barca chief and a jail term of six years and nine months for his predecessor, it emerged on Monday.

The lawyers, acting on behalf of Spain's tax authorities, have also accused Barcelona of three counts of financial-related crimes between 2011 and 2014 - and have demanded the club pay €11.4 million in compensation.

It is claimed Barca deliberately evaded a €13m tax payment in the transfer, which was initially said to have cost the Catalan club €57m but has since surpassed the €100m mark due to hidden payments and taxes not included in the original figures.

If found guilty, Barca face a fine of €22.2m, Rosell €25.1m and Bartomeu €3.8m.

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Halilovic: Every game must be like it is against Real Madrid

alen-halilovic-barcelona_13ycbvfjcp5h410qrqqyh8prvm.jpg

By Paul Thompson
Apr 13, 2015 16:17:29

The teenager is focused on avoiding relegation and has called for his team-mates to treat every match as though it were against their fiercest rivals

Alen Halilovic insists Barcelona B must treat every opponent like they are Real Madrid as they look to avoid relegation and played down talk of a rift with coach Jordi Vinyals .

Vinyals is thought to have taken a dim view of Halilovic’s conduct in the clash with Alcorcon on March 21 with the young Croatian gesturing angrily after being substituted in the 3-1 defeat.

Halilovic was one of the stand-out performers in the 2-1 loss to Real Betis on Sunday, however, and insisted afterwards there was no lingering problem with Vinyals and turned his attention to staying in the division as they sit two points adrift at the bottom of the Segunda Division.

He said: “I’m very happy with the coach. We talked after the game against Betis and now everything is normal.

“I want to help the team and nothing more.

“We can survive in the league. We have to face every game as if they were Real Madrid.

“I’m just thinking about work, nothing more.”

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Atletico under investigation after fan invades field to reach Ronaldo

15 April 2015

828238header.jpg

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Atletico Madrid after a supporter escaped security to approach Cristiano Ronaldo following Tuesday's game.

The incident occurred after the final whistle of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg between Atletico and Real Madrid at the Vicente Calderon.

A member of the crowd made it to the side of the pitch and grabbed the shirt of Ronaldo, who embraced the man before security guards led the intruder away.

A UEFA statement on Wednesday confirmed the opening of the proceedings, as well as citing a charge of "insufficient organisation" for stairways being blocked.

The case is due to be dealt with on May 21.