• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2013-14 ║

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Wrap: Atletico Madrid, Real, Barca all triumph

2 September 2013

359269header.jpg

Atletico Madrid's impressive start to the season continued on Sunday as they picked up a well-earned 2-1 win over Real Sociedad at Anoeta.

The visitors looked the more likely to take three points from the off as David Villa wasted a good chance before eventually getting his name on the scoresheet just before the half-hour mark as he poked the ball over goalkeeper Claudio Bravo from point-blank range.

After spurning a number of other chances, Atletico added a second early in the second half as Villa turned provider for Koke, but Xabi Prieto gave the hosts a lifeline as he rifled an unstoppable drive into the top far corner from the right side of the penalty area.

Jagoba Arrasate’s side did all the pressing and attacking during the final quarter of the match, but Atletico were able to hold on for their third win of the campaign.

La Liga’s big two were also in action on Sunday and they both picked up wins. Real Madrid welcomed Athletic Bilbao in the early kick-off and won 3-1 thanks to two goals from Isco either side of a Cristiano Ronaldo strike, before Ibai Gomez netted a late consolation.

Champions Barcelona also fired three past their opponents as a Lionel Messi hat-trick saw the champions squeeze past Valencia 3-2 at Mestalla, with Helder Postiga scoring twice for the hosts.

Sevilla, Atletico’s first victims of the season, are still searching for their first victory of the term as Malaga held them to a 2-2 draw at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan in an end-to-end Andalusian derby.

Chilean Pedro Morales gave Bernd Schuster’s side a 40th-minute lead, but Sevilla hit back before the break as Kevin Gameiro headed in debutant Stephane M’Bia’s cross from the right.

Roque Santa Cruz restored Malaga’s lead in the 68th minute after a delightful reverse pass from Sergi Darder but Unai Emery’s men came back again as Gameiro nodded Ivan Rakitic’s lofted pass from deep past Willy Caballero before Duda received a red card in stoppage time.

Sevilla’s city rivals Real Betis played out a goalless draw against Espanyol at Cornella El Prat in a match that visiting coach Pepe Mel described as “ugly” in his post-match press conference.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

311538_thumb.jpg

Manchester United fail in late Coentrao deal
The Premier League champions signed Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini for £27.5 million as the deadline loomed but miss out on a loan for the Real Madrid left-back

293800_thumb.jpg

Bale cannot afford to fail, insists Ronaldo
The former Brazil star has stressed that Madrid's latest arrival must always perform due to his hefty price tag and believes Neymar will thrive at Barcelona

312569_thumb.jpg

Bale to Real Madrid deal was stressful, emotional and rewarding, says agent
The Welshman's representative lifts the lid on 110 days of toing and froing between Tottenham and the Spanish outfit which culminated in the world-record transfer on deadline day

257573_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid release Adan
The goalkeeper's contract with the Santiago Bernabeu side has been terminated with immediate effect

311431_thumb.jpg

Manchester United's Herrera move collapses
The Premier League champions were unwilling to meet the Athletic Bilbao star's £31 million release clause during late negotiations on transfer deadline day

305234_thumb.jpg

Atletico Madrid complete Alderweireld deal
The Belgium international has at last completed his move from the Amsterdam giants to the Copa del Rey holders, who have also signed Josuha Guilavogui

312597_thumb.jpg

Bale: I would have joined Madrid for a penny
The Welsh star has rubbished claims that his record-breaking transfer fee might have a negative impact on his approach to the game

280988_thumb.jpg

'Khedira will remain at Madrid' - agent
The Germany star will remain at the Santiago Bernabeu, his representative Jorg Neubauer has confirmed ahead of the summer transfer deadline

235931_thumb.jpg

Busquets and Martinez out of Spain squad
The duo sustained injuries at the weekend and will be unfit for international double header against Finland and Chile.

312620_thumb.jpg

Ozil completes Arsenal move
The Germany star has agreed a stunning €47 million move from Real Madrid to the Emirates, signing a five-year contract with the Premier League side

303838_thumb.jpg

Lisandro Lopez joins Getafe on loan
The Spanish club announced the signing of Benfica's Argentine defender on a season-long temporary deal

312575_thumb.jpg

Bale: I want the Champions League with Madrid
The winger has set his sights on success in Europe, while revealing that Luka Modric advised him to make the move to Spain's capital

312224_thumb.jpg

Signing Bale fits the strategy that has made Madrid the greatest club in the world, says Perez
The club president is delighted with the winger's arrival and says the Santiago Bernabeu side will always be looking to add high-profile names to their squad

308264_thumb.jpg

Benzema agent dismisses Arsenal links again
The striker's agent dismissed suggestions of a move away from the Bernabeu, with the Gunners believed to be interested in the forward as well as Angel Di Maria & Mesut Ozil

301739_thumb.jpg

Sevilla loan Real Madrid star
Galacticos youngster Denis Cheryshev will move to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on a season long loan

309519_thumb.jpg

Bale will do well at Real Madrid, says Pique
The centre-back praised the former Tottenham star but believes time will tell on whether he will be worth the €100 million

312159_thumb.jpg

Isco: Real Madrid want clean sweep
The attacking midfielder is gunning for silverware this season and has stated that the competition for places at los Blancos is a good thing

311059_thumb.jpg

Official: AC Milan sign Kaka
The Serie A giants have confirmed that they have reached an agreement with the attacking midfielder over a two-year deal

312337_thumb.jpg

Neymar: Barcelona will only get better
Following their narrow 3-2 victory over Valencia the Brazilian says he expects the Blaugrana to continue to improve and adds that he is nearing full fitness

155627_thumb.jpg

Seven steps to completing a transfer
As the European elite clubs attempt to squeeze through last-minute transfers, find out exactly what goes on behind the scenes of a modern-day deal from those truly in the know

296582_thumb.jpg

'Madrid can win La Liga & La Decima with Ronaldo & Bale'
Former Madrid goalkeeper Paco Buyo believes los Blancos can conquer the Primera Division and claim the Champions League with the world's two most expensive players in their side

310746_thumb.jpg

Martino: Neymar & Messi to shine
The Blaugrana coach was in bouyant mood after his side's hard fought victory at Mestalla and he sees no problem with his two South American stars working in tandem

312246_thumb.jpg

Valencia 2-3 Barcelona: Messi hat-trick settles thriller
The Argentine ran riot in the opening 40 minutes before Helder Postiga brought the hosts back into the game with a quick-fire double just before the break

310358_thumb.jpg

Levy: Bale forced us to sell him
The Spurs supremo explained that he had no intention of cashing in on the 24-year-old attacker but that the player was no long committed to the cause

308281_thumb.jpg

Bale bids farewell to Tottenham after completing 'dream' Real Madrid move
The double PFA Player of the Year winner has paid tribute to Spurs, and Southampton, after officially completing his move to the Spanish giants on a six-year deal

308281_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid sign Bale for world record fee
Los Blancos have finally announced the arrival of the Wales international, who has usurped new team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo as the game's most expensive player

281340_thumb.jpg

Coentrao is staying at Real Madrid - Ancelotti
The Italian coach claims he is happy with the Portuguese defender and says the €30 million man will not be moving on before the transfer window closes on Monday

312022_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid 3-1 Athletic Bilbao: Who needs Bale? Isco double troubles Basques
Goals from the playmaker and Cristiano Ronaldo ensured los Blancos maintained their 100 per cent Liga record

300627_thumb.jpg

Ancelotti devises special fitness plan for Bale
The Tottenham forward will complete his move to Real Madrid imminently and his new coach is anxious for the Welshman to make up for lost time in pre-season

303513_thumb.jpg

Abidal: I deserved another year at Barcelona
The Monaco captain reveals his disappointment at not being offered a contract extension by the Catalans, believing he had proven his fitness after recovering from cancer

311534_thumb.jpg

Madrid block Coentrao & Di Maria sales
The former Benfica pair are set to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu, despite interest in the Portugal defender from Tottenham and Arsenal's pursuit of the Argentina winger

311917_thumb.jpg

La Liga: Villarreal continue sizzling start
Yellow Submarine maintain 100 per cent record in Primera Division against Osasuna, Valladolid beat Getafe and Celta Vigo share points with Granada

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ancelotti: I'm glad Ozil is not happy

Chelsea-Carlo-Ancelotti+cropped

By Joe Wright180
Sep 1, 2013 2:45:00 PM

The Real Madrid boss insists no player should be content with a place among the substitutes, while Isco and Luka Modric pay tribute to the Santiago Bernabeu faithful

Carlo Ancelotti claims he is glad to see Mesut Ozil unhappy at having been restricted to a role among the substitutes at Real Madrid.

The Germany international was left out of the starting XI for los Blancos' 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao at the expense of Isco and Luka Modric, but Ancelotti insists he would not expect any player to enjoy being left on the bench.

"It's normal that Ozil isn't happy. I don't like players who are happy to be on the bench," he told reporters after the match.

Isco played a starring role in Ozil's absence with two goals, and the Spain starlet was thrilled at the reception he received from the home faithful following his display.

"I'm happy with the goals and the points. I hope this continues. I try to help the team in every way I can, be it through assists or scoring," he said.

"We've had three games. I'm just getting started. I'm very grateful to the Santiago Bernabeu."

Luka Modric was likewise pleased at the supporters' backing after an inspired display at the heart of midfield.

"I'm delighted with the affection from the Santiago Bernabeu. I appreciate the support of the fans. I want to give my all in every game," the Croatian added.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Madrid ditched Ozil for his poor finishing - Kahn

312620_heroa.jpg

By Chris Kvesa304
Sep 2, 2013 6:45:00 PM

The Germany legend believes the international has failed to establish himself as an indispensable asset at the Santiago Bernabeu, which ultimately led to his dismissal

Former Real Madrid star Mesut Ozil was released by the club due to his poor goal-scoring record, according to ex-Germany international Oliver Kahn.

The Gelsenkirchen-born recently completed a switch to Arsenal in a transfer worth €47 million and Kahn feels the deal was only possible because Carlo Ancelotti saw no future for the 24-year-old at the Spanish capital.

"Mesut Ozil failed to make himself indispensable at Real Madrid," the former Bayern Munich goalkeeper wrote in his column for Bild.

"Last season, he only scored nine goals in La Liga - in his position, behind the attackers, this is not enough. Especially if you consider that it's normal for Real Madrid to score a combined 100 goals per season.

"Those who want to survive at a club like Real must prove themselves in every match and show that they're the best of the best.

"It will be interesting to watch if Ozil can prevail in the English Premier League with his filigree way of playing."

Ozil scored 19 goals during 104 appearances for los Blancos since his arrival in 2010. For his country, the German with Turkish ancestry was able to mark 14 times in a total of 47 outings.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kahn slams Madrid over Bale transfer fee

172059_heroa.jpg

By Chris Kvesa185
Sep 2, 2013 7:23:00 PM

The Germany legend has criticised los Blancos for spending an exorbitant sum on the Wales international and suggests their transfer strategy is outdated

Real Madrid paid well over the odds to secure the services for Gareth Bale, according to former Germany keeper Oliver Kahn.

The Spansih giants smashed the world-record transfer fee to bring the Welshman to the Bernabeu from Tottenham, spending €100 million.

However, the Bayern Munich legend feels his lack of big-game experience proves that he is worth nowhere near his price tag.

"Never before has there been such a huge gap between a transfer fee and the actual market value of a player," he wrote in his Bild column.

"If Gareth Bale can be the 'next Tom Cruise' still has to be proven.

"The 24-year-old Welshman had nine Champions League appearances so far and he wasn't able to feature in big tournaments with the Wales national team."

Kahn then went on to criticise Madrid's dealings in the transfer market, arguing their hefty debt and Spain's current economic crisis should deter them from spending big.

"Out of the six most expensive transfers of all time, five were done by Madrid. It's within the club's philosophy to think in superlatives.

"I highly doubt that Real Madrid's approach is still contemporary considering their €600m debt and the economic situation in Spain.

"Furthermore, they recently didn't have success internationally, their last Champions League win was 11 years ago."

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Van der Vaart fires warning to €100m Bale

132663_heroa.jpg

By Jay Jaffa122
Sep 3, 2013 12:00:00 AM

The Dutchman played with the Welshman at Tottenham, and spent two years at Real Madrid, and says the 24-year-old will have to rise to the high expectations

Former Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart believes Real Madrid overpaid by spending €100m on Gareth Bale.

Van der Vaart spent two years at Madrid but was in in and out of the starting XI, particularly in his final season, and believes Bale will have to adjust to the heightened expectations.

The Hamburg playmaker played alongside the Welshman for Tottenham between 2010-2012 but doesn't feel the pricetag reflects his ability.

Van der Vaart told NOS: "€100 million is a bit much. You should ask yourself if a player is worth that amount at all. I've played with him, but I couldn't see that he was worth 100 million back then. He did develop quite good, but still he has to prove his worth at Real.

"I know Bale as a very nice and sweet guy so I think he would fit best in England. A club like Real Madrid is different and there is a lot of pressure over there. But maybe he can surprise everybody at Real."

Van der Vaart also believes Bale is below the level of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi but added that he hopes the 24-year-old succeeds in the Spanish capital.

He continued: "You can't compare him with Messi and Ronaldo, because they're from another level. If you make so many goals for so many years and win all these prizes they have won, it's not fair to compare anybody else with those guys.

"I've been in his situation, only Real paid a little less money for me back then. I would like to wish him all the best at Real Madrid, because Gareth is a great lad."

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bale reveals Ronaldo was major factor in Madrid move

312573_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts355
Sep 2, 2013 1:58:00 PM

The Wales international has nothing but praise for the prolific attacker and has stressed that his hefty price tag will not affect him

Gareth Bale has stated that the presence of Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid was one of the reasons why he joined the Liga giants and added that he's looking forward to playing alongside the Portugal star.

The 24-year-old signed a six-year deal with the Blancos on Monday to complete his €100 million move from Tottenham and he's keen to team up with the former Manchester United star.

"For me Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world," Bale said at a press conference. "His presence played a big part in my decision to join Madrid. It will be an honour to play alongside him.

"What about penalties and free-kicks? Ronaldo is the boss here at Madrid. Let's see what he says.

"I don't need to help Ronaldo to be the best in the world - he has already shown it."

The Welshman then went on to stress that his hefty price-tag does not put any extra pressure on him and added that he's determined to help Madrid win silverware.

"The transfer fee is not something that affects me. It's something between Madrid and Spurs. It only brings extra pressure if I want it to.

"The biggest pressure here is to help Madrid win trophies. I want to win silverware here and help the club win the Champions League."

Bale could make his official Madrid debut away against Villarreal on September 13 after the international break.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Transfer Wrap: La Liga

3 September 2013

359365header.jpg

After a number of moves were thrashed out on a typically frantic transfer deadline day, we round up the biggest deals in La Liga.

Although Gareth Bale's reported world-record move from Tottenham to Real Madrid was confirmed before Monday, the Spanish capital still saw plenty of transfer action on the final day.

Real's cross-city rivals Atletico were busy, bringing in two players to help bolster Diego Simeone's squad.

Belgian defender Toby Alderweireld arrived for a reported €10million from Dutch champions Ajax, while Josuha Guilavogui made the switch to the Vicente Calderon from Saint-Etienne.

But, along with officially unveiling Bale to reporters, Real were mostly caught up in allowing players to leave.

Kaka ended his frustrating spell in La Liga by returning to Milan, as Denis Cheryshev departed for Sevilla on a season-long loan and Antonio Adan was released on a free transfer.

Real Madrid also allowed Mesut Ozil to move to Arsenal, as the Premier League club broke their transfer record to secure his signature.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm angry! Ronaldo slams Ozil's £42.5m Arsenal move as Real stars queue to question sale

By CHARLIE SKILLEN PUBLISHED: 08:54 GMT, 4 September 2013 | UPDATED: 09:21 GMT, 4 September 2013

Cristiano Ronaldo has declared his anger at Mesut Ozil’s departure to Arsenal. German playmaker Ozil was a deadline day record signing for the Gunners at £42.5million, with Ronaldo becoming the latest Real Madrid star to express his frustration at the move. According to Spanish paper AS, Ronaldo has told Portugal team-mates his views on Ozil's departure, which came hours after confirmation of the world-record £86million signing of Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

article-0-1B95C4FE000005DC-325_634x500.jpg

'Angry': Cristiano Ronaldo has told international team-mates he is not pleased at Mesut Ozil's sale

article-2410231-1B975300000005DC-735_634x477.jpg

In action: But new Arsenal signing Ozil's departure has been questioned by a host of Real Madrid's top stars

article-2410231-1B98CC2C000005DC-949_634x600.jpg

New colours: Ozil (left) showing off his new Arsenal shirt with Gunners striker Lukas Podolski

'The sale of Ozil is very bad news for me,' he said.'He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving.'Such was the German’s popularity at Real, he was one of the few players with friends on both sides of the club’s divide. Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portuguese contingent were all fond of Ozil, while captain and Spain standard-bearer Sergio Ramos even risked Jose Mourinho’s wrath to stand up for Real’s No 10. In a game against Deportivo, when Ozil was taken off at half-time, Ramos put the No 10 shirt on under his own for the second half. He felt Ozil was being unfairly targeted by Mourinho and if he scored was ready to rip off his shirt to dedicate the goal to his friend.

article-2410973-1B9A1A4C000005DC-634_634x425.jpg

Fighting fit: Ronaldo reportedly expressed his anger to Portugal team-mates, training on Tuesday

article-2410231-1B9A4C14000005DC-184_634x817.jpg

Tribute: Sergio Ramos posted this picture on Twitter of him proudly holding Mesut Ozil's last Madrid shirt

And there are other voices of dissent. Madrid’s former sporting director, Jorge Valdano, has already said: ‘If they gave me the choice I would put the Ozil-Angel Di Maria pairing before Bale. I would certainly put Ozil before Bale.’Real claim the move to Arsenal is a result of Ozil wanting to leave, but everyone knows he has been told to go because the club need to pay loans taken out to bring in Bale, costing £100m-plus in repayments. Ronaldo will miss Ozil’s ability to find him with a pass anywhere on the pitch, something Bale will not be able to offer.The Portugal star's words come after a host of other top Real players spoke out on their team-mate's departure for London.

article-2410231-1B909C86000005DC-29_634x489.jpg

Strike a pose: Fellow attacking midfielder Isco was another player to question the sale of Ozil

Ramos said: 'It's obvious that he is a special teammate and friend,' said Ramos.'I've always had a real 'feeling' with him, and it's a shame. He's a great footballer, unique. 'Ozil would be the very last player who I would sell from Real Madrid, if it was up to me. I don't understand this.'But he has decided, and the club too. We have a great team and I hope it will be a big year [for us].'Ramos took to Twitter to post a picture of him holding Ozil's last ever Madrid shirt, with the message: 'Your last match's t-shirt will be kept foundly with me.'

article-2410231-1B952F5B000005DC-507_634x547.jpg

New man: Ozil was sold after the world-record £86million signing of Gareth Bale from Tottenham

Madrid playmaker Isco, who joined the club from Malaga this summer, added of Ozil's sale in Marca: 'To be honest it has surprised me, and more so after he said last week that he was going to stay.'We all know Ozil, he has a lot of quality and he's a player who is capable of changing a game."Alvaro Arbeloa, who like Madrid team-mates Isco and Ramos is currently on international duty with Spain, echoed the thoughts of his colleagues and admitted Ozil would be missed both on and off the pitch. He said in AS: 'I'm a little bit surprised, it's a shame, and it's a big loss to the dressing room, on a footballing level and on a personal level too.

article-2410973-1B79C98D000005DC-354_634x468.jpg

Pinpoint passing: Ozil (centre) in action against Granada's Brayan Angulo (left) and Hassan Yebda

'He said goodbye to us on Sunday, but I thought he was joking. He's very different, there's no player like him in the world. He makes the difference on the pitch.'He'll have his reasons for moving. But we will keep looking forward, we have other great players. I understand it's tough for the fans, they loved him. He is a phenomenon and got on well with everyone. It's a real loss.'

With additional reporting from Pete Jenson

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

287002_thumb.jpg

Injured Ronaldo ruled out of Brazil clash
Portugal's team doctor ruled the nation's hat-trick hero against Northern Ireland out of their friendly with the Selecao on Tuesday due to tendinitis

125871_thumb.jpg

Wilshere: I learnt so much from Fabregas
The Arsenal midfielder has praised the Barcelona star, saying he is the best player he has ever played with, and is also confident England will qualify for World Cup 2014

314019_thumb.jpg

'Barca-Madrid dominance is a tremendous injustice' - Luis
Atletico Madrid defender Filipe Luis is proud of his side's "humility" but claims La Liga is damaged by the financial muscle of the Clasico clubs

314376_thumb.jpg

Bale believes the only way is up at Real Madrid
The winger was "unsettled" when turning up for his first training session in the Spanish capital, but is confident that working with the best players and coaches will improve him

302133_thumb.jpg

Thiago Silva shares frustration over broken Barca dream
The 28-year-old's move was scuppered by a breakdown in negotiations and the Brazilian hinted he was put off by Eric Abidal's treatment at the club

284592_thumb.jpg

Abidal paid fully during illness, say Barcelona
The Catalan club have released a statement to deny claims made by the French defender that he had not received his wages during treatment for cancer

310746_thumb.jpg

'Martino will be a Barcelona idol'
The Argentine is off to the perfect start with the Blaugrana and Newell’s Old Boys' president believes it is a sign of things to come at Camp Nou

312975_thumb.jpg

Neymar backs Messi for Ballon d'Or
The Brazilian is enjoying playing alongside his esteemed team-mate and admits he is more than capable of being crowned the best player in the world yet again

313280_thumb.jpg

Juventus on a par with Real Madrid, says Tardelli
The Republic of Ireland assistant coach is optimistic about the Old Lady's chances in Europe and has hailed their transfer dealings

312594_thumb.jpg

Tottenham to review Real Madrid 'partnership'
The north London club are furious at the behaviour of the Spanish giants in sealing a deal for Gareth Bale, while they also allowed Mesut Ozil to join Spurs' great rivals Arsenal

301873_thumb.jpg

Barcelona are self-destructive, claims Mascherano
The Argentine believes the Camp Nou side should enjoy their successes rather than constantly look for negatives in their displays

287343_thumb.jpg

Abidal: I would still be at Barcelona if Guardiola had not left
The experienced defender believes he could have been offered fresh terms at Camp Nou had the 42-year-old not quit the club in 2012

306224_thumb.jpg

Villas-Boas: 'Intense' Bale pressure forced Real Madrid move
The 35-year-old has called for the transfer window to close sooner after claiming the Welshman left Spurs with no choice but to sell their star player

307024_thumb.jpg

Fabregas is extraordinary - Xavi
The experienced midfielder has hailed his compatriot's versatility and believes he possesses abilities no other Barcelona player has

305886_thumb.jpg

I hope Barcelona don't turn Neymar into a bodybuilder - Maradona
The legendary No.10 is a massive fan of the Brazilian superstar but fears that his new employers might try to persuade him to bulk up

257573_thumb.jpg

Adan launches Mourinho tirade
The 26-year-old still feels aggrieved at his old coach for overlooking him in his search for someone to replace Spain captain Iker Casillas in January

308176_thumb.jpg

'Neymar could have been Madrid's Messi'
A former club official of los Blancos says the 21-year-old should be lining up against the Argentine in future Clasico's rather than playing alongside him

312032_thumb.jpg

Navas: Casillas would be a great addition for Manchester City
The goalkeeper has been linked with a move away from Real Madrid after falling down the pecking order and his international team-mate would love to see him at the Etihad Stadium

312475_thumb.jpg

'Don't blame Mourinho for my Madrid form' - Kaka
The 31-year-old has refuted suggestions that the Portuguese is culpable for his disappointing displays throughout his four-year stay with los Blancos

312975_thumb.jpg

Messi hails Neymar's humble attitude
The forward has praised the Brazil international for the way he has adapted to his new surroundings since his move to Camp Nou

312332_thumb.jpg

Gomez: I rejected Real Madrid
The Germany international has claimed that he could have joined the Liga giants but preferred a move to Serie A instead

212344_thumb.jpg

Guti: I hate to say it but Messi is the best
The Spain international has praised the Barcelona star and rates him over Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo

313572_thumb.jpg

Barcelona may rue decision not to strengthen defence, says Nadal
The Catalan club made bids for Chelsea's David Luiz and Liverpool's Daniel Agger in the summer but finally opted against signing a centre-back as only Neymar arrived in the window

291803_thumb.jpg

Pedro saddened at Villa exit
The Barcelona attacker has hailed his compatriot as "a reference point for Spanish football" and admits he is unsure who will start in goal against Finland on Friday

303559_thumb.jpg

'I decided to stay at Chelsea' - David Luiz claims he rejected Barcelona offer
The Primera Division holders had made a €25.5 million bid for the Brazilian, with the Blues demanding double, but the centre-back did not want to leave Stamford Bridge

313024_thumb.jpg

Messi pays €5 million in tax fraud case
The Argentine made the "corrective payment" in August after being accused of filing incomplete documents between 2006 and 2009

278640_thumb.jpg

Caballero signs new deal at Malaga
The 31-year-old has extended his stay at La Rosaleda having originally joined from Elche back in 2011

312975_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo: Neymar will learn from Messi
The Brazil legend believes the 21-year-old is not yet at the same level as the Argentine or Cristiano Ronaldo, but backed him to make big strides in Europe

313203_thumb.jpg

Atletico Madrid new-boy Alderweireld reveals Liverpool snub
The former Ajax man says Brendan Rodgers' approach came too late as he has already decided to move to La Liga and sign a four-year deal with Atleti

312947_thumb.jpg

Osasuna sack coach Jose Luis Mendilibar
The 52-year-old has lost his job after two-and-a-half years in charge of los Rojillos, with the club losing their first three league fixtures

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga reach new record in player sales as £404m is spent buying Ozil, Isco, Soldado and Co

By IAIN ROGERS PUBLISHED: 22:21 GMT, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 23:01 GMT, 5 September 2013

La Liga clubs earned more from player sales in the close season than any league in history, including a record amount from selling talent to rivals abroad, according to a study published on Thursday. The figures compiled by Barcelona-based Prime Time Sport underlined how Spanish top-flight teams, excluding wealthy Real Madrid and Barcelona, are increasingly being forced to cash in on top performers to stay afloat. They also suggested UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, currently being phased in and designed to prevent clubs spending more than they earn, are beginning to bite.

article-2413352-1BA41AC8000005DC-949_634x420.jpg

Big-money exit: Mesut Ozil left Real Madrid for Arsenal for £42.5m

La Liga clubs sold players worth £404 million in the transfer window which closed on Monday, Prime Time's latest Football Transfer Review showed. Almost a third of income, or £117m, came from deals with clubs outside Spain. The majority of players were sold to English Premier League sides, including Mesut Ozil leaving Real Madrid for Arsenal, Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas joining Manchester City from Sevilla and Roberto Soldado switching to Tottenham Hotspur from Valencia, though Real also bought domestically in the likes of Isco. La Liga clubs spent £337m buying players, the second highest amount ever, yielding a net profit of around £67m, with Real (£154m) and Barca (£48m) accounting for 62 percent of the outlay.

article-2413352-1B8C310C000005DC-560_306x423.jpg
article-2413352-1B99B8D4000005DC-388_306x423.jpg

Departed: Jesus Navas and Roberto Soldado (right) left La Liga for the lure of the Premier League

Outside the big two, the world's richest clubs by income, four clubs did not spend anything at all on players and nine laid out less than £2.52m each.'La Liga is now more of a seller than a buyer and except for Real and Barca is experiencing difficulties in holding on to talent,' Prime Time said.'As many as 13 of the 20 teams in La Liga took their chance to cash in and clean up their accounts.'

article-2413352-1B909C86000005DC-580_634x409.jpg

Domestic mover: Isco was among the most expensive players to move within La Liga when he joined Real Madrid from Malaga

The study also showed that after Real's purchase of Gareth Bale from Spurs for a record £86m, the club has spent 611 million on players in the past five years, almost 40 percent of the total for La Liga.They have spent 75 percent more than arch-rivals Barca (£293million), who bought only one player in the close season - Brazil forward Neymar from Santos for £48m - for the first time in a quarter of a century. Barca have the joint-most players from their own academy with 17, the same as Athletic Bilbao who only field players of Basque origin, Prime Time said.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid profits jump by 50 per cent

291461_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts323
Sep 6, 2013 9:23:00 AM

The Santiago Bernabeu side recorded a €520.9 million turnover for 2012-13 after breaking the half-billion barrier for the second consecutive season

Real Madrid have announced a turnover of €520.9 million over the 2012-13 fiscal year, a 1.3 per cent increase on the previous season.

The Santiago Bernabeu side therefore become the only sports entity in the world to surpass the €500m revenue barrier for the second consecutive year.

Madrid also recorded a net profit of €36.9m, which represents a 52.4 per cent increase compared to the previous financial year.

Consequently, the Liga giants' net debt dropped by 27.4 per cent to €90.6m in total - a decrease of more than €34m.

Much of the strong financial performance is based on the club's transfer policy of the past year, with the collective €40m outlay on Luka Modric, Diego Lopez and the loan of Michael Essien offset by the sales of Sergio Canales, Hamit Altintop, Lassana Diarra and Nuri Sahin's loan exit.

The figures do not take into account the monumental summer spending from Carlo Ancelotti's side in 2013, during which Gareth Bale, Isco, Asier Illarremendi, Dani Carvajal and Casemiro all arrived for a combined sum of €181.5m. Neither are the sales of Mesut Ozil, Gonzalo Higuain, Jose Callejon and Raul Albiol factored in.

The results from the 2012-2013 season will be subject to approval at a club general meeting on September 22.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Barca target £30m Courtois to replace Valdes as Cech blocks Belgian's path to becoming Chelsea No 1

By JOHN EDWARDS
PUBLISHED: 21:42 GMT, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 00:36 GMT, 6 September 2013

Barcelona want Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois to be their new number one next season and have made enquiries about his availability. Sportsmail understands they have placed him above Borussia Moenchengladbach’s highly-rated Marc-Andre ter Stegen on their wish list to replace Victor Valdes and have sounded out aides over whether he would welcome a move to the Nou Camp. With Petr Cech showing little sign of being ready to relinqish his hold on the number one position at Stamford Bridge, Belgium’s on-loan Atletico Madrid keeper is understood to be keenly interested in joining the Catalan giants, in his quest for regular first-team football.

article-2413291-1B9F9AA9000005DC-844_634x364.jpg

Highly rated: Thibaut Courtois is among the best goalkeepers in the world

article-2413291-1BA49940000005DC-156_306x423.jpg
article-2413291-1B94D5CC000005DC-781_306x423.jpg

Elder statesmen: But if Petr Cech (right) remains at Chelsea, Courtois could be asked to replace Victor Valdes

Cost could yet be a stumbling block. While Ter Stegen is valued at around £10million, Chelsea are likely to ask close on three times as much for Courtois, who has excelled during his two full seasons in Madrid.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho lost Madrid dressing room, reveals Albiol

313934_heroa.jpg

Matthew Rogerson86
Sep 6, 2013 4:06:00 PM

The defender has lifted the lid on the final few months of the Portuguese's reign at the Santiago Bernabeu

Raul Albiol has revealed how Jose Mourinho lost the Real Madrid dressing room in a turbulent final season in charge of the club.

The Portuguese lifted La Liga in 2012 but much publicised disputes with goalkeeper Iker Casillas and defender Pepe brought about the end of Mourinho's reign at the Santiago Bernabeu last season.

Los Blancos finished runners-up to Barcelona in the league while bowing out of the Champions League in the semi-finals to Borussia Dortmund, before capping off a miserable season with defeat in the Copa del Rey final at the hands of city rivals Atletico Madrid.

Mourinho was subsequently sacked at the end of the campaign, with Albiol following him out of the exit door as he joined Napoli and the 28-year-old says the writing was on the wall for his former boss as the season drew to a close.

"With Mourinho there was never a bad relationship, I always got along with him. That is normal with my boss," he told El Pais.

"The last three months at Madrid were unpleasant, because we lost the league, we were eliminated from the Champions League and lost the Copa del Rey Final.

"Maybe last year was the worst in respect of the dressing room atmosphere, but I will stick with the good and my relationship with Mourinho was normal."

Albiol has played both of Napoli's opening Serie A games this season, with Rafael Benitez's side emerging as the early leaders in the division and the Spain international admits he is enjoying playing under the man who gave him his first chance with former club Valencia.

"I am back to enjoying the confidence of the coach, the tension of the games, it is what satisfies you as a professional," he continued.

"(Completing the move) took no time, in a few days we arranged everything. It was easy to decide - it was Benitez, they had already signed (Jose) Callejon, they had a project and Naples has always been a city for football.

"Benitez’s influence? I didn’t talk to the coach until I was taking the medical. But I have known him for years, in fact I made my debut at Valencia with him, in his final year, against AEK Solna in the UEFA Cup."

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why is Messi wearing a Madrid shirt? Barca star wears top promoting rival city

By JOHN DRAYTON PUBLISHED: 15:34 GMT, 6 September 2013 | UPDATED: 15:49 GMT, 6 September 2013

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has been pictured in a Madrid shirt – but fans of the Catalan giants need not worry. Messi was in Buenos Aires and showed his support for the city of Madrid’s bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games and not eyeing a move to the Bernabeu.The Argentina forward put the t-shirt on during training with his international teammates ahead of next week’s qualifier with Paraguay.

article-0-1B99FAF7000005DC-893_634x453.jpg

Showing his support: Argentinian striker Lionel Messi and the president of the Spanish Olympic Committee Alejandro Blanco show their support for Madrid's bid

article-0-1B92A4D7000005DC-7_306x423.jpg
article-0-1B9B5F91000005DC-921_306x423.jpg

Rivals: Messi in his normal Barcelona shirt and putting on a Madrid 2020 t-shirt

article-2414040-1BA8CD58000005DC-841_634x374.jpg

Laughing all the way to the World Cup: Maxi Rodriguez, Messi, Angel Di Maria and Ezequiel Lavezzi share a joke at training

article-2414040-1BA8CC7D000005DC-816_634x342.jpg

Heads up: Messi heads the ball during a training session ahead of Argentina's 2014 World Cup qualifying match against Paraguay

article-0-1B9B61B2000005DC-596_306x311.jpg

Backing the bid: Messi shows his support for Madrid

It was the of campaigning by the cities bidding to host the games with Madrid saying its proposal based on economic austerity can become the new model for future games. Madrid officials presented their case at a news conference in Buenos Aires, beginning the cities’ final push to lure International Olympic Committee members’ votes on Saturday. Tokyo and Istanbul would continue making their cases later Friday.

Madrid Mayor Ana Botella said its bid has a 'responsible budget' which is adjusted 'to the current times.' Bid leader Alejandro Blanco said ‘We are trying to show that our candidacy is adjusting to what the Olympic movement wants.’

HOW THE BIDDING WORKS

WHAT: Selection of host city for 2020 Summer Olympics.

WHERE: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

VENUE: Hilton Hotel.

WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 7.

THE CANDIDATES: Istanbul, Madrid and Tokyo.

WHO DECIDES: The International Olympic Committee.

THE MEETING: 125th IOC Session.

THE VOTE: IOC members vote by secret ballot until one city receives a simple majority. City receiving fewest votes is eliminated after each round. Maximum number of rounds will be two.

HOW MANY: IOC has 103 members. President Jacques Rogge chooses not to vote and members from the three bid countries don't vote while their city is still in contention. Spain has three IOC members, Japan and Turkey have one each.

FIRST ROUND: If all members attend, 97 eligible to vote, meaning 49 votes needed for victory. If election goes to second round, member or members from country eliminated in first ballot can vote in second.

PRESENTATIONS: Each city will make 45-minute final presentations, with additional 15 minutes for questions and answers.

THE ORDER: Istanbul, Tokyo and Madrid.

THE BALLOT: Voting begins at 3:45 p.m. local time (1845 GMT).

THE ANNOUNCEMENT: Ceremony starts at 5 p.m. local time (2000 GMT). Rogge will open sealed envelope and announce winner.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real to play Lopez in La Liga and Casillas in Europe as Ancelotti tries to keep everyone happy... but club legend WON'T leave after peace-making talks with Barcelona

By GERARD BRAND PUBLISHED: 08:56 GMT, 6 September 2013 | UPDATED: 11:58 GMT, 6 September 2013

Iker Casillas lost his place in Real Madrid's team under Jose Mourinho because he helped calm the waters between the Spanish internationals at his club and at Barcelona, according to national coach Vicente del Bosque. Several matches between the two clubs during the combative Mourinho's stint in Spain were marred by brawling, accusations of refereeing bias and play-acting although more recent meetings have been less controversial. 'It's true that in difficult moments for the national team, when the Real-Barca matches got a little strange, he (Casillas) ... helped the team to move on and continue winning things like the (2012) European Championship,' Del Bosque told radio station Onda Cero.

article-2413600-1BA48CA7000005DC-434_634x415.jpg

Switch: Casillas is reportedly being primed to play in Europe while sitting out of La Liga games

article-2413600-1B79E5C6000005DC-711_634x393.jpg

Starter: Diego Lopez will play in La Liga this season, but Madrid insist Casillas won't leave

'This did not go down well and perhaps had a detrimental effect also on Iker,' added the former Real coach. 'He was a key figure in fostering harmony in the national team.'

article-2413600-1BA73DB2000005DC-553_306x423.jpg

The tension reached a low point in August 2011 when Mourinho, who returned three months ago for a second spell at Chelsea, jabbed a finger in the eye of Barca assistant coach Tito Vilanova as fighting erupted during a Spanish Super Cup game. New Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has devised a controversial plan to keep perfect decorum among his goalkeeping ranks at the Bernabeu - by choosing to play Diego Lopez in La Liga and club legend Casillas in the Champions League. Spanish newspaper Marca claim the Italian has told Casillas his chance will come in Europe this season.

With Madrid drawn against Juventus, Galatasaray and Copenhagen in the group stages, passage through to the knockout stages could have been made easier.
This isn't the first time Madrid have alternated between the posts in the league and Europe. In the 2001-02, a campaign which saw Madrid win the Champions League, Cesar played most games in La Liga with Casillas playing in the Champions League. Madrid did however finish third in La Liga behind Deportivo and winners Valencia. Ancelotti said last week that Casillas' attitude is still positive, and has refused to rule out Casillas having a bigger role to play in the future, opting for competition for places.

article-2413600-1B91600D000005DC-519_634x433.jpg

Bold move: Ancelotti's decision has the potential to cause unrest with Real players and fans alike

article-2413600-1B799134000005DC-894_634x446.jpg

Benched: Casillas looks out from the subs bench during the La Liga match against Granada

'I spoke to him prior to the first (La Liga) match and I want to do so again in the coming days to explain the situation,' Ancelotti said prior to Sunday's game against Athletic Bilbao. 'Iker hasn't talked to us about leaving. I don't think he's going to leave. We need two very good goalkeepers for this season. Diego's playing at this time, but I'm sure that Casillas will have a chance to play this season.'There may be a fan backlash to the Italian's decision, but Real Madrid youth coach Guti has asked fans to respect Ancelotti's decision, and believes this isn't the end for Casillas at Madrid.'I support Ancelotti. The coach makes decisions that he feels will be best for the club going forward,' Guti told Punto Pelota.'Iker is a friend, but if the coach chooses another player, that choice should be supported.'The coach cannot just gift a player a position in the team. Diego is playing well and we should welcome him.'

article-2413600-190B5231000005DC-997_634x456.jpg

Trouble: Jose Mourinho (right) was lamented for his decision to leave out Casillas while managing Madrid last term

But Guti says Casillas will not leave Real Madrid regardless of whether he is shunned or not, because his professionalism is still strong. 'It's difficult for a player who has played for so long for Real Madrid, who has given the club everything, to just walk away. Iker will not leave the club. 'I'm not closing the door on Iker returning to the pitch. I really think he will be back.'

article-2413600-02B280C000000578-481_634x435.jpg

No chance: Former Madrid legend and youth team coach Guti believes Casillas will not leave the club

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

293800_heros.jpg

Cristiano & Bale compatible - Ronaldo
The ex-Barcelona striker believes the former Spurs star will get along fine with the Portugal international at the Bernabeu

295432_heros.jpg

Iniesta set to extend Barcelona contract
The club's president has saluted the Blaugrana's "key" man during an interview as he hints at a new deal for the midfielder in the coming weeks

309517_heros.jpg

Rosell: Madrid fought hard for Neymar
The Barcelona president claims their bitter rivals were attempting to snap up the player even as he signed a contract with the Blaugrana, and ruled out a move for Iker Casillas

291479_heros.jpg

'Ribery/CR7 should share Ballon d'Or'
The Real Madrid icon believes the France and Portugal stars deserve to win this year's prize more than current holder Lionel Messi

312594_heros.jpg

Zidane: Bale not worth €100m
The Frenchman has voiced concern at football's "incomprehensible" transfer fees - including the €75m figure for which he joined Real Madrid in 2001

314823_heros.jpg

Ozil: I'd have joined Arsenal for free
The Germany international, who moved to the north Londoners on Monday, realised he was disillusioned with life at the Santiago Bernabeu following a conversation with Arsene Wenger

314836_heros.jpg

I'm worthy of Madrid shirt - Coentrao
The full-back is even more determined to prove his worth after coming close to leaving the Santiago Bernabeu on transfer deadline day

291864_heros.jpg

Zidane glad Casillas still Spain No.1
Real Madrid's assistant coach is pleased for the 32-year-old who has struggled to keep his place in the first team at club level