• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Barclays Premier League Season 2013-14 ║

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't panic, Arsenal fans! Bendtner to the rescue as Wenger solves striking crisis

By PHIL DUNCAN PUBLISHED: 08:48 GMT, 30 August 2013 | UPDATED: 10:35 GMT, 30 August 2013

Arsene Wenger insists there could be a route back for Nicklas Bendtner at the Emirates as the Arsenal boss refuses to panic over his side's lack of activity in the transfer market. Bendtner, who hasn't played for the Gunners in over two years following loan spells at Sunderland and Juventus, appeared set to leave the North London club this summer. Wenger has been left with just two recognised strikers in Olivier Giroud and free signing Yaya Sanogo after Lukas Podolski was ruled out for up to 10 weeks with a hamstring injury sustained in the 2-0 win over Fenerbahce on Tuesday.

article-2406591-1B662CED000005DC-551_306x423.jpg
article-2406591-1B66ADB4000005DC-788_306x423.jpg

A welcome return? Nicklas Bendtner, who played for Juventus last term, hasn't featured for Arsenal since 2011

article-2406591-0C9AB16B000005DC-857_634x475.jpg

Yellow peril: Bendtner's last goal for Arsenal in the Premier League came in December 2010 against Wigan

Bendtner's record at Arsenal

Signed: July 1, 2005 from FC Copenhagen
Appearances: 157 Goals: 43

And despite marking a new striker his priority this summer, Wenger has now been forced to turn to Bendtner after failed moves for Luis Suarez, Wayne Rooney and Gonzalo Higuain. 'The chance for him to leave now is very small and if he comes back well and gets fit, I will use him,' said Wenger on the Denmark international.

article-2406591-1B844733000005DC-198_634x415.jpg

Injury blow: Lukas Podolski was ruled out for up to 10 weeks after picking up a hamstring injury

article-2406591-1B8083F0000005DC-715_306x423.jpg
article-2406591-0011A16C00000258-348_306x423.jpg

Legendary actor Clive Dunn played Lance Corporal Jones (right) in hit TV series Dad's Army. His catchphrase was 'Don't panic! Don't panic!' Wenger insists he won't be panicking as the transfer deadline day approaches

The Arsenal boss is under pressure to make signings following a summer in which he has failed to spend a single penny on additions to his squad. But Wenger insists he won't 'panic buy' before the transfer window shuts on Monday. 'We will not panic buy, that is for sure. You can believe me. It is not my strength to panic.'I can give you my phone and you will see I have more than 50 players offered to me a day.'I'm completely happy with what we do and how we do things. I don't share the criticisms that are made of my (transfer) team.'

article-0-1B7D5C91000005DC-195_634x403.jpg

Don't panic: Arsene Wenger remains hopeful of new additions at the Emirates before the window shuts

While Wenger has made just two additions to his squad this summer in Sanogo and Mathieu Flamini - both on free transfers - rivals Tottenaham have spent over £100milllion on new signings. Roberto Soldado, Etienne Capoue, Nacer Chadli, Paulinho and Vlad Chiriches have all signed for Tottenham with Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen poised to follow. But speaking ahead of Tottenham's visit to the Emirates on Sunday, Wenger appeared to suggest that Spurs could encounter problems with so many new faces.

article-2406591-1B753487000005DC-97_306x423.jpg
article-2406591-1B5A948F000005DC-407_306x423.jpg

New arrivals: Roberto Soldado (left) and Etienne Capoue are part of Tottenham's new-look squad this season

article-2406591-1B753FEF000005DC-683_634x424.jpg

Welcome aboard: Midfielder Paulinho arrived from Corinthians in a £17million deal

'There is a technical risk when you buy more than three players because you unbalance a bit the stability of your squad,' added Wenger. I know all the players they bought, but we will see how well they integrate. It's difficult to predict that. It can click fantastically well but there is a little risk. 'Honestly I must confess I am not too worried about their risk and what they do.'Wenger added: 'What is important for us is to get on a winning run. We have win the last three so it is important we continue that.'The game is a good opportunity for us to show our strengths against Tottenham because they have strengthened their team.'

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool issue apology after Twitter gaffe appears to mock Munich air disaster on eve of clash with Manchester United

By ADAM CRAFTON PUBLISHED: 10:12 GMT, 30 August 2013 | UPDATED: 10:41 GMT, 30 August 2013

Liverpool have issued an apology after the club's official Twitter account appeared to endorse a 'joke' about the Munich air disaster. On Thursday evening, the club's social media team invited supporters to recommend a song that should be played as the Liverpool players walk out on to the Anfield turf to face Manchester United on Sunday. One supporter suggested Frank Sinatra's Come Fly With Me and Eric Idle's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, in reference to the tragic plane crash that claimed the lives of 23 people - including eight Manchester United players - in Munich in 1958.

article-2406618-1B886681000005DC-899_634x545.jpg

Offensive: The tweet has since been deleted and Liverpool have apologised

MUNICH AIR DISASTER

The tragedy happened on 6 February 1958, when the plane bringing Manchester United players and staff and journalists crashed after attempting to take off in wintery conditions following a refuelling stop in Munich.

Twenty-three people - including eight United players - died and many, including manager Matt Busby, were seriously injured.

The official club account replied to the user, saying: 'Have you been sneaking a look at the dressing room iPod?' The tweet has since been deleted but has provoked outrage among football fans on the social networking site. Liverpool have since apologised, saying: 'Liverpool Football Club responded quickly to correct the error of judgement that was made last night on its official Twitter account in responding to a distasteful and inappropriate tweet.

'The club took decisive action and the comment was deleted swiftly. We apologise, unreservedly, for any offence that was caused by this mistake.'

United fans have made references to the Hillsborough disaster, where 96 Liverpool fans died in tragic circumstances and in 2011, Sir Alex Ferguson called for an end to the vile chants, saying: 'Both clubs need each other and the history should be appreciated by both sets of fans.

article-2406618-152923CB000005DC-851_634x316.jpg

Tribute: Manchester United players wore 96 on the back of their kit in September in memory of the Hillsborough victims

'Sometimes, when I hear silly chants about Munich or Hillsborough, I don't think it does either club any good because without each other it wouldn't be the English league. 'If it came to a stage when fans were banned from each other's ground it wouldn't be the same game. The respect for both clubs' histories should be adhered to. The intensity and rivalry, great footballers, it is the game of the season.'In February, Liverpool paid their respects by posting a picture on their Facebook page with the message ‘We all remember, we won't forget, may their soul rest in peace, by the grace of God…You'll never walk alone.’

article-2276489-1760DC19000005DC-914_632x993.jpg

Respect: Liverpool's heart-warming Munich tribute poster

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester City training switch to Etihad can help players feel at home

• Pellegrini moves training on day before home games
• Vincent Kompany may be fit for start of Champions League

Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Thursday 29 August 2013 13.12 BST

Manuel-Pellegrini-has-mov-008.jpg

Manuel Pellegrini has moved Manchester City's training from Carrington to the Etihad, above, before home games. Photograph: Richard Sellers/Sportsphoto Ltd/Allstar

Manuel Pellegrini has moved Manchester City's training from the club's Carrington base to the Etihad Stadium on the day before every home game in an unprecedented move, with his players due to prepare there on Friday before the visit of Hull City for Saturday's lunchtime kick-off.

Roberto Mancini, the Chilean's predecessor as manager, always used Carrington, in keeping with all other Premier League clubs who employ their training ground ahead of matches.

It is thought Pellegrini has made the change to ensure his players benefit from familiarity with the Etihad 24 hours before a match.

City could have Vincent Kompany back for the start of the Champions League, which has its draw for the group stage on Thursday afternoon.

The captain, who has a groin injury, said: "I'll be out for a little while but not too long. I may miss the internationals but I hope to be back after that. I've been here before and I'm going to work hard to get back as quickly as possible. There are worse things that can happen but the only disappointment is that the season began so positively for me and everything went really well during pre-season."

The Champions League resumes on 17 September.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Adams: Arsenal wasting their time with a marquee striker

310216_heroa.jpg

By Tim Poole24
Aug 30, 2013 10:34:00 AM

The former Gunners captain believes Arsene Wenger would be wrong to pursue a new forward as defensive worries - not goals - are the north London's side biggest problem

Former Arsenal captain Tony Adams believes Arsene Wenger should prioritise signing a new defender over buying another striker before the transfer window closes on Monday.

The Gunners have been involved in failed pursuits of both Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain this summer, but Adams believes Wenger would be wrong to bring in a big-name forward as he thinks defensive worries are the biggest problem within the current squad.

"This team is so gung-ho and they are so open that the balance is not right," Adams told reporters.

"They are too susceptible to the counter-attack and they never look like keeping a clean sheet.

"It’s so scary; I sit there holding my breath every week. So to try to shell out £40m on Suarez or Wayne Rooney would be money badly spent on yet another player who can open doors in the attacking third while the back door remains wide open.

"Arsenal have not got a problem scoring goals because Giroud scored 17 last season, they have got the pace of Theo [Walcott], Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, [Jack] Wilshere, [Aaron] Ramsey. They can score from all over the pitch.

"They need someone to lock it up when it breaks down and I would be scouring Europe for the next Gilberto [Silva].

"I must have been the only person in the country doing somersaults watching Manchester United and Chelsea keeping clean sheets the other night – two fantastic, organised, solid sides giving nothing away.

"That wasn’t a boring game for me, because I was wishing Arsenal could do that more often."

Wenger's side host Tottenham on Sunday and Adams believes the north London derby will provide a difficult test for the Gunners – especially in light of Spurs’ heavy summer expenditure.

He added: "There’s not going to be a lot in it on Sunday. Tottenham have spent a lot of money, they have got better and Arsenal have not been challenging for trophies, while too many big players have walked out of the door, which has been galling for the supporters.

"Tottenham have come back to Arsenal in recent years and north London derbies have certainly changed a lot since my first one, when Stewart Robson kicked Glenn Hoddle all over the pitch and we could have a good fight."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea pursuit of Rooney is "finished", says Mourinho

310924_heroa.jpg

By Tom J Doyle14
Aug 31, 2013 12:09:00 AM

The Stamford Bridge boss admitted his attempts to lure the Manchester United striker to London are over, but believes new forward Samuel Eto'o will bring experience to the side

Jose Mourinho admits that Chelsea's pursuit of Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is "finished", but insists he is happy with his squad after the purchase of Anzhi Makhachkala forward Samuel Eto'o.

The Blues' bid to buy the unsettled England striker has been one of the summer's longest-running transfer sagas, but the deal appeared to be over after Rooney publicly thanked the United fans for a warm reception while playing against Mourinho's men at Old Trafford on Monday.

And while the 50-year-old coach has failed in his attempts to lure David Moyes' player to Stamford Bridge, he says new signing Eto'o - who he worked with previously at Inter - will give his forward line some much-needed experience.

"No, no. For all parties, finished," he told Sky Sports after Chelsea lost the Uefa Super Cup to Bayern Munich 5-4 on penalties on Friday night. "One thing is to tell you through other people that you want, you want, you want, you want, you want, you want very much, but in the end of the day...

"It's the end [of our business]. We have a good group and Samuel [Eto'o] will give us other kind of qualities in attack - an experienced player in a team that needs some experienced players."

Mourinho insists he is not disappointed with Rooney's decision not to hand in a transfer request at United, suggesting the player has to do what he feels is right for his career and his life.

"No. I feel it's alright," he continued. "Everyone has to show his life, his future, so for me, I respect that a lot."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

300080_thumb.jpg

Coutinho had never heard of Moyes before Liverpool switch
The Brazilian also insists that he did not know about Manchester United's title wins before last season but claims the Premier League champions still have their winning mentality

311418_thumb.jpg

Rodgers: Length of transfer window is morally wrong
The Liverpool boss has been frustrated by the rumours surrounding Luis Suarez this summer, and believes that deals should be off the table when the Premier League season starts

286316_thumb.jpg

Tottenham confirm Eriksen signing
The 21-year-old is Andre Villas-Boas' latest summer signing after the White Hart Lane club also announced deals for Erik Lamela and Vlad Chiriches earlier on Friday

311354_thumb.jpg

Manchester United boss Moyes prepared for Anfield reception
The new Red Devils manager expects just as fiery a welcome from the Liverpool fans on Sunday as he did on his many visits in charge of Everton

306467_thumb.jpg

Kaka wants move to Italy or Premier League - agent
The Brazilian's representative has ruled out a switch to Brazil or the MLS, but has revealed there is interest from England and Serie A

300912_thumb.jpg

Tottenham deal for Eriksen 'as good as final' - De Boer
The 21-year-old is on his way to White Hart Lane, according to the Ajax coach, who says that the club are only waiting on the midfielder to agree personal terms before moving

283780_thumb.jpg

Chalobah signs new five-year Chelsea contract
The 18-year-old, who can operate in defence or midfield, has been awarded a new long-term deal with the Blues, having enjoyed a successful loan spell with Watford last season

310358_thumb.jpg

Bale's lawyers in Spain to finalise Real Madrid deal
After Erik Lamela's €30 million move to Tottenham was confirmed on Friday, the announcement of the Welshman's proposed world-record transfer could take place by 10.00BST

310318_thumb.jpg

Kolo Toure could recover in time to face Manchester United, says Rodgers
The defender was stretchered off on Tuesday but the Liverpool manager reveals that he could still be fit for Sunday, although on-loan Aly Cissoko faces up to six weeks out

310063_thumb.jpg

Rooney 'mentally in good shape' for Liverpool clash, says Moyes
The 50-year-old manager reiterates the club's stance that the forward is not for sale and is happy that the Chelsea target is prepared to face the Reds on Sunday

311283_thumb.jpg

Nastasic gives Manchester City injury boost
With Vincent Kompany and Micah Richards still out, the Serbian will be fit to partner Joleon Lescott at centre-back against Hull City Tigers after Javi Garcia filled in

310480_thumb.jpg

Tottenham sign Lamela from Roma
The Argentine attacking midfielder completes a €30 million (£25.7m) switch to White Hart Lane, with Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid expected to be announced shortly as a result

290837_thumb.jpg

Chelsea trio omitted from Spain squad
Cesar Azpilicueta, Juan Mata and Fernando Torres have all been left out of Vicente del Bosque’s side for upcoming internationals with Finland and Chile

311202_thumb.jpg

Sinclair glad to end Manchester City nightmare
The 24-year-old has hit out at former boss Roberto Mancini, claiming that the Italian did not give him a fair chance at the Etihad Stadium but refused to explain his reasons why

286377_thumb.jpg

Athletic Bilbao reject Manchester United's €30m bid for Ander Herrera
The Premier League champions have launched a big-money bid for the former Spain Under-21 international after being frustrated by Everton's stance over Marouane Fellaini

311203_thumb.jpg

Eto'o delighted with 'dream' Premier League move
The four-time African Player of the Year is overjoyed at the prospect of playing under Jose Mourinho again and is keen to "enjoy his football", while also having success at Chelsea

239425_thumb.jpg

Bendtner part of my plans, says Wenger
The 25-year-old striker will be given a chance in Arsenal's squad this term, providing he proves his fitness, while the 63-year-old has also reiterated that he will not panic buy

138974_thumb.jpg

Van der Sar: Eriksen can be a star at Spurs
The Ajax director hopes the Dane will stay in Amsterdam but believes he could be a big hit in north London should his much-anticipated transfer go through

309263_thumb.jpg

Chelsea sign Eto'o from Anzhi
The 32-year-old has penned a one-year deal at Stamford Bridge to become Jose Mourinho's sixth summer signing, with the club abandoning their pursuit of Wayne Rooney

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Revealed: The €15m pay cut Eto'o accepted to seal Chelsea move

309263_heroa.jpg

Aug 30, 2013 8:30:00 AM

The striker completed his move to Stamford Bridge on Thursday, but is set to see his weekly pay-packet reduced by an astonishing 71 per cent after leaving Russia

EXCLUSIVE
By Paul Clennam

Samuel Eto'o accepted a staggering €15 million pay cut to complete his move to Chelsea, Goal can reveal.

The striker, whose free transfer to Stamford Bridge from Anzhi Makhachkala was confirmed on Thursday, has been handed a one-year deal worth €117,000-a-week, some €293,000 less than in Russia.

Eto'o was the best paid player in world football at Anzhi, whose owner Suleyman Kerimov has moved to drastically reduce spending at the club, having previously sold Willian to the Blues for €38m on Sunday and a host of Russian talent to various domestic rivals.

Despite the mammoth loss in weekly earnings, Eto'o is still set to receive a substantial eight-figure severance package and signing on fee having completed the move to west London.

The former Barcelona star also receives €5.8m-a-year as a face of Puma, but has still seen his weekly pay-packet reduced by over 70 per cent.

Eto'o played under Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho during Inter's treble-winning 2009-10 campaign, before moving to the mega-rich Dagestan outfit in the North Caucasus.

He emerged as a target for the Blues boss after the club abandoned their pursuit of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, despite making two bids for the striker.

"I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible," Eto'o told Chelsea's official website on Thursday.

"It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it."

Eto'o is Chelsea's sixth signing of the summer transfer window, joining Willian, Cristian Cuevas, Andre Schurrle, Mark Schwarzer and Marco van Ginkel at Stamford Bridge.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool - Manchester United Preview: Reds could take fifth successive league win for first time since 2009

The Red Devils' win at Anfield last season followed four unsuccessful attempts, while new manager David Moyes never tasted victory there with his old Everton side

311329hp2.jpg

By Alex Fisher

Liverpool host Manchester United on Sunday looking to record a fifth successive Premier League win for the first time since May 2009.

Brendan Rodgers's side have followed up their strong finish to last season by winning their opening two games of the new campaign against Stoke City and Aston Villa but, despite their good form, extending this sequence against their arch-rivals at Anfield will not be an easy task, as they have not beaten the Red Devils in their last four league meetings and lost the corresponding fixture 2-1 last season.

That victory was the first time that United had won at Liverpool in five attempts, though, and new boss David Moyes heads back to Merseyside looking for his first ever victory at Anfield.

The Scot masterminded just three wins in 22 matches against Liverpool during his 11-year stint in charge of Everton - with all of those successes coming at Goodison Park.

Captain Steven Gerrard and in-form striker Daniel Sturridge are the men to whom the hosts will look to for inspiration in the absence of Luis Suarez, who serves the seventh game of his 10-match suspension.

Gerrard has scored four goals in his last six league appearances against United - including a goal in each of the last two encounters at Anfield - while Sturridge has netted 10 goals in his last eight appearances in all competitions.

Robin van Persie is likely to be the main threat for the visitors. The Dutchman, who has finished as the Premier League's leading goalscorer for the last two seasons, has netted four times in his last three top-flight appearances against Liverpool.

Rodgers will be without new signing Aly Cissokho as the 25-year-old is expected to be out for between four and six weeks after suffering an ankle injury during the Capital One Cup clash with Notts County.

However, close-season signing Kolo Toure, who also went off in Liverpool's second-round win over the League One outfit, could be fit after recovering well from a groin problem.

United have doubts over Rafael and Chicharito (both hamstring), while Portugal international Nani continues to struggle with a groin injury. Darren Fletcher is unavailable indefinitely due to a bowel condition.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal - Tottenham Preview: Transfer fortunes contrast in north London derby

Spurs look to continue their unbeaten start to the Premier League season as they travel to the Emirates Stadium but have lost 5-2 twice in a row at the Gunners' home ground

311355hp2.jpg

By Nicholas McGee

Tottenham are out to continue their unbeaten start to the season when they travel to north London rivals Arsenal on Sunday.

Penalties from Roberto Soldado gave Andre Villas-Boas's men victories over both Crystal Palace and Swansea City in their opening two games of the Premier League campaign but their recent record at the Emirates Stadium is far from impressive, with the Gunners strolling to emphatic 5-2 wins in their last two home league outings against their neighbours.

Arsenal bounced back well after losing their first match of the new campaign at home to Aston Villa with a victory at Fulham and will be buoyed by their Champions League play-off triumph over Fenerbahce.

Manager Arsene Wenger has attracted criticism from some sections of the club's support due to the fact that he has recruited just two players in the transfer window - young striker Yaya Sanogo and experienced midfielder Mathieu Flamini, who re-signed for the club after leaving for AC Milan in 2008.

By contrast, Tottenham have been far more active in the market, breaking their club transfer record three times since the end of last season with the purchases of Paulinho, Soldado and Erik Lamela.

However, Wenger is unconcerned by their rivals' business and insists that he is solely focused on the upcoming game.

"I must confess I am not too much worried about their risk and what they do," the Frenchman told reporters.

"I believe you win games when you focus on yourself and the quality of our game. The only thing that counts in football is what happens on the pitch.

"When you see our team play, I think that is the most important: What happens on the pitch. We have a way to play, we have good players and let's focus on that."

Arsenal head into the game with a host of injuries, as midfielders Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Aaron Ramsey (groin) are both doubts, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee), Thomas Vermaelen (back), Mikel Arteta (thigh) and Lukas Podolski (hamstring) all miss out.

Tottenham will be without Gareth Bale, whose move to Real Madrid is expected to be completed imminently, and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) and Aaron Lennon (ankle) are also unavailable for Villas-Boas.

However, despite a number of absentees on both sides, goals are to be expected, as the north London derby has delivered 124 goals in Premier League history - more than any other fixture.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

272091_thumb.jpg

Arsenal make Demba Ba enquiry
The former Newcastle striker has not been included in the Blues' match day squad for their last two outings and has slipped down the pecking order following Samuel Eto'o's arrival

310269_thumb.jpg

Manchester City confirm Demichelis signing
The 32-year-old stopper only moved to the Vicente Calderon earlier this summer, but has been summoned to the Etihad Stadium as defensive cover by former boss Manuel Pellegrini

299429_thumb.jpg

Arsenal in talks with Real Madrid over €47m Ozil
Arsene Wenger has stepped up his pursuit of the German playmaker, who has fallen down the Bernabeu pecking order, and hopes to complete a spectacular deal on deadline day

312225_thumb.jpg

Wenger 'confident' of major Arsenal signing before transfer window closes
The Gunners boss suggests he could land a 'surprise' signing ahead of Monday night's deadline, as they hold talks over a €47m move for Real Madrid attacker Mesut Ozil

308281_thumb.jpg

Bale bids farewell to Tottenham after completing 'dream' Real Madrid move
The double PFA Player of the Year winner has paid tribute to Spurs, and Southampton, after officially completing his move to the Spanish giants on a six-year deal

308281_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid sign Bale for world record fee
Los Blancos have finally announced the arrival of the Wales international, who has usurped new team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo as the game's most expensive player

312129_thumb.jpg

Rodgers praises Liverpool's team spirit after Manchester United win
The Anfield boss was thrilled with his side's efforts as they secured a narrow victory over the defending champions, offering particular praise for goalscorer Daniel Sturridge

312123_thumb.jpg

Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham: Giroud strike downs big-spending Spurs
The French striker could be under threat should Arsene Wenger manage to bring in a marquee forward, but he proved his worth yet again with a fine goal to win the derby

224891_thumb.jpg

Rodgers expects deals for Sakho, Ilori & Moses to be completed on Monday
The Reds boss has confirmed the club are on the verge of adding three more signings to the squad and suggests that will then be the end of the club's summer spending

309882_thumb.jpg

Moyes 'wouldn't be worried' if Manchester United make no new signings
The former Everton boss saw his side draw a blank in defeat at Anfield, but insists that their performance was the best he has presided over so far, and is happy with his squad

312066_thumb.jpg

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United: Sturridge inflicts first defeat on Moyes
The England striker, on his birthday, was on hand to flick Daniel Agger's headed effort beyond David de Gea and into the net as Brendan Rodgers' side came out on top at Anfield

312069_thumb.jpg

West Brom 0-2 Swansea: Davies & Hernandez get Swans up and running
The Capital One Cup holders lifted themselves off the foot of the Premier League table courtesy of an influential outing from their Spanish winger, while the Baggies remain winless

254170_thumb.jpg

Arsenal close in on loan deal for Viviano
The Italy international, who spent last season on loan with Fiorentina, is expected to sign for the season from Palermo and provide competition for current No.1 Wojciech Szczesny

285080_thumb.jpg

Atsu joins Chelsea and makes Vitesse loan move
The 21-year-old has penned a five-year deal after impressing for Porto as they won the Portuguese league last term and will now join the Eredivisie side on a season-long deal

310063_thumb.jpg

Injured Rooney has 'no chance' of playing for England, says Moyes
The Manchester United striker sustained a gash to his head in training and his Scottish boss has ruled out any involvement in the Three Lions' upcoming World Cup qualifiers

310836_thumb.jpg

'Nani has signed new Manchester United deal'
Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta reveals that the Italian giants have called a halt to their pursuit of the winger, insisting he agreed new terms with David Moyes' side

311987_thumb.jpg

Pellegrini expects 'progress' on Demichelis deal
The 32-year-old former Argentina international has been pinpointed following Vincent Kompany's groin injury, while the Manchester City coach also hopes Gareth Barry will stay

230897_thumb.jpg

Tottenham still strong without Bale, says Cazorla
The Welshman is poised to complete a record-breaking €100 million move to Real Madrid, but the Gunners man feels Spurs' summer spending cannot be ignored by their top-four rivals

301298_thumb.jpg

Gerrard urges Suarez: Join Barcelona, Bayern or Real Madrid... not Arsenal
The Gunners saw two bids rejected for the striker this summer before calling off their pursuit, and the Reds captain feels such a move would have betrayed the club and supporters

302664_thumb.jpg

Benitez compares Hamsik to Gerrard
The Slovakia international scored twice on Saturday and his coach admitted there are similarities between the midfielder and the Liverpool star

311431_thumb.jpg

Herrera Sr casts doubt on Man United move
The Old Trafford outfit had a bid for the midfielder rejected last week and the playmaker's dad revealed any move to David Moyes's side would be hard to tricky

295101_thumb.jpg

Pellegrini urges Manchester City improvement after Hull City Tigers win
The former Malaga coach revealed that he was pleased with the three points and clean sheet but feels his side need to do more in attack if they are to cause better sides problems

311621_thumb.jpg

English game will suit me, claims Tottenham new boy Lamela
The Argentine winger says his playing style will help him adapt to the Premier League easily after completing a switch to Andre Villas-Boas' Spurs side from Roma on Friday

311677_thumb.jpg

Cardiff City 0-0 Everton: Toffees left fuming over penalty denial
Roberto Martinez's side had a strong appeal rejected but could only achieve their third draw in a row as Malky Mackay's men held on to earn a point at the Cardiff City Stadium

311682_thumb.jpg

Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham: Ben Arfa scorcher seals the points as Cabaye features
Alan Pardew's side's first goal of the Premier League season finally came late on from the Frenchman, earning them a morale-boosting three points at home to the Cottagers

300306_thumb.jpg

Celtic in talks with Manchester United over Buttner loan, says agent
The player's representative claims the Scottish champions have been in negotiations with the Premier League holders over a temporary move for the Dutch full-back

311658_thumb.jpg

Manchester City 2-0 Hull City Tigers: Negredo & Toure on target in unconvincing win
The summer signing found the breakthrough for Manuel Pellegrini's side after coming on as a second-half substitute and the Ivorian added a late second to add gloss to the scoreline

309514_thumb.jpg

Garcia: Too late for Manchester United to buy De Rossi
The Giallorossi boss claims that both player and club agreed not to sell past a certain date and that the midfielder will remain for the season, despite the Red Devils' overtures

307290_thumb.jpg

Liverpool agree €17m deal for Sakho
Paris Saint-Germain accept the Premier League side's offer, with the Reds also closing in on Sporting Lisbon defender Tiago Ilori as they look to bolster their defensive options

149127_thumb.jpg

Tottenham renew Coentrao talks
The north London club are ready to continue their impressive £100 million-plus transfer spree as they prepare for Gareth Bale's imminent £86m departure to Real Madrid

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wenger against director of football model as Tottenham continue to splash the cash

310216_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young126
Sep 1, 2013 9:37:00 AM

Arsenal have secured just two free transfers this summer and failed in bids for Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain, while Franco Baldini has led a €106 million spending spree at Spurs

Arsene Wenger has insisted he will never agree to work alongside a director of football figure at Arsenal despite Tottenham's success with Franco Baldini.

Spurs have pre-emptively reinvested the record-breaking sum expected for Gareth Bale with a spending spree worth upwards of €106 million, breaking their transfer record three times during the summer.

Arsenal, on the other hand, have just two free signings to boast thus far, but Wenger prefers to keep a firm eye on potential purchases himself as he is in charge of their on-pitch performances.

"I would not work with a director of football because they buy the players and when it does not work you are guilty for not using them well," Wenger told reporters.

"I am not against having people to help me buy, sell and negotiate because I cannot do it all. But I think the final decision always has to belong to the manager to decide who comes in and who goes out because he is responsible for the style of play and results.

"I stand up for the results of a team I have chosen. The manager should be responsible for the players who come in.

"I cannot deny the transfer window is a problem for me because it conflicts with a period where the competition has started already and I need big focus on the competition.

"It's not as easy any more because the market has become more open and international. There are more contenders, but not more players. I always want to be in a position where I do not have to buy."

Wenger has been the target of frustrated Arsenal fans this summer following failed bids for Luis Suarez and hesitation seeing Gonzalo Higuain join Napoli, but he has insisted his desire to succeed at the Emirates Stadium has not faltered.

"I don’t look too far ahead, I never have," he added. "This job teaches you a lot about yourself and I know one thing, everywhere I have worked has been to the last day with full commitment.

"That commitment will not change. Do I go or stay? I think I have shown my commitment to this club because I said no to many, many, many, many clubs while I have been here. I don't need to show my loyalty."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Levy: Bale forced us to sell him

310358_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle13
Sep 1, 2013 9:00:00 PM

The Spurs supremo explained that he had no intention of cashing in on the 24-year-old attacker but that the player was no long committed to the cause

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy says that Gareth Bale left the club with no other option but to sell him to Real Madrid.

The Wales international finally secured his world-record move to the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday evening, bringing an end to a transfer saga that has rumbled on all summer long.

Levy explained that Spurs had not wanted to cash in on the 24-year-old winger but ultimately felt that there was little else they could do given Bale, who even skipped training last week, was so determined to depart.

"Gareth was a player we had absolutely no intention of selling as we look to build for the future," he said on the club's official Twitter account.

"He is a player whose career we have fostered and developed and he was only a year into his new four-year contract.

"Such has been the attention from Real Madrid and so great is Gareth's desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign in the current season.

"We have, therefore, with great reluctance, agreed to this sale and do so in the knowledge that we have an exceptionally strong squad.

"We wish Gareth all the best in the future and he shall always be welcome at the Lane.”

Bale has penned a six-year contract with Madrid as part of his record-breaking €100 million switch to the Spanish capital.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fellaini's replacement? Everton fail with £12m bid for Wigan midfielder McCarthy

By SIMON JONES PUBLISHED: 20:51 GMT, 1 September 2013 | UPDATED: 00:50 GMT, 2 September 2013

Everton have had a £12million bid rejected for Wigan midfielder James McCarthy as they continue to haggle with Manchester United over the sale of Marouane Fellaini. Talks were ongoing over the prospective £24million sale of the Belgium international to United with Everton moving quickly to line up replacements. Wigan midfielder McCarthy is one while Everton have also lined up Manchester City's Gareth Barry, Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi and remain keen on Blackpool's Tom Ince.

article-2408528-1B62F741000005DC-235_634x491.jpg

Target: Everton failed with a £12m bid for Wigan midfielder McCarthy

article-2408528-1B8D504A000005DC-666_634x422.jpg

On the move? Talks are ongoing between Everton and Manchester United on Fellaini

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan said: 'We rejected the bid because it's still not near the value we'd expect. If we have to sell James then we will have to bring someone in and that's not easy, I really hope he stays with us. Everyone seems to leave the business until the last minute.'Whelan has rejected a £3million offer from Crystal Palace for Callum McManamanan and said: 'Callum McManaman is not leaving Wigan.'Whelan said: 'I don't know if they were trying to be funny or clever but it was an insulting offer and not worth taking seriously.'

article-2408528-19C79441000005DC-814_634x483.jpg

Familiar: Everton manager Martinez was McCarthy's boss at Wigan

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal hope to smash transfer record with £40m offer for Real's Ozil

By SIMON JONES
PUBLISHED: 21:14 GMT, 1 September 2013 | UPDATED: 00:02 GMT, 2 September 2013

Arsenal have made a £40million offer for Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil but could face a battle with Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United on the last day of the transfer window. The Germany star was left on the bench for Real’s 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, as was Manchester United’s other target, Athletic midfielder Ander Herrera.Ozil looked frustrated as he sat next to Iker Casillas on the bench and privately has made it clear he wants to leave the Bernabeu, with his place under threat from Gareth Bale.

article-0-1B79C98D000005DC-141_634x466.jpg

Heading to England? Mesut Ozil was left on the bench for Real Madrid with Arsenal a possible move

Arsenal opened talks on Friday and are willing to meet Ozil’s £180,000-a-week wage demands to bring in a world-class player and appease fans. However, they face competition from Paris Saint-Germain, who made an enquiry on Sunday, and United, who are considering a U-turn after initially saying Ozil was not the type of player they need. Ozil is keen to move to England and Arsenal or United would be his preference.

article-0-1B926D25000005DC-198_306x423.jpg
article-0-1B926D21000005DC-600_306x423.jpg

Playmaker: Ozil could be persuaded to sign for either PSG or Manchester United

Arsenal have also expressed interest in Real winger Angel Di Maria while the Spanish giants’ midfielder Kaka has been offered to them but is continuing talks with AC Milan. Arsenal have agreed a season-long loan with Palermo for goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano.The Italy international was on loan at Fiorentina last season and travelled to London on Sunday prior to undergoing a medical this morning. Palermo striker Abel Hernandez – Uruguayan international team-mate for Arsenal target Luis Suarez - emerged as a late contender in the North London club's search for a new striker, while a loan move for Chelsea’s Demba Ba is also a possibility.

article-0-1B906C89000005DC-926_634x497.jpg

Leaving: Angel Di Maria could also be on his way out of Real Madrid

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

312445_thumb.jpg

Liverpool boss Rodgers cools title talk
The 40-year-old insists Champions League football is the Anfield outfit's priority despite a perfect start to the league season, also claiming the Reds' new signings will add depth

310665_thumb.jpg

Manchester United & Everton agree £24m Fellaini fee
The clubs are in advanced talks over a deal with Belgian midfielder, who will complete deadline day move to Old Trafford once Everton sign James McCarthy

227620_thumb.jpg

West Brom complete loan deal for Amalfitano

307290_thumb.jpg

Liverpool sign Sakho from PSG
Goal understands the Reds will pay €17 million for the France international, who watched Sunday's 1-0 win over Manchester United at Anfield before completing his move

264079_thumb.jpg

Fellaini & Baines could join Manchester United, admits Osman
The midfielder admitted he is unsure if the pair will stay at Everton, but he insisted the Merseyside club would adapt to a possible exit and can improve without them

213321_thumb.jpg

Everton eye double Barry & Lescott swoop
The Toffees are yet to make an official approach for the duo, but Manuel Pellegrini's side have named their price for two players in the final year of their contracts

311665_thumb.jpg

Manchester City forward Negredo eyes starting role
The Spaniard, a summer signing for Manuel Pellegrini, has had to make do with three substitute appearances so far this season, with the Chilean manager opting to start Edin Dzeko

280856_thumb.jpg

Liverpool sign Ilori from Sporting Lisbon
The 20-year-old centre-back adds depth to a Reds defence hit by injuries after a summer-long pursuit, and is expected to be joined at Anfield by Mamadou Sakho

312123_thumb.jpg

Premier League Team of the Week: Classy Giroud makes the difference
The Frenchman scored his third goal in as many games to see off Arsenal's big-spending rivals, Tottenham, and is joined by the likes of Alvaro Negredo, Hugo Lloris and Daniel Agger

235661_thumb.jpg

Stoke sign Arnautovic from Werder Bremen
The 24-year-old Austria forward joins Erik Pieters, Marc Muniesa and Oussama Assaidi in moving to the Britannia Stadium this summer after putting pen to paper on a four-year deal

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea winger Moses spotted at Anfield after signing loan deal with Liverpool

By NEIL ASHTON PUBLISHED: 14:38 GMT, 1 September 2013 | UPDATED: 07:53 GMT, 2 September 2013

Liverpool have signed Chelsea winger Victor Moses on a season-long loan.The Nigeria international was spotted in the Anfield crowd during his new side's 1-0 victory over rivals Manchester United on Sunday.Brendan Rodgers is also close to finalising deals for Paris Saint-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho and his fellow centre-half Tiago Ilori of Sporting Lisbon. Both players underwent medicals on Saturday and were seen sitting with Moses during the game.

article-0-1B90E983000005DC-177_634x435.jpg

New boy: Moses watches Liverpool's clash with Manchester United

article-2408403-1B910C88000005DC-457_634x469.jpg

Arrivals: (L-R) Sakho, Ilori and Moses take their seats

article-2408403-1B912276000005DC-903_634x341.jpg

Moses, Sakho and Ilori saw Daniel Sturridge score the winner against United at Anfield

article-2404091-1B6D8BF3000005DC-983_634x388.jpg

Left at home: Victor Moses (left) did not travel to Prague with the Chelsea squad for the Super Cup

West Brom and Stoke were also interested in former Crystal Palace player Moses but Brendan Rodgers has convinced the 22-year-old his short-term future lies at Anfield. The deal, which will cost the Merseyside club £1.5million, makes Moses the sixth summer arrival at Anfield following Iago Aspas, Simon Mignolet, Luis Alberto, Aly Cissokho and Kol Toure. Moses is surplus to requirements at Chelsea after Jose Mourinho signed attacking midfielders Willian and Andre Schurrle this summer.

article-2408403-1B63FC6D000005DC-794_634x512.jpg

Out of favour: Moses cost £10million from Wigan last summer

article-2404091-1B7D0A20000005DC-396_634x388.jpg

Rodgers has strengthened his squad significantly this summer

The forward, who signed for the Blues from Wigan last summer, was not part of Mourinho's squad for the Super Cup defeat to Bayern Munich on Friday.He will now battle with the likes of Aspas, Raheem Sterling and Phillipe Coutinho for a place in Liverpool's starting XI.

VICTOR MOSES FACTFILE

Nationality: Nigerian
Date of birth: 12/12/1990
Previous clubs: Crystal Palace, Wigan Athletic, Chelsea
2012/13 Premier League appearances: 23

Goals: 1

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ibrahimovic: How Wenger saw through me when I nearly signed for Arsenal... and my clash with Barca boss Guardiola

By THOM DRAKE
PUBLISHED: 08:33 GMT, 2 September 2013 | UPDATED: 08:33 GMT, 2 September 2013

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed he was close to joining Arsenal but thought Arsene Wenger could 'see right through' him.The PSG striker, whose career has taken him to Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan, has written an autobiography entitled I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic where he has given his opinions on several managers across Europe, including both Wenger and former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola. Describing his trip to London to discuss a possible move to Arsenal, Ibrahimovic said: 'I felt like a little boy when I stepped into Wenger's office. I shivered a bit under his gaze. It was like he was trying to see right through me, or size me up.

article-0-1B901027000005DC-645_634x409.jpg

Exposed: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has said Arsene Wenger 'saw right through' him when he came to London

In an extract from his book in the The Times, he also said: 'He's a man who draws up psychological profiles of his players - are they emotionally stable? That sort of stuff. He is thorough, like all great coaches, and I didn't say much at first. 'I just sat in silence and was bashful, but after a while I lost my patience. Something about Wenger set me off. he would leap up every so often to check who was outside his window. It seemed as if he wanted to keep an eye on everything, and he kept going on about one thing all the time.'

article-0-1B917DB5000005DC-989_634x418.jpg

Control-freak: Ibrahimovic said the Arsenal boss likes to draw up a psychological profile of all his players

He also admitted he lost his temper with Guardiola during the middle of a La Liga match.'In the changing room after the match against Villarreal, I screamed at Guardiola. 'I screamed about his balls and how he'd been s****ing himself in front of Mourinho, and you can just imagine. It was war, and it was me against him. 'Guardiola, the frightened little over-thinker who couldn't even look me in the eye or say good morning, and me, who'd been quiet and cautious for such a long time but who finally blew up and became myself again.'

article-0-0ABAB504000005DC-141_634x473.jpg

Clash of egos: Ibrahimovic had a troubled stay at Barcelona, falling out with Pep Guardiola

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Everton and Newcastle join Spurs in frantic deadline day pursuit of £8m Ince

By SAM CUNNINGHAM and JOE BERNSTEIN
PUBLISHED: 08:46 GMT, 2 September 2013 | UPDATED: 09:12 GMT, 2 September 2013

Everton and Newcastle have both made enquiries about Blackpool winger Tom Ince. Tottenham set the ball rolling by opening talks about an £8million move for the 21-year-old on Sunday. It is expected that bids will be accepted by the club but it is understood the player, who turned down a move to Cardiff earlier in the summer because he wants to stay in the north west with his family, wants to stay and play for his dad, Paul, until January.

article-2408707-1B93E82A000005DC-878_634x423.jpg

Target: Everton and Newcastle are both chasing Tom Ince from Blackpool

article-2408707-1B8D4657000005DC-869_634x481.jpg

Interest: Tottenham bid £8m for the 21-year-old Blackpool winger on Sunday

In the next transfer window he will be open to a Premier League move after he has played more first-team football in the Championship. Either way, once Blackpool accept a bid for Ince they are duty-bound to tell Liverpool and allow Liverpool to bid the same amount under the terms of Ince’s sale to Liverpool.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Free Shinji' Twitter campaign unlikely to persuade Moyes to get rid of Kagawa, even with Fellaini's arrival

By ADAM CRAFTON PUBLISHED: 09:16 GMT, 2 September 2013 | UPDATED: 09:17 GMT, 2 September 2013

Manchester United's Japanese playmaker Shinji Kagawa has been the subject of a bizarre 'Free Shinji' Twitter campaign.The club's brief last week was that no senior players would be allowed to leave United in this window although they are expected to bring in Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini. Certainly, United are not actively looking to sell, nor is David Moyes under any pressure to move players on.

article-0-1B797FAC000005DC-766_634x391.jpg

Free him: Shinji Kagawa fans have been campaigning on Twitter to get him out of Manchester United

However, certain players may become available should David Moyes strengthen considerably in the coming hours. Kagawa was not fully match fit for Sunday's 1-0 defeat at Liverpool but it was still a surprise that he didn't make United's matchday squad. He is believed to be happy to remain at club. Arsenal and Atletico Madrid are considering loan bids for Kagawa, who is understood to already be on his way to Osaka for Japan's upcoming international games. There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes and if something does happen with Kagawa it would be in the final hours of the window - and only if United have added at least two midfielders. I'd still be very surprised - United do rate him highly.

article-0-1AEF7485000005DC-568_634x405.jpg

Surplus: Kagawa is not currently match-fit, but looks unlikely to be a regular starter under David Moyes