• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Car ´flipped over several times´ leading to Malanda death

11 January 2015

770252header.jpg

German police have confirmed that the car involved in an accident that saw Junior Malanda die "flipped over several times".

The 20-year-old Wolfsburg midfielder died on Saturday after a car accident.

Malanda was said to be travelling towards Hannover on his way to meet Wolfsburg team-mates for a training camp in South Africa.

Police said the vehicle - which Malanda was a passenger in - went off the motorway "for as yet unknown reasons".

They added: "The car broke through the right guardrail, hit a tree, and flipped over several times in the embankment.

"The car came to a stop on its roof.

"One person was thrown out of the vehicle by the accident and died at the scene.

"This was the 20-year-old Belgian Bundesliga player of VFL Wolfsburg, Bernhard Geoffrey Malanda Adje.

"The car was totally destroyed in the accident. At the time, there was heavy rain and gale-force winds."

The driver and another passenger were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Malanda, considered one of Belgium's best young players, had been a regular at youth levels for the nation.

The midfielder had played in 10 Bundesliga matches for Wolfsburg this season.

Tributes flowed in from a range of football figures, including FIFA president Sepp Blatter, Belgium stars Vincent Kompany and Kevin De Bruyne, and national team manager Marc Wilmots.

Rolfes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schalke complete Nastasic loan deal

12 January 2015

770889header.jpg

Schalke have completed the loan signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic for the remainder of the season.

The Serbia international, who moved to City from Fiorentina in 2012, has fallen out of favour with the Premier League champions and links up with Roberto Di Matteo at the Veltins Arena.

Nastasic is under contract at City until 2017, but the 21-year-old's loan - which is subject to the completion of a medical - includes a purchase option.

"The Royal Blues have now agreed with Manchester City over the final details of a loan for Matija Nastasic," read a statement on Schalke's website.

"Subject to the still to be completed medical checks, the 21-year-old Serbian international agrees a contract until 30th June 2015."

Nastasic has not played in a competitive fixture for City since the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal in August.

The centre-back has made 34 Premier League appearances for City, helping Pellegrini's side to a second Premier League title in three seasons last term.

However, the arrivals of Martin Demichelis and Eliaquim Mangala have seen him drift out of the first-team picture this season, and he will join a Schalke side who are fifth in the Bundesliga.

MarcoReus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schalke complete Nastasic loan deal

12 January 2015

770889header.jpg

Schalke have completed the loan signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic for the remainder of the season.

The Serbia international, who moved to City from Fiorentina in 2012, has fallen out of favour with the Premier League champions and links up with Roberto Di Matteo at the Veltins Arena.

Nastasic is under contract at City until 2017, but the 21-year-old's loan - which is subject to the completion of a medical - includes a purchase option.

"The Royal Blues have now agreed with Manchester City over the final details of a loan for Matija Nastasic," read a statement on Schalke's website.

"Subject to the still to be completed medical checks, the 21-year-old Serbian international agrees a contract until 30th June 2015."

Nastasic has not played in a competitive fixture for City since the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal in August.

The centre-back has made 34 Premier League appearances for City, helping Pellegrini's side to a second Premier League title in three seasons last term.

However, the arrivals of Martin Demichelis and Eliaquim Mangala have seen him drift out of the first-team picture this season, and he will join a Schalke side who are fifth in the Bundesliga.

IBelieve

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Karius pens Mainz extension

12 January 2015

770923header.jpg

Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius has signed a three-year contract extension to keep him at the Bundesliga club until 2018.

Karius has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks, with a number of European clubs thought to be interested in his services.

Arsenal, Valencia, as well as Mainz's Bundesliga rivals Borussia Dortmund and Schalke, have all been said to be keen on luring Karius away from the Coface Arena.

But Karius has pledged his future to Mainz, for whom he has made 41 Bundesliga appearances.

He will now try to help transform the fortunes of a Mainz side that sits 12th in the German top flight following a run of nine games without a win.

Mainz return to Bundesliga action on January 31 when they host Paderborn.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lahm to return in mid February

13 January 2015

771390header.jpg

Bayern Munich will have Philipp Lahm back in action in mid-February, as the defender continues his recovery from ankle surgery.

Back in November, it was announced that the World Cup-winner would be out for around three months after fracturing his right ankle in training.

Lahm underwent successful surgery later that same month, and it was confirmed via Bayern's official Twitter account on Tuesday that he is set to return during the middle of next month.

Medhi Benatia, however, is still suffering from back problems and does not appear likely to feature any time soon.

Ahead of a friendly with Qatar All-Stars on Tuesday, Matthias Sammer hailed Bastian Schweinsteiger after the midfielder recovered from an ankle problem of his own.

"Basti has worked hard - he came back quickly. He's full of enthusiasm and that's great for us!" said Bayern's sporting director.

Sammer also took time to hail goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, who finished third in Monday's Ballon d'Or results, narrowly behind Lionel Messi while Cristiano Ronaldo took the award for a third time.

"Congratulations to Cristiano Ronaldo, even though we of course see it differently," said Sammer.

"Manu would have deserved it. He's the best for us.

"He doesn't need consoling. He's a world champion and the world's best goalkeeper."

Dante

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schweinsteiger: I will not retire any time soon

743112_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jan 13, 2015 09:42:00

The experienced midfielder has made it clear that he still has a few more years in him and is eagerly anticipating the second half of the season

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has insisted that he is not thinking about retiring from professional football just yet and aims to keep playing for at least three or four more years.

The 30-year-old has been plagued by physical problems in recent seasons, but he is adamant that he still has plenty to offer and is delighted to have returned to full match fitness after missing the start of the 2014-15 season.

"I think I can keep playing at the highest level for three or four more years," Schweinsteiger told reporters.

"I am really happy that I managed to return to full match fitness and that I managed to make a few appearances before the winter break."

Schweinsteiger's contract with Bayern is due to expire in June 2016, but he has not thought about a renewal for now.

"I don't know whether there have already been talks [between Bayern and my agent].

"I am relaxed about the situation and I am focusing on what matters most. That's all I can do. I just hope that we will have some great games in the Champions League and will be challenged in the Bundesliga as well."

The Germany international has made eight appearances in all competitions so far this term, scoring once in the process.

Rolfes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Durm suffers injury setback

14 January 2015

772102header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund full-back Erik Durm will be sidelined until early February with a groin injury.

The Germany international sustained a torn adductor during Dortmund's 1-0 friendly victory over Sion in Spain on Tuesday.

Durm is subsequently set for a spell on the sidelines and now appears likely to be absent for the clash at Bayer Leverkusen when the Bundesliga resumes after its mid-season break on January 31.

"Erik Durm will be out until the start of February after suffering an adductor injury [on Tuesday]," Dortmund posted on Twitter.

Durm, who won the World Cup with Germany last year, has made 12 Bundesliga appearances for Dortmund this term.

He joins team-mate Sven Bender on the injury list, with the midfielder having undergone knee surgery last week.

Jurgen Klopp's side have endured a miserable campaign thus far and find themselves in the relegation zone having taken just 15 points from 17 matches.

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obraniak joins Rizespor on loan

14 January 2015

772050header.jpg

Werder Bremen attacking midfielder Ludovic Obraniak has joined Turkish Super Lig side Rizespor on loan for the rest of the season.

The Poland international signed for Werder from Bordeaux in January last year, but has found first-team opportunities at the Weserstadion hard to come by.

Obraniak has made just three appearances this season for a Werder side who sit third bottom of the Bundesliga.

He joins a club in the same position in their own league, with Rizespor having claimed just three wins from 16 top-flight games in 2014-15.

Former Lille playmaker Obraniak could make his debut on January 25 when Rizespor visit the Turk Telecom Arena to take on title challengers Galatasaray.

MarcoReus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No ultimatum for Gundogan, says Watzke

14 January 2015

771927header.jpg

Hans-Joachim Watzke has denied that Borussia Dortmund have issued an ultimatum to Ilkay Gundogan over a contract extension with the club.

Premier League sides Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have all been linked with the Germany midfielder, whose contract expires in June 2016.

Reports in the German press have indicated that Dortmund told Gundogan to sign a new deal or be sold at the end of the season.

However, chief exective Watzke has been quick to scotch those rumours.

"There is no ultimatum for Ilkay Gundogan about a contract extension," Watzke said.

Dortmund - who have finished in the top two in each of the previous four seasons - will resume Bundesliga action on January 31 in the relegation zone following a dreadful first half of the campaign.

Their poor form has led to pressure on coach Jurgen Kloop but, while Watzke conceded the former Mainz boss is unlikely to receive backing in the transfer market, he still has complete faith in his abilities.

Asked about the possibility of activity in the January transfer window Watzke added: "It is not very likely but not impossible.

"I still regard Jurgen Klopp as an excellent coach. [To think] anything else would be funny after the last six, seven years."

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Philipp Lahm vows to end his career with Bayern Munich

Philipp Lahm intends to finish his career with Bayern Munich when his contract expires in 2018.

13 hours ago Eurosport

1390306-29802661-2560-1440.jpg

Bayern Munich and Germany defender Philipp Lahm (R) and Germany's coach Joachim Loew (L) with the World Cup.

Germany's World Cup-winning captain says he will not head to the Middle East or the USA for a lucrative pay cheque when he concludes his Bundesliga career.

Full-back and midfielder Lahm is recovering from a broken ankle at the moment.

"My contract with Bayern expires in 2018. I will be 34 by then, that will be the right time to end my career," said Lahm in the French magazine L'Equipe.

"I don't see myself making the move to Qatar or the USA. I want to end my active career while I'm still on top of my game.

"I want to win another Champions League title with Bayern. It's the biggest goal I have now and I think we can even win it this season.

"Our main rivals are Real Madrid, Chelsea and Barcelona. PSG? I'd like to see them against Chelsea. They make progress every year, so we will have to wait and see whether they can also challenge for the Champions League."

Lahm retired after the World Cup in Brazil having collected 113 caps. He praised Franck Ribery's decision to reach a similar decision with the French national side.

Euro Papers: Juventus will sell Paul Pogba, plan megastar shopping spree

Juve are already planning to spend the cash from the sale of Paul Pogba on Premier League stars, while Turkish clubs battle for Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko.

"Ribery was injured a lot in 2014, but he has been back at his best in recent months. He is very important when he plays like he did before the winter break.

"He left the national team and consequently has more time and energy for Bayern. We are quite happy with his decision."

VIEW FROM EUROSPORT IN GERMANY

It’s true that Philipp Lahm will end his career in Munich. He has no motivation to play for another top club in England, Spain or Italy.

At the moment that is a fact. After his retirement from the German national football team, he prefers to concentrate on Bayern Munich and his family.

He extended his contract last year until 2018 – that was a clear signal to stay until his end of his career at Bayern. As he told the press – he'll end his career in Munich.

Dirk Adam

MarcoReus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schalke new boy Nastasic was in demand

15 January 2015

772469header.jpg

Matija Nastasic has revealed he turned down other offers in order to join Schalke and is determined to put his Manchester City woes behind him.

Matija Nastasic has revealed he turned down other offers in order to join Schalke and the defender is determined to ensure Manchester City's loss is the Bundesliga club's gain.

The Serbia centre-back sealed a loan move to Schalke for the rest of the season earlier this week, with a view to a permanent switch to Gelsenkirchen.

Nastasic, who joined City from Fiorentina back in 2012, fell out of favour with the Premier League champions and made only one appearance for Manuel Pellegrini's side this season - in the Community Shield in August.

The 21-year-old has welcomed the opportunity play first-team football under Roberto Di Matteo and is ready to hit the ground running.

He told the club's official website: "At the end of last year, we met twice for discussions. Roberto Di Matteo told me what he expects from the team and that he wants to have me in it.

"I had some other offers but it quickly became clear that I wanted to move to Schalke. The Bundesliga is one of the best leagues in Europe and is getting stronger.

"Schalke is a big and popular club. I am convinced that it was a good decision."

Di Matteo's side are fifth in the German top flight and Nastasic, in Doha on a training camp with his new team-mates, has set his sights on a top-three finish.

He said: "I want to play as many games as possible and help the club reach their targets. I hope that we get more points than we did in the first half of the season.

"We absolutely want to qualify for the Champions League. I think that it is still possible to finish in second or third place."

Schalke face Hannover in their first Bundesliga game after the mid-season break on January 31.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamburg hit by Holtby blow

16 January 2015

772960header.jpg

Bundesliga strugglers Hamburg must make do without Lewis Holtby after he broke his collarbone in a friendly with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Bundesliga strugglers have been dealt a blow with the news that Lewis Holtby is set for a 10-week spell on the sidelines after breaking his collarbone in a 3-2 friendly victory over Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday.

The midfielder was introduced as a second-half substitute and fell awkwardly during a challenge with Martin Lanig.

Holtby was subsequently taken for scans and the former Tottenham man is set to remain in hospital to undergo surgery on his injury.

"It's terribly disappointing for Lewis," Hamburg head coach Joe Zinnbauer told the club's official website.

"I feel really sorry for him. We'll support him as best we can."

The news is bad timing for a Hamburg side who entered the Bundesliga's mid-season break just two points above the bottom two and level with Werder Bremen, who occupy the relegation play-off position.

Hamburg resume their Bundesliga campaign at home to Cologne on January 31.

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels calls for confident Dortmund

15 January 2015

772535header.jpg

Mats Hummels feels confidence is key to Borussia Dortmund improving on their dismal Bundesliga campaign to date.

Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels feels improved confidence will help his team-mates enjoy a successful second half to the Bundesliga season.

Jurgen Klopp's side have endured a woeful campaign to date that has left them languishing second bottom of the table with just four wins from 17 league outings.

Dortmund are on a mid-season training camp in La Manga, with Hummels telling a news conference that belief is crucial to finishing the campaign strongly.

"At the end of the first half of the season we had a problem with self-confidence, for sure," the skipper explained.

"I think it has been quite obvious on the pitch that we conceded goals and this threw us off track. That's what we want to work on - our self-confidence.

"We want to try and play our way of football and I do think we're moving forward. But of course we can get even better over the coming weeks.

"So we want to get our self-confidence back by playing our own game."

Recent signing Kevin Kampl has been present at the training camp following his move from Red Bull Salzburg.

Hummels has been impressed with the attacking midfielder in training and backed him to contribute in the second half of Dortmund's season.

"He lives up to what I've seen from him at Salzburg," Hummels added.

"This season I've watched some of Salzburg's games and he always attracted my attention. He's a good footballer and he is able to work and run.

"And he wants to work and run which is very important in our team. He has the right football skills to help us from now on."

XabiAlonso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola relishing Alaba return

16 January 2015

773027header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is relishing David Alaba's return to action following his two-month lay-off with a knee injury.

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is eagerly awaiting David Alaba's return from a knee injury and is convinced the team will be better with him in the side.

The Austria international tore the medial ligament and damaged the meniscus in his right knee during Bayern's 2-0 UEFA Champions League victory over Roma in November.

Alaba returned to training earlier this month, though, and the full-back could return when Bayern are back in Bundesliga action at Wolfsburg on January 30 following the mid-season break.

Guardiola stated the importance of Alaba to the German champions and hailed his consistent level of performance.

"If tomorrow was the Champions League final he would play," Guardiola said.

"We ask him every day how his knee is, everything is great.

"With him we are a better team, he can play anywhere. He is outstanding.

"On a scale of one to 10, he has always been an eight or a nine, sometimes 10. He is one of the most important players for Bayern Munich."

Guardiola also confirmed that Javi Martinez has yet to start working with the ball as he recovers from a long-term knee injury, while stating his hope that centre-back Mehdi Benatia will recover from a back complaint in time for the Wolfsburg fixture.

"For him [Benatia] it [the back injury] is a pity," he added. "His condition has already improved. We still have two weeks."

MarcoReus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zorc dismisses Reus speculation

17 January 2015

773486header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has played down rumours linking Marco Reus with a move to Real Madrid.

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has rejected speculation suggesting that Marco Reus could leave the club for Real Madrid.

Reports in the Spanish media have indicated that Real are ready to activate an apparent €25million release clause in Reus' contract, the presence of which was revealed by Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge last August.

The Germany forward has also been linked with Premier League sides Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

However, Zorc is adamant there have been no enquiries for Reus and that Dortmund are committed to keeping him at Signal Iduna Park.

"You know, I've been confronted with this question [about Reus' future] for years now," Zorc told Bild.

"Almost every week I hear about such rumours. There's no new developments, we want to continue working with Marco Reus for the long haul."

Reus - who has been troubled by ankle problems this season - has scored six goals in just 11 appearances in 2014-15.

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Injury worries for Dortmund after friendly win

17 January 2015

773716header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund beat Steaua Bucharest 1-0 in a friendly on Saturday, but saw Sebastian Kehl and Kevin Grosskreutz forced off by injury.

Borussia Dortmund are sweating on the fitness of Sebastian Kehl and Kevin Grosskreutz following a 1-0 friendly victory over Steaua Bucharest on Saturday.

The duo were forced from the field through injury during the match in Alicante, which was settled by Jakub Blaszczykowski's strike six minutes from time.

Defender Kehl had to be replaced a few moments before half-time due to a serious-looking shoulder problem, and Dortmund's fortunes did not improve much in the second period.

Grosskreutz was withdrawn for Blaszczykowski in the 75th minute with an apparent ankle injury, as the friendly fixture threatened to do more harm than good ahead of the return of the Bundesliga.

There was one late positive for coach Jurgen Klopp, as substitute Blaszczykowski slotted the ball under Valentin Cojocaru to snatch the win.

Ciro Immobile and Kevin Kampl had gone close to opening the scoring in the first 45 minutes.

MarcoReus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anderson Bamba signs Eintracht extension

19 January 2015

774579header.jpg

Defender Anderson Bamba has put pen to paper on a new deal with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Eintracht Frankfurt centre-back Anderson Bamba has signed a three-year contract extension to keep him at the Bundesliga club until 2018.

The Brazilian joined Eintracht from Borussia Monchengladbach in August 2012 following a loan spell at the Commerzbank-Arena in the previous season.

Anderson has made 16 appearances in all competitions this season for a Frankfurt side that sits ninth in the German top flight.

"I am very happy that I am staying for three more years," Anderson told Eintracht's official website.

"I feel very comfortable in Frankfurt, my family likes it here very much, which is important to me.

"I get along very well with the coach and the team. In addition, the last three-and-a-half years were also very successful for me.

"I wanted to continue. That's why I extended."

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamburg fined following Ribery incident

19 January 2015

774687header.jpg

Hamburg have been fined by the German Football Association after a fan struck Franck Ribery with a scarf and swore at him.

The German Football Association (DFB) has fined Hamburg €55,000 for a number of crowd incidents, including an altercation involving a fan and Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery in October.

The sides met at the Imtech Arena in the DFB-Pokal, with Bayern running out 3-1 winners and Frenchman Ribery among the scorers.

However, the victory was soured somewhat when a Hamburg fan ran onto the pitch and struck Ribery in the face with a scarf before swearing at him.

The Bundesliga club have been charged for "insufficient security", with further incidents such as the throwing of lighters and the use of flares in other fixtures added to Hamburg's rap sheet.

Werder Bremen and Eintracht Frankfurt have also been fined for off-field incidents, with the clubs' supporters found to have used smoke bombs and flares this season.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Match-fixing in football like doping is to other sports, says Zwanziger

459463_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jan 19, 2015 10:35:00

The former DFB president fears match-fixing is as big of a problem in football as the use of performance ehancing drugs is in other sports

Fifa Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger has warned against the dangers of match-fixing in football and believes the problem is as widespread as doping is in other sports.

Interpol revealed in September 2014 that between 60 and 80 countries had reported allegations of match-fixing for each of the three previous years and Zwanziger outlined the difficult battle against cheating ahead.

"Is match-fixing a similar disease in football as doping is in other sports? Yes, I would agree with this statement," the former DFB boss was quoted as saying by Bild.

"Even if there are early warning systems in place now and several other measures against match-fixing.

"A player who earns good money in the Bundesliga will not influence the result of a game for €5000, but the real danger is in amateur football.

"What can we do about it when illegal bookies allow people to place bets on games in the fifth tier? Football is quite vulnerable in that area."

John Abbott, who is leading the Interpol-Fifa initiative set up to fight the crime, previously stressed that match-fixing has become a global issue over the past few years, with criminal gangs across the world cashing in on the game.

"We have evidence of organised crime groups in China, Russia, the Balkans, the United States and Italy making substantial money."

Nuri Sahin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leverkusen take Jedvaj on permanent deal

20 January 2015

775096header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen have signed Tin Jedvaj on a permanent basis, just six months into a two-year loan deal from Roma.

Bayer Leverkusen have announced the signature of Crotia international Tin Jedvaj from Roma for an undisclosed fee.

The defender joined the Bundesliga outfit on a two-year loan during the close-season, which included an option to buy before the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

And Leverkusen have seen fit to snap up Jedvaj at the first opportunity, tying the 19-year-old down to a five-and-a-half-year contract.

"I'm happy," said Jedvaj, who has made 14 appearances in the German top flight this term, scoring two goals. "Bayer 04 are the best option for me and good for my development. I really want to get stuck in at Leverkusen."

Leverkusen CEO Michael Schade added: "We're very happy to secure the signing of a long-term deal with Tin Jedvaj after fair and amicable negotiations with AS Roma. He has made outstanding progress over the past few months.

"Bayer 04 have again demonstrated the commitment to build on young and talented players in the future.

"He will be a key member of our squad over the coming years."

Sporting director Rudi Voller also spoke highly of the former Dinamo Zagreb man.

"Tin Jedvaj has great potential and has consistently shown that in the few months he's been at Bayer 04," he said. "His versatility will certainly pay off for us. So we decided to sign Tin straight away."